PDA

View Full Version : Doha F: S. Williams (USA) def. V. Williams (USA) 6-2, 7-6(4)

Keegan
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM
It was a fairly decent match I thought. The second set was so much better though, both players stood their ground very well.
Congratulations Serena, the cherry on top of quite a decent year, and she ends the year as No.1 :)
Good fight from Venus in the second set, but hopefully she comes back fit and ready for 2010 :).

azinna
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Too strong from Serena...
that last point :worship:

RenaSlam.
Undefeated YEC tournament from Serena :worship:

Much better second set. :worship:

The TRUE #1.

Uranium
Venus, your returns SUCK. Your backhand return is the worst I have seen:o
Great fight though.

MrSerenaWilliams
Good win Ree :hearts: I was really nervous @ 4-5 and 5-6 in the 2nd set.

Fantastic win to end a GREAT year for Ree :inlove:

Aaron.
Venus you break my heart :sobbing: Wimbledon final repeat :sobbing:

MBM
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
good quality match, finished with a nice fhcc by rena. ah well vee

Vaidisova
Serena :yeah:

FORZA SARITA
last pt :eek:
Congrats Serena,really saved this master:o
Venus :hug:

Fantasy Hero
Serena is the real world n°1, or at least the one who most deserves that spot now, 2 GS and the YEC :yeah:
i'm not a fan of her, but she deserved that one

MrSerenaWilliams
6+ million dollar year :bowdown:

Vee Williams
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Undefeated YEC tournament from Serena :worship:

Much better second set. :worship:

The TRUE #1.

It's only fitting that the world No. 1 is also the best player in the world. :worship:

Renalicious
Not a bad match. :) Well done. :D

Leads the H2H firmly now. :worship:

The real #1, obviously. :hearts:

FedererBulgaria
Serena was phenomenal in her serving games!

spencercarlos
Why not a hug in the end? :p

Nice match from what i saw in the last few games.

AkademiQ
Even with injury, fatigue, Serena shows she's the best. :worship:

Miss Amor
Wow, great match :bowdown: :bowdown: Serena was just striking the ball really really well. :D
:hug: Vee

tdot.
Damn, I wanted Venus to defend...:o
Congrats, Serena! :worship:

n1ko0
amazing serving from serena, great end to the year for her :)

winchester
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
No big surprise, congrats Serena. Venus can't even return a second serve:rolleyes::rolleyes: Serena won 5 or 6 loves games in the second set .:lol:

Elwin.
Great year for Serena :worship:

tae04
Yay! now win all the majors next year :-)

kiwifan
Any questions as to who the best player in women's tennis is...

...actually let's be honest, there hasn't been a real question about that (other than on Clay) for the last 10 years. :yeah: :yeah:

:cool:

Ballbasher
Venus :hug: Congrats Serena! :D

Renalicious
:lol: @ Serena laughing and saying that she finally won a non-slam tournament.

jefrilibra
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Serena was just too awesome. Her serves were out of this world. It's a better match than I expected from both of them.

Now get your $$$$$$ Williams ladies!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

olivero
well done! :)
what a great season! 2 GSs + YEC + year end #1 :worship:

tucker1989
Surprisingly good match from both, especially in the second set and especially Serena. Those serves and returns totally won it for her today

Vee Williams

...actually let's be honest, there hasn't been a real question about that (other than on Clay) for the last 10 years. :yeah: :yeah:

There were attempts to argue against this, but all resistance to accept the truth is futile!

Feyd
At least the right player won in the end in this terrible tournament.

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM
50-12 year :bowdown::yeah:

Michael!
:o
What a terrible match from Venus, her return was aweful, Serena made 89% of the points on 1st serve and 82% on 2nd serve, not one BP, not even close to a BP, that was really weak!
The 2nd set was a bit closer, but Venus never had a real chance her..with such a play, she just wouldnt have deserved it anyway!
1st set was aweful like "I had to fight against JJ, to make sure that one sisters wins it, now I dont have to fight anymore, one Williams will win, that is enough", 2nd set was, as I said, a bit better, but still disappointing!

Well, she reached the final, better than expected, and she had some great fights at least, but her game wasnt really impressive, way too inconsistent, weak 2nd serve....she has to do a lot of work if she wants to be able to win some bigger tournaments next year!

Sexysova
good match, awesome play from Serena, congrats! :)

good finish of the season, Vee :hug:

kiwifan

Now, that's what I'm talking about!!! :angel: :devil: :angel: :angel:

doni1212
Good job Serena!! Player of the year, year end number one, 2 more slams and even more in 2010!! Can't wait to enjoy the ride again, :banana:

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:49 PM
Venus just can't get many points on Serena's serves, reminded me a lot of Wimbledon. Nice second set from both :)

Congrats to Serena for a great season!

John.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Serena

Great effort from Venus.

Here's to more titles in 2010 for both

The Daviator
YES! :banana: :woohoo: The real #1 ends the year in style :worship: 2nd YEC, and 3rd big title of '09, now rest up and rule 2010 too :D

Vee :hug: Good result after going 0-2, but Rena was too strong.

BuTtErFrEnA
:worship: :worship: the best! undefeated!!!!

now what's the new knock against serena....slams and non slam 3/6 big events :worship:

V-MAC
Congrats Serena - great play out there today and just too good;)

Vee - it has been a crazy week:lol: Great effort in that second set though. Rest up well for next year:bounce:

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Kind of surprised by the outcome for me actually.:p
Anyway, Serena :bowdown: :spit: @ her saying she won something else which isn't a grand lam.:lol: :worship:
and congrats on becoming YE No. 1:yeah:

AkademiQ
Her non-slam losing streak is over. Good news keep on piling up for Serena.

Stamp Paid
That match point.
Serena, what a boss.
http://i38.tinypic.com/11m5ie8.gif

Dexter
Congrats Serena, great way to end the year. :yeah:

Leo_DFP
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
OMG this trophy presentation. :o The best is the people suspended from wires and swinging tennis rackets like they are swatting flies.

Rex59
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Venus blows too many easy exchanges, putting herself into a needless hole. Inexcusable to miss that backhand in the tiebreak, down 2-0, then DFing. However, this is not an aberration for she does this quite often, in this match and other matches, as well, being her own worst enemy. Nevertheless, playing on a gimpy leg and miraculously surviving to the final, thanks to some help by Svetlana, is a nice achievement.

youizahoe
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:52 PM
If you think the final sucked, the ceremony isn't any better either :rolls:

Andreas
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:53 PM
Thank god :inlove: So happy that Serena won - she is the true no. 1!
Looking forward to seeing if she can play better outside the bigger tournaments in 2010 :D
Now some well deserved rest before the exo match with Caro - if it happens.

tonybotz
Serena Williams: The SEWTA Six Million Dollar Woman :bounce::bounce::worship:

sammy01
good that the better siter won, didnt bother watching, but glad serena at least held it together at the YEC when all else around was a mess

Aaron.
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Venus..you would think after all these times you played Serena you would be used to her serve. STAND BACK FURTHER..smh. I have never seen so many Love service games in my life

Igor_Biscan
Well done Serena, clearly the best player in the world. Venus had a better tournament than I expected and put up a decent fight in the second set but Serena was comfortably the better player for the whole match.

Willam
what's the big deal, it's not like vee actually deserved to be in the SFs.

ElusiveChanteuse
If you think the final sucked, the ceremony isn't any better either :rolls:

They tied the trophy at the sky.:eek: :speakles:

AkademiQ
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
That match point.
Serena, what a boss.
http://i38.tinypic.com/11m5ie8.gif

Serena wasn't going to let up and give anything away. She earned this year and earned this title. It's what champs do.

Talula
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Well, it wasn't gifted by Serena after all. I eat my words!

I really do look forward to Australia. I have a feeling Serena will be out to prove an awful lot!

Aaron.
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
what's the big deal, it's not like vee actually deserved to be in the SFs. explain please..Venus was 2nd best in her group :shrug: Why do people keep making stupid comments like this :weirdo: If anyone Jankovic didnt deserve to be in the SFs

Sexysova
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:59 PM
xH4MQveUnIw

égalité
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
amaze second set :inlove:

too bad venus couldn't win more than 3 points on serena's serve :tears:

harloo
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Congrats babygirl!!! You earned that title, undefeated throughout the tournament!!!

RenaSlam.
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:03 PM
:worship:

Elated for her.

youizahoe
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Serena looking for how much she got on that cheque, found the number, followed by a big smile :rolls:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

spencercarlos
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
50-12 year :bowdown::yeah:
Its not that great of a record honestly, compared even to Justine´s 2007. But Serena certainly gaves her best at the slams and consiering how bad her recent YEC had been she ended the year playing tremendously and wuth the year end on the back.

ce
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
good second set,serena :dance:

Marshmallow
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Serena :bigclap: Best player all week, deserving winner, and formidable play in the final.

The YEC result adds some much needed respectability to the WTA. The Champion and season ending number one and winner of the most slams this year sitting at the top. Can’t argue with that at all.

Also good for Serena who has been getting knocks left right and centre for everything but her tennis - as usual. They can’t knock her tennis so they knock everything else (opposite for Vee). You can’t knock her tennis, hands down best player of the generation – also fitting that the most dominant player of the decade wins the last big title of the decade.

Venus :hug: Making the final was a good achievement considering her form coming in. How many predicted Venus would make the finals from the Maroon group considering who she was losing too since Stanford.

Valiant effort from her to push that second set to a tiebreak with Serena playing at such a high standard. Venus making a few too many errors but she played at a good level. I was proud of her efforts, proud of her mental toughness not just in todays match with Serena piling on so much pressure, but all week – Venus got tougher in matches over time and showed great strength in her last 3 matches. Also impressed by her play, although a bit too patchy – today she gave us drop hot and lob winners along with stunning winners to add to everything else she showed this week. When Venus plays well… :drool:

Overall, decent match – excellent second set.

Team Williams :worship:

Vaidisova Ruled
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Congrats Serena. I hope she won't be losing at the non slam events next year because she needs to stay #1

Dodoboy.
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Great year! Great match! Great payout!

Well done to both. Vee :hug:

Tiebreak record :crying2: Jesus Christ! Offseason work on that BH RETURN and PLAY BARE TIEBREAKS!

youizahoe
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM
If you see Serena's record at the 5 most important tournaments of the year :

AUSTRALIAN OPEN 7-0
FRENCH OPEN 4-1
WIMBLEDON 7-0
US OPEN 5-1
YEC 5-0

=28/2 = 93.3%

spencercarlos
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM

2007? 2006? 2005? 2004? 2003? 2001? 2000? hmmm... :p

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:13 PM
serena has now beaten her sister in every major final :worship:

LUXXXAS
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:14 PM
wow congrats to Serena :bowdown:
2 slams, YEC and No. 1 :D

moby
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
The better Williams won. Congratulations, Serena.
(I hope next year will be tougher for you though. :))

Thanks for keeping Venus at 41 titles. Venus had 1.5 years on Justine and still couldn't overtake her! :D

Infiniti2001
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Venus, Venus :( Love you though. Rest up for next year :)

Avid Merrion
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:16 PM
:worship: Well done, Serena!! :D

Now it's time for a well earned rest, she looked absolutely knackered at the end of that :awww:

bandabou
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM
Congrats to babygirl! Nice..she now has won all the biggest titles in tennis, except RG, at least twice in her career! :woohoo:

Too bad for Vee, but not much you can do with Serena playing this well.

4th straight win for Serena, after people started to wonder if she'd ever beat Venus again.

young_gunner913
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
COME ON SERENA!! :hearts:

So happy that you took another title this year. :D
Venus :sobbing::hug: Great job on reaching the finals.

new-york
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Great to see Serena at the top.:D

There shouldn't be anyone else in that position. Nice work. :yeah:
Some great serving but an impressive and powerful ground game as well.
Congrats.:worship:

Venus.
Well, can't help being disappointed, a very disappointing season, missing the big opportunities.
I really don't know what to expect next year, win Wimbledon please.
I'll be there, supporting as always, no matter what happens.
Cool wins over Jelly and Svety. :)

serenafann
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
YAYYY!! I AM SO HAPPY :bounce:Well done Serena what a great end to the year. I Love You so much :).YOU RULE,and are the Queen of Tennis :worship: :worship: Now rest up,and have a happy off season.

Good try Venus,you are classy and sweet,I love you too :). You rest up and also have a happy off season.

Ryan
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
WD Serena. :bowdown: Really ended the tourney the way it should have ended - 2 Slams, YE #1, and YEC. Venus winning would have been really anti-climactic IMO, since she's really had a subpar year.

Serena in '10? What will the even year bring for her? ;)

Vlover
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:26 PM
Serena :bigclap: Best player all week, deserving winner, and formidable play in the final.

The YEC result adds some much needed respectability to the WTA. The Champion and season ending number one and winner of the most slams this year sitting at the top. Can’t argue with that at all.

Also good for Serena who has been getting knocks left right and centre for everything but her tennis - as usual. They can’t knock her tennis so they knock everything else (opposite for Vee). You can’t knock her tennis, hands down best player of the generation – also fitting that the most dominant player of the decade wins the last big title of the decade.

Venus :hug: Making the final was a good achievement considering her form coming in. How many predicted Venus would make the finals from the Maroon group considering who she was losing too since Stanford.

Valiant effort from her to push that second set to a tiebreak with Serena playing at such a high standard. Venus making a few too many errors but she played at a good level. I was proud of her efforts, proud of her mental toughness not just in todays match with Serena piling on so much pressure, but all week – Venus got tougher in matches over time and showed great strength in her last 3 matches. Also impressed by her play, although a bit too patchy – today she gave us drop hot and lob winners along with stunning winners to add to everything else she showed this week. When Venus plays well… :drool:

Overall, decent match – excellent second set.

Team Williams :worship:
Great assessment as usual Marsh and I totally concur! Congratulations to Serena!:yeah: Fitting that she followed in her sister's footsteps and win undefeated.;) Anyway as Pam said, order has been finally restored on the WTA once again. After the fiasco for the past year the WTA can now honestly say they have a undisputed #1 world champion without snickers and sarcasm.

Both girls can now go home, relax and heal for next season. Enjoy!

AndreConrad
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah:
Serena won being the stronger player today. The exhaustion was visible on both; they deserve kudos for putting up a good fight despite their tiredness

Galsen
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM
Serena won outside a GS :eek:
she was surprised :rolls:

VishaalMaria
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM
The better Williams won. Congratulations, Serena.
(I hope next year will be tougher for you though. :))

Thanks for keeping Venus at 41 titles. Venus had 1.5 years on Justine and still couldn't overtake her! :D

And I'm sure Venus sleeps, eats, and breathes her 7-2 "rivalry" against Justine.

Like, whatever.
:rolleyes:

iPatty
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
I hope this will end these speculations about how horrible the ranking system is. Serena ended the season rightly with a sizeable lead at #1. That number just wouldn't look right beside any other name when the year-end rankings are published. As much as I can't stand the aura she gives out and her attitude, there is no denying she is the best woman tennis player in the world by far. Congratulations to Serena and her fans and here's to seeing more good tennis from her in 2010 (outside the major tournaments too, maybe?). ;)

Dave.
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Well done Serena. Fitting that she got her 2nd YEC to go with her 2nd Year-End No.1. :yeah:

Good effort from Venus to get to the finals after a difficult start to the tournament.

serena has now beaten her sister in every major final :worship:

I love how the YEC is now a major final, when before non-slam events were nothing. :lol: btw, they haven't played the Olympics final yet. ;)

Emina.
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
Congrats Serena! :yeah: :cool:

Congrats Venus! great tournament! ;):)

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM
the yec were a major non slam event, just like miami :shrug: i don't get your point....most serena fans have included it as a major hence we always wanted serena to win it, but it wasn't the same as if she lost a slam :shrug: but i guess you have to nit pick so go ahead

дalex
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Serena :hearts:

Acinolbaj
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM
congratz Serena, with winning the AO 2009 and now Doha, you began great and finished the season great;)

Radix2
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Serena was just too good for Venus. Perfect ending to a great year for the number # player.

Good tournment for Venus, I really did not expect her to make it to the finals.

Now they both need to be healthy for 2010.

youizahoe
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
1st wta title since 2008 :lol:

Galsen
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
1st wta title since 2008 :lol:

:bounce:

Dave.
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:26 PM
the yec were a major non slam event, just like miami :shrug: i don't get your point....most serena fans have included it as a major hence we always wanted serena to win it, but it wasn't the same as if she lost a slam :shrug: but i guess you have to nit pick so go ahead

Not nitpicking, just saying, I thought according to you the "major non-slam events" (YEC, OG, IW, Miami, Beijing, Madrid) were meaningless. But at least you agree they are important now, it's good.

Morrissey
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Venus sucks as usual she is NOT Serena's rival. Thank goodness Kim Clijsters showed Serena she is not afraid of her when she blasted Serena at the US OPEN in September. The Belgians are the only ones that can really challenge Serena.

freeandlonely
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:37 PM
congrats Serena, deserved

The Dawntreader
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
Nice litlle battle. Enjoyed the second set a lot actually.

Both started slugglishly, with injuries probably quite a factor in this. Venus looked very ungainly moving out-wide to the backhand, and Serena obviously exploited this well. Lovely raking, but clean drives that got Venus into an impossible defensive position as early as possible. Aided with such security on serve, she really looked quite impressive. Her forehand was error-free for the most part, which really accentuated her first set.

Second set for me, was inevitably going to get much tighter. Venus started serving better, and that was a crucial element to an increase in the quality. There was a period even early in the second set, where it looked as though Venus's second serve would just be dismissed every time. Thankfully on hert part and for the match, she started throwing in serves with distinctly more variety and depth, and thus gave her a good basis in which to try and threaten Serena more. Her forehand that lscked any sort of timing or purpose in the first set, began to get a bit more imaginative too. Closer to the lines and catching Serena in awkward angles in the court.

The Tiebreak started on Serena's terms, and finished the same way. That 5-1 lead mini-choke was possibly going to develop into a thrilling finale, but Serena upped her attack and the match flew back into her hands again. That final forehand really summed up her performance really.

Tough loss obviously for Venus, but i think she can be encouraged by most of her play this week. Her semi against Jankovic and her second set against Serena in the final, showed some real intent and resilence that was severely missing in the run up to the YEC, and even in the early stages of the tournament. A nice close to her season really.

What can you say about Serena? I was impressed with her all week, and the results backed up my impression of her play. Superb performance and what a way to bookend her year, alongside the two Slams. Wonderful.

vwfan
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:51 PM
:worship: :worship: the best! undefeated!!!!

now what's the new knock against serena....slams and non slam 3/6 big events :worship:that she has annoying fans, like you!:lol:

congtats Serena. good tournament!

!Gio!
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
I am a little upset because I did want Venus to turn her season around and to finally get a good win against Serena but I am also happy for Serena as she deserved to win and as she proved this week that she really is the number one player, no questions asked!
Better luck next time Vee, I am sure you will come back stronger next year and your real fans will always love you no matter what!
It was 11 years ago in Bradenton, FL that I met Vee, that she signed my tennis ball, took a picture with me and she told me that in the end of the day nothing made her more happy than playing for her fans, I instantly fell in love and have supported her as one of my all time faves ever since.
I love you Vee!!!:)

winone23
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
Congrats Serena!

Alex03Maccy
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:54 PM
2nd set showed that Vee still has what it takes but Rena is the best in the world by a distance.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Venus sucks as usual she is NOT Serena's rival. Thank goodness Kim Clijsters showed Serena she is not afraid of her when she blasted Serena at the US OPEN in September. The Belgians are the only ones that can really challenge Serena.
Wow, I see you are in need of attention. :rolleyes:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Fantastic match! Well played by both girls.

Both were obviously suffering but fought through the pain togive a thoroughly entertaining finish to the YEC. Some great rallies in that match and great fight from Venus, who seemed to always be finishing her service games and then starting her next service game about 2 mins later.

Serena's serves and returns were incredible. She served like a master in the second set. She didn't want to hang around and was very aggressive off the ground. Venus did really well to get it to a 2nd set tiebreaker.

A hugely entertaining match and a great way to end the year.

Good luck in 2010 ladies. I hope you both achieve more success next season!

-VSR-
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM
Congrats Serena! :bowdown:

Poor Venus! :(

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:19 PM
Not nitpicking, just saying, I thought according to you the "major non-slam events" (YEC, OG, IW, Miami, Beijing, Madrid) were meaningless. But at least you agree they are important now, it's good.

you're an ass...i exclude Olympics because not everyone may be eligible and it is only NOW gaining steam as an olympic event...even andy roddick chose to miss them

IW was never important since it only became mandatory for women this year and top players regularly skipped it to get ready for miami

Miami was always important and sometimes called the 5th slam as it was mandatory for men and women and had the same sort of excitement found at a slam

Beijing isn't important...it's another attempt to get all top players to play in tournies they wouldn't usually play

YEC was and is important much like how I view miami...it's a big non slam...but as I said, a loss at the YEC is not as heartbreaking as a loss at a slam...

but as i began by saying...you're an ass

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
that she has annoying fans, like you!:lol:

congtats Serena. good tournament!

:rolls: better be me than the other idiots in your fanbase :lol: thanks for the compliment

RVD
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:39 PM
"Ladies and gentlemen...presenting the The Alpha and the Omega of the WTA." :bounce:

And that's how two "active" legendary players should end the year. :worship:

Serena this is why I'm a fan of yours. You frequently demonstrate what it takes to be a champion by not bowing to the masses, and doing it your way. You are a champion in every sense of the word, and I will be a fan even after you retire (in 5 years). :lol:

Venus, STILL has a champion heart and soul. She will continue winning even when others count her out. And that's the definition of a competitive spirit and champion soul. Not only that, but you are a natural born leader Vee. :worship:

The WTA needs to pay attention and give thanks to the 2009 Queens of the WTA. :cool:

Respect baby. Respect.

Dave.
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:08 PM
you're an ass...i exclude Olympics because not everyone may be eligible and it is only NOW gaining steam as an olympic event...even andy roddick chose to miss them

IW was never important since it only became mandatory for women this year and top players regularly skipped it to get ready for miami

Miami was always important and sometimes called the 5th slam as it was mandatory for men and women and had the same sort of excitement found at a slam

Beijing isn't important...it's another attempt to get all top players to play in tournies they wouldn't usually play

YEC was and is important much like how I view miami...it's a big non slam...but as I said, a loss at the YEC is not as heartbreaking as a loss at a slam...

I won't stoop to your level.

lol, you still don't get it. I never said the yec or wta events were as important as slams, never. I was just bringing up you're previous stance that non-slam tourneys are meaningless. It was funny seeing you change that all of a sudden.

Miami was not mandatory until this year either like IW, Beijing and Madrid.

Uranium
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
:rolls: better be me than the other idiots in your fanbase :lol: thanks for the compliment

You were one less than 9 months ago:weirdo: Before you become the bitter, TWAT bitch you are today:)

Mrs. Peel
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Of course, I wanted Venus to defend but Serena, when she wants it, she fights tooth and nail. She is GOAT. :worship: She does some amazing stuff out there.

I am happy that Venus made it to the Final! She fought hard and then had to meet her greatest rival, her sister in the final. A triumph either way! Not bad for some washed up players :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Congrats Serena!!!!
Congrats Venus!!!!
Congrats Williams Family!!!

Mrs. Peel
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM
"Ladies and gentlemen...presenting the The Alpha and the Omega of the WTA." :bounce:

Serena this is why I'm a fan of yours. You frequently demonstrate what it takes to be a champion by not bowing to the masses, and doing it your way. You are a champion in every sense of the word, and I will be a fan even after you retire (in 5 years). :lol:

Venus, STILL has a champion heart and soul. She will continue winning even when others count her out. And that's the definition of a competitive spirit and champion soul. Not only that, but you are a natural born leader Vee. :worship:

The WTA needs to pay attention and give thanks to the 2009 Queens of the WTA. :cool:

Respect baby. Respect.

This

sweetpeas
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM
explain please..Venus was 2nd best in her group Why do people keep making stupid comments like this If anyone Jankovic didnt deserve to be in the SFs

So right!!!!!!!thanks..Love both ladies,dearly...:wavey::bounce::kiss::lol::D:cool: :):worship:

Olórin
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
Miami was not mandatory until this year either like IW, Beijing and Madrid.

Miami was mandatory before this year, a factor which set it apart from inferior tournaments such as Beijing and Madrid.

Craig.
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM

And you're a little rude, don't you think? :weirdo:

SAEKeithSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:44 PM
6+ million dollar year :bowdown:
isn't that amazing?

congratulations on such a great year Serena. am proud to be fan...i wish you the best in the offseason:kiss:

Brooklyn90
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:58 PM
Well done Serena :D Great way to end a fantastic year :yeah:

Morrissey
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Venus sucks but next year will be better the Belgians will challenge and BEAT Serena next year.

spartanfan
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Ditto.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM
morrissey what is your issue....damn. :lol: :haha:

rucolo
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats on YEC title, Serena!:D:banana::banana::banana:

Serena is the true deserving #1!:yeah:

Finished the match with a forehand winner.
Great play from Serena, especially in set 1.;)
Many strong forehand winners.

5 Aces, no DF.
Serve worked well:
1st serve points won: 31 of 35 (89%)
2nd serve points won: 14 of 17 (82%)

After Wimbledon Final another sweet win over Venus.:drool:

Very impressive YEC: All 5 matches won!

It was an amazing year 2009 for Serena:
AusOpen champion, Wimbledon champion, YEC champion and year-end #1!!! :speakles::bowdown:

Serena is such a fighter, without any doubt the BEST PLAYER EVER!:D:worship:

Babsi Schett said after the match:
"When she has a good day, Serena is unbeatable!":hearts:

AkademiQ
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
Venus sucks but next year will be better the Belgians will challenge and BEAT Serena next year.

:haha: you're funny. Today hurt you a lot, hell this whole Vee year :hug: Congrats again Serena. She'll be the target for sure next year but we'll see what happens. Exciting!

Ntosake
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM
I just had the chance to watch, and for me, this was an entertaining, competitive match, Ladies!

You were the last ones standing---you were pretty banged up, but like the Champions you are, you both showed up and gave what you had left, and that's all anyone should ask.

Congrats, Serena, and what a great ending to the year for you.

Love you Venus, keep on fighting, no matter what.

Nothing but Love and Best Wishes for both of you for 2010!

Bijoux0021
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:05 PM
I just finished watching the match on TTC. I didn't even realize it was taped. I missed it live. Congrats to Serena. Do better next year, Venus.

bandabou
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Serena was too good..when serving like that it becomes even more difficult to beat her. Nice way to finish the year.
Sure the Belgians are coming back..but it's all good. Serena never runs away from a challenge soo..

hotandspicey
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Nice way for both ladies to end the year. Congtrats to Rena on being super terrific! :bounce: Vee did well. Nothing to be ashamed of. Doubles title at 3 majors, plus olympic gold, 2 titles, and 2 major finals... over half the tour would like to trade places. :D

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Congrats Se-Re-Re!

Vee :hug:

FactsPlease
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Congrats Se-Re-Re!

Vee :hug:

Can't wait until Justine is back and Kim starts playing again - that'll put an end to this bullshit right quick. :lol:

cn ireland
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats Serena:yeah:!

Great effort from Venus to get to the final:)!

Its just a shame that it was such a poor match:(!

RVD
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:38 PM
Serena was too good..when serving like that it becomes even more difficult to beat her. Nice way to finish the year.
Sure the Belgians are coming back..but it's all good. Serena never runs away from a challenge soo..Some posters are using this like it's some sort of threat. :haha: :haha:
Serena was whooping Justine's ass before she scuttled away and quittedededededededed. :spit:

I'm VERY interested in what 2010 will bring with the so-called rivals back. As it is, Kim's return was wonderful, but would have been even better had the officials not "assisted" her and gifted her a win.
As far as Justine...
Hopefully she took some ethics classes while she was away and now knows that a champion doesn't lie or cheat in order to win. That a champion wins on, and through, and by, her own positive merits.

is1531
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:39 PM
I am not a fan of Serena, but she is the best. She could easily be the best ever. Give credit where credit is due and God will reward you.

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Can't wait until Justine is back and Kim starts playing again - that'll put an end to this bullshit right quick. :lol:

I don't understand. Why are you quoting me? LOL

I could really give two squirrel turds about JuJu atm....so fuck off before I get pissed!

Sylsyl
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
I was wishing to see the whole match, I picked it up at 5-2 [tie break]. Very good match point from Serena! :)

cellophane
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:49 PM
Good job Serena...

Nickk
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:05 PM
I have to accept that Venus actually is nothing but the other Williams:sad:

manu32
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM
Bravo serena you are the best ..great match ...

Stop with the belgians!!No "belges" in YEC....

Tired of this BS ....

Please open a thread for B....non players in this event..that's pathetic.....

Lulu.
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:24 PM
Congratulations Serena. :D

Awesome way to end the year winning a huge non slam tournament and ending the year as the #1 player again rightfully so. Can't wait for next year!

Marshmallow
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:24 PM
Great assessment as usual Marsh and I totally concur! Congratulations to Serena!:yeah: Fitting that she followed in her sister's footsteps and win undefeated.;) Anyway as Pam said, order has been finally restored on the WTA once again. After the fiasco for the past year the WTA can now honestly say they have a undisputed #1 world champion without snickers and sarcasm.

Both girls can now go home, relax and heal for next season. Enjoy!

Thanks Vlover. Still majorly proud of Venus for her efforts at this YEC and hope after the much needed rest, she can build on this and come back stronger 2010. And have nothing but Kudos for Serena; who has MANAGED WHAT VENUS DID LAST YEC, to GO 5-0.

Have to sing a little more praise for Vee because she spent the most time on court this YEC, 4 of her 5 matches were greulling 3 setters (physically and emotionally taxing), a fact that's been overshadowed by all the talk about little miss Danish sunshine; the 'spring chicken' that was spent after Round Robin while over the hill Venus on one leg gave you 2 great matches after. Yeah a little shady, but Venus really gave this YEC A LOT. I'm SO proud of her.

Respect baby. Respect.

:bigclap: :worship: It can't be said any better. Really like this post. Thanx RVD :bigclap:

FactsPlease
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:37 PM
Some posters are using this like it's some sort of threat. :haha: :haha:
Serena was whooping Justine's ass before she scuttled away and quittedededededededed. :spit:

Justine whipped Serena's ass in three straight Grand Slam quarter-finals (with Serena whining with her typical poor sportsmanship excuses after each one).

Other than three GS ass-whippings, yeah, you're right - Serena was really dominant over Justine. :lol::lol:.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:39 PM
7 > 6
11>>>>>>>>>7

don't think there's any question...which banned troll are you who appeared just to bash serena :lol:

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
Justine whipped Serena's ass in three straight Grand Slam quarter-finals (with Serena whining with her typical poor sportsmanship excuses after each one).

Other than three GS ass-whippings, yeah, you're right - Serena was really dominant over Justine. :lol::lol:.

SERENA WILLIAMS is the 2009 season ending champion. JUJU IS NOT.

sky20748
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
Venus will always be in Serenas shadow and I say this as Venus fan.It just amazes me she dont give the full fight like she does the other girls.I hope Venus that you take a page from your sister in the mental toughness dept.And what the hell are your coaches working on with you please i would love to know.because you have become even more erractic.

V's a star
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:43 AM
awww poor Vee cud barley serve today with her knee. 1st serves were shit. She needed to serve very well to have a chance against Serena whos was on fire.

But all in all im very happy she made it to the finals right wen everybody wanted to write her off yet again. Just stop the hatin yall.
She made it to the finals with a really bad knee and kept her comitments to the other tournaments eventhough she shouldnt have. Cant wait for Venus to be healthy hopefully the off season is enough time

RVD
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:17 AM
Thanks Vlover. Still majorly proud of Venus for her efforts at this YEC and hope after the much needed rest, she can build on this and come back stronger 2010. And have nothing but Kudos for Serena; who has MANAGED WHAT VENUS DID LAST YEC, to GO 5-0.

Have to sing a little more praise for Vee because she spent the most time on court this YEC, 4 of her 5 matches were greulling 3 setters (physically and emotionally taxing), a fact that's been overshadowed by all the talk about little miss Danish sunshine; the 'spring chicken' that was spent after Round Robin while over the hill Venus on one leg gave you 2 great matches after. Yeah a little shady, but Venus really gave this YEC A LOT. I'm SO proud of her.

:bigclap: :worship: It can't be said any better. Really like this post. Thanx RVD :bigclap:My pleasure Marshmallow. :wavey:
I GREATLY enjoyed your posts as well. I just can't give you enough good reps. :lol:

Diesel
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Serena :worship:

Bijoux0021
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
Some posters are using this like it's some sort of threat. :haha: :haha:

I'm VERY interested in what 2010 will bring with the so-called rivals back. As it is, Kim's return was wonderful, but would have been even better had the officials not "assisted" her and gifted her a win.
As far as Justine...
Hopefully she took some ethics classes while she was away and now knows that a champion doesn't lie or cheat in order to win. That a champion wins on, and through, and by, her own positive merits.
Well said.

SoClose
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Venus :sad::sad::sad:
Congrats. Serena !!! :banana::banana::banana:

bandabou
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Juju who??? The one that retired?? Why not just say that with Graf and Monica and Martina N playing NOBODY else wins anything?!