PDA

View Full Version : Bali - will the organizers make a reasonable OOP on Thursday?

The Jabberwock
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Wednesday OOP has been released and very first seed is against the third in each RR group.

Thursday OOP should be that every second seed play against the looser of the first round. This is the only way to make sure the third game in every RR group decides the winner of each group.

Otherwise, we might be in a situation that a player won the first two matches and actually qualified to the semis even before the third game was played. It will make the third game redundant...

W!MBLEDON
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:03 AM
you do realise that also happens in the YEC? it isn't redundancy, finishing the season off with a win can be very confidence-boosting. i think they've done the right thing in terms of scheduling

Julian.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
You get points & money for winning match in RR format. I think there is no problem. They will still fight for the points and money.

The Jabberwock
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
you do realise that also happens in the YEC? it isn't redundancy, finishing the season off with a win can be very confidence-boosting. i think they've done the right thing in terms of scheduling

Unlike YEC, here there are just 3 games for each group in the RR stage. There is no problem to organize the OOP in a way that will make the last game really important.

You get points & money for winning match in RR format. I think there is no problem. They will still fight for the points and money.

Sure. Points and money is great, but with a small efforts from the organizers, the third game of each group will be also meaningful for the tournament.

Julian.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
^ I agree.

shirgan
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
The fact that they haven't published the schedule for Thursday and Friday yet, suggests they are open to the possibility of change from the original construct

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
nothing is ever so easy for the Fools at the WTA

pwayne
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Making the loser from today play again tomorrow is a good way to schedule so Friday matches can be like the quarterfinals of a normal tournament especially if the 2nd seed win their match on Thursday.

The Jabberwock
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:41 AM
nothing is ever so easy for the Fools at the WTA

I guess you were right... :help:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/OrderOfPlay/0,,12781,00.html

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Shahar Peer vs. Magdalena Rybarikova
2. Melinda Czink vs. Aravane Rezai
3. María José Martínez Sánchez vs. Agnes Szavay (NB 18.30hrs)
4. Anabel Medina Garrigues vs. Kimiko Date Krumm

itzhak
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM
these organizers are so dumb, unbeliveble...