PDA

View Full Version : serena playing next year?

n1ko0
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
jo durie just said on commentary "we dont even know if she'll be aloud to start the year next year"

can someone please explain to me why this is? im assuming its to do with the drama at USO

Keegan
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:53 PM
They believe she'll be banned from a slam due to her actions at the Open. I dunno if they're dumb enough to do that, but we'll see.

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
The ITF tribunal will announce their decision in the coming weeks (I assume). But as someone else said, it's too late to SUSPEND her for any significant period of time. I'm just assuming that she'll get a heavy fine, but I don't think she'll get suspended. The statute of limitations has expired. Not to mention the fact that she's played 2 events since then.

Although the ITF only deals w/ the majors, she WAS on the FedCup roster (which is an ITF sanctioned event). And I feel like if she was going to be suspended at all, she wouldn't have been allowed to play that event.

ShimSham
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
Has a player ranked no 1 or no 2, ever been banned before?

Vee Williams
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
I'm just assuming that she'll get a heavy fine, but I don't think she'll get suspended.

She will probably cover the fine with a portion of her $1.500.000 check from today.

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:27 PM
She will probably cover the fine with a portion of her $1.500.000 check from today.

I read that they might take it out of her bonus pool money.

hacberto
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
I just hope Serena doesn't get banned. A fine it's okay I mean she can pay it, but honestly she makes tennis interesting, she's like the ringleader

charmedRic
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:19 PM
A suspension? Please. If it were some crass repeat offense, maybe. But the ITF would really burn A LOT of bridges this way.

thrust
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:51 PM
No way will Serena be banned from the 2010 AO. The worst thing they could do, or consider to do, would be to take away her ranking points for the YEC. I doubt, however, they will do anything really severe or stupid.

LightWarrior
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:19 AM
No way will Serena be banned from the 2010 AO. The worst thing they could do, or consider to do, would be to take away her ranking points for the YEC.

YEC is a wta event, not itf.

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:58 AM
The ITF tribunal will announce their decision in the coming weeks (I assume). But as someone else said, it's too late to SUSPEND her for any significant period of time. I'm just assuming that she'll get a heavy fine, but I don't think she'll get suspended. The statute of limitations has expired. Not to mention the fact that she's played 2 events since then.

Although the ITF only deals w/ the majors, she WAS on the FedCup roster (which is an ITF sanctioned event). And I feel like if she was going to be suspended at all, she wouldn't have been allowed to play that event.

This is a lot of BS. Not saying she will be suspended, but those reasons have no bearing.

That being said, though, I do agree that allowing her to play gave the wrong message and if they were going to suspend her it should have been done right away. I can see that it would have been an extremely tough decision to suspend her for the Doubles Final at USO, but that was the right call if the incident calls for a suspension.