PDA

View Full Version : Do you think FedCup should give points UNTILL it remains on the same date as Bali?

Fantasy Hero
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Bali's winner gets 600 points, don't you think players who prefer to "work" for their own country deserve more respect and some points too?

terjw
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:19 PM
No. I don't think you should get any ranking points for Fed Cup.

But I think one of the requirements for getting into the HOF should be a large number of TBD Fed Cup appearances and wins.

shirgan
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:26 PM
I think just for this occasion pennetta should be compensated somehow. I hope they will have the sense not to schedule events like this next time

Fantasy Hero
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM
fed cup and bali are sheduled again on the same week next year :spit:

Uranium
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
No. But Fed Cup should not be the same week as ANY event.

shirgan
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
fed cup and bali are sheduled again on the same week next year :spit:
really ? :eek: :tape:

Leo_DFP
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM
No, they should just change the date! But they're idiots.

KournikovaFan91
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
Bali should be this week with the proper YEC after Bali and then Fed Cup the week after, that would make more sense.

Fantasy Hero
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
No. But Fed Cup should not be the same week as ANY event.

i agree with you all but i mean untill these retardeds who rule the WTA keeps on putting Bali the same week as fed cup

shirgan
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
In the 2010 schedule both Bali and fed cup dates are marked as "dates subject to change" so maybe they will change it eventually? :shrug:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=394503

The Board reviewed a request to award ranking points to any player qualifying for both the 2009 Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions and the Fed Cup Final, who elects to play in the Fed Cup Final. Various options were reviewed with the Players’ Council, based on the feedback received, no change was recommended for 2009, therefore, no ranking points will be awarded in 2009 for players electing to play in the Fed Cup Final over the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions. Discussions on a potential solution for 2010 are continuing.

Fantasy Hero
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
i know wta already did its choice...but i wanted to know what people here thought :p