PDA

View Full Version : Venus proves once again she is NOT Serena's rival

Morrissey
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Venus Williams proves time and time again when it matters most she always loses to Serena. These Williams Sisters match ups are boring because 9 times out of 10 Serena wins. The only "surprising" win for Venus was last year's Wimbledon final when she finally got her head and body together and beat Serena in straight sets in a major match.

Venus just doesn't have the killer instinct against Serena and this weakens women's tennis. Women's tennis NEEDS women to challenge Serena and I am so happy the Belgians are back!

The WTA is very happy that the Belgians are back because they are the only women that can challenge Serena consistently. The majority of the Russians are a joke. Safina, Dementieva are not slam champions. The Serbs are going nowhere but down.

Perhaps, Sharapova and Kuznetsova can "challenge" Serena but they can't do it consistently. Venus was never Serena's rival. Yes, I know Serena is the superior player. I remember reading an article in the Guardian this year and Serena said Venus "doesn't mind losing to me". And I believe it. Thank goodness, Kim showed Serena at the US OPEN she had better take the Belgians seriously because they will be very hungry in 2010. As for the young players who cares there is nothing special about them. Azarenka is mentally weak and fragile. Wozniacki the media are hyping this Danish chick but she lacks the firepower to challenge the "real" elite players.

usher3103
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Serena v Venus Grand Slam Finals entertaining and long

Henin v Clijsters/Kuznetsova/Ivanovic boring and very very short.

I Know what I prefer stop having a go at them. They are family after all and deep deep deep down they are aware of each others feelings.

As for Belgiums being hungry and a mjor threat lets just see instead of guessing.

In terms of who does more for tennis so we really want players advertising the game who quit when they get bored or players like Serena and Venus who have been around nearly 15 years advertising our fantasic game.

Ask yourself who promotes the game more and who is in it for themselves.

Morrissey
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Serena and Venus matches are boring. At least when Henin or Clijsters play Serena they give 150%. Venus is mentally weak and I think her career is just about over. Next year I don't expect to see Venus win a grand slam. I expect the Belgians to be in full force in 2010.

Slutiana
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:18 PM
LMFAO, weren't you the guy who said in 07 that Venus would never win another slam, and then she won wimbledon two weeks later. :lol: I hope n 2 months you will be eating your words again. :lol:

And bullshit that Williams matches are boring.

iAp7_NA4OJc

GOATs.

dreamgoddess099
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Serena and Venus matches are boring. At least when Henin or Clijsters play Serena they give 150%. Venus is mentally weak and I think her career is just about over. Next year I don't expect to see Venus win a grand slam. I expect the Belgians to be in full force in 2010.

You sing the praise of two people who retired, yet question the hunger on Venus who come what may, win or lose, still has the courage to show her face on a tennis court after all these years. Another ungrateful tennis fan.

bandabou
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:43 PM
Just an aside..of course the Belgians are hungry, they're coming out of retirement, no?

Morrissey
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:46 AM
Venus and Serena's matches are boring because Serena wins just about ALL of the important matches. Nobody wants to see another boring Williams Sisters final. Today was a perfect example Venus lost to Serena AGAIN in straight sets AGAIN. Venus reaching finals to face Serena are boring because Venus is so mentally weak she has a soft spot for her younger sister.

Henin and Clijsters are more consistent and mentally stronger than Venus. Henin and Clijsters when they play Serena they KNOW they can beat her. Serena's drama queen antics at the US OPEN deserve a SUSPENSION. Serena's bad attitude was totally out of line. Serena was just upset because Kim was OUTPLAYING HER.

Clijsters WON the US OPEN smashing both the Williams Sisters. Kim was away from the WTA for two years, had a baby yet she STILL was solid enough and mentally tough enough to DEFEAT both Venus and Serena. The Belgians are the ONLY women that can challenge Serena and it's not Venus. In 2007, Henin also smashed both Williams Sisters in straight sets and also WON the US OPEN. The Belgians are the only players currently on tour to win grand slams DEFEATING BOTH Williams Sisters in the process on the way to the grand slam singles titles.

dreamgoddess099
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
Venus and Serena's matches are boring because Serena wins just about ALL of the important matches. Nobody wants to see another boring Williams Sisters final. Today was a perfect example Venus lost to Serena AGAIN in straight sets AGAIN. Venus reaching finals to face Serena are boring because Venus is so mentally weak she has a soft spot for her younger sister.

Henin and Clijsters are more consistent and mentally stronger than Venus. Henin and Clijsters when they play Serena they KNOW they can beat her. Serena's drama queen antics at the US OPEN deserve a SUSPENSION. Serena's bad attitude was totally out of line. Serena was just upset because Kim was OUTPLAYING HER.

Clijsters WON the US OPEN smashing both the Williams Sisters. Kim was away from the WTA for two years, had a baby yet she STILL was solid enough and mentally tough enough to DEFEAT both Venus and Serena. The Belgians are the ONLY women that can challenge Serena and it's not Venus. In 2007, Henin also smashed both Williams Sisters in straight sets and also WON the US OPEN. The Belgians are the only players currently on tour to win grand slams DEFEATING BOTH Williams Sisters in the process on the way to the grand slam singles titles.

Motive for thread revealed.:rolleyes: Looks like somebody is just mad that Serena won. And keep thinking that the Belgians are the biggest threat to Serena, because after she beats them too next year I don't want you to have any whiny excuses of how Serena only wins because she doesn't have any real rivals.

Craig.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:44 AM
And you prove once again that you're an idiot.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:54 AM
Morissey this thread is beneath you......Cmon I know you can find a way to make Serena beating Venus in this match some grand racist conspiracy.

Tennisstar86
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
9 times out of 10 Serena wins? Im sorry, i thought the head to head was 12-10......

le bon vivant
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
Venus forum please --->

sky20748
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
We should not be getting upset with each other because of Venus's mental breakdowns against her sister.Its just that Serena is the more pitbullish in attitude and until Venus start to realize that she needs to win then it will be the same story.Venus will fight to get to the finals only to let her sister walk all over her.This is a never ending story with the same outcome.I am a huge Venus fan but i see things that arent right.Venus has become a mental midget against Serena while Serena knows that her sister has a hard time fighting her so Serena takes advantage which she should.Hell if Venus dont want to win then oh well.This has been going on for years.look at there matches from the past.Venus beat Serena last year because she wanted to make history with 5 wimbledons.This year Venus was too lax in her attack against lil sis.honestly I dont know why the girl is still out there if she is not going to give the same fight against Serena that she gives to the other opponents.Serena waltzes in and boom she got the Y.E.C. and once again Venus gets the short end of the stick. and then says Serena was just too good.I am so tired of that same damn speech.If lil sis was just too good then go get yourself just as good.geez

Herbert
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:23 AM
Serena v Venus Grand Slam Finals entertaining and long

Henin v Clijsters/Kuznetsova/Ivanovic boring and very very short.

Including this week they played 11 2-set matches at slams/Grand Slam Cup/YEC, just 5 3-setters in all those years and in all these 16 matches overall the winner of the first set has only lost the match 3 times (one of them being a complete tank in sets 2 and 3 at last year's YEC)

Regarding only grand slam finals they have played 8 matches, 6 were over in straight sets, therefore only 2 went to a third set (AO and Wimbledon 2003), only one match in which the first set loser came back to win the match (Serea - Wimbledon 2003)

You got a cute definition of entertaining and long :wavey:

Admittedly Justine only went to 3 sets 3 times in her 11 grand slam finals, still a slightly higher percentage of 3-setters in Henin vs whoever GS finals than all Williams GS finals ;)