PDA

View Full Version : Doha SF: Venus Williams def. Jelena Jankovic 5-7, 6-3, 6-4

Ferg
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:20 PM
Looooovely result. Venus played great in patches. JJ wouldve disgraced Wozniacki with her pushing today. And all that drama between her and Asderaki. :tape: Dont wait 20 seconds to challenge then complain when you arent allowed.

Netcord on MP :hearts:

Hope Vee's knee is ok for later. :sad:

Julian.
Another tight 3rd setter between these 2.

Into the YEC final for 2nd straight year! Defend your title Vee!! :bounce:

JJ :hug:

RenaSlam.
Awesome. :worship:

Now Serena, do your part.

s_j
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:21 PM
I really thought Jankovic was going to snatch the win away from Venus in that final set - the girls were breaking serve left, right and centre! Congratulations to Williams for hanging tough and clawing out the victory. I hope she isn't too injured... Let's hope she recovers well for the final (which will most likely be against little sis, Serena!) Jelena had her chances but she seemed more concerned with moaning about calls and deciding whether to challenge or not! (Poor Coach.)

SVK
Venus shouldn´t retire yet

But this first DF in last game:spit::haha:

Tennisstar86
Hot Mess.... but Ill take it... lol

Stamp Paid
the fucking Venus Williams :lol:
Jelena :zzz:

Andreas
Won the match on a fucking net cord :weirdo:
I hope Serena wins this tournament.

bmxbandit

Seriously, wtf was she aiming for?

Russianboy
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:22 PM
both were awful :help::lol:

M.P
how lucky she is

Ferg
43-49 for Vee
17-34 for JJ

tucker1989
Now Jelena can STFU about her winning record against Venus

Vee Williams
43 winners from Venus :)

mykarma
the fucking Venus Williams :lol:
Jelena :zzz:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

olivero
netcord :bigcry:
Jeca you're an idiot :hug:
Venus' 2nd serves in the last game were hilarious

jimbo mack
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:23 PM
well done venus, all that fighting you did in the round robins (even tho u lost 2) eventually paid off :)

saul1333
Funny match:lol: sad ending with the net

:hug: JJ

van£ss
I'm glad she made it to the final ! Win it all now Vee :kiss:

DragonFlame
What a fluke that third set was... -_- Such crap quality.

That last game :help: 2 DF, 4 unforced errors, unreturned serve and a netcord winner from both... I really couldn't watch that.

Anyway... as expected venus goes on. Now the wozniacki demolition...

Patrick345
Jelena finished the year how she started it: with a pathetic display. And in between it was more of the same. What a shitty performance. :rolleyes:

I can´t believe Venus is in the final. I´d bet a lot of money, she wouldn´t have done that against the Bali field. :lol::lol:

Sammm
:woohoo: Go, Venus go!

tdot.
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:24 PM
I couldn't watch this match because of the slow live stream. Blessing in disguise? :tape:

BuTtErFrEnA
:tape:

after only 1 win in the RR

Inger67
I LOVE YOU VENUS! :) :) 5-5 H2H! Woohoo! Last two straight! And a year ago today was the last time she beat her in 3 sets in the YEC! :woohoo: :bolt:

Kampi
Congrats Venus.:worship::):worship: Better no words for the undisputed queen of wasting Jelena. Go home and get yourself some "balls" and a better forehand. Want to see...finally want to see some real improvements in 2010. Otherwise she won't win any BIG titles. Same old sad story.

Illusionist
:lol: What a retarded match.

Everything about it. Retarded is the way they got to the semis, retarded the way they played, retarded last point of the match.

Hopefully, JJ will get her brain back until the beginning of the next year. :lol:

Mikey.
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:25 PM
:haha: Jelena is such an idiot. Did she want to waste any more chances?

ce
Jelena :haha:
story of her tennis life :lol:
Venus good job
netcord hurts.

Keegan
This tournament has been a total joke. I'm pissed that someone who was 1-2 in the RR section managed to get through to the SF let alone the final!!! The only thing that eases it is that Venus played some decent tennis today.

jefrilibra
O my VENUS!!!!

You really fought back hard! Im so impressed and shocked that you didnt tank after the 1st set.

RESPECT!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Now rest and win the doubles!

Dini.
Well done Vee. =)

What's the record between JJ and Venus now? Edit: 5-5.

kman
wd venus

all-williams final as I predicted

Uranium
:banana::woohoo::dance::crazy:
I am sooo ecstatic.:yippee:

Davodus
:woohoo: nice work

the first DF of the last game was bad :tape:

Optima
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:26 PM
All Williams final again for another boring fuckfest of Serena winning yet again.

Lucky netcord :o

moby
They were headed for a final set tie break which Venus would invariably choke away. But JJ just wasn't good enough. Last game was a failure of epic proportions; Venus desperately trying not to serve it out, JJ responding with random errors of her own. Fitting match point. :lol:

Craig.
Hot mess :weirdo:

But go Vee :hearts:

cellophane
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
They were both so crappy :help:

Paneru
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM

You just knew it was coming and what a whopper!!!

MaBaker
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Jelena beats herself once again.

Radix2
Wow, Venus hung in there and did it.

Illusionist
Irina took over today 100% :lol:

hacberto
Nice job Venus

Vee Williams
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM
Who said the WTA is a circus? We have the Williams sisters, two of the most dominant players for the last few years, deep into the tournament again. No surprises when it comes to the final result :worship:

Mikey.
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM
Irina took over today 100% :lol:

:crying2:

SVK
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Who said the WTA is a circus? We have the Williams sisters, two of the most dominant players for the last few years, deep into the tournament again. No surprises when it comes to the final result :worship:

Sorry, but this match was more than a circus:spit:

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
:worship:

Vee Williams
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry, but this match was more as a circus:spit:

Why? Even when not playing great, Venus pulls through! How many times have we seen this in the past?

Optima
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM

H2H is still 5-5 :inlove:

Caillou
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:33 PM
keep moaning haters, meanwhile another williams in a final, hopefully soon to be two!! :):)

Miss Atomic Bomb
:lol: @ Jelena fans calling Vee lucky :rolls:

Marionated
It was such a bad match, especially the first set. Did you want to win Jelena? :o :weirdo:

Costanza
:worship:Queen Vee:worship:
Stopwatch psycho:wavey:

Ferg
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM
JJ was lucky to have even won the first set. :shrug: 2 winners?

V-MAC
Maybe Vee is just destined to win the YEC this year from what was a seemingly impossible position:sobbing: Loved her fight out there. Amazing that earlier this week she was fading away in these 3 set matches and now she is the 3rd set queen again:bounce: Best of luck tomorrow.
JJ seemed distracted for much of the match but her defense was top notch. Serve and attitude let her down

The Witch-king
yeah didn't get an opportunity to watch this match but you know their match last year wasn't exactly quality central either so i dont know what everyone is complaining about...

Brena
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:35 PM
17-34 for JJ

:smash:
That's not how you beat Venus (or anyone else), JJGOAT. :awww:

!Gio!
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM
Great job Venus, you pulled trough and made me a happy happy man!!! How much does she have left in the tank though, she has played 10 and a half hours and still has to play doubles, say what you want but Venus is a great champion, she always finds a way out.

As for Jelena, she really screwed up some great chances with those double faults in the third but in my opinion she played a lot better today than in all of her matches this week, hell she started YEC by losing to Vika in two easy sets:help:, so I think she is on the right path, only thing is after years on the tour she still has not learned to shut her mouth, stop complaining and play her game!

So better luck next time Jelena and Venus, you rock my world!!! The people speculating, saying she is too old, that she is done. She played the most out of everyone, lost some tough tough three setters and she still got to the finals.:wavey:

By the way after, 10 hours of play and a problem with her leg, she still handled herself with class and kept out any of that drama or as they call it in Caro's world, theatrics !!!

Caillou
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM
:lol: @ Jelena fans calling Vee lucky :rolls:

its even worse when they claim jelena beat herself...:o

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:37 PM
What did she say?

V-MAC
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:37 PM
You just knew it was coming and what a whopper!!!

It was a really bad one:o I had flashbacks to a similar type of double-fault that Anna Kournikova made at the Aussie Open around 6/7 years ago:lol:

jefrilibra
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Y'll just mad Venus won. She wasnt 100% fit and she still manages to scrape thru. That's what champions do. If you wanna get mad, get mad at JJ.:lol:

дalex
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Idiot!!!!!

Congrats Venus! :)

olympus28
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM

:inlove:

Venus well deserved !

Mikey.
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:41 PM
Oh well. :lol: I wasn't expecting much this tournament and a Doha SF is a decent finish to a shite year. Well done Venus, she was more solid in the end.

Rocketta
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:42 PM
why are people going on about Vee only winning 1 match in RR, besides Serena was there someone who won more matches or more sets? :scratch:

RenaSlam.

Uranium

As if JJ would have been any better. She got 1 win and a cheap win while Venus had to work her as off. Anyways, good Luck in the final, Vee:p

Mrs. Peel
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:43 PM
If Jelena could have stayed professional instead of moaning, being salty, and acting out, maybe she could have pulled it out.

Venus pulled herself together and instead of giving the match away like she did the first set, she showed that grit we are accustomed to. Actually PLAYING some matches must have helped. :p

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
It's funny.
Like when JJ won the first set, you were already thinking that she would beat Venus (and you opened a thread about that). Now Venus wins and you get confident again.

Anyway , too bad for JJ, she had her chances. Go venus in the final

gmokb
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
I dont care how badly she played, Venus is in the final.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Paneru
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:50 PM
why are people going on about Vee only winning 1 match in RR,

Salty.

She was the best of the rest after Serena.

Earned her spot.

Acinolbaj
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM
aww Jelena:sad:

Sund7101
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah Venus!

VishaalMaria
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:54 PM

Those are the rules.

And btw, Gooooooooooooooooooo VENUS! :D

V's a star
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Y'll just mad Venus won. She wasnt 100% fit and she still manages to scrape thru. That's what champions do. If you wanna get mad, get mad at JJ.:lol:

Damn right!!!

And let me take a moment to address all the hating on Venus the past few months. The haters came out in flocks on this forum saying Venus is old and done cant win 3 set matches. Ironically the same as last year :lol:. And look what happens again Venus rises above and makes u seem like envious fools.

Who cares about Tokyo Beijing Toronto Stanford, shes in the YEC final again its big time baby :hearts:

-VSR-
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Good job Vee! :yeah:

ShimSham
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:59 PM
keep moaning haters, meanwhile another williams in a final, hopefully soon to be two!! :):)
+1

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:00 PM
The people speculating, saying she is too old, that she is done.:wavey:
That is the daily prayer, of the Venus envy club since '04. If Venus is done and still kicking ass on one leg, then what does it say about the young so called "talented" ones.:rolls: She obviously has more talent in one of her legs than those bitches.:worship:

Even if she doesn't win the championship, I'm very, very happy with this win.:banana::bounce: Go Venus!:hearts:

toxina90
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:02 PM
What did she say?

Nothing. I can't remember her harping on about that - only when asked to compare herself to Safina. The Williams fans are trying to put down Jelena's reputation by making it sound as if she went round boasting the head to head :tape: besides, it's a far better record against them than most the other top players combined.

Well, I was hoping for Jelena to win, but am not too fussed, considering she has had an awful year - and who cares that Venus has beaten Jankovic twice in a tournament nobody actually respects :shrug: all we have now is a complete farce of a final and we all know who is going to win, the little sister :zzz:

winchester
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM
Venus loves drama :lol:

ShimSham
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:04 PM
I'm so happy Venus is through to the final again! Come on Serena, I want another all Williams final. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ferg
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM
I love how some people are saying the final is going to be boring, as though JJ's pushing would liven it up. :haha:

Optima
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:06 PM
I love how some people are saying the final is going to be boring, as though JJ's pushing would liven it up. :haha:

It's boring because we already know who will win.

Slutiana
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM
:lol: What a retarded match.

Everything about it. Retarded is the way they got to the semis, retarded the way they played, retarded last point of the match.

Hopefully, JJ will get her brain back until the beginning of the next year. :lol:

They? No, JJ got to the semis in a retarded way but Venus? That was the group of DEATH. And its not shocking that this occured in this particular group. The four best players in the draw by farrr, 20 slams, 2 olympic golds, 2 YECs vs 0, 0 and 0. Serena was on form and cleaned up but the other three were even, they all won one match but in the two Venus lost she pushed her opponents to the brink and so went through. She DESERVED to go through, I think you all need to get this into your heads. :lol:

And go Venus, take the title, end the year in the top 5!

V's a star
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
It's boring because we already know who will win.

cant u try and hide ur bitterness just a bit.
JJ aint gettin her hands on anything bigger then Rome

Mynarco
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:11 PM
JJ :sobbing:

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:12 PM
It's funny.
Like when JJ won the first set, you were already thinking that she would beat Venus (and you opened a thread about that). Now Venus wins and you get confident again.

Anyway , too bad for JJ, she had her chances. Go Venus in the final
You are a bold-faced LIAR. I didn't open the thread asking has 'anyone betting on JJ/Caro final' after JJ won the first set. It was after the first 2 or 3 games. And I didn't open the thread because I was not confident in Venus. Everyone knows the match would be on Venus' racket, win or lose. So why would I think she would beat Venus? So now you knew what I was thinking? :lol: :help:

Feyd
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:12 PM
Venus tried to choke it away so badly in the last game but even the netcord could not stand the torture two more games. :tape:

MegaDethly
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:16 PM
I can't beleive this!

Venus was not at her best, yet she FOUGHT and found a way to win with what she had. That is what champions do and HELLO: Venus is a champion.

All the haters are really just leaching wimps. If this was Henin, Clijsters or Serena you'd all be like 'oh wow she's such a fighter she deserved this win' blah blah blah

Pasta-Na
glad venus won. :p

Brena
cant u try and hide ur bitterness just a bit.
JJ aint gettin her hands on anything bigger then Rome

:lol:
Vee fans really need to get over the fact that JJ is such a good match up for Venus and tends to beat her a lot. You shouldn't hate her for that - thanks to JJ, you got a lot of good and dramatic matches featuring your fave. I don't hate Venus for beating JJ 5 times. :shrug:
Quit hating JJ, it's not her fault she used to be is a good player. :)

charmedRic
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM
hip hip hurray!

V's a star
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Vee fans really need to get over the fact that JJ is such a good match up for Venus and tends to beat her a lot. You shouldn't hate her for that - thanks to JJ, you got a lot of good and dramatic matches featuring your fave. I don't hate Venus for beating JJ 5 times. :shrug:

I dont hate JJ for beating Vee 5 times...Maybe a bit:devil:
But so has Sveta i beleive and i luv her even before yesterday. I just dont like the chicks antics and ofcourse the stuttgart SF that day changed everythin for me i think it has forever divided most Venus and JJ fans
:shrug: whatever

Brena
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:28 PM
I dont hate JJ for beating Vee 5 times...Maybe a bit:devil:
But so has Sveta i beleive and i luv her even before yesterday. I just dont like the chicks antics and ofcourse the stuttgart SF that day changed everythin for me i think it has forever divided most Venus and JJ fans
:shrug: whatever

Well, that Stuttgart thing has been a bit blown out of proportions, which is a pity since it was a great match from both (especially JJ).
But, oh well, to each his own. :)
Anyway - congrats, Venus fans.

Bayo
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Wacky match. I watched for about 30 minutes and only saw Jelena hit one winner.

Fingers crossed for Venus in the final!

Marcelo.
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yay :inlove: :inlove:
Jeca :smooch:

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:37 PM
Vee fans really need to get over the fact that JJ is such a good match up for Venus and tends to beat her a lot.
Please spare your folly! Venus fans know without a doubt that the out come of the match totally depends on how "bad" Venus plays throughout the whole match. Jelena's only hope is to puch the ball back and hope for Venus to self destruct.:rolleyes: Obviously the positive h2h was a big deal to Jelena and her fans therefore I'm so very happy Vee put an end to that.:dance:

Brena
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Please spare your folly! Venus fans know without a doubt that the out come of the match totally depends on how "bad" Venus plays throughout the whole match. Jelena's only hope is to puch the ball back and hope for Venus to self destruct.:rolleyes: Obviously the positive h2h was a big deal to Jelena and her fans therefore I'm so very happy Vee put an end to that.:dance:

Of course. :)

hotandspicey
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Venus...:woohoo: Shut 'em up Ms. Vee, shut 'em up.

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:49 PM
:help:

VishaalMaria
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:50 PM
It is true.

Anyway, Just as much Jelena is a good/bad match up for Venus, Venus is a good/bad match up for Jelena.

5-5 head to head record and Venus is through.

eugreene2
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Congrats Vee

gmokb
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:52 PM

Amen:worship:

hankqq
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Well, I was hoping for Jelena to win, but am not too fussed, considering she has had an awful year - and who cares that Venus has beaten Jankovic twice in a tournament nobody actually respects :shrug: all we have now is a complete farce of a final and we all know who is going to win, the little sister :zzz:

:weirdo: "tournament nobody acutally respects? :spit: it's the YEC-only the top 8 qualify so of course it's well respected :weirdo: 1 of the dumbest comments today for sure :tape: :o Are you trying to say Venus' wins against JJ here don't count as much as their other matches? :lol: :scratch:

Neither Venus nor JJ was at her best today, and today Venus was able to fight through to a victory. Other times, it's been JJ who came up the goods at crunch time:shrug: Both had a lot of errors and some patches of good stuff today, so I don't get what all the fuss is about :shrug: and calling the final a "farce" :weirdo: as if only serena wants to win the title :silly:

Lemme get you a spoon for that bitter soup you've been served :wavey:

2Black
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:56 PM
Congrats Venus -- Queen Of The 3rd Set!!!

gmokb
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=hankqq;16754933]:weirdo: "tournament nobody acutally respects? :spit: it's the YEC-only the top 8 qualify so of course it's well respected :weirdo: 1 of the dumbest comments today for sure :tape: :o Are you trying to say Venus' wins against JJ here don't count as much as their other matches? :lol: :scratch:

It isn`t one of the dumbest but the dumbest for sure. I guess envy and hatred will cause people say idiotic things. How can anyone say that YEC isn`t respected, when as you point out it showcase the TOP 8 but the other events are respected:confused: Serena has been bashed many times on this board for respecting only the slams, now Venus win is being discounted as its only YEC:mad:

Michael!
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:11 PM
:yeah:
It wasnt a great match, but she had problems from the start on and after she lost the first set, I really didnt expect her to win, but great fighting spirit, I am proud of Venus today, even so she really didnt play great tennis!

darrinbaker00
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Venus fans who actually pay attention to what's going on know without a doubt that those are the players who give Venus the most trouble.

Protoss
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM
It is true.

Anyway, Just as much Jelena is a good/bad match up for Venus, Venus is a good/bad match up for Jelena.

5-5 head to head record and Venus is through.
It's fairly surface dependent though: JJ leads 3-1 on clay, Venus leads 4-1 on hard.

young_gunner913
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:41 PM
Good job Venus. :)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Congrats Venus! I didn't expect her to be in the final after her awful performance against Dementieva but she fought through the pain and is now in her 2nd YEC final :hearts:

friendsita
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:46 PM
yeahhhh V!!!

Mikey.
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:57 PM

:rolls: Awful.

Ferg
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:00 PM
:weirdo: "tournament nobody acutally respects? :spit: it's the YEC-only the top 8 qualify so of course it's well respected :weirdo: 1 of the dumbest comments today for sure :tape: :o Are you trying to say Venus' wins against JJ here don't count as much as their other matches? :lol: :scratch:

Neither Venus nor JJ was at her best today, and today Venus was able to fight through to a victory. Other times, it's been JJ who came up the goods at crunch time:shrug: Both had a lot of errors and some patches of good stuff today, so I don't get what all the fuss is about :shrug: and calling the final a "farce" :weirdo: as if only serena wants to win the title :silly:

Lemme get you a spoon for that bitter soup you've been served :wavey:

Dont even bother with that person. Extremely bitter loser. I remember them once saying Bartoli didnt even play that well when she beat JJ at the Aussie Open, that it was all JJs fault. :weirdo:

Slutati
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:16 PM
Oh no, Venus in the final. :lol::tape:
RIP WTA. :sad::hug:

Lucemferre
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Nothing. I can't remember her harping on about that - only when asked to compare herself to Safina. The Williams fans are trying to put down Jelena's reputation by making it sound as if she went round boasting the head to head :tape: besides, it's a far better record against them than most the other top players combined.

:banghead:

DimaDinosaur
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:33 PM
yes congradts, barely made it to semis having one 1 match in RR and now barely made it to finals, but at least u give me points!!!!!!!!!!

Sexysova
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
ujWLszgthZo

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM
:bigclap: Love it. :lol:

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:05 PM
Venus fans who actually pay attention to what's going on know without a doubt that those are the players who give Venus the most trouble.
Venus is the one who gives herself the most trouble against pushers. Her biggest problems are getting more 1st serves in and drastically reduce DFs. Even today's match, she could have won in 2 if not for those damn free points she gave away in the first. Anyway it is now history and Venus has a 50/50 chance of winning her 2nd YEC title while Jelena has 0 to date.:D

Cakeisgood
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:07 PM
What a horrid match.

Dodoboy.
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Vee :yeah:

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/BrokenHeartedGirl_photos/632d3b48.gif

Julian
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:24 PM
Venus has played a lot of long matches lol hope shes well rested for the final.

And ughh to lose a match on an unlucky netcord..can you say, "Thanks I'd like to die now." lol

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Venus has played a lot of long matches...
She is often ridiculed for being the oldest but she played all 3 set matches injured and in the heat without cramping, quitting or shedding a tear like most of juveniles.:cool: She is amazing!:worship:

Patrick345
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
Venus has played a lot of long matches lol hope shes well rested for the final.

And ughh to lose a match on an unlucky netcord..can you say, "Thanks I'd like to die now." lol

Who cares. Jankovic had more than enough opportunities to win this match. Go up a break 3-2 in the 2nd set, or 3-0 in the 3rd set. Both would have mentally broken a struggling Venus, but Jankovic was more concerned to bitch and moan, and be all drama, baby, instead of focusing on the job. She had a big opportunity to win this tournament (even Serena seems to be at less than 100% right now), but she pissed it away, and when Venus sensed she had an unfocused prey on the other side of the net, she attacked and killed. That´s why Jankovic is a loser, not because her game isn´t good enough, but because she is a attention whore, otherwise she´d be a GS champion by now and in the final tomorrow. This is not Elena Dementieva Wimbledon semifinal playing a great match being beaten by a better player, who had some luck on matchpoint. Jankovic lost, because she wasn´t focused when the match was on the line. Two double faults to open the 3rd game of the 3rd set? Just pathetic.

Nico_E
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:59 PM
:haha:
:woohoo: bye Jankovic ... no smiling today

still no worthwhile title :lol: total loser

annoying Serb fans can take it up there asses too :bigwave:

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO VEE!! :bounce:
She freak'n clawed her way into the finals. :lol:

olympus28
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:05 PM
Who cares. Jankovic had more than enough opportunities to win this match. Go up a break 3-2 in the 2nd set, or 3-0 in the 3rd set. Both would have mentally broken a struggling Venus, but Jankovic was more concerned to bitch and moan, and be all drama, baby, instead of focusing on the job. She had a big opportunity to win this tournament (even Serena seems to be at less than 100% right now), but she pissed it away, and when Venus sensed she had an unfocused prey on the other side of the net, she attacked and killed. That´s why Jankovic is a loser, not because her game isn´t good enough, but because she is a attention whore, otherwise she´d be a GS champion by now and in the final tomorrow. This is not Elena Dementieva Wimbledon semifinal playing a great match being beaten by a better player, who had some luck on matchpoint. Jankovic lost, because she wasn´t focused when the match was on the line. Two double faults to open the 3rd game of the 3rd set? Just pathetic.

You cannot be a champion by just pushing the ball in the court and waiting.

DimaDinosaur
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:08 PM
OMG!!!!, HAHA, love the netcord winner on matchpoint. So such a good netcord drop that Jankovic couldn't even attempt to run it down

saniapower
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:09 PM
"U have no business losing the 1st set!" - Agassi.

Patrick345
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:46 PM
You cannot be a champion by just pushing the ball in the court and waiting.

Besides the fact that she is more than capable of producing winners off her backhand side and does so...

You can beat this Venus. You can give yourself a chance to win this tournament, where every other player appears to operate at far less than 100% and you had to play like five hours less than any other player. In ten years nobody will ask how you won, it´s that you won. Lots of players become tense, when they have a big lead, Jankovic just seems to loosen up and not in a good way. She has no sense of urgency, otherwise she´d be the one with the FO title not Ivanovic. Yes it is nice to have fun and be all drama, but Jankovic always misses the point, when she has to be all business. Ivanovic had that and she won a GS. She also has a little nasty streak, like when she messed up Hantuchova at the AO with her shoe trick.

ZODIAC
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Venus the Grand slam champion showed why she has 7gs titles,3 gold medals,41 titles,I YEC....sometimes its all about strategy.The sisters are never given credit for strategizing,this YEC was all about strategy killing two birds with one stone.The sisters are going to end on a high note after being robbed in NY,In one week they will make $2,5mil roughly they earned $10mil on court alone they never over extended themselves running country to country but had a strategy to make the most of their schedule.
Good job girls!!!
so the h2h is 5h5 what will Jankovic mouth NOW about record against Vee and she has not beaten vEE THE LAST 2 TIMES THEY PLAYED.

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:20 PM
In one week they will make $2,5mil roughly they earned $10mil on court alone they never over extended themselves running country to country but had a strategy to make the most of their schedule.
Good job girls!!!
Interesting that even with the so called roadmap, they played the least and still end up at the top of the $$$ list regardless. Plus what they get from appearance fees, exhibitions like HK & NY, bonus pool and sponsors.:eek: I don't think the bad economy affected them one bit.:lol:

cn ireland
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:46 PM
Congrats Venus:yeah:!

Good effort JJ:).

Sam L
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:08 AM
Yay Venus!! :)

Brena
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:31 AM

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4461/29z2a86.gif

Mashabator
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM
JJ :sobbing: :sad:

Foals.
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:20 AM
Jelena certainly gave a trick instead of a treat :tape: :mad:
Venus was trying to choke near the end and Jelena found a way to out choke her.
Everytime she got her nose in front she put in an error spewn next game.
Just not enough concentration or being agressive when the right opportunity came along, i.e that last game!

Illusionist
Nov 1st, 2009, 04:06 AM
:haha:
:woohoo: bye Jankovic ... no smiling today

still no worthwhile title :lol: total loser

Your brain really needs a treatment. :wavey: ASAP!

*Jean*
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Jelena :bigcry:

Dodoboy.
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
That GIF just made me uber excited about the AO!

Marshmallow
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
EPIC!!!!!

Venus was up against Jankowitch, a player that’s been a headache for her for a while now even when she’s healthy – and Venus had a losing record against her.

Venus was in pain/hampered from the first game – virtually injured all match long.

Venus fought back in that first set and GAVE IT AWAY in the end, knowing that she had squandered plenty of opportunities to take that set.

Things didn’t really look good going into the second set, and Venus was going for it more – so I was worried she’s tire herself out for the third.

At 2-2 Venus was 0-40 down (practically dangling from a cliff ledge by her finger tips at this point), but she dig SO deep, finding her serve and during this game hit a stunning running forehand lob winner!!!

I think it was also in the second set that Venus along with hitting some sickening Volleys (drop and swing) and stunning winners, Venus also hit an amazing aggressive backhand slice wrong footing winner (literally brought Jankovic to her Knees). Venus totally turned her game around, after hitting something like 25 UFEs in that first set and fewer winners, hit 20something winners in the second and 12/14 errors.

Into the third, Venus found herself 2-0 down, having had game points. But in spite of the squandered opportunities, and overlooking the fact that Venus was still in pain, at times limping and grimacing between points – Venus tightened her game up, fought like the champion she is and found herself a break up (twice, the first time Venus had her characteristic lapse and gave the game away with 2 doubles).

Jankovic and her minions (Serb fans) tried all dark arts they could (as usual) to throw Venus off. Jelena complaining several times about Venus taking too long between points prompting the Umpire to talk to Venus JUST BEFORE VENUS WAS ABOUT TO SERVE HAVING BEEN BROKEN THE LAST TIME SHE SERVED. And the Serbian Fans Jeering Venus while she was serving. Jelena also created drama of her own acting as though she was hard done by when she was told she waited too long to challenge a ball – that she could have gotten wrong – and went about giving Venus death glares and hitting the ball harder like she’s THAT BITCH when she wants to be :rolleyes: :help:.

But in spite of all this Venus fought on and kept her cool… well… just. Serving out the match Venus served 2 doubles, was clearly nervous but managed to save a break point for 5all. Her serve was off but she managed to keep her ground game steady.

Venus AGAINST ALL THE ODDS – coming in to the tournament low on confidence, having a losing record against her foe and having lost tight 3 setters she should have / could have won … with all this drama going on in the match – VENUS WON!!!

Marshmallow
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Nooj/e5229d50.gif (Credit to Volta :bigclap:)

Vaidisova Ruled
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM
EPIC!!!!!

Venus was up against Jankowitch, a player that’s been a headache for her for a while now even when she’s healthy – and Venus had a losing record against her.

Venus was in pain/hampered from the first game – virtually injured all match long.

Venus fought back in that first set and GAVE IT AWAY in the end, knowing that she had squandered plenty of opportunities to take that set.

Things didn’t really look good going into the second set, and Venus was going for it more – so I was worried she’s tire herself out for the third.

At 2-2 Venus was 0-40 down (practically dangling from a cliff ledge by her finger tips at this point), but she dig SO deep, finding her serve and during this game hit a stunning running forehand lob winner!!!

I think it was also in the second set that Venus along with hitting some sickening Volleys (drop and swing) and stunning winners, Venus also hit an amazing aggressive backhand slice wrong footing winner (literally brought Jankovic to her Knees). Venus totally turned her game around, after hitting something like 25 UFEs in that first set and fewer winners, hit 20something winners in the second and 12/14 errors.

Into the third, Venus found herself 2-0 down, having had game points. But in spite of the squandered opportunities, and overlooking the fact that Venus was still in pain, at times limping and grimacing between points – Venus tightened her game up, fought like the champion she is and found herself a break up (twice, the first time Venus had her characteristic lapse and gave the game away with 2 doubles).

Jankovic and her minions (Serb fans) tried all dark arts they could (as usual) to throw Venus off. Jelena complaining several times about Venus taking too long between points prompting the Umpire to talk to Venus JUST BEFORE VENUS WAS ABOUT TO SERVE HAVING BEEN BROKEN THE LAST TIME SHE SERVED. And the Serbian Fans Jeering Venus while she was serving. Jelena also created drama of her own acting as though she was hard done by when she was told she waited too long to challenge a ball – that she could have gotten wrong – and went about giving Venus death glares and hitting the ball harder like she’s THAT BITCH when she wants to be :rolleyes: :help:.

But in spite of all this Venus fought on and kept her cool… well… just. Serving out the match Venus served 2 doubles, was clearly nervous but managed to save a break point for 5all. Her serve was off but she managed to keep her ground game steady.

Venus AGAINST ALL THE ODDS – coming in to the tournament low on confidence, having a losing record against her foe and having lost tight 3 setters she should have / could have won … with all this drama going on in the match – VENUS WON!!!
I'm sorry but what Odds ? Venus is higher than JJ and JJ played not really good this year. Just go see who she lost to this year. You are really overdramatizing all this.

mykarma
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Nooj/e5229d50.gif (Credit to Volta :bigclap:)
love it

serenafan08
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM

:lol: Too funny! WTG Venus. :yeah:

andrewC
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:03 PM
Come on Venus :D :banana: win this

moby
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Not sure if this is a figment of my imagination, but I saw Venus mouth a complaint to Asderaki during the changeover about Jelena's outrageous behaviour (she was trying to challenge calls just before the next point was about to begin) and then Asderaki mouth back "I know. I'm on your side."

Of course, since I couldn't hear the conversation, I might be making all these up. But a funny thought.