PDA

View Full Version : Top 16 Seeds for AO Already Final Except for #15,#16

NA-GOAT
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:32 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=8073837&postcount=1

1 S Williams 9075 (top seed unless she ban)
2 Safina 7800 (stuck at #2)
3 Kuznetsova 6141 (stuck at #3)
4 Wozniacki 5878 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)

5-8
Dementieva 5585 (play Hopman so cannot gain points)
V Williams 5126 (cannot gain enough points to rise to top 4)
Azarenka 4820 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)
Jankovic 3965 (cannot gain enough points to rise to top 4)

9-12
Zvonareva 3560 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)
A Radwanska 3450 (cannot gain enough points to become top 8)
Bartoli 3245 (could be as high as #9 if she win Bali MM but cannot top 8)
Pennetta 3150 (cannot gain enough points to become top 8)

13-14
Stosur 3045 (play Hopman so cannot gain points)
Sharapova 2820 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)

Fight For 15&16
Li 2541 (cannot gain enough points in Auckland to become top 12)
Wickmayer 2385 (ban)
Schiavone 2375
Clijsters 2340 (will become top 16 seed with good Brisbane)
Razzano 2300
Petrova 2220

Caralenko
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Who cares? :rolleyes:

If you have to open stupid threads, please open them at relevant times.

NA-GOAT
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:35 AM
hope Li and Clijster become top 16 seed ... so 13-16 is Stosur, Sharapova, Li, Clijster ... that is very tough draw for the top 4 seeds in R16

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:37 AM

i do. u have a bad attitude. :wavey:

very close race for 15&16!!! the 13-16 has a lot of potential high quality opponents, none of which can be overlooked. 1-4 should be scared xD

Singleniacki
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Everyone bashes NA-GOAT way to much. This poster has created some really interesting threads and always gets bashed for it, the point is just because you don't find the information interesting doesn't mean you can speak for everyone else.

Interesting analysis, i wonder who will finish 15th and 16th

Craig.
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Everyone bashes NA-GOAT way to much. This poster has created some really interesting threads and always gets bashed for it, the point is just because you don't find the information interesting doesn't mean you can speak for everyone else.

To some extent, I agree.

Caralenko
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:43 AM
i do. u have a bad attitude. :wavey:

A bad attitude? :speakles: on the INTERNET? :eek: Who'd have seen that one coming?!

My problem was with NA-GOAT's compulsion to create threads about every tiny happening in the (SE)WTA. S/h/it doesn't even give Mario Sharapov or PaikesePoole the chance to make one :angel:

vw.
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Wow at Sharapova and potentially Clijsters being 13-16
So glad Venus left the top 4! :lol: :hearts:

SELVEN
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:48 AM
hope Li and Clijster become top 16 seed ... so 13-16 is Stosur, Sharapova, Li, Clijster ... that is very tough draw for the top 4 seeds in R16

1 serena 2 safina 3 kuznetsova 4 wozniacki
5 dementieva 6 venus 7 azarenka 8 jankovic

I would prefer my favorite player face to the top4(besides serena):angel::angel:

Singleniacki
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:49 AM
A bad attitude? :speakles: on the INTERNET? :eek: Who'd have seen that one coming?!

My problem was with NA-GOAT's compulsion to create threads about every tiny happening in the (SE)WTA. S/h/it doesn't even give Mario Sharapov or PaikesePoole the chance to make one :angel:

This is a womens tennis forum, we chat about things related to womens tennis. This thread is related to womens tennis. If a thread interests you please go ahead and discuss it with other posters but if don't find the topic interesting, please don't participate, because bashing is pointless, futile and unnecessary.

Golovinjured.
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Li and Clijsters plz :D

NA-GOAT
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:09 AM

Venus so lucky :lol: maybe she play bad on purpose to leave top 4 :spit:

DOUBLEFIST
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:19 AM

I agree completely.

I've never understood why so many people here bash N-G. :scratch:

I think he/she is kinda witty.

Привет
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Am I the only one who totally missed Kuznetsova moving back up to no. 3? :eek: When did that happen? :o :lol:

If Clijsters moves up into that group it'll be a fun AO. :angel:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:24 AM

My problem is people who get offended by inoffensive threads in General Messages as if GM is supposed to be some prophetic news source for their own divine selfish needs.

WTF? Just don't read a thread you don't like! There's at least 10 "useful" threads on GM at all times on the 1st page that one can participate in, and about 50000 threads that you can search through if you hate whatever is on the 1st page. I understand getting mad at a thread if it repeats something that has already been said, or makes some ridiculous assumption, or is a hate thread, but otherwise, why get SO offended? There's no reason.

GM isn't just for one person, it's for thousands. :drool:

mckyle.
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Ban pierce0415!

Caralenko
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:30 AM
My problem is people who get offended by inoffensive threads in General Messages as if GM is supposed to be some prophetic news source for their own divine selfish needs.

WTF? Just don't read a thread you don't like! There's at least 10 "useful" threads on GM at all times on the 1st page that one can participate in, and about 50000 threads that you can search through if you hate whatever is on the 1st page. I understand getting mad at a thread if it repeats something that has already been said, or makes some ridiculous assumption, or is a hate thread, but otherwise, why get SO offended? There's no reason.

GM isn't just for one person, it's for thousands. :drool:

If you think this offended (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Offended) me, I suggest you look again :cuckoo:

If NA-GOAT wanted to post this, why waste a moderator's time by posting it in GM? Not only are his threads annoying, but if people want information about particular tournaments and their draws/seeds, go and visit the tournament forum. They're not there to be pretty.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:38 AM
If you think this offended (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Offended) me, I suggest you look again :cuckoo:

If NA-GOAT wanted to post this, why waste a moderator's time by posting it in GM? Not only are his threads annoying, but if people want information about particular tournaments and their draws/seeds, go and visit the tournament forum. They're not there to be pretty.

Your use of smilies and language suggests you were offended.

Of course, internet language is always sticky; the manner in which any one person interprets text/smiley is likely to be different than how the author intended xD

Undoubtedly though, your language is aggressive; you essentially called his threads wasteful when there are a lot of people (like me) who enjoy his threads.

TheFifthAvocado
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:41 AM

As if she would get to the round of 16 in Australia anyway! :lol: :hearts:

Caralenko
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Your use of smilies and language suggests you were offended.

Of course, internet language is always sticky; the manner in which any one person interprets text/smiley is likely to be different than how the author intended xD

Undoubtedly though, your language is aggressive; you essentially called his threads wasteful when there are a lot of people (like me) who enjoy his threads.

I suppose you are right in that I didn't need to be aggressive about it. But I am surely not the only one who's patience is being tested by NA-GOAT :p Now we can drop it and let him continue filling the forum.

pepaw
Nov 7th, 2009, 05:24 AM

stupid bitch

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 7th, 2009, 05:40 AM

EXACTLY! just stay out of the fucking threads sheesh. it's redundant.

i love the fact that NA pays them no mind whatsoever. :rolls: :hearts:

mr_burns
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
so glad lena is 'only'5

M.P
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Kim please make top 16 :p

Noctis
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:38 AM

Like your Post doesn't higlight your stupidity :wavey:
Go Na.

Caralenko
Nov 7th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Like your Post doesn't higlight your stupidity :wavey:
Go Na.

stu⋅- pid⋅- i -⋅ty
  /stuˈpɪdɪti, styu-/ [stoo-pid-i-tee, styoo-]

–noun, plural -ties for 2.
1. the state, quality, or fact of being stupid.
2. a stupid act, notion, speech, etc.
3. a person lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

By what logic does the post you quoted highlight my alleged state of mind? :help: I love you Boreaz, but let it go.

Singleniacki
Nov 7th, 2009, 08:25 AM
stu⋅- pid⋅- i -⋅ty

By what logic does the post you quoted highlight my alleged state of mind? :help: I love you Boreaz, but let it go.

The only person here who should let it go is you ;)

C. Drone
Nov 7th, 2009, 08:40 AM
still 2 months away, half of them will withdraw. pointless thread.

tennisforadults
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
stu⋅- pid⋅- i -⋅ty

I think YOU should let it go. Everyone is responding because you came into the thread with an unfriendly and unnecessarily aggressive post. Now you just end up trying to defend yourself at every corner. Just chill and post somewhere else.

Pretty interesting analysis by na-goat. I thought the warm-up events will make a bigger difference.

Mashabator
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
This IMO should be in The AO forum....

Mynarco
Nov 7th, 2009, 11:53 AM
thank god JJ is still within top 8

Adrian1092
Nov 7th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Caraleede that Offended thing on encyclopediadramatica is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen :rolls:

Привет
Nov 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Just stop bitching ya'll. :bigclap: The thread is here, and if you don't like it being here, well, it takes up about a cm of your computer screen, so move along.

Scrolling past it would take up a heck of a lot less energy than coming in and posting something, so it really makes no sense to come into a thread to complain that it's in the wrong place or it's not worth being here. If it truly isn't worthy of being a thread and therefore worthy of your attention, don't give it your attention. :shrug:

eck
Nov 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM
OK seriously, it's Clijsters, not Clijster.

colt13
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=8073837&postcount=1

1 S Williams 9075 (top seed unless she ban)
2 Safina 7800 (stuck at #2)
3 Kuznetsova 6141 (stuck at #3)
4 Wozniacki 5878 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)

5-8
Dementieva 5585 (play Hopman so cannot gain points)
V Williams 5126 (cannot gain enough points to rise to top 4)
Azarenka 4820 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)
Jankovic 3965 (cannot gain enough points to rise to top 4)

9-12
Zvonareva 3560 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)
A Radwanska 3450 (cannot gain enough points to become top 8)
Bartoli 3245 (could be as high as #9 if she win Bali MM but cannot top 8)
Pennetta 3150 (cannot gain enough points to become top 8)

13-14
Stosur 3045 (play Hopman so cannot gain points)
Sharapova 2820 (play HK exhibition so cannot gain points)

Fight For 15&16
Li 2541 (cannot gain enough points in Auckland to become top 12)
Wickmayer 2385 (ban)
Schiavone 2375
Clijsters 2340 (will become top 16 seed with good Brisbane)
Razzano 2300
Petrova 2220

Some thoughts: This means Petrova will run into Sharapova a round earlier than expected.

Means Ivanovic plays 9-16 bracket in the 3rd round.

Stosur's seed only matters for the fact that she probably gets all center court/night matches as the top Aussie.

If you are wondering why I can be excited about the offseason, to me it isn't. The ITF tourney shows up to Phoenix this week and I will be going.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
still 2 months away, half of them will withdraw. pointless thread.

yes

half of them will withdraw for a GS :rolleyes: :smash:

NA-GOAT
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
don't forget Henin Looming :spit:

JackFrost
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
What matters, how the player are seeded? If you look at the last grand slams, then you see, that even with a good seeding and draw, you can´t be sure that the topplayer reach the second week.

NA-GOAT
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
What matters, how the player are seeded? If you look at the last grand slams, then you see, that even with a good seeding and draw, you can´t be sure that the topplayer reach the second week.

that is only for USO where all the mug seeds were on top half :p

hopefully won't happen again for AO :scared:

vw.
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
As if she would get to the round of 16 in Australia anyway! :lol: :hearts:

:ras:

She will prove you (and me) wrong!! :hearts:

Singleniacki
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Are you sure marion can't reach top 8?

NA-GOAT
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Are you sure marion can't reach top 8?

if she wins Bali she will be #9
but she is too far away from Jankovic ... even if she wins Auckland or Brisbane she will not catch her

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:55 AM
if she wins Bali she will be #9
but she is too far away from Jankovic ... even if she wins Auckland or Brisbane she will not catch her

JJ :rocker2:

ivanban
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
:spit: @ Razzano having a chance to be #16 seed at a Slam

NA-GOAT
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM
:spit: @ Razzano having a chance to be #16 seed at a Slam

Razzano was 16 seed at USO 2009 :tape:
she was in Safina's part of draw :tape:

Sombrerero loco
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
clijsters will be top 16 in aus open, just see..

Edinboro
Nov 8th, 2009, 06:05 PM

Saw this post and I agree 100 percent. If you don't like his threads, then don't post in them. Simple as that.