PDA

View Full Version : Conchita Martinez confirms in Eurosport that Serena will play Marbella again in 2010

spiceboy
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Again? Well, yeah...after the embarrassment of this year she had to comeback somehow :tape:

Conchita is Marbella's tournament director BTW

ce
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
damn,they are giving a lot of money

Mina Vagante
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:13 PM
Why do you hate Serena so much Spiceboy ? :sad:

Noctis
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM
Serena Not Injured Will Destroy The field

Matt01
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
How much do they pay her?

spiceboy
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM

I don't like her attitude, I don't like most of her fans who cannot take any opinion different than theirs, I don't like how she usually doesn't give a shit about her Fed Cup team (except when Olympics are close)...

I do like her tennis and respect her as one of the best players in history and honestly, the couple of times I have met her personally she has been nice but that's it :p

SoClose
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
What?!? :tape::eek::speakles:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM

You should check the spanish armada forum. The shit they talk about the WS in there is really nasty.

jimbo mack
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
serena, did u not learn from last year? :shrug: or is the appearance fee too much to ignore? :o

hdfb
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
:bounce: Serena is dead set on getting another Roland Garros title. ;) She doesn't settle for winning a slam only once. Must be a multiple winner at all grand slams.

Lucemferre
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
You should check the spanish armada forum. The shit they talk about the WS in there is really nasty.

No surprise. Spanish are known to be very racially insensitive. Why wouldn't you like a player who was nice to you when you met her? :help:

Matt01
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM

Oh really? Damn, how could I have missed that :lol:

Bijoux0021
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:42 AM
I don't like her attitude, I don't like most of her fans who cannot take any opinion different than theirs, I don't like how she usually doesn't give a shit about her Fed Cup team (except when Olympics are close)...

I do like her tennis and respect her as one of the best players in history and honestly, the couple of times I have met her personally she has been nice but that's it :p
Why do you care about her not playing Fed Cup? Are you American?

spiceboy
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Why wouldn't you like a player who was nice to you when you met her? :help:

Well, you don't have to like anyone who's nice to you, have you? I mean, is not like we were friends or anything. We were both polite.

And yeah, I admire her as a tennis player and I have to confess I even asked her for a picture and she gladly agreed :lol:

Golovinjured.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hope Juju doesn't wanna play marbles aswell. :scared:

What are you doing in there? :eek:

spiceboy
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Why do you care about her not playing Fed Cup? Are you American?

Can't you see any further than that? Do I have to be American to dislike anyone who doesn't play Fed Cup??? If she wouldn't like playing in team competition is OK with me, anyone is free to do whatever they feel but then misteriously committing when the Olympics are getting close? That's quite...ironic, let's put it that way :rolleyes:

Maybe it is because I come from a country where our top players were 100% commited and reached 10 Fed Cup finals in less than 20 years when the calendar was even tighter and players played around 25 tournaments a year and still had time for Fed Cup.

Mistress of Evil
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
This tourney is straight away after Miami, isn't it? If so really dumb decision made by Ree.

Javi.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
No surprise. Spanish are known to be very racially insensitive. Why wouldn't you like a player who was nice to you when you met her? :help:
You are known to be retard :rolleyes:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM

I saw a thread with Serena's name in the title, so I had gone there out of curiosity. Also someone in the Serena forum ahd said that they talk some nasty things about Serena in there, that was another reason why I went in there ;)

spiceboy
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
You are known to be retard :rolleyes:

Actually, I have to agree with him. Compared to English-speaking countries we Spaniards are quite racially insensitive. That's not an insult and honestly this is true, I like the way you (Lucifer123) wrote it down :worship:

What I don't agree is saying that Spaniards are racist as this is just false.

BlameSerena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:45 AM

It's jealousy. Plain old jealousy.

Javi.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Actually, I have to agree with him. Compared to English-speaking countries we Spaniards are quite racially insensitive. That's not an insult and honestly this is true, I like the way you (Lucifer123) wrote it down :worship:

What I don't agree is saying that Spaniards are racist as this is just false.

I found that offensive and false, and brought from the most stupid cliche. How you dare to classify a whole country by an disgusting etiquette of racists? It's a shit that I don't accept.

spiceboy
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
I found that offensive and false, and brought from the most stupid cliche. How you dare to classify a whole country by an disgusting etiquette of racists? It's a shit that I don't accept.

That's actually what I meant, he didn't say Spaniards are racist, but racially insensitive and that is pretty accurate. Is not like everybody is like that but most of the society is like that, and this has nothing to do with being racist...

And of course, not everybody is like that, is like saying that Croats are tall or Venezuelan girls are beautiful, no big deal :p

spiceboy
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
It's jealousy. Plain old jealousy.

No, is not that. Most of the people there don't like her. Not everyone, though. Some people do.

Matt01
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
This tourney is straight away after Miami, isn't it? If so really dumb decision made by Ree.

Yes it is, and probably she has already committed to Charleston as well which is the week after Marbella :lol:

tennisbum79
Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Golovinjured. http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=16764650#post16764650)

I saw a thread with Serena's name in the title, so I had gone there out of curiosity. Also someone in the Serena forum ahd said that they talk some nasty things about Serena in there, that was another reason why I went in there ;)

You should not have to justfified why you visisted a forum on the internet.

Espanol, who took offense, has not denied what you stated.
Instead, s/he turned around and accused you smearing the entrire country.

Was it the Spanish olympic team that get in trouble at the 2008 Olympic for racially insensitive behavior?

ZODIAC
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM

you are contradicting yourself you said you dont like her attitude and the next thing you said she was nice to you:confused:make up your mind,its not like Anabel,Nuria,Jose Sanchez and Sanchez Navarro will ever have a Serena type of career.:p

ZODIAC
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Golovinjured. http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=16764650#post16764650)

You should not have to justfified why you visisted a forum on the internet.

Espanol, who took offense, has not denied what you stated.
Instead, s/he turned around and accused you smearing the entrire country.

Was it the Spanish olympic team that get in trouble at the 2008 Olympic for racially insensitive behavior?they made racist gestures:oagainst the chinese:mad:

SAEKeithSerena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
so how much is her appearance fee?

Aaric
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM

Oh yeah, when she threatened that Chinese girl at the USO
And yes, we hate Serena because she is black, nothing about her classless attitude or her unpolite and aggressive behaviour against some players :rolleyes:

dreamgoddess099
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM

A lot of other fans talk really nasty shit, because all they can do is talk.

dreamgoddess099
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM

Because he was expecting her to be mean, thereby validating his hate for her. Don't you just hate when someone you really want to hate gives you a reason to think they may not be so bad?

dreamgoddess099
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah, when she threatened that Chinese girl at the USO
And yes, we hate Serena because she is black, nothing about her classless attitude or her unpolite and aggressive behaviour against some players :rolleyes:

Typical shit said about black athletes. Same shit, new century.

Aaric
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:40 PM

:haha:
I´ve never ever tought that against Venus, Blake, TigerWoods...

sammy01
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM

yeah cus the serena forum isnt just a place where serena fans bitch about how the world hates serena and there just haterzzz :help:

ZODIAC
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
yeah cus the serena forum isnt just a place where serena fans bitch about how the world hates serena and there just haterzzz :help:
Chakky is not lactating thats why you are hating on Serena fans.:fiery::p

Matt01
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM

Serena certainly isn't a very good role model when it come to these things...

dreamgoddess099
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Serena certainly isn't a very good role model when it come to these things...

She's a great role model, because I said so.:p

Lennval
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
come on, spaniards and racism again and again? :yawn: it's boring, disgusting and absolutely FALSE :o

Lennval
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Conchita reina :hearts:

Ballbasher
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Serena should come to Stuttgart for once. :(

Matt01
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Serena should come to Stuttgart for once. :(

She's been there already several times. Not very successful, though :tape:

brickhousesupporter
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
She's been there already several times. Not very successful, though :tape:

Wow! I am always impressed when Serena fans remember her stats off the top of their heads.:worship:

BlameSerena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:46 PM

Actually when people start threads just to "hate" they have been deleted.

Golovinjured.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
:rolleyes:

iGOAT
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
People have a serious problem. I mean EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THREAD someone says something negative about Serena. Now who cares, it's called an opinion. But 6784639086534297689436 defensive trolls come in every team and start bashing those people faves and saying they must be racists. EVERY TIME. Just let it go people. And then the exact same people go bash on Safina, JJ, Sharapova, and whoever else happens to be playing well at that minute.

Anyhow, I don't know what Serena is thinking :unsure: better luck this year? Is JJ playing too?

Matt01
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Wow! I am always impressed when Serena fans remember her stats off the top of their heads.:worship:

Thanks, but I am a fan of tennis in general so I care about the results of ALL players and not only about a few selected players (like the WS fans do).

Bijoux0021
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Can't you see any further than that? Do I have to be American to dislike anyone who doesn't play Fed Cup??? If she wouldn't like playing in team competition is OK with me, anyone is free to do whatever they feel but then misteriously committing when the Olympics are getting close? That's quite...ironic, let's put it that way :rolleyes:

Maybe it is because I come from a country where our top players were 100% commited and reached 10 Fed Cup finals in less than 20 years when the calendar was even tighter and players played around 25 tournaments a year and still had time for Fed Cup.
Can't you see any further than "I don't like her attitude?" And you don't like that she doesn't play Fed Cup when you want her to? Yet she was nice to you when you met her and even agreed to take a picture with you. How disappointed you must had been she didn't tell you to go f**k yourself.

Roookie
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
Marbela 2010 final: Defending champion JJ def. Serena 7-6 7-6. Can't wait. :woohoo:

Olórin
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Lol!

iGOAT
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
Can't you see any further than "I don't like her attitude?" And you don't like that she doesn't play Fed Cup when you want her to? Yet she was nice to you when you met her and even agreed to take a picture with you. How disappointed you must had been she didn't tell you to go f**k yourself.
Can't you see the fact that not everyone has to like Serena?

Craig.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM

OMFG get a clue :weirdo:

barboza
Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Will Patty join this tournament :lol:

LightWarrior
Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:05 AM
Wow so Serena plays Marbella and this thread has been going on for ages. And no tournament until January. Seriously people, get a life...

Yorker
Nov 3rd, 2009, 03:57 AM
Wow so Serena plays Marbella and this thread has been going on for ages. And no tournament until January. Seriously people, get a life...

you just answered ur question

Arnian
Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:15 AM

lol so true

Bijoux0021
Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
Can't you see the fact that not everyone has to like Serena?
Oh, really? Thanks for telling me. I didn't know this. :rolleyes:

Illusionist
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
If it's again right after Miami, I doubt she'll do anything good in Marbella. Unless she loses early in Miami, which I doubt.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
means no IW next year...:shrug:

petrovator
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM

hmmmm Spiceboy is really a nasty nasty boy :drool:

btw Nice to see Serena in Marbella again, good job Conchita ;)

Serena y olé :bounce:

Wojtek
Nov 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
money, money, money

BlameSerena
Nov 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nmy90/b00nmxlx/Simon_Mayo_02_11_2009/

Great interview here. It starts a little less than halfway into the show.

Talula
Nov 3rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
I hope Serena does play there. Why? it is a gorgeous town and easy to get to from the UK. Plus it is a great facility, fabulous views of the court/players, right on the coast and 2 minutes walk from the beach, and so easy to attend if you're staying in town.

Please play there again Serena.

iGOAT
Nov 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Oh, really? Thanks for telling me. I didn't know this. :rolleyes:
So why do you throw a big fit over it then. Just move on :haha:.

Lulu.
Nov 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Please win it this time. :D

The Kaz
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Please win it this time. :D

She'll lose 1R to Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova this time :spit: