PDA

View Full Version : About foxhunting in Britain

Sam L
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:26 PM
A couple of months ago on this same board there was a thread about foxhunting been banned in Scotland. I remember everyone was saying this was such a good move and that it was going to work.

But about 7 months down the track now, it seems that people have been using loopholes to hunt anyway. They now call it "pest-control" and the number of foxes hunted this year have up to 25.

So I did a search on the web about foxhunting and there seems to be a whole community of these imbeciles. I guess there is for everything these days anyway. I just cannot believe it people, this is year 2002 not 12th century England :mad:

How can some people enjoy hunting down of defenseless animals??????

Anyway, you know what I think, I saw a news bulletin of these people going foxhunting and they just seem like a bunch of angry rednecks, who has nothing better to do. There was this white woman on horseback who was saying that "pestcontrol" done by others is taking the fun out of it cause she's not physically shooting anymore.

Monica_Rules
Sep 22nd, 2002, 06:54 PM
I totally agree with you.

I am 100% against fox hunting,in fact me and one of my friends were gonna go to a huntsmans ball and thow red paint over people in protest but we didn't find out when it was:mad:

The debate has been around the UK for ages but thank god they are just about to pass the law banning it it may take a year for it to be in place though!

veryborednow
Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:46 PM
At the moment, the problem is that about 90% of yhe House of Lord fox hunts. So getting a Bill past them is impossible.

Blair is in deep shit (even deep shit this week, unbelieveably) and even tackling something this controversial now would just be political suicide.

PLUS, there is no credible alternative to fox hunting at the moment. Hunting means that only the unfit/old foxes get killed, and a fox that is caught WILL be killed. Shooting foxes ultimately is crueler because a farmer will be accurat 50% of the time or less and will leave the fox in considerable pain, whereas hunting is quicker.

That, and that 1,000s of hounds will need to be put down because there will be no place for them. These animals are not pets, and there'd be no place for them, thereby is killing 1000s of hounds justified? I think not.

What they need to do is:
(1)There needs to be another option to the pest control side of hunting first.
(2)Then the SPORT side of it can be changed to drag hunting, this'll allow the dogs to be kept
(3) Phase out the sport. A large number of people will lose their jobs. By phasing the sport out instead of banning it outright will people have an opportunity to find outher jobs before being made unemployed.

Barrie_Dude
Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
Does Squrrile hunting count?

MartianJoeyWinson
Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:48 AM
The fox feels nothing. It's made of string.