PDA

View Full Version : Bali RR Group A: [7]Shahar Peer def. [11]Magdalena Rybarikova 6-1, 7-6

Julian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Magda is out :sobbing:

Now it's up to Marion vs Shahar match tomorrow to determine who will advance to SF from this group.

young_gunner913
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:40 AM
KADIMA SHAHAR!!!!!!!!!! :shout:

Hopefully you'll beat Marion.
Should be a tough match reguardless of what the H2H says. :unsure:

shirgan
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I thought she was going to lose the second set for a moment there :scared:
but good job :yeah:

drory
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:06 AM
little choke but well done !!!:bounce::bounce:
now you know how to beat marion!

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Please beat Marion, Shahar!!!:shout:
Magda :hug:

Meteor Shower
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Great Shahar! Now beat Marion :D

Nice fight from Magdalena :hug: unlucky with the draw.

The Kaz
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Magda :hug:

You were out of league here...you needed it to be played on grass to have any hope :awww: (with Marion not in ur group also :p)

skanky~skanketta
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Let's go Shahar! Beat Marion and make the semis!!!

Julian.
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
No controversy during Shahar's match so far. :D

Zojirushi
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Well play Shahar:yeah:

good luck against Bartoli:)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Magda :sad: :bigcry:

Ceze
Nov 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Kadima Shahar! :D

Acinolbaj
Nov 5th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Magda :sobbing:

The Jabberwock
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well done Shahar! :worship:

Good luck against Marion!

Derek.
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Come on Shahar!

Beat Marion. ;)

shirgan
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Peer struggled after building a 6-1, 4-1 lead against Rybarikova. Like Rezai when she was down, Rybarikova decided she had nothing to lose and went for her shots to break twice and lead 5-4. Peer though stopped her run to hold for 5-5, and then edged the tiebreak 7-4.

"At 4-1 she played a little bit better," said Peer. "She started to change her game, she came more to the net and I was a little bit defensive. She had to change something because I was cruising the whole match, but I’m happy I could find a way to win in two sets. This happens in tennis and it’s important to find a way to get out of it. That’s the beauty of this sport. At any moment it can change.

"I think I played very smart today. I did the right things. I was serving well, returning pretty well, I was solid. The moments I didn’t win most of the games was when I was a little bit too defensive, but the rest of the match I was pretty aggressive and using most of the court."

Peer is having a great time in Bali and is even staying on afterwards for a vacation. Where better to unwind after a long season?

"All my family is here so I’m in half a holiday already,," she said. "It’s the end of the year and I’m relaxed just trying to play my best tennis on court, and whenever I’m done with my exercising I go out to the beach. I am more relaxed than at other tournaments. I was in Kuta yesterday. We went especially to see the sunset and it was really beautiful.

"Maybe after the tournament is done I will go and see more things. I enjoy it a lot here. Actually we are planning to do some tours when I’m done at the tournament. We’ll go to Ubud and the volcano and everything. Meanwhile I’m just chilling out and go eat in restaurants. The seafood here is great so we’re just enjoying our time. The people are very kind, very relaxed and calm. So it’s fun."

http://2009.commbanktennis.com/2009-view.php?subaction=showfull&id=1257434774&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2,14&

Foals.
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Unfortunate for Magda, :awww: this was always going to be the hardest group to get out of.
Good platform overall to build on next year though :yeah: