PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to say about the Williams Sisters?

LH2HBH
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
Is it now safe to say?

The days of low quality, error-strewn matches between the sisters are gone for now!

Since the start of 2008, they have had great match after great match! Including a few epics!

2008 Wimbledon F, 2008 US OPEN QF & 2009 Dubai SF come to mind!

Yeeeahhh bring it on!

Leo_DFP
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
The quality has improved a lot between them. Their matches used to be pathetic. Also, they are more likely these days to play 3-setters than they used to be, as most of their early matches were over in straight sets.

tonybotz
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
i don' think the quality has improved that much. i think the other matches by comparison are so bad that their matches appear better.

LH2HBH
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
i don' think the quality has improved that much. i think the other matches by comparison are so bad that their matches appear better.

so.... these matches are better quality than those matches.

tonybotz
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:13 PM
i'm being facetious. "better" is subjective and relative.

bandabou
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM
They're getting better and better. Nobody can deny that...of course it's still hard for them: Sisters are sisters.. but much better than any Russian vs Russian final, no?

Tennisstar86
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Did you SEE the match earlier in the week? I think its safe to say that they'll have good and bad matches....always

Babolatpro880
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM
Today's match was not good quality. The Wimbledon final and US Open quarterfinal last year were the best, and the quality of the matches between the two has improved, but today's certainly wasn't.

terjw
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
The quality has improved a lot between them. Their matches used to be pathetic. Also, they are more likely these days to play 3-setters than they used to be, as most of their early matches were over in straight sets.

Totally agree. Their matches in the old days were terrible affairs and one of the reasons for believing they were fixed. Their matches nowadays are far better and more competitive with both players looking like they want to win.

AnomyBC
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Are you trying to jinx them for the final? :lol:

EDIT: Oh, never mind, they played it already. Sorry, slept late today :lol: