PDA

View Full Version : Wickmayer suspended for 1 year

Pages : [1] 2 3

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Just appeared on http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/tennis/091105_schorsing_Malisse

Been suspended by the Flemish Doping Tribunal in Ghent. They can launch an appeal at the TAS ! Malisse got the same suspension by having failed to fill their Whereabouts. Yanina failed 3 times.

Lenny_DH
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:26 PM
It also says she must quit the tournament in Bali...

St.Sebastian
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
will she be suspended by WTA?

Ferg
wtf :confused: Ive heard of her being involved in it before but never relaised something like this would happen, didnt think it was that serious.

Davodus
how ridiculous :o

Petkorazzi
More details please! :scared:

frenchie
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I don't like her but that's sad for her

Kimiko in the SF!!!!!

matthias
wow - if true then :help: for Yanina

but rules are rules, and if she missed 3 test then it her own fault

!Gio!
Wow!!! thats crazy.

Martian Jeza
More details please! :scared:

We don't have the details yet but the news appeared on Sporza !

St.Sebastian
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Just hand the Bali title to cake :o

youizahoe
The WTA, ITF, ATP still can overturn this rule and let them play, the belgian doping agency can only force them not to play in Belgian tournaments.

anon57
:eek:I thought they were no longer seeking bans in the cases. Harsh sentences for Yanina and Malisse.

TheBoiledEgg
WTF :bolt:

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
these young girls and the poor advice they receive. :(

matthias
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
The WTA, ITF, ATP still can overturn this rule and let them play.

but then WADA would be mean, and IOC want Doping-bans if a sport wants to stay olympic

jimbo mack
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
:eek: no way

The Crow
I have no problem with this, IF the system for filling in the whereabouts works well and IF other countries punish their sportsmen as well for this.

Otherwise it's just not fair.

Rocketta
btw, why are they having a hard time making themselves available for drug tests? Is it some type of protest? :confused:

John.
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
:speakles:

anon57
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
wow - if true then :help: for Yanina

but rules are rules, and if she missed 3 test then it her own faultShe didn't miss any tests, she failed to properly fill in her whereabout due to the electronic system not working properly. It's still her own responsibility to make sure her whereabouts are filled in correctly.

jimbo mack
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
so does this indicate she was doping if she refused 3 tests?? :confused:

frenchie
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Justine Henin is behind that story

She wants to be belgian number 1 next year:tape::tape:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:35 PM
but then WADA would be mean, and IOC want Doping-bans if a sport wants to stay olympic

This situation is the issue because the belgian doping agency doesn't work in a correct way.

1. password system wasn't working (it happened to both of them and was shown in the IT report).
2. the mail goes to their home address while they are 8 months a year away.
3. the whereabouts rule is conflicting with the belgian privacy laws.
4. they have their numbers and they should have called if something was wrong.
5. BDT-VDT has lost a few cases in a row because they falsely accused other athletes of testing positive.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:35 PM
she is a WTA rising star :O

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:36 PM
They will both launch an appeal. We'll see what the TAS in Lausanne will think about it.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
info@dopingtribunaal.be => have some fun there :lol:

In The Zone
This won't have WTA consequences. Just the Flemish Fed trying to flex some muscle. Jeez. They should save their energy for more important things. Yanina has been getting tested by the WTA and ITF.

The Crow
btw, why are they having a hard time making themselves available for drug tests? Is it some type of protest? :confused:

Yanina failed to fill in her whereabouts three times. She says that her password didn't work and that she was abroad when letters arrived at her house telling her to fill in the forms at the internet.

Xavier says he couldn't access the internet at some smaller tournaments.

Having spend an hour to print something at work the other day, I (and everyone who has ever worked with SAP) can understand their point very much :tape:

jimbo mack
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:38 PM
she's still in order of play on fri according to wtatour.com? :o

Craig.
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:38 PM
OFFICIALLY the WTFest moment of the noughties :spit:

markdelaney
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:39 PM
maybe she was pregnant ?

jimbo mack
maybe she had a cough?

Ciarán
:eek:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yanina failed to fill in her whereabouts three times. She says that her password didn't work and that she was abroad when letters arrived at her house telling her to fill in the forms at the internet.

Xavier says he couldn't access the internet at some smaller tournaments.

Having spend an hour to print something at work the other day, I (and everyone who has ever worked with SAP) can understand their point very much :tape:

The password issue was proven right, since the password thing didn't even work at the court. VDT got a sanction for that themselves.

The letters were also true, I don't understand why the Belgians are so retarded, nothing works properly in this shit country.

They should use EMAIL, and not letter, geez even the courts can't use a fax properly :rolleyes:

Acinolbaj
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yanina? :eek:

In The Zone
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
People, relax! Yanina has been getting tested by the WTA and ITF. She just didn't do it with Belgium.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
this is ridiculous... no words for it...

Yanina even called ITF when her password didn't work, and someone from the ITF went through the program with her and also saw the thing didn't work... how stupid that is then...

and the solicitor only asked for a symbolic sentence, and then they give her ONE YEAR???

they just said on the news that Yanina would be forced to get out of the Bali tournament... I just cannot believe this. So typical that this is happening in Belgium!

Ferg
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
So is she gonna be banned or not? :confused:

anon57
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
She is allowed to play, the VDT has no international power what so ever. Also they can't force her to quit because she didn't test positive.How come Belgian teletekst is saying that the ban means that Yanina won't be allowed to compete in Bali anymore:confused:

Martian Jeza
She is allowed to play, the VDT has no international power what so ever. Also they can't force her to quit because she didn't test positive.

She must leave Bali ! Don't think you red the whole stuff.

jimbo mack
i'm confused

is she suspended from wta for a year or not?

Vincey!
lol as long as she did the ITF doping test and passed them, I couldn't care less about the freaky belgians :p... (no offence lol but that is ridiculous that they are trying to force her to withdraw from Bali?? WTF! only for some missing informations when she had done the proper doping test with the WTA and ITF, who they think they are! lol why would their test be important enough to overpower two other federations lol)

Lucemferre
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Belgium :o

Sarah<Kim-fan>
she's still in order of play on fri according to wtatour.com? :o
the decision was made less than one hour ago...

She is allowed to play, the VDT has no international power what so ever. Also they can't force her to quit because she didn't test positive.
all media here in Belgium are saying she will be forced to quit the tournament...
and she didn't test positive, but not filling in your whereabouts 3 times is seen as a positive control...

i'm confused

yes, both her and Xavier Malisse may not compete as a professional sportman/woman for a year under whatever circumstances they said...

youizahoe
They can ban her for sure in national tournaments, but the decision lies with the international tennis federations, whether they will suspend her or not. I don't the WTA will do that, since if Yanina wins the appeal she can further sue both and they will have to pay for everything.

Horizon
:confused:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:45 PM
The password issue was proven right, since the password thing didn't even work at the court. VDT got a sanction for that themselves.

The letters were also true, I don't understand why the Belgians are so retarded, nothing works properly in this shit country.

They should use EMAIL, and not letter, geez even the courts can't use a fax properly :rolleyes:

No wonder good administrative assistants earn a lot of $ xD

Kworb
If she is removed from Bali, it means automatic 6-0 6-0 for Anabel who then goes to SF instead of Kimiko?

youizahoe
How come Belgian teletekst is saying that the ban means that Yanina won't be allowed to compete in Bali anymore:confused:

She must leave Bali ! Don't think you red the whole stuff.

the decision was made less than one hour ago...

all media here in Belgium are saying she will be forced to quit the tournament...
and she didn't test positive, but not filling in your whereabouts 3 times is seen as a positive control...

Belgian media says so much. The VDT has no international jurisdiction, they can force her out of it, but if WTA says she complied with all physical tests, they can object and let her play.

Martian Jeza
i'm confused

If she must leave Bali, I think she's banned also from the WTA. I think, I'm not a lawyer, only the TAS has the power to cancel the judgement of the Flemish Doping Tribunal.

Sexysova
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:46 PM
:help:

jimbo mack
so she did do the tests but just didn't fill in where she was?

Julian.
If she is removed from Bali, it means automatic 6-0 6-0 for Anabel who then goes to SF instead of Kimiko?

No, they have Vera Dushevina as an alternate.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:47 PM
No wonder good administrative assistants earn a lot of $ xD

Yeah, they send any paper via a courier to the 2 parties, no wonder the costs are high for even the most retarded cases.

jimbo mack

duchevina is the alternate?

Rhémila
WTF??? This isn't serious :fiery: She explained the whole situation and two weeks ago they used to say they wouldn't suspend her :tape:

Belgium :o:help:

Bart
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Only in Belgium :lol:

miffedmax
She should defect to Kazakhstan.

Wikipedia used to claim the banged one was part Kazakh, but they took that part out.

For some reason, the idea of Lena being part Kazakh only made her hotter. I don't know why.

Optima
What. The. Fuck.

:bigcry:

Yanina :hug:

For the love of god, I hope she tries to appeal.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Belgian media says so much. The VDT has no international jurisdiction, they can force her out of it, but if WTA says she complied with all physical tests, they can object and let her play.
I heard the sentence and it said that she can't compete in any sporting events full stop.

and then the news reader added that even if she goes to the TAS, that changes nothing to the current situation and the ban goes in as from today.

The Crow
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:50 PM

I think you're right. The same happened with the cycler Valverde who was banned by the Italians, couldn't ride in Italy, but was allowed to ride in all other countries.

Noctis
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:50 PM
All I care is Shes going to Withdraw from Bali or not.

jimbo mack
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:52 PM
whats the time in bali right now?

hope duchevina isn't out partying :o

Julian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Bali is 2:52AM now. Same as Perth here.

Paris75
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM
This is ridiculous :help:
Can't they just let her playing the tournament and they'll deal with this afterwards?!
Still, I'm pretty shoked by this news :eek:

ElusiveChanteuse
What a fucked up country Belgium is.:o

Oh wait, it's better than here anyway I guess.:o :p

Poor Yanina.:( Hope everything goes well for her.:unsure:

Freakan
Just play for Kazakhstan Yanina :o

DragonFlame
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM
but rules are rules, and if she missed 3 test then it her own fault

But that's the thing, she DID NOT miss any tests and never got caught.

What she did do is: She didn't fill in her whereabouts,or filled them in wrongly 3 times in a space of 18 months...

I find it a wierd sentence :o, but then again, the whole flemish doping tribunal has always been a bunch of idiots. They couldn't even wait with this sentence until the off-season... They couldnt even let wickmayer finish bali. What kind of fucking retards are they.

jimbo mack
wta need to release a statement soon

sammy01
hmmmmmmmmmmm at the end of the day the rules are strict and its the players jobs to keep to them.

Miss Amor
:spit:

Mercury Rising
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Further proove what a monkey country this is. I'm really furious right now. She should sue them for whatever they got, the bitches :mad::mad::mad::fiery::fiery::fiery:

Rik.
Belgium :smash: :o

Hope she will continue playing :scared:

Patrick345
It could be, but the WTA/ITF and the international doping agency has the last say. I mean, they can give Yanina a sentence, but this rule about whereabouts is not in comply with the other doping agencies around the world, therefor making it a solely region-powered rule.

Of course it is. I posted a link to the WADA rules in the other thread, when the topic first came up. It´s the same for all countries. How corrupt some of these national doping agencies are is a different matter.

Noctis
I means Whereabout is important.If she didn't fill it in properly she should be punished.
I mean SF in USO this just make
People suspect more.

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:57 PM
All of this is quite ridiculous, and Yanina is probably awake, trying to change everything that is going on. Even if she plays Bali, she probably won't be top shape tomorrow to play Anabel, and she honestly had a great shot at winning that whole title.

Mercury Rising
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
But that's the thing, she DID NOT miss any tests and never got caught.

What she did do is: She didn't fill in her whereabouts,or filled them in wrongly 3 times in a space of 18 months...

I find it a wierd sentence :o, but then again, the whole flemish doping tribunal has always been a bunch of idiots. They couldn't even wait with this sentence until the off-season... They couldnt even let wickmayer finish bali. What kind of fucking retards are they.They are complete morons, really. Yeah it sais enough about how power hungry they are, they probably never achieved shit in their life and are now jealous as hell...

Geoffry
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Oh boy, Belgium does it again. I hope Yanina still can play Bali.

Adrian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I hope she won't get banned:unsure:
Belgium is a nation full of fools: Henin, Clisters, the Flemish Doping Tribunal,...:o:weirdo::weirdo:
:angel:

Adrian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I means Whereabout is important.If she didn't fill it in properly she should be punished.
I mean SF in USO this just make
People suspect more.

learn english please:help:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Of course it is. I posted a link to the WADA rules in the other thread, when the topic first came up. It´s the same for all countries. How corrupt some of these national doping agencies are is a different matter.

Still, the international federation has more to say than the VDT, they can overrule the decission. I also state, once more, the whereabouts rule conflicts with the belgian privacy laws, and is in the first place not even legal.

However it would take a lot of money and time to have a case around that fact and get the whereabouts procedure overturned.

^bibi^
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Belgium :rocker2:

Seriously... They prooved her password wasn't working and yet s-they still suspend her :tape:

Hope she can play tomorrow in Bali :scared:

Jacob#1
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Wickmayer escapes doping ban (http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/tennis/article163510.ece)

Jacob#1
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:08 PM
ha-ha

^bibi^
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Wickmayer escapes doping ban (http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/tennis/article163510.ece)

That article is two weeks old :tape:

Joe.
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM
what a stupid girl :rolleyes:

EDIT: i only saw the first page of the thread :p

surely they cant suspend her if her password wasnt working? :confused:

iGOAT
WHAT?! That would be FUCKING ABSURD!!!

I'm not convinced though, haven't seen this anywhere else.

Julian.
What the hell? Which one is correct?

Holden
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hi,

I just send a protest mail to info@dopingtribunaal.be (info@dopingtribunaal.be)

We probably can't undo the decision but we can make clear how foolish they are.

If you also send such a mail, please keep it clean & polite so it'll be taken seriously.

Thanks

Patrick345
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Still, the international federation has more to say than the VDT, they can overrule the decission. I also state, once more, the whereabouts rule conflicts with the belgian privacy laws, and is in the first place not even legal.

Maybe based on mistakes in the procedure, but not based on having different rules in other countries.

^bibi^
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:11 PM
WHAT?! That would be FUCKING ABSURD!!!

I'm not convinced though, haven't seen this anywhere else.

It's on ALL the belgian news sites right now, not only on that one...

iGOAT
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:11 PM
OMG then.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM

And everyone is outraged. This is gonna get nasty for the VDT if they get proven wrong :lol:

jimbo mack
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM
wta is never far from drama :hearts:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
for those of you who understand dutch...

http://www.sporza.be/permalink//1.629637

Noctis
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
learn english please:help:

Adriana go dig a hole and die.
I am using my iPhone so it's auto caps

Update: Shes able to play Bali

Rhémila
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM
From what I just read, she will appeal, but she's suspended from Bali :sad:

This is ridiculous, Belgium is ridiculous :help:

DragonFlame
I'm still mad reading all this... I just can't believe this idiotic decision. I really hope it gets overturned by the itf and she can at least finish this season to clear everything up after bali.
I honestly believe this girl did not use doping of any kind and this is just a big failure on the fda's side.

goldenlox
Hi,

I just send a protest mail to info@dopingtribunaal.be (info@dopingtribunaal.be)

We probably can't undo the decision but we can make clear how foolish they are.

If you also send such a mail, please keep it clean & polite so it'll be taken seriously.

ThanksWhat about ITF and WTA?

Rik.
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM
for those of you who understand dutch...

http://www.sporza.be/permalink//1.629637

him saying 1 year is reasonable :help:

moby
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Sheesh, just let the girl finishing playing this tournament first. All the talk about suspensions can come after Bali.
1 year is definitely an excessive ban, given the nature of her "transgression".
Her whereabouts at an arbitrary hour every day, and she missed filing her information for 3 days out of 365 days?
- Surely this rule, which doesn't strike me in being useful in preventing doping in the first place, is being upheld too strictly.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:22 PM
1 year is the minium ban, so in their case they are correct, but this situation is their fault in the first place, had their shit website worked like it should have, had they sent the letters via email or given to the wta to hand them to yanina.

gentenaire
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:25 PM
This is just so absurd! And so unfair! There's no way other country's doping tribunals are as strict and inreasonable as this.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM
This is just so absurd! And so unfair! There's no way other country's doping tribunals are as strict and inreasonable as this.

Not to mention, there is no country that has a more outdated jurdic system, or more bribed judges or retarded politicians than Belgium.

DragonFlame
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Sheesh, just let the girl finishing playing this tournament first. All the talk about suspensions can come after Bali.
1 year is definitely an excessive ban, given the nature of her "transgression".
Her whereabouts at an arbitrary hour every day, and she missed filing her information for 3 days out of 365 days?
- Surely this rule, which doesn't strike me in being useful in preventing doping in the first place, is being upheld too strictly.

3 times in 18 months :weirdo: Flemish idiots.

*Jool*
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
:tape: at all this

twight6
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot.. But can someone explain to me what the "whereabouts" rule is and what it has to do with doping?

Is there any evidence that Wickmayer was actually doping?

van£ss
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:35 PM
i can't stop :rolleyes: this is just absurd , really :help:

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Not to mention, there is no country that has a more outdated jurdic system, or more bribed judges or retarded politicians than Belgium.

Where are you from? You have a shit load to say about this...Pam Shriver?...you starting to tick me off answering every post...go siddown somewhere and give it a break...you are too emotionally invested..sheesh...

Meelis
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe I'm an idiot.. But can someone explain to me what the "whereabouts" rule is and what it has to do with doping?

"whereabouts" rule requires a pool of elite athletes in each sport to say where they will be for an hour a day, 365 days a year. If they miss three tests in an 18-month period, they will be banned for at least a year. Wickmayer supposedly did not miss any actual tests, but failed to submit her whereabouts into system.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Where are you from? You have a shit load to say about this...Pam Shriver?...you starting to tick me off answering every post...go siddown somewhere and give it a break...you are too emotionally invested..sheesh...

I'm from Belgium, so I know what I'm talking about. I also don't need you to tell me what to do, if you don't wanna read my posts, then put me on ignore, than I don't need your drama responses either. Amen.

Ofcourse I'm emotionally invested, this is my country, and I'm ashamed for the stunt they pulled this time. They let bonen go 3 times with taking coke in the off season, and they force yanina in suspension at her rise and probably will ruin her career over a retarded rule?

Lighter
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
If I understand well, she will appeal. But it doesn't stop the process. So, she must leave the tournament.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20091105_195518_wickmayer-suspendue-un-an.html

twight6
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
"whereabouts" rule requires a pool of elite athletes in each sport to say where they will be for an hour a day, 365 days a year. If they miss three tests in an 18-month period, they will be banned for at least a year. Wickmayer supposedly did not miss any actual tests, but failed to submit her whereabouts into system.

So every single day of their lives they have to say where they will be for a given hour each day?

DragonFlame
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM

The whereabouts rule is an extra rule set by some national doping tribunals. Belgium doping tribunals use this system even though it is in conflict with national private laws.

It's an electronic system where you have to give up your whereabouts for 1 hour every day so you can be checked for doping. Yanina failed to enter her whereabouts 3 days in a period of 18 months.

Is there any evidence that Wickmayer was actually doping?

No, she never failed a test. She never even missed a test, just didn't fill in the whereabouts for 3 days out of 534. (by what the public knows)
Besides this, the ITF and WTA have their own doping tests, which she never failed for what we know...

That is why this is so screwed up.

Meelis
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM
So every single day of their lives they have to say where they will be for a given hour each day?

Yes, until they retire.

timafi
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:44 PM
:eek:

twight6
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM

The whereabouts rule is an extra rule set by some national doping tribunals. Belgium doping tribunals use this system even though it is in conflict with national private laws.

It's an electronic system where you have to give up your whereabouts for 1 hour every day so you can be checked for doping. Yanina failed to enter her whereabouts 3 days in a period of 18 months.

No, she never failed a test. She never even missed a test, just didn't fill in the whereabouts for 3 days out of 534. (by what the public knows)

That is why this is so screwed up.

Ahh okay :yeah: I get it now, thank you guys very much.

And now that I'm informed I can rightfully say: ridiculous :rolleyes: :mad:

mauresmofan
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:49 PM
The WTA, ITF, ATP still can overturn this rule and let them play, the belgian doping agency can only force them not to play in Belgian tournaments.

I doubt playing this tournament is even remotely a priority for her now - I'm sure she'll withdraw and concentrate on her case and getting everything in order to appeal the ban. How could she concentrate on playing tennis with this hanging over her head? If she broke the rules she must pay the consequences it can't be 1 rule for everybody and a different rule for her when it comes to doping.

Emiel Goelen
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Belgian newspaper De Morgen has a statement from Yanina's spokesperson.

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1005/Meer-Sport/article/detail/1025851/2009/11/05/Dopingschorsing-van-een-jaar-voor-Wickmayer-en-Malisse.dhtml

Wickmayer nog niet op de hoogte
"Yanina is nog niet op de hoogte van het vonnis (het is nacht in Bali), maar ze zal morgen sowieso niet spelen", aldus een aangeslagen woordvoerder Rudi Kuyl die zich samen met meester Johnny Maeschalck beraadt over verdere stappen. "Meer wil ik hier op dit moment niet over kwijt."

TRANSLATION: "Yanina is not aware of the sentence (it's night in Bali) but she will not play tomorrow," says a devastated spokesperson Rudi Kuyl, who is sitting together with lawyer Johnny Maeschalk to see what further steps they will take. "That is all I want to say about this now."

:sad:

Tennis Ball
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM

O okay, pfeww!

Earlier the WTA had announced they would start a campaign in which they would clear Yanina's name because they believed her name got associated with doping unrightfully. They would do that after today's announcement of the Belgian Tribunal, who btw has the same opinion as the WTA about the unrightfull association of her name with doping.
I wonder what the WTA will do now. Nobody expected this outcome, Yanina too didn't worry because she hasn't done anything wrong, it was because of log-in problems that her whereabouts weren't on time. Secondly it has something to do with the lower demands for whereabouts for lower ranked players, when she was around #78 on the rankings, her father told a couple of months ago, only since recently she has to give full report of her whereabouts, so before that she didn't even have to.

The tribunal has given her the minimum penalty for violating the wherabout rules, which is 1 year.

Yanina has not missed a single doping test, and has been tested negatively always.

Freakan
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
If she really can't play tomorrow, she has to sue them and she should get more than Serena's career prize money :o

Kipling
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
If it was serena they'd let her apologize and then give her a book deal.

Tennis Ball
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM
^^^ OMG, Yanina doesn't know yet as she is asleep :hug: How bizar we do know it before her :sad: :sad: :sad: :hug:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:00 PM
O okay, pfeww!

Earlier the WTA had announced they would start a campaign in which they would clear Yanina's name because they believed her name got associated with doping unrightfully. They would do that after today's announcement of the Belgian Tribunal, who btw has the same opinion as the WTA about the unrightfull association of her name with doping.
I wonder what the WTA will do now. Nobody expected this outcome, Yanina too didn't worry because she hasn't done anything wrong, it was because of log-in problems that her whereabouts weren't on time. Secondly it has something to do with the lower demands for whereabouts for lower ranked players, when she was around #78 on the rankings, her father told a couple of months ago, only since recently she has to give full report of her whereabouts, so before that she didn't even have to.

The tribunal has given her the minimum penalty for violating the wherabout rules, which is 1 year.

Yanina has not missed a single doping test, and has been tested negatively always.

That's old news, This doesn't reflect the outcome for today :( However the WADA and VDT are valid by the rules that Yanina broke, TAS will decide what happens, and I think they will favor her, if they did it with Boonen, they should return the favor for Yanina.

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:02 PM
It's nearly or not the same as the Rasmussen case in the Tour de France a few years ago : he also got suspended.

leviathane
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
i hope she could beat AMG tomorrow.
AMG doesn't deserve the 135 points.

phelbyn
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:05 PM
That's just crazy! And in this day and age! Too bad... a loss for the next year... wonder what happens to her results...?

youizahoe
It's nearly or not the same as the Rasmussen case in the Tour de France a few years ago : he also got suspended.

Well TAS could annule this decission in less than 1 month, just like they did with de boonen case, and he actually took something, it wouldn't be fair, if they don't favor Yanina, at least she didn't do anything wrong :( :( :(

Adrian.
Poor Yanina:awww:
The idiots should have done this after or at least before Bali started, not during the tournament:weirdo::o
I WILL NEVER GO TO BELGIUM NOW:ras::lol:

anon57
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:06 PM
It's nearly or not the same as the Rasmussen case in the Tour de France a few years ago : he also got suspended.It's not quite the same Rasmussen deliberately lied about where he was going to be. For now it seems that Yanina had problems with logging in so she couldn't fill in the whereabout forms. But yes both of them had three separate occasions where their whereabouts were incorrect.

Protoss
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:12 PM
This is just so freaking stupid and disgusting. :rolleyes:

Allez-H
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:13 PM
This has to be the most retarted suspension ever :rolleyes: Boonen can fail coke-tests over and over again and not get suspended and Wicky gets suspended a year because a generic computer-problem :rolleyes:

Wicky doesn't deserve this.

Elisse
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Wow :eek:

But rules are rules..and she knows what's expected of her and if she fails to let them know of her whereabouts (3 times not just once) then that's her own fault :o

These girls are all professionals...all been in this business for years and they know exactly what is expected of them.

One thing that gets me though....she gets a year suspension for this, yet there was a blatant match rigging incident in Luxembourg (conversation which was broadcast on TV) and nothing was done about it....that was a disgrace. I hate that there is such a double standard depending on the player, ranking and their country :help:

Dorien.
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Well i can understand rules are rules. But can someone explain me then, why a Belgian cyclist, who has tested positive, isn't suspended yesterday? This is Belgium :worship:

She has never missed a test or tested positive. Same for Xavier Malisse anyway. I can understand they want to do something but suspended for one year is just crazy. One month ago they told her she wouldn't be suspended for this... And WTA told her they would clean her name...

Tennis Ball
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm from Belgium, so I know what I'm talking about. I also don't need you to tell me what to do, if you don't wanna read my posts, then put me on ignore, than I don't need your drama responses either. Amen.

Ofcourse I'm emotionally invested, this is my country, and I'm ashamed for the stunt they pulled this time. They let bonen go 3 times with taking coke in the off season, and they force yanina in suspension at her rise and probably will ruin her career over a retarded rule?

Then there is nothing to be ashamed about, they applied the international rules, although they should have been more understanding. An example of shamefull would be the Dutch corrupt authorities, who warn their athletes beforehand when the unannounced visit will be even to the point of actually making an appointment with the athletes for the unannounced doping test, thereby disrespecting international doping tribunals and conventions big time. :help: :o

MBM
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
oh dear sweet jesus. although i cant work out whether i am thinking it is a stupid ruling or that yanina was kinda dumb to have not appeared/reported her whereabouts 3 times...

Diesel
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM

:rolleyes:

Say what you will about Serena's attitude, but she's never had these issues. So there is no, 'if this was Serena'.

Tennis Ball
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM
That's old news, This doesn't reflect the outcome for today :( However the WADA and VDT are valid by the rules that Yanina broke, TAS will decide what happens, and I think they will favor her, if they did it with Boonen, they should return the favor for Yanina.

Yes I know it's old news, but someone asked for details. Hi :wavey: Aneres, don't be so bitter in your other posts. :hug:

manu
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:25 PM
This is the most retarded, absurd and illogical decision I have ever heard any court make in my entire life.

Yanina doesn't fill in 3 whereabouts, due to administration problems, due to her mail arriving at her home in Belgium while she is traveling abroad the whole year. Even then she showed her good will by making phone calls to the ITF because her password was not working. Still the Belgian doping tribunal fails to look at the bigger picture, fails to look at their own complete administrative failure and farce, and put all the blame in Yanina's shoes!

If people are going to ask a young low ranked tennis player to be perfect, the same people have to be perfect themselves. I say suspend the entire crew of the Belgian Doping Trubinal for 1 year too! Everyone's equal: if the tennis player has to be perfect, the administration has to be even more perfect! God I can't believe this... Poor Yanina...

thrust
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:26 PM
This won't have WTA consequences. Just the Flemish Fed trying to flex some muscle. Jeez. They should save their energy for more important things. Yanina has been getting tested by the WTA and ITF.

If what you say is true, then the Flemish Fed is indeed being ridiculous!

Dorien.
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
It's true. She is tested by the WTA and ITF in the same period ;)

The Crow
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Well i can understand rules are rules. But can someone explain me then, why a Belgian cyclist, who has tested positive, isn't suspended yesterday? This is Belgium :worship:

Indeed :tape:

manu
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Then there is nothing to be ashamed about, they applied the international rules, although they should have been more understanding.
Oh come on! With all respect, but what you are saying now is total bullsh*t.

So there's nothing to be ashamed about because they followed a RULE??? A stupid little sentence that says that if you don't follow it, then you should just BLINDLY punish someone, without even trying to get any insight into the situation??

So rules prevail over stories? Over humanity? Over just LOOKING at the clearly GOOD intentions of this young, relatively inexperienced athlete???

In my book humanity and justice ALWAYS prevail over some stupid written sentence that somehow qualifies as some "holy rule".

This makes me SO angry (not your comment but this rediculous decision).

Duramont
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Belgian administrations :help:

Lucemferre
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Idiot. IF this was Serena you can bet they would ruin her career and image to pieces.They are waiting for a slight mistake to crucify her.Did you miss how the media Mary Manrillo and her kind reacted to us open incident? They demand a suspension for that. So imagine what would happen if it was something related to doping control. These situations could not be more different stop being an attention whore.

What heppened to Mimi?Didn't she get lucky? :tape:

^bibi^
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:32 PM
:lol: at all the people mocking belgian adminitration... At least you don't pay taxes to pay for their salaries :sobbing:

Uranium
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I hate the fact they made this decision during a tournament. I'd prefer if they took her out in the beginning of the week, so Vera could play and actually make SFs or let her finish the event and then punish her. Now they screw over both Vera and Yanina:o

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Yanina doesn't fill in 3 whereabouts, due to administration problems, due to her mail arriving at her home in Belgium while she is traveling abroad the whole year.

No anti-doping service should buy such a cheap excuse. Wickmayer is not a 3 years old, she knew perfectly what could have happened. She didn't care? Well, she got what she deserved then.

BlameSerena
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Just write a letter :shrug:

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Indeed :tape:

Did fuck all at the Tour de France but that's another debate.

Weird schedule to give such verdict anyway. It sounds very harsh, I admit.

Pieter_D_T
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM
This is the most retarded, absurd and illogical decision I have ever heard any court make in my entire life.

Yanina doesn't fill in 3 whereabouts, due to administration problems, due to her mail arriving at her home in Belgium while she is traveling abroad the whole year. Even then she showed her good will by making phone calls to the ITF because her password was not working. Still the Belgian doping tribunal fails to look at the bigger picture, fails to look at their own complete administrative failure and farce, and put all the blame in Yanina's shoes!

If people are going to ask a young low ranked tennis player to be perfect, the same people have to be perfect themselves. I say suspend the entire crew of the Belgian Doping Trubinal for 1 year too! Everyone's equal: if the tennis player has to be perfect, the administration has to be even more perfect! God I can't believe this... Poor Yanina...

:worship:
So true! You could not reflect my feelings about all of this better.
It's a big big big disgrace.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
thats what happens when the IOC President is from your country.

can they make sure next one is from Antartica or Greenland ??

Lighter
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM
The question is why the system for filling in the whereabouts doesn't work for Yanina or Xavier Malisse and works well for Kirsten Flipkens or Tamaryn Hender.

^bibi^
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
The question is why the system for filling in the whereabouts doesn't work for Yanina or Xavier Malisse and works well for Kirsten Flipkens or Tamaryn Hender.

Maybe because as they're no top players they don't need to fill it in ?

The Crow
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Did fuck all at the Tour de France but that's another debate.

I thought we were talking about Keisse :confused:

GeeTee
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Like EVERY other international athlete in EVERY other Olympic sport.

The Crow
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM

That's actually a good point. I'd like to know if other tennis players have warnings, missed dope tests because they were not at the right place, have problems with filling in their whereabouts, ... Anyone knows?

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:56 PM
:o Belgian doping agency. :help:

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I thought we were talking about Keisse :confused:

Him ? Oh, had it out of my mind : completly forgot it :lol: Thought it was about Boonen.

anon57
That's actually a good point. I'd like to know if other tennis players have warnings, missed dope tests because they were not at the right place, have problems with filling in their whereabouts, ... Anyone knows?I don't know if there's been other tennis players who had problems but I seem to remember the lawyer representing Yanina and Xavier saying that he knew of other Belgian athletes, mostly cyclists who had been having similar problems logging in to fill in their whereabout forms via the VDT system.

jjcrew#1
O My Goodness Is This For Real!!

Vanity Bonfire
Sad. Very sad.

ce
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:00 PM
poor Wiki

VIKA?
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
wow.

Lighter
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Maybe because as they're no top players they don't need to fill it in ?At the beginning of the year Yanina and Kirsten had the same ranking. Because this story has started before the big jump in the ranking. So it is not the question to be or not to be top players. And both have played fed cup.

mr_burns
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:02 PM
her own fault, but I doubt she will ever get back to where she is now

her own fault, but I feel pitty...

danieln1
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
She´s so thin, no way she´s taking doping! This stupid belgian court is doing the wrong thing, they should suspend Henin, not Yanina... henin retired so she wouldn´t get caught on steroids, it´s not confirmed, but definetly a possibility

On the bright side, Kimiko in the semis!

Andiyan
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I hope this 'suspension' will be cancelled by WTA/ITF :sad:

Yonexforever
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:15 PM
The Yahoo article states the suspension is immediate!!!!!
I think this off season testing thingy is really an invasion of privacy.
I understand it in theory, but what if you want to go away to some small island for some well earned R&R where there is no communication?
Some people like to unplug when they vacation!

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I hope this 'suspension' will be cancelled by WTA/ITF :sad:

I don't think there's a chance they'll cancel it ! Only TAS !

*JR*
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:21 PM
She should defect to Kazakhstan.
Until some pathological liar currently playing under that flag moves to SUI and becomes a client of this Criminal Coach :devil: married to another player who's either done or likely will be next year, I wouldn't want Yani having anything to do with KAZ.

cn ireland
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
OMG:eek:!!

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
At the beginning of the year Yanina and Kirsten had the same ranking. Because this story has started before the big jump in the ranking. So it is not the question to be or not to be top players. And both have played fed cup.
it wasn't that Yanina didn't want to fill in those things or forgot to... It was her password that wasn't working...why hers wasn't working and Kirsten's was... computer problems, new system not yet working perfectly... ?

your question is completely senseless imo, and what do you mean by, they both have played fed cup? that has nothing to do with this...

PLP
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I think this is a terrible decision that doesn't fit the so-called crime. Poor Yanina!!! :sad:

DiscoStick
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:32 PM
:speakles:

Optima
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I'm devestated, I love Yanina :sad:

Ballbasher
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM
:spit:

ZODIAC
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM
she is a rising star that could knock off Justine and Kim off their pedestral ,thats really mean of the Belgian doping agency...

Tennis Ball
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Oh come on! With all respect, but what you are saying now is total bullsh*t.

So there's nothing to be ashamed about because they followed a RULE??? A stupid little sentence that says that if you don't follow it, then you should just BLINDLY punish someone, without even trying to get any insight into the situation??

So rules prevail over stories? Over humanity? Over just LOOKING at the clearly GOOD intentions of this young, relatively inexperienced athlete???

In my book humanity and justice ALWAYS prevail over some stupid written sentence that somehow qualifies as some "holy rule".

This makes me SO angry (not your comment but this rediculous decision).

Of course rules shouldn't prevail over stories or people. At first I was in shock (mostly because I thought her career would be ruined), but when you think about it, it's a good thing they reinforced that rules aren't there for nothing, knowing there is no doping issue and she won't be suspended by the WTA/ITF. There is nothing to be ashamed about, that's what I was saying. It's ridiculous to take this out on Belgium. Also, better this than the opposite in the other country I told before.
Yanina is victum of this doping area in which authorities are exaggerating. Like it was ridiculous Tom B wasn't alowed at first to attend the french tour because of using coke at a party during off season, which isn't even sportsachievement-enhancing.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Not the first time a tennis player from Belgium has taken drugs...

W!MBLEDON
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:42 PM
^ :haha: shut up

oh my god... yanina :sobbing:

young_gunner913
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:42 PM
:spit: bye bye yanina :wavey:
have fun with your extra long vacay. :wavey:

Rik.
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
:spit: bye bye yanina :wavey:
have fun with your extra long vacay. :wavey:

:ignore:

W!MBLEDON
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
all of the people posting anti-yanina comments ITT are williams sisters fans :spit: :haha: that is just too much!!!! LMAO

hablo
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
No anti-doping service should buy such a cheap excuse. Wickmayer is not a 3 years old, she knew perfectly what could have happened. She didn't care? Well, she got what she deserved then.

I agree.

Plus if they let this go, then other athletes can claim that their password wasn't working... bla... bla... bla...

Buitenzorg
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Yanina :eek: :sad:

Just Do It
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:53 PM
:eek: Now I know why was she playing that good lately :rolleyes:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I agree.

Plus if they let this go, then other athletes can claim that their password wasn't working... bla... bla... bla...
so what you're saying is that yanina should be punished for the system not working correctly?

Just Do It
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I bet she will pull a Sesil now :sobbing:

young_gunner913
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
all of the people posting anti-yanina comments ITT are williams sisters fans :spit: :haha: that is just too much!!!! LMAO

and whenever a ban serena thread comes up whose the first to go in there? so shut your hypocritical ass up.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM

She has never missed a test or tested positive. Same for Xavier Malisse anyway. I can understand they want to do something but suspended for one year is just crazy. One month ago they told her she wouldn't be suspended for this... And WTA told her they would clean her name...

You meant this is a little part of Belgium. In politics this would be called a normal issue :sobbing:

ZODIAC
Gasquet got 2 months for really doping and this girl gets 12months for not disclosing her whereabouts that crazy.

TheAllan
I agree.

What if it's independently verified that they actually did send her the wrong password to enter her whereabouts? F-ups do happen.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I agree.

It was taken in the case as evidence, IT logs showed the website password system did not work for nearly a year. If you don't know anything about the case, it's best to stfu.

Do you actually think anyone can claim this? If they claim it the IT staff will need to show the server log, where everything is logged in.

young_gunner913
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
What if it's independently verified that they actually did send her the wrong password to enter her whereabouts? F-ups do happen.

then she shouldve reported the error after the first time then.

Elwin.
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:04 PM
This is fucking disgusting :(
How unfair :sad:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM

She called the VDT to mention it's not working. They fixed it, and it still did not work, they contacted the VDT again...

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:06 PM
she did... she called the ITF...
gosh, people, read the facts or don't post, I read so many posts here with comments that make no sense if you know the entire story...

WhoAmI?
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The Yahoo article states the suspension is immediate!!!!!
I think this off season testing thingy is really an invasion of privacy.
I understand it in theory, but what if you want to go away to some small island for some well earned R&R where there is no communication?
Some people like to unplug when they vacation!

Obviously you can't afford to do that being a professional athlete, at least not without getting in trouble.

The timing of it is just horrible. They spread the news about her failing to fill in her location a while ago. So they just made the decision tonight?:confused:
Also, are they going to cancel her results? As if its true that failing 3 times to fill in your whereabouts is equal to giving a positive test, and when giving a positive test they cancel all the results since the test was positive.

Poor Yanina sleeping and doesn't even know yet.:hug:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Poor Yanina sleeping and doesn't even know yet.:hug:
they just said on the news that her dad woke her up and she reacted hysterically... poor girl... this was the top moment of her career so far... and all of this basically just to set an example...

WhoAmI?
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:13 PM
:sad: poor girl
Though her dad should of let her sleep, she won't get to sleep much in the near future anyways with all this happening :(

Soliloque
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Gasquet takes cocaïne : 2 months

Wickmayer can't fill her locations 3 times : a year

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM
they just said on the news that her dad woke her up and she reacted hysterically... poor girl... this was the top moment of her career so far... and all of this basically just to set an example...

That's not what the manager said to the Sporza journalist ! The manager called Mark Wickmayer ( dad of Yanina ) to give him the news about the verdict : her dad reacted hysterically and he's in " all states " ( or something like that ) !

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
That's not what the manager said to the Sporza journalist ! The manager called Mark Wickmayer ( dad of Yanina ) to give him the news about the verdict : her dad reacted hyterically and he's in " all states " ( or something like that ) !
hm, where did you hear that? I heard the blond newsreader from VRT saying it like I posted in the 11pm news... but she's not a sports journalist...
sorry, didn't mean to give wrong information, she must have said it wrong I guess...
anyway, I'm off to bad now, I'm just really shocked by all of this... it really came out of the blue...

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
hm, where did you hear that? I heard the blond newsreader from VRT saying it like I posted in the 11pm news... but she's not a sports journalist...
sorry, didn't mean to give wrong information, she must have said it wrong I guess...
anyway, I'm off to bad now, I'm just really shocked by all of this... it really came out of the blue...

sporza.be site ;) I'm french speaking but very fluent in Dutch

finalforce
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Petition against the ban for Xavier and Yanina:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Xavieryanina/signatures.html

Elleke
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
On the late news they definitely said it like Sarah<Kim-fan> said it ;-)
Poor Yanina :sad:

hdfb
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
:sobbing: I feel so sorry for Yanina. Worst possible time to be suspended, and a year at that. :sobbing: If it was a few months, fine, she could just miss AO and come back in time for FO.

This is just damaging. I wish her well and I hope they fight this as hard as her management can. This is ridiculous!

Soliloque
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I think that Kim and Justine should do something, they are big names, they should take position against this unfair decision. Something like don't playing exhibitions in Belgium anymore. WTA has to react too, and fast.

manu
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:31 PM
She got what she deserved you say?

She didn't fill out where she WAS 3 poor times in 18 months?

Hell, the girl didn't even MISS 1 doping control! Let alone have a positive doping test!

Before the anti-doping service even has the RIGHT to think about buying cheap excuses or not, they should learn to be perfect THEMSELVES. They should organize their system better. Make use of internet more, so the players can't be punished injustly for not answering mail they receive 1000s of miles away from where they are at a particular moment. They should make sure their internet pass words work (for which Yanina called them to fix it, but nothing happened). They should make sure their system is 100% reliable and that the players get every chance to fill in their whereabouts. If the anti-doping service wants to be in the position where they can demand perfection of a professional tennis player, they should firstly and mostly demand absolute perfection of themselves!

This decision is taken right at a time where Yanina has a breakthrough in her career. Should that be considered when taking these kinds of decisions? Of course not. But if you decide to put a major hold on someone's career, and possibly ruin that young career, you should have a damn good reason for it. Not filling in 3 whereabouts does NOT do the trick. If you can honestly say you find this a reasonable, proportionate punishment in comparison to the "crime" committed, then boy I hope there are very few people in the world who reason like you do, they must even sleep bad after not brushing their teeth 3 times in 18 months.

I fail to see how Yanina's "excuse" can be seen as "poor" when 12 years ago, one of the biggest male tennis stars ever, was able to say "sorry, I drunk from my coach's drug filled soda drink, won't ever do it again, promise" and get away with a punishment that absolutely pales in comparison to this after having a POSITIVE doping test!!!

If Yanina is a 3-year old in your mind, then how would you describe Agassi or the ATP doping tribunal?

hdfb
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:35 PM
It's like stealing three candy bars in the spread of eighteen months from the local convenience store, and then somehow you wind up in jail for a year. I'm almost sure this is how Yanina feels about this situation. :o

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
On the late news they definitely said it like Sarah<Kim-fan> said it ;-)
Poor Yanina :sad:

Not to the phone call that's available on www.sporza.be . Manager Kuyl : " Vader Wickmayer is hysterisch " . I listened to it and rest my case ;)

manu
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:39 PM
It's like stealing three candy bars in the spread of eighteen months from the local convenience store, and then somehow you wind up in jail for a year. I'm almost sure this is how Yanina feels about this situation. :o
Nice descreption, but actually it's even worse. It's more like the storekeeper comes to sell candy bars at your house and leaves the bill when you're not there. You don't get home in time to pay the bill and end up in jail.
This is sad. Really sad.

young_gunner913
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Nice descreption, but actually it's even worse. It's more like the storekeeper comes to sell candy bars at your house and leaves the bill when you're not there. You don't get home in time to pay the bill and end up in jail.
This is sad. Really sad.

and theres absolutely no one at her house all throughout the year that couldve seen the mail and told her about. huge steaming pile of BS.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Not to the phone call that's available on www.sporza.be . Manager Kuyl : " Vader Wickmayer is hysterisch " . I listened to it and rest my case ;)

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/MG_sportnieuws/MG_tennis/1.629802

Both are hysteric, do some research, before saying others are wrong.

gc-spurs
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I love the analogies!!

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:45 PM
It's getting a longer tail, some politicians are not in agreement with this rule.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Sp.a-voorzitster Caroline Gennez stelt zich -na de schorsing van Yanina Wickmayer en Xavier Malisse- vragen bij de wereldvreemdheid van het Vlaams Doping Tribunaal. Ze vindt dat het in tijden van ongekende technologische mogelijkheden mogelijk moet zijn de 'whereabouts' van topsporters op een soepele manier te traceren. De sp.a-voorzitster, zelf ooit actief als tennisster en momenteel lid van de commissie Sport in het Vlaams parlement, wil minister van Sport Philippe Muyters daarover aan de tand voelen.

"Belangrijke troef"
Gennez wijst erop dat topsport een belangrijke troef is voor de uitstraling van een land en een regio. Ze benadrukt tegelijkertijd het belang van een dopingvrije sport en van de noodzaak van controles, maar heeft vragen bij wat ze "de stroeve toepassing van de regelgeving over de 'whereabouts'" noemt. Gezien de evolutie van de technologie moet die administratie veel soepeler kunnen verlopen, meent Gennez.

"Net aan steile opmars bezig"
Ze herinnert er ook aan dat Wickmayer noch Malisse ooit zijn betrapt op dopinggebruik. "Wickmayer wordt nu een jaar op non-actief geplaatst, net op het moment dat haar carrière aan een steile opmars bezig is", aldus Gennez. De voorzitster van de Vlaamse socialisten vreest ook dat Vlaanderen zich met deze veroordeling belachelijk maakt in het buitenland. "Als je kijkt hoe het gerecht functioneert en je plaatst dat tegenover het tribunaal, dan val je van het ene uiterste in het andere", klinkt het. (belga/svm)

Sp.a-chairwoman Caroline Gennez put herself- after the suspension of Xavier Malisse and Yanina Wickmayer questions at the alienation or Flemish doping tribunal. She finds that it must be in times of unprecedented technological possibilities possible to trace the 'whereabouts' of sportmen in a more smoother way. SP.A-President, herself, was a tennis player in the past and at the moment she's a member of the commission of Sport in the Flemish Parliament, wants to take a deep discussion with Minister of Sport Philippe Muyters.

'Important asset'
Gennez indicate that top sport is an important trump card for the irradiation of a country and a region. She at the same time emphasizes the importance of doping-free sport and of the need of controls, but questions what has them "the rigid application of the legislation concerning 'whereabouts'" calls. Gone given the evolution of technology is possible that administration must go more smoothly, thinks Gennez.

"Steep Rise to the top"
She also reminds that Wickmayer, Malisse never have been caught on doping. "Wickmayer is a year now placed on inactive, exactly the time its career took to rise to the top", thus Gennez. The president of the Flemish Socialists also fears that Flanders makes himself redicilous with this sentence. "If you look at how the Court functions and you place that with the tribunal, then you fall from one extreme into the other", it sounds. (belga / SVM)

link : http://hln.be/hln/nl/953/Tennis/article/detail/1025888/2009/11/05/Gennez-heeft-vragen-bij-wereldvreemdheid-Doping-Tribunaal.dhtml

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/MG_sportnieuws/MG_tennis/1.629802

Both are hysteric, do some research, before saying others are wrong.

Just watched the video about Inge Van Meensel : she only talks about Yanina, not about her father ! At the radio, it's the father. Anyway, won't change de fact she will be devastated.

Adrian.
I hate the fact they made this decision during a tournament. I'd prefer if they took her out in the beginning of the week, so Vera could play and actually make SFs or let her finish the event and then punish her. Now they screw over both Vera and Yanina:o

They don't care about anyone:o

thats what happens when the IOC President is from your country.

can they make sure next one is from Antartica or Greenland ??
:spit::haha:

:eek: Now I know why was she playing that good lately :rolleyes:

:rolls::smash::rolls:

Gasquet got 2 months for really doping and this girl gets 12months for not disclosing her whereabouts that crazy.

THIS:ignore:

I think that Kim and Justine should do something, they are big names, they should take position against this unfair decision. Something like don't playing exhibitions in Belgium anymore. WTA has to react too, and fast.
They should forget to tell them their whereabouts too, and then see what will happen:devil:

RenaSlam.
Bye :wavey:

manu
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:53 PM
and theres absolutely no one at her house all throughout the year that couldve seen the mail and told her about. huge steaming pile of BS.
Who are you to know that? Yanina probably shares a home in Belgium with her dad, whom she travels with the whole year. So probably there is no one at home the entire year. And even if there were, even if someone at home would have opened up the letters and told her that she had to come home quickly to fill them out, what then? Yanina is abroad, she cannot take a fre*king airplane every 2 days to make sure she gets the mail right! If that is what the system demands, then such a system is completely laughable.

If the anti-doping service were just 1% more clever, they'd had figured out how to make their system work 100% on the internet for a public of tennis players who travel around the globe the entire year. Only and only AFTERWARDS they should have thought of introducing it.

This punishment is not justified in any way, this is NOT a rightful nor deserved punishment in comparison to the facts. This is a joke. This punishment could have been made by a computer with 0 emotional intelligence who could have just read the law and applied it only according to the litteral words. Why do we have judges and people actually interpreting law? Seemingly the entire story, intentions behind a "crime" become completely irrelevant anyway.

frenchie
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I would definitely change nationality if I was Yanina

gc-spurs
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM
They should forget to tell them their whereabouts too, and then see what will happen:devil:

:hehehe:

Ferg
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Kissing a woman who had taken cocaine isnt doping. :haha:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Just watched the video about Inge Van Meensel : she only talks about Yanina, not about her father ! At the radio, it's the father. Anyway, won't change de fact she will be devastated.

SHE SAYS LITERALLY : Zij is daar nu wakker gemaakt door haar vader, en wij hebben vernomen dat zij hysterisch heeft gereageerd. [She has been awakened by her dad, and we have heard that she reacted hysterical.]

btw, can you even speak dutch? It looks like you don't.

Break My Rapture
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I can speak Dutch. ;)Does anyone have a link to this vid?

freeyourstyle
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:04 PM
feel sorry for her .. but in the end, rules are rules

Soliloque
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:08 PM

Do you feel like reading from the begining ? Because you're just saying crap.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I can speak Dutch. ;)Does anyone have a link to this vid?

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/MG_sportnieuws/MG_tennis/1.629802

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
wow, drama! :eek:

Someone remind me what country was it that tested Kuzzy for drugs and said she was positive during a exo? :confused:

manu
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
That's soooo easy to say. "Rules are rules". What about intentions? What about the story? That's SO MUCH more important!

If a school teacher sees 1 child call another "b*tch". Do you think it would be right to give that child a month of detention? What if the teacher didn't know that the other child would have bullied the 1st child? Purposely closed her out of playing along with group games, making her unpopular with class mates? Anything disgusting but is not against the rules? This is not a valid comparison to Yanina's case, but it shows that rules are just rules. Helpful guidelines, but never prevailing over sane thinking and justice.

Rules are a helping tool. Not a standard. This is completely ridiculous.

The anti-doping service wants to be taken seriously and therefore punishes Wickmayer and Malisse way too harshly to set an example. But this is not right. Not if you look at the human and logical background of these 2 cases.

LCS
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM

gc-spurs
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM
That's soooo easy to say. "Rules are rules". What about intentions? What about the story? That's SO MUCH more important!

If a school teacher sees 1 child call another "b*tch". Do you think it would be right to give that child a month of detention? What if the teacher didn't know that the other child would have bullied the 1st child? Purposely closed her out of playing along with group games, making her unpopular with class mates? Anything disgusting but is not against the rules? This is not a valid comparison to Yanina's case, but it shows that rules are just rules. Helpful guidelines, but never prevailing over sane thinking and justice.

Rules are a helping tool. Not a standard. This is completely ridiculous.

The anti-doping service wants to be taken seriously and therefore punishes Wickmayer and Malisse way too harshly to set an example. But this is not right. Not if you look at the human and logical background of these 2 cases.

Exactly. Laws and rules can't be looked at in isolation or else it amounts to absurdity.

Rumkin
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:22 PM
way to screw your own players :tape:

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:23 PM
wow, drama! :eek:

Someone remind me what country was it that tested Kuzzy for drugs and said she was positive during a exo? :confused:

It was in wallonia. She tested positive for efedrin, something that's in coughing sirup, it's on the forbidden list, since it gives your body the possibility to take more oxygen in your blood.

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:24 PM
It was in wallonia. She tested positive for efedrin, something that's in coughing sirup, it's on the forbidden list, since it gives your body the possibility to take more oxygen in your blood.

Wallonia is a country or is that Belgium? :confused:

Wiggly
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Even if she sue, they can only give her 200K as it is the maximum prize money in Bali.

Rumkin
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM

it's the french speaking part of belgium

-edit-

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Belgium has 3 regions : Flanders (flemish part) / Brussels (flemish and french) / Wallonia (french part)

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM

-edit-

ok thanks, I thought it was Belgium just not sure... is this two seperate ruling bodies? The French part and the Dutch part?

Martian Jeza
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Wallonie mainly south of Belgium. Flanders : north of Belgium. In Between Brussels DC. A little part of East Belgium with Eupen, Malmundaria and so on : The Germanic "area".

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:31 PM

-edit-
:haha: Yeah I was gonna say Flanders (Vlanderen) is the Dutch speaking part. Wallonia the French. ;)

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM
ok thanks, I thought it was Belgium just not sure... is this two seperate ruling bodies? The French part and the Dutch part?

And brussels and german. We have 4 region + 1 federal + another brussels one :lol:

charmedRic
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM
This is BULL.

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Wick :hug: enjoy one year vacation !!!

andrewbroad
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:40 PM
This is ridiculous. If they're going to treat tennis-players as criminals, why not fit them with electronic tags? And to ban Yanina in the middle of the Bali season-ending championships is utterly classless and cruel.

Nikkiri
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Absurd. Poor Yanina :sad:

MBM
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
so when is the WTA website gonna update itself to talk about this?? they are always so behind! and this goddamn toolbar has a scroller that has been up to 2 weeks out...ugh