PDA

View Full Version : November 2 WTA rankings ?

LightWarrior
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
Can't wait for a few more hours. I'm especially intersted about the points difference between Safina and Serena, whether Venus is still #4 (or 3). Anyone ?

MBM
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:11 AM
are you serious...??? have you not seen the thread Updated WTA Rankings Thread (courtesy of TheBoiledEgg) in GM?? lolz hahahaha. if you want to see what's happening round by round in tourneys check it out hahaha

In The Zone
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:12 AM
Just when you think someone has outdone themselves ...

Craig.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:12 AM
Look who's back :inlove:

GeeTee
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
this... http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=236674

LightWarrior
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
Just when you think someone has outdone themselves ...

Yes, isn't that endearing...

UncleZeke
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:17 AM
When in doubt, check out, the Boiled Egg ..

LightWarrior
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:25 AM
Can't believe Venus fell to #6. There's something wrong with how the YEC points are attibuted. Too many points awarded for players who won just a single match in round robin, not enough points for players who make the semis. Don't even talk to me about the finalist points. And the winner has more than double points than the finalist. Toally unfair

In The Zone
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:26 AM
Why should Venus be rewarded for being 1-2 and getting lucky to move into the semifinals? You reward match victories, not backdoor ways of getting lucky. I'm a Venus fan but you're just trying to find ways to complain. Serena's points are doubled over Venus' because Venus went 2-3 in Doha and Serena 5-0. I would hope they are doubled.

MBM
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:29 AM
^ ditto, if venus had gone 2-1 in her rr she would have had more than half of serena's. more than than, had someone from the white group gone 3-0 and made the semis, they would have had a hell of a lot more points than vee and the ratio wouldn't be any different to in other tourneys

LightWarrior
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:38 AM
Well Venus made it to the semis regardless. That should be rewarded more than how many matches you win in round robins. I've enjoyed this YEC round Robin format but the ranking points about it is fucked up. lol at Radwanska getting 230 points.

Mikey.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Players don't get points for getting to the semifinals though, only if they win their semifinal. I've been wondering why this is because players get points for losing a RR match. :scratch:

Golovinjured.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Can't believe Venus fell to #6. There's something wrong with how the YEC points are attibuted. Too many points awarded for players who won just a single match in round robin, not enough points for players who make the semis. Don't even talk to me about the finalist points. And the winner has more than double points than the finalist. Toally unfair

:bigcry:

ZODIAC
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:24 AM
At the end of the day Vee recovered half her points from last year and is not farAwaY from top 5,she has points to gain in Australia if she decides to play.

Tennisstar86
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
Well Venus made it to the semis regardless. That should be rewarded more than how many matches you win in round robins. I've enjoyed this YEC round Robin format but the ranking points about it is fucked up. lol at Radwanska getting 230 points.

while, I think the complaint that Serena got double what venus got is wrong..... I DO think its odd that a player makes the Semi's gets no points....unless that win that match..... And I also find it odd that Venus got 360 points for winning her semi and 370 points for winning 1 match in round robin play.... I think they need to rethink this system...

FrOzon
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
while, I think the complaint that Serena got double what venus got is wrong..... I DO think its odd that a player makes the Semi's gets no points....unless that win that match..... And I also find it odd that Venus got 360 points for winning her semi and 370 points for winning 1 match in round robin play.... I think they need to rethink this system...

That's wrong. Venus got 230 points for her RR win. She got 2x70 points for showing up for her losses in RR.

I think it's a fair distribution.

santhuruu
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Did Serena by the way get a special trophy ceremony for ending the year als world number 1, they always did that at the Championships, I remember that happened with Jankovic and Henin over the past three years, and they also did it this year with Huber/Black. So does anyone know the answer to that?

ZODIAC
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Did Serena by the way get a special trophy ceremony for ending the year als world number 1, they always did that at the Championships, I remember that happened with Jankovic and Henin over the past three years, and they also did it this year with Huber/Black. So does anyone know the answer to that?She will get paid for ending the year at no.1 whether they like it or not,and she should be player of the year for good measure.

SAEKeithSerena
Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
Why should Venus be rewarded for being 1-2 and getting lucky to move into the semifinals? You reward match victories, not backdoor ways of getting lucky. I'm a Venus fan but you're just trying to find ways to complain. Serena's points are doubled over Venus' because Venus went 2-3 in Doha and Serena 5-0. I would hope they are doubled.

absolutely agree:wavey:

BlameSerena
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:35 AM
Did Serena by the way get a special trophy ceremony for ending the year als world number 1, they always did that at the Championships, I remember that happened with Jankovic and Henin over the past three years, and they also did it this year with Huber/Black. So does anyone know the answer to that?

Yes.

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
Players don't get points for getting to the semifinals though, only if they win their semifinal. I've been wondering why this is because players get points for losing a RR match. :scratch:
this.

gmokb
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:55 AM
I am okay with my girls ranking. Serena definitely should be #1, Venus at #6 is not bad considering her performances and her health. She did well to make that rank. Lets hope she is fit in 2010.