PDA

View Full Version : Bali RR Group D: [10]Aravane Rezai (First into SF) def. [8]Melinda Czink 6-3, 7-5

Julian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Aravane the first player into the semi!!! :worship:
Nice comeback in the 2nd set!

Melinda vs Sabine's match tomorrow will just decide who finish 2nd and 3rd in that group. Both of them are out now.

blueskye
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Great comeback from Reazai in the 2nd set after being down by 2 breaks :bounce:

Bronx19
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Another WTA disgrace. How do these women do it?
Czink was leading 5-1 in the second and lost it.

Tomorrow will be interesting, I wonder if we will actually cross the finish line with those two chokers.

SELVEN
another tragedy:shrug:

Caralenko
Sabine :smash: ruined a good opportunity for more points.

Richie's
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Melinda hold set point on 5-1... Pf...

silvamarius
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Melinda was so pathetic. Losing 6 games in a row.. :help: Shame on you. :fiery:

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Grats Rezai.:)

The 2nd Law
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
FWIW, it's group D, not B :) The title had me worried that Sam had lost her second match for a minute there lol.

Julian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:33 AM
FWIW, it's group D, not B :) The title had me worried that Sam had lost her second match for a minute there lol.

LOL! Thanks for correcting me. Typo :lol:

améliemomo
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Aravane you rock!:banana::rocker2::devil:

FrOzon
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Aravane the first player into the semi!!! :worship:
Nice comeback in the 2nd set!

Melinda vs Sabine's match tomorrow will just decide who finish 2nd and 3rd in that group. Both of them are out now.

WTA is too stupid to make a decent scheduling! Lisicki and Czink should have played today. But anyway, Rezai deserves to be in the SF and will have her chances to go further!

Keadz
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Congrats Rezai :) Good results for her this week!

If she isn't playing Sam, I hope she can win her semi final match :)

The Kaz
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
WTA is too stupid to make a decent scheduling! Lisicki and Czink should have played today. But anyway, Rezai deserves to be in the SF and will have her chances to go further!

This is the only group where a dead match will occur so just be quiet :o...the schedule IMO was pretty good.

DimaDinosaur
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Sabine sucks

Kipling
Nov 5th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Woo hoo! Way to go, babe! Take the title, Aravane!

The 2nd Law
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:25 AM
LOL! Thanks for correcting me. Typo :lol:

Haha no worries.

PLP
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I am so happy for Aravane!!!

:bounce:

Alizé Molik
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:49 AM
YES! Czink losing from 5-1 isn't just a choke by her, Aravane is actually a good tennis player. shock I know but there it is.

MH0861
Nov 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Mel :bigcry:

Kipling
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM
YES! Czink losing from 5-1 isn't just a choke by her, Aravane is actually a good tennis player. shock I know but there it is.

:yeah:

It's not the first time Aravane has come back from down in sets in matches, either. At Miami, in the 3rd set vs. Pavlyuchenkova, she came back from down 1-4 in the third to level the match--this after having blown 3 match points in the second set. She also was down 1-4 in the second set in one of the European clay events and came back to win the set and match 6-4 6-4 . And on many other occasions, she has gotten down breaks in sets and come back to win them--it's a pretty routine thing for her, with her serve--so she is a proven fighter.

FrOzon
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
This is the only group where a dead match will occur so just be quiet :o...the schedule IMO was pretty good.

????

It could have been avoided. It's not that difficult...

WhoAmI?
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Which group winner she'll play in the semi?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM

no WTA are morons it should have been avoided

but still glad Aravane is in SF :bounce: :angel: :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM

they gonna re-do draw so highest ranked SF plays lowest ranked SF
another display on ineptitude from the WTA

taking leaves out of UEFA for corrupting draws

Julian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM

The 2 highest ranked semifinalists won't meet each other in SF. The two lowest ranked ones would be drawn.

delicatecutter
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Keep on trucking Caravan! :hearts: :drive:

Stevecw
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Great win again Aravane!! :bigclap:

Such a good fight back from 1-5 down to win 6 games in a row!!

Good job proving your talent Aravane, just wish she was more consistant over a season.

Good luck to her in sf and go win this thing now! :bounce:

Paris75
Nov 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Great win, great tournament so far! :D
And 250 points in the pocket :eek:

Vanity Bonfire
Nov 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
:bounce: Somebody I actually like is in the semis!

Yarden
Nov 5th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Aravane :worship:
Hope she can reach the final :yeah: it would be great :D

shirgan
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Rezai had to fight hard for her place in Saturday’s semi-final. After an exchange of breaks two consecutive double-faults by Czink gave her another break for 4-3, and that was enough to decide the first set. But then Czink played more aggressively to build a 5-1 lead in the second, holding a set point but making a forehand error. And then, as quickly as she built her lead, it vanished. Rezai won six straight games and the match. With her win on Wednesday over Sabine Lisicki, she held an unbeatable 2-0 record in her group.

"It was very tough, a very difficult set," said Rezai. "Mentally I was down and it was difficult for me to continue fighting. She was pushing the ball very strong and coming to the net, and she was very aggressive during the middle of the second set. At 5-all I said okay, I have nothing to lose and it’s better to fight. I knew she is not very strong on the very important points and I played on that and on those points I tried to be stronger."

http://2009.commbanktennis.com/2009-view.php?subaction=showfull&id=1257434774&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2,14&