PDA

View Full Version : Rate the 2009 performance of your favourite players

Lin Lin
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Serena: 9.5,She shines through the whole year :worship:except the SF in USO:tape:

Venus:7.0 She should have won Wimbledon:sad::mad:I sometimes think she is really old now because of tons of unexpected losses:sad:

Kim Clijsters:9.8,she is amazing,no words can extol her over the stunning USO winning,but she lost to Schnyder laterly:unsure:

Peng Shuai:9.0,she has done what she could on tour and wins all four gold medals at National Games,she officially becomes one of the biggest stars in China:D:D:hearts::kiss:

update some others later:wavey:Rate yours please.:):wavey:

Koon
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Zvonareva : 6. She did well enough in the first 4 months in 2009 and sucks then :sad:

Cornet : 4. What a bad year for her . She struggles a lot and barely win a match :crying2:

Pennetta : 8.Amazing hard court season and amazing display in Flushing Meadow, hopes she will do some damages next year :)

Julian.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Sharapova: 7 (Severe shoulder injuries affects her game especially her serve but good job coming back to #14 from #100 something)
Cibulkova: 7 (Rip injuries killed her after a fantastic result in RG :sad:)
Lisicki: 8 (Nice rise in the ranking, not consistent yet though)

A-Bond
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Bondarenko: 7 - It's not a bad season for her standard but she should have won Warsaw. Then it would be a 8 for her.

Hantuchova: 4 - Well those two R16 at GS were good. But that's maybe the only positive thing. A lot of hard losses and if you compare with 2007, this was nothing.

Szavay: 6 - She's won a title and had some good wins (Williams, Azarenka, Ivanovic). But she was once again too inconsistent. Hopefully she'll care a bit in Bali.

Golovin: 0 - She did absolutely nothing this year :o

Vaidisova -10 - She would get a 1 for her 2 wins over Alona in IW/Miami, but the Stacey-Tan loss is taking away everything.

The Kaz
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Sam Stosur: 8...would of been 9 if she won LA and would of been 10 if she made the/won the French Open :D
Marion Bartoli: 7...solid year with 2 titles. Im satisified :)
Jelena Dokic: 7.5 On the comeback trail. That AO performance was amaze :inlove:
Kim Clijsters: 9...Her comeback and USO performance was exceptional. should of played more though :o
Jelena Jankovic: 6...inconsistent year but still bagged 2 titles and a SF at the YEC :shrug:
Kaia Kanepi 4.5...Great start of the year with Dubai SF and Rome QF but post Madrid was just :sobbing:

Fantasy Hero
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Pennetta 8.5: she was the best players of summer, she broke the italian curse, with a different draw at the USO SF could have been easier, but the rest of the year was really bad with so many injuries...next year there's nothing to defend untill Bastad, so i hope her to get into top 10 again :p

Makiri: 6.5 terrible year, luckily the very last weeks she showed something better that makes me hope for a nice next year

Wozniak: 6/7 too many up&down for her this year, surely it was impossible for her to confirm last year breakdown, but she still made good results

Schiavone: 8- great as usual in Fed Cup but a bit missing the whole year...anw she got back to top 20, won Moscow and made the QF at Wimbledon and a 4th at the USO :yeah:

Hantuchova 5: a bit on the shadow, hopefully she'll come back to her lever soon

Njay16
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Grades seem a little easier to me so....

Venus B (Started the year well, Two titles back to back, 14 match win streak, 3 Grand Slam Doubles Titles, 8th Wimbledon Final in 10 years, YEC Final. Had spots of brilliance but had lots of funk as well. I know she's getting older, but you have to admit she's holding up a lot better than some other players when they got older. She still is the fastest player on tour and covers the court better than anyone. I feel as though she is 29 and young.

Dementieva B+ (Also started year well, Wins over both WS, 15 match win streak, 3 titles, Two Semis, but still no finals. She has got to be disappointed with her Grand Slam Results. She always peaks too early and when it's time to play on the big stage, she can't handle it.)

Wozniacki A (Three titles, Only player to win a title on 3 different surfaces, First Grand Slam Final, Career High Rank of 4, First YEC, Battled through injury to show great fight.)

Dokic B- (Dream run at the AO, epic wins, Beautiful match against Lena at the FO but so unlucky, Ended the year with three consecutive finals, winning 2 of 3. Wish she would have played more tour events.)

Alex03Maccy
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Momo - 7, wins in Paris but chokes at wimby then DARES to talk of retirement.
Kuzzy - 9, up and down as usual but her 2nd GS and big tourny win in beijing.

Mistress of Evil
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Masha: B She did a satisfactory comeback,won a title and returned to top20.On the other side, the two disasters at Wimby and USO were terrible.

LenaD: B+ Dementieva had a good season overall.She reached her highest ranking,won 3 titles, had a match point at a GS semifinal, beat Vee after a five-year period,had an amazing AO summer.Although, she failed at the USO and the French to players who are average.

Kim: A+ Clijsters punished the WTA tour and proved herself as a great champ.

Caro: A She did great having in mind her abilities but she needs to stop travel with that Piotr and be more clever while doing her schedule.

Ana & Nicole: Well, no comment,I guess.

Hashim.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Kim A+..she did what i never expected her to do

JJ C..just not good by her standards

Maria B..she did well apart from the GS

Alisa C..just too inconsistent

Elena B..a good year but still no GS:tears:

Julia C..always injured:hug:

Sania C..injured

Nicole ..nothing to rate on

tennisforadults
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
I agree.. grades are easier.

Sam Stosur - A
French Open semi. LA final. Osaka title - and qualification into Bali. 1st title, best grand slam result and highest ranking at no.13. This has been a spectacular season for Sam, not including her doubles results. Bali hasn't even started, so hopefully more to come. :)

Jelena Dokic - B
Best season since 2003. Started with a bang - Australian QF. Then injury struck at the French and illness kept her to a hush for most of the year. Now on a mini comeback, she's finishing the season with encouraging big ITF wins. Not spectacular, but definitely in the right direction.

Olivia Rogowska - B-
Cut her ranking in half from outside 300 to 152. Beat Kirilenko at RG and nearly upset Safina at USO. Huge potential but not quite putting it together yet. Youth is on her side though.

Ana Ivanovic - D
Nuff said.

The Kaz
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Nicole ..nothing to rate on

How about an "NA" for "Did not attend" :p

miffedmax
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Lena D. B+ A pretty good year by her standards. But she loses points because expectations were so high after 2008. If not for the US Open I'd have given her an A-. If she grew back her bangs I'd give her an A+.

Venus: B-. Too spotty to rate higher, but she did win some titles and make the finals of a major, so you can't call it too horrible of a year.

TOB: B Started of slowly, but finished strong with a good title run. Too many dfs are slowing down her comeback, but the competitive fires are stoking. I think she's building up for a good run in 2010.

Caro: A Certainly a breakthrough year with entering the Top 10, a slam final, making semis at the YEC. Still needs to develop her game, but for all the carping she's winning on bigger and bigger stages.

Vika: B The brat attacks are a distraction and her game is inconsistent, but Miami was a huge win and her run at the AO shows she can do damage if she can stay focused. She's not a kid any more, though, and I have to wonder if she'll be able to mature into a real contender or will just be another fave who drives me crazy.

Alexa Glatch: C+ Big Al just couldn't follow up her Fed Cup heroics with any serious noise at a high level tournament. She's shows flashes of the power that had her on everybody's watch list before her accident, but lacks consistency. Hopefully, finally getting through a full year of high level tennis has her back on track and she'll be able to kick things up a notch next year. It's way too soon to give up.

Lin Lin
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Zheng Jie:6.Not so good through the whole year:rolleyes:

The Daviator
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Serena: 10/10

Ana: -10000000/10

mr_burns
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM
LENA B Although this was her second best year, there were really big lows and for her highs she had some easy draws (eg Wimbldedon)
She sucked at most parts of the clay season,IW and a little Miami, the US Open and the Fall (too much although I like the maount of total SF). But she can do better next year

Amelie C+: Of course there is another standard for her, BUT she has beaten 7 top 10 players, won a title and had a good run at Madrid.
But she was so poor at the slams, especially Wimnbledon

Craig.
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:07 AM
B-

Disappointing and satisfying at the same time.

Lulu.
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:09 AM
A-

Blew a chance at the French Open but other than that she had a great year, winning 3 of the biggest singles titles, plus all the doubles success with the 3 Slams and Stanford title.

Nikkiri
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:14 AM
They all get an F :(

Edy.
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Ana 1/10 :(

Vika 5/10

Safe-From-Harm
Nov 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Jelena Jankovic-

7,5/10-expected much more from her,but she got 2 titles.There was some really good matches,also some where she played terrible.I hope next year will be better.I believe in she.