PDA

View Full Version : Who will win their first meeting next year?

supergrunt
Nov 5th, 2009, 01:12 AM
This is the most taboo issue on the forum because quite honestly Serena fans don't like discussing the rivalry. :o

delicatecutter
Nov 5th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I love discussing the rivalry. :hearts:

I say Serena, unless it's on clay. Serena is a bit fitter than she was back in 07. But who knows what will happen now that she's in hibernation mode. :scared:

dsanders06
Nov 5th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Serena, because when she's healthy no-one can beat her and she's an inspiration and she's always beaten Henin in every "important" match in her career ("important" meaning every match Serena has won) and because tournament organisers and linespeople are racist and always conspire against her but she just soldiers on and because Henin is on steroids and is a cheater and a quitter.

delicatecutter
Nov 5th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Serena, because when she's healthy no-one can beat her and she's an inspiration and she's always beaten Henin in every "important" match in her career ("important" meaning every match Serena has won) and because tournament organisers and linespeople are racist and always conspire against her but she just soldiers on and because Henin is on steroids and is a cheater and a quitter.

Clearly you need to hear from some of us more rational Serena fans. :rolls:

gmokb
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:43 AM
I have no problem discussing the rivalry. I have issue with Justine fans wanting to act as if Serena was Justine's bitch and can only win when Justine isn't playing, which is a load of crap. I am picking Serena to win thier first encounter.

Craig.
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM

:worship:

moby
Nov 5th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Serena, because when she's healthy no-one can beat her and she's an inspiration and she's always beaten Henin in every "important" match in her career ("important" meaning every match Serena has won) and because tournament organisers and linespeople are racist and always conspire against her but she just soldiers on and because Henin is on steroids and is a cheater and a quitter.Justine is totally Serena's bitch.

S7s-enR3o-o

Even when she's winning.

Especially when she's winning.

pokey camp
Nov 5th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Depends on when it is. The longer it takes for them to meet the more I lean toward Justine (excluding any injuries in the interim).

kiwifan
Nov 5th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Like any other time, for the most part Serena wins - except on Clay.

Real taboo stuff :weirdo:

pav
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I hope it's N.bN.

serenafan08
Nov 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Co-sign.

sammy01
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Depends on when it is. The longer it takes for them to meet the more I lean toward Justine (excluding any injuries in the interim).

i agree with this, by the time the clay seasons swings round we should know henin's level, and if they haven't met by then henin will be more confident having got matches behind her.

it will be a must see, whoever wins and whatever time in the year it is.

kiwifan
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Which of course means Henin will be even more in form for Wimbledon since she'll have even more matches behind her, right? :devil:

saki
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Real taboo stuff :weirdo:
Not exactly true. Justine does have the edge on clay (4-1), Serena does have the edge on hardcourt (also 4-1) but they're 1-1 on grass and 0-1 (to Serena) on carpet. So, it's more - Justine wins on clay, Serena wins on hardcourt, and they haven't met enough on grass/carpet to really give much of an indication of anything.

youizahoe
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
The later Serena and Justine will meet each other in a tourney, it's gonna be Serena as the winner. Face it, Justine can't and will never beat Serena past the quarters when it's not on clay.

AndreConrad
Nov 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
There is some truth in that statement. Which still doesn't mean that Justine will win in a meeting late in the year or it doesn't mean that Serena will win even if they meet in the first round of AO. Just Justine's chances increase as she gets more tournament time under her belt. This assumes that she will treat tennis as seriously as she did before retiring.

jimmy_the_greek
Nov 6th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Voted for Serena. She seems to be unstoppable at the moment, will be very interesting though to see how far Justine can push her.