PDA

View Full Version : Serena pulls out of Fed Cup Final

vw.
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-fedcup-swilliamsout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Serena Williams pulls out of Fed Cup Final

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP)—The U.S. Tennis Association says Serena Williams has pulled out of the team that will face Italy in the Fed Cup final.

USTA spokesman Chris Widmaier tells The Associated Press on Saturday that Williams informed U.S. Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez she won’t play in the Nov. 7-8 matches.

Vania King replaces Williams on the roster, joining surprise U.S. Open quarterfinalist Melanie Oudin, Liezel Huber and Alexa Glatch.

Fernandez had announced this week Williams would play Fed Cup for the first time since 2007.

Williams leads active women with 11 Grand Slam singles titles and is unbeaten in Fed Cup singles play. She is in this weekend’s semifinals at the season-ending WTA championships in Doha, Qatar.

In The Zone
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:23 PM
Omg. :hysteric: We'll need SuperGlatch, SuperMelanie and Vania/Liezel to win the doubles. Gah!

frenchie
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:24 PM
good decision IMO

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Well that sucks

FORZA SARITA
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:25 PM
what a surprise :lol:

Caralenko
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:25 PM
So much for playing if she's not in a wheel chair :unsure:

strawberry.babou
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Shocking.

Uranium
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:28 PM
:rolleyes:
Congrats Italy on your win.

FORZA SARITA
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:30 PM

the funny thing is that flavia decided to play FC instead of Bali because of WS and now has to play against Oudin/Glatch :rolls:

2Black
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:38 PM
I knew this was coming once I saw all those bandages on her leg. GOOD DECISION!!!

Zamboni
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:40 PM
:spit:

Craigy
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Too bad. She's had quite a long season by her standards and obviously the body is feeling it.

And I'd rather see her on the Jonathan Ross show. http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

Zamboni
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:46 PM
On a sidenote, does anyone know why Venus isn't playing FC final?

Uranium
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Probably since she still has a lingering knee injury. And the factors of clay and the name Flavia Pennetta.

Radix2
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Wise decision, she has to take care of her body.

Julian.
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:49 PM
:eek:

Shocking

AcesHigh
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Didn't she say say something like she'd be there unless she was in a wheelchair?
This is a good decision by Serena if you're just looking at her interests but it's a selfish move after what she said. She should have never committed in the first place

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:53 PM
I knew this was coming once I saw all those bandages on her leg. GOOD DECISION!!!
Yes, good decision.

Lulu.
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Good decision. :)

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
Didn't she say say something like she'd be there unless she was in a wheelchair?
This is a good decision by Serena if you're just looking at her interests but it's a selfish move after what she said. She should have never committed in the first place
STHU!

-jenks-
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Guess she'll be in a wheelchair against carol today

Justin SW
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Crazy are the ones who really thought Serena would go all the way to Italy to play on clay :help:

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Venus is playing injured right now. She has a bad knee. She called the trainer at the beginning of the first set of the match.

Six Feet Under
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Shock :speakles::o

hammerhead
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Serena screwed whatever chance Team USA had without her. Vania, not knowing she would even be on the team, has been on vacation in China for weeks and hasn't even been practicing.

Stamp Paid
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Phew

sweetpeas
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't play for them anyway!Screw Mary and all the other's so call America!

harloo
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:37 PM

;) Yep.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Crazy are the ones who really thought Serena would go all the way to Italy to play on clay :help:

its only a couple of hours from Doha

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Honestly after seeing Serena this week, Davenport had a better chance of going to Italy to play.

All is not lost though.
Vania/Huber have a good chance of winning the doubles rubber.
The others though...uh... :tape:

Wawrinka's ass.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM

yes after you see her leg wrapped the way it is, and still have potentially 4 matches left here, yes it would be selfish of her to withdraw now....:weirdo: you're so sad

Craig.
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Smart decision :shrug: Fitness has always been an issue for Serena so why risk anything at the end of the season. Better be ready to kick ass in 2010.

Rocketta
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Oh well, maybe Serena will still go and support the team as a spectator? :shrug:

charmedRic
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:01 PM
Best of luck to team USA!

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Venus is playing injured right now. She has a bad knee. She called the trainer at the beginning of the first set of the match.
Thank God, Venus decided to think of herself first for once.
After how they were both treated at the USO I agree with their decision. Those who were upset that they were even being considered for Fed Cup can now celebrate!:)

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:48 PM
Not for a second did I believe Serena would play in November in Europe on claycourts.

darrinbaker00
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:59 PM
Ask Mary Joe Fernandez.

darrinbaker00
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:03 PM
In that case, Serena can forget about the 2012 Olympics. She'll have to play Fed Cup at least once in 2011 to be eligible.

My question is, why Vania King instead of Bethanie Mattek-Sands? Is she seriously injured? Is she pregnant? :shrug:

darrinbaker00
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:06 PM
Smart decision :shrug: Fitness has always been an issue for Serena so why risk anything at the end of the season. Better be ready to kick ass in 2010.
Yes, because playing two or three matches November 7 and 8 would have completely screwed up her preparation for the Australian Open January 18.

simonsaystennis
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Damn... this hurts Team USA a lot. :sad: Vania has played some good tennis this year though, and we have been the underdog all this year, so who knows.

gmokb
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:15 PM
YEAAAAAH:bounce::bounce:. Thanks for pulling out Serena:worship::worship:. I want to see them win this without a Wiliams sister.:lol: I am sick and tired of the US using the sisters, only recognizing them as American tennis players when it suits them. Go home my babies and rest for next year:wavey:

Noctis
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Congrats Italy

Larrybidd
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Serena screwed whatever chance Team USA had without her. Vania, not knowing she would even be on the team, has been on vacation in China for weeks and hasn't even been practicing.

That's why it was good that Serena didn't wait until next week to withdraw so that her replacement has plenty of time to get ready. U mean that a week is not enough?

friendsita
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:34 PM
so sad for the us

young_gunner913
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Fatass.

young_gunner913
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:41 PM
YEAAAAAH:bounce::bounce:. Thanks for pulling out Serena:worship::worship:. I want to see them win this without a Wiliams sister.:lol: I am sick and tired of the US using the sisters, only recognizing them as American tennis players when it suits them. Go home my babies and rest for next year:wavey:

ummm how are they only american when it suits them? are they egyptian the rest of the year? or australian? or icelantic? or even Golden Flowers of China? no. they're americans just like us. youre a fucking idiot.

sweetpeas
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:53 PM
In that case, Serena can forget about the 2012 Olympics. She'll have to play Fed Cup at least once in 2011 to be eligible.

Right now its 2009,Serena will cross that bridge when she get's there.One day at a time.:wavey::bounce::lol:

perseus2006
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
A commitment from Serena has the value of a $3 bill. I doubt that MJF actually believed Serena would show up.

Team USA is composed of the people that got them to the Final and that's the way it should be. Win or lose, it's a team that will do America proud.

sweetpeas
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:58 PM
That's just what Serena said.So there nothing slick stated here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noctis
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Fatass.

Matt you son of Witch :o

betowiec
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:13 PM
no money=no show

ce
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Serena :hug:
just win Doha and i ll be happy :lol:

BlameSerena
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:26 PM
Serena :hug:
Well I really was looking forward to it, but if she can't then she can't.
Hope she is happy and healthy.

Good luck to team USA!

miffedmax
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:26 PM
Looks like Big Al will have to win 2.

Lena's bangs.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:58 PM
Rest up for the AO, Serena. :yeah: Good decision.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Yes, because playing two or three matches November 7 and 8 would have completely screwed up her preparation for the Australian Open January 18.

Yes, if she's got a nagging injury. She needs to rest it up and get healthy for 2010. Otherwise, you'd be complaining about her pulling out of tournaments for injury in 2010. :rolleyes: In tennis terms, she ain't no spring chicken.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:02 PM

My question is, why Vania King instead of Bethanie Mattek-Sands? Is she seriously injured? Is she pregnant? :shrug:

And, that would be a problem how?

SAISAI-GOAT
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Serena :sobbing: so that means we will see you in wheelchair tomorrow :spit:

handing Italy the trophy :help:

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:12 PM
EXCELLENT DECISION!!
I'm very proud of her efforts this years, as well as her results.
Heck, to still be playing AND winning at her level this year is an achievement in itself. :eek: :worship:
Rest up Serena, and come back smoking HOT next year. :bounce: :cool:

iGOAT
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:17 PM

No, Beth just sucks, whereas Vania has been playing well lately. Frankly, Vania is in the best form of that team ATM.

Serena, you are truly pathetic. I bet she'll even go watch and practice with them so that it can count as playing even though she didn't.

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:19 PM
YEAAAAAH:bounce::bounce:. Thanks for pulling out Serena:worship::worship:. I want to see them win this without a Williams sister.:lol: I am sick and tired of the US using the sisters, only recognizing them as American tennis players when it suits them. Go home my babies and rest for next year:wavey::lol: I have to agree there.
These same folks always want a Williams when it suits their needs.
The rest of the year, they're verbally screwing them with non-stop ridiculous criticism.

However, there were maybe a handful of "American" celebrities supporting her (besides her fans), so props where props due. :cool:
Personally I was surprised that she committed at all, and was hoping that she'd snatch the rug out from under em. :devil:

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:26 PM
No, Beth just sucks, whereas Vania has been playing well lately. Frankly, Vania is in the best form of that team ATM.

Serena, you are truly pathetic. I bet she'll even go watch and practice with them so that it can count as playing even though she didn't.

Damn. Why is she "truly pathetic" for pulling out of Fed Cup? Or are you just looking for an excuse to call her names? :rolleyes:

SoClose
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:27 PM
expected :D

Cakeisgood
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:29 PM
Expected. Shouldn't committed in the first place.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
If she hadn't committed, you guys would be calling her names and criticizing her. But, she did commit and circumstances obviously changed. Does Serena now have control over the fates? Geez, this woman cannot catch a break from anyone NOT HER FAN. :rolleyes: I don't understand the incredulity. If you're not her fan, why would you want her to play? If you are a fan of her or of tennis, and she does not feel she'll be healthy enough to help the team or possibly derail her chances in the upcoming season, why do you criticize her? I don't get it. Is it just in fashion to criticize her every move? It's obvious something is bothering her enough to wear heavy bandage on her leg in this tournament. Would she have more credibility in pulling out of Fed Cup in your eyes if she had pulled out of this tournament with injury? Or would you have criticized that and say "expected" or some such nonsense?

V's a star
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:33 PM
Expected. Shouldn't committed in the first place.

exactly im sure she knew beforehand. Why not be upfront about it like venus

Marcell
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
I thought that more people would be jumping for joy that she wasn't playing because they were so upset that she was even suggesting that she wanted to play in the finals.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
exactly im sure she knew beforehand. Why not be upfront about it like venus

First of all, she and Vee are two different people and Vee committed as well, but pulled out last week. So that doesn't make Vee a better person or whatever you're insinuating. What exactly are you accusing her of and what is your beef with it? Vee was "upfront" exactly a week ago. What is the difference? I don't get your criticism here.

iGOAT
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Damn. Why is she "truly pathetic" for pulling out of Fed Cup? Or are you just looking for an excuse to call her names? :rolleyes:
:haha: you're just trolling around in this thread trying to pick a fight. Get a life :)!

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:43 PM
I thought that more people would be jumping for joy that she wasn't playing because they were so upset that she was even suggesting that she wanted to play in the finals.

I don't get the difference of when Vee pulled out of the commitment last week and Serena made her decision today. :shrug: Why wasn't a big deal made when Vee pulled out of her commitment to play? And, if the commitment by Serena was just last week, what is the big deal that she changed her mind two or three days later? How does that change anything or hinder the team? I mean, would it have made any difference to the make up of the team if she and Vee had said at the same time, neither were playing? I don't understand the criticism and I wish those who are criticizing would explain it to me. :confused:

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
:haha: you're just trolling around in this thread trying to pick a fight. Get a life :)!

Huh?? :confused: :lol: I asked you a question. How is that picking a fight? :lol: If you can't answer it, then say so.

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Exactly! I think because most Williams fans are happy with the decision not to play coupled with a Williams YEC final is too much to bear at the moment.:lol:

V's a star
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:50 PM
First of all, she and Vee are two different people and Vee committed as well, but pulled out last week. So that doesn't make Vee a better person or whatever you're insinuating. What exactly are you accusing her of and what is your beef with it? Vee was "upfront" exactly a week ago. What is the difference? I don't get your criticism here.

??? im not not insinuating shit. Simply stating my opinion which im allowed to have. Serena has had an ankle injury since the start of the tournament aswell as being very if about playing before that. So why wait till like 2-3 days before the competition after just entering thursday to just pull out......
I dont like it why u care?

Vlover
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
I don't understand the criticism and I wish those who are criticizing would explain it to me. :confused:
Denise, quit seeking rationality where it doesn't exist. Just accept their contradictions for now, as that is their only way to find some comfort.:lol:

Dave.
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:55 PM
Don't really see what the big deal is. Yeah, would have been better if she didn't commit in the first place but there was always going to be the possibility of pulling out especially with her busy week in Doha (and London :angel:).

When the US won their semi, alot of people on here were saying they didn't want Serena to play the final because she didn't play in the other rounds, which is a fair point, so there's nothing to be angry about. Let the players who got them there play the final. Serena was not part of the team this year so it shouldn't be a big deal that she doesn't play the final. Hopefully she will play Fed Cup again sometime, but it's not something she's commited to right now and that's her own choice, nothing wrong with that. Fed Cup is not mandatory.

Of course this hurts the US' chances but they've got here with this team so it's only fair they get to experience the final and get a medal. They've won with this team twice already this year, no reason why they can't win the whole thing!

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:56 PM
??? im not not insinuating shit. Simply stating my opinion which im allowed to have. Serena has had an ankle injury since the start of the tournament aswell as being very if about playing before that. So why wait till like 2-3 days before the competition after just entering thursday to just pull out......
I dont like it why u care?

:scratch: I still don't understand what it is that is bothering you about it. No one is saying you can't have an opinion. I'm just asking you what the basis of your opinion is and this post has not addressed that? What does Serena's ankle have to do with this? What tournament are you referring to she was being iffy about? :confused: Does pulling out "2-3 days before" the competition hinder the team in some way I'm not aware of that wouldn't have hindered the team if she didn't commit and pull out "2-3 days before"?

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:57 PM
Denise, quit seeking rationality where it doesn't exist. Just accept their contradictions for now, as that is their only way to find some comfort.:lol:

The problem is they make these damning pronouncements about Serena and these criticisms, and then get offended if they are asked to explain them. You never know, I might agree with them, if I knew why the criticisms were being made. :shrug:

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Don't really see what the big deal is. Yeah, would have been better if she didn't commit in the first place but there was always going to be the possibility of pulling out especially with her busy week in Doha (and London :angel:).

When the US won their semi, alot of people on here were saying they didn't want Serena to play the final because she didn't play in the other rounds, which is a fair point, so there's nothing to be angry about. Let the players who got them there play the final. Serena was not part of the team this year so it shouldn't be a big deal that she doesn't play the final. Hopefully she will play Fed Cup again sometime, but it's not something she's commited to right now and that's her own choice, nothing wrong with that. Fed Cup is not mandatory.

Of course this hurts the US' chances but they've got here with this team so it's only fair they get to experience the final and get a medal. They've won with this team twice already this year, no reason why they can't win the whole thing!

Why does this seem like some backhanded defense? :lol: I agree with you, but I'm uncomfortable with how you're saying it. Maybe I don't understand the "commitment" issue. When did she commit to playing two or three days ago and did they sell tickets based on that commitment in the last two or three days? I'm not trying to argue, I simply don't get it and would appreciate an explanation.

Arnian
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:03 PM
why did she pull out? I haven't heard the reason yet

Dave.
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:07 PM
Why does this seem like some backhanded defense? :lol: I agree with you, but I'm uncomfortable with how you're saying it. Maybe I don't understand the "commitment" issue. When did she commit to playing two or three days ago and did they sell tickets based on that commitment in the last two or three days? I'm not trying to argue, I simply don't get it and would appreciate an explanation.

Backhanded? When I want to say something I just say it. :lol: What I'm saying is Serena has not been commited to or interested in Fed Cup this year (no problem with that), and so it shouldn't be a big deal that she's not going to play the final.

V's a star
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:08 PM
:scratch: I still don't understand what it is that is bothering you about it. No one is saying you can't have an opinion. I'm just asking you what the basis of your opinion is and this post has not addressed that? What does Serena's ankle have to do with this? What tournament are you referring to she was being iffy about? :confused: Does pulling out "2-3 days before" the competition hinder the team in some way I'm not aware of that wouldn't have hindered the team if she didn't commit and pull out "2-3 days before"?

I dont know how to make it any clearer for u. I honestly dont even care about this. The COMPETITION not tournament (there is a difference between the 2) im talking about is the fed cup wat else??
And the basis of my opinion i will explain 1 more time if ud actually like to read it

Whether it is Serena or anyone else for that matter pulled out of fed cup FINAL 2 days before the competition after just being announced on the team like a day and a half prior, why not be upfront and say no before the team was announced, after giving many mixed signals the past couple months about playing and having an injured ankle she must have knew well beforehand.

Thats my opinion one i dont even really care about at all but u seem to take great interest in

Привет
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:09 PM
Now nobody cares about the Fed Cup final. :spit:

What a bore.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hopefully Serena is able to rest up and come raring to go in 2010 :)

Picking Vania for the final might have been MJ's first big no-no though. She's had a great second half of this year, but a clay court? And indoors, no less? Mattek-Sands would have been the better option, especially since she and Liezel had that amazing come from behind win in the Fed Cup semifinals.

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:45 PM
If she hadn't committed, you guys would be calling her names and criticizing her. But, she did commit and circumstances obviously changed. Does Serena now have control over the fates? Geez, this woman cannot catch a break from anyone NOT HER FAN. :rolleyes: I don't understand the incredulity. If you're not her fan, why would you want her to play? If you are a fan of her or of tennis, and she does not feel she'll be healthy enough to help the team or possibly derail her chances in the upcoming season, why do you criticize her? I don't get it. Is it just in fashion to criticize her every move? It's obvious something is bothering her enough to wear heavy bandage on her leg in this tournament. Would she have more credibility in pulling out of Fed Cup in your eyes if she had pulled out of this tournament with injury? Or would you have criticized that and say "expected" or some such nonsense?Dee, haven't you noticed..?
Where Serena's concerned, EVERYONE is a critic AND a better champion than our girl. Hey, they should ALL be out there playing against her. :rolleyes:
She can even achieve success in the most glorious ways possible and STILL they criticize her. :shrug:
This demonstrates (without a doubt) that, like her or hate her, Serena garners mass appeal and also draws the most heinous of fools attention. :lol: :bounce:

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:49 PM

Of course this hurts the US' chances but they've got here with this team so it's only fair they get to experience the final and get a medal. They've won with this team twice already this year, no reason why they can't win the whole thing!Dave, sometimes you are the Saintly voice of reason. :worship:

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:54 PM
I dont know how to make it any clearer for u. I honestly dont even care about this. The COMPETITION not tournament (there is a difference between the 2) im talking about is the fed cup wat else??
And the basis of my opinion i will explain 1 more time if ud actually like to read it

Whether it is Serena or anyone else for that matter pulled out of fed cup FINAL 2 days before the competition after just being announced on the team like a day and a half prior, why not be upfront and say no before the team was announced, after giving many mixed signals the past couple months about playing and having an injured ankle she must have knew well beforehand.

Thats my opinion one i dont even really care about at all but u seem to take great interest inBut it isn't even a big deal. :shrug:
Serena wanted to play and committed to it.
She got injured (and/or decided to reserve her health) and can't play.

So what's the beef? :confused: :shrug:

As a fan of Vee's, why not Tweet her and get her to play?
Since Serena being injured is no big deal, maybe Venus being injured is no big deal either?

LightWarrior
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:00 PM
why did she pull out? I haven't heard the reason yet
She decided she will be in a wheelchair after YEC.

saniapower
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:02 PM
Good decision.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:08 PM

Thats my opinion one i dont even really care about at all but u seem to take great interest in

First of all, I don't understand why the tone of your post is so nasty and condescending. Secondly, obviously you didn't make yourself clear in your first post and barely in this one.

What difference does it make whether she said it before or after the team was announced? Circumstances change and we don't know at this point (at least I don't) what the reason is for her to pull out.

Whether you want to admit to it or not, you are insinuating something when you say that she has been playing with an injured ankle over the past couple of months and must have known about it well beforehand. What do you mean by that and how does that have a negative bearing on her pulling out?

And, what ankle injury are you referring to? And, what mixed signals are you talking about? Whenever they mentioned Fed Cup at the US Open, she and Venus always said if they could play, they would but they didn't want to commit then.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Dee, haven't you noticed..?
Where Serena's concerned, EVERYONE is a critic AND a better champion than our girl. Hey, they should ALL be out there playing against her. :rolleyes:
She can even achieve success in the most glorious ways possible and STILL they criticize her. :shrug:
This demonstrates (without a doubt) that, like her or hate her, Serena garners mass appeal and also draws the most heinous of fools attention. :lol: :bounce:

True. :rolleyes:

Wiggly
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:27 PM
There's no way Team USA beats Italy on claycourts.

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Serena is P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!

Only plays for herself it seems and only plays Fed Cup when she wants something... :o

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:30 PM

Only plays for herself it seems and only plays Fed Cup when she wants something... :o

What do these people play for, if not themselves? :confused:

Jelena Jankovic ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Marion Bartoli ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Kaia Kanepi
Elena Dementieva ~ Alisa Kleybanova ~ Jelena Dokic ~ Kim Clijsters ~ Anastasija Sevastova

gmokb
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:34 PM
ummm how are they only american when it suits them? are they egyptian the rest of the year? or australian? or icelantic? or even Golden Flowers of China? no. they're americans just like us. youre a fucking idiot.

I can only pity you, cause your respoonse shows that you can`t read and comprehend plus express your self thus the need to use swearing words. I suggest you re-read my post as I clearly didn`t indicate that the WS thought themselves to be non-American BUT that American tennis fans do. LEARN TO READ PROPERLY!!!!!!

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:37 PM
What do these people play for, if not themselves? :confused:

Jelena Jankovic ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Marion Bartoli ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Kaia Kanepi
Elena Dementieva ~ Alisa Kleybanova ~ Jelena Dokic ~ Kim Clijsters ~ Anastasija Sevastova

Jankovic: regularly plays Fed Cup
Stosur: regularly plays Fed Cup
Bartoli: will yeah she sought of only plays for herself...but she is never given the chance to play Fed Cup (stupid FFT :o)
Dellacqua: regularly plays Fed Cup when selected/not (really) injured
Kanepi: ALWAYS plays Fed Cup - she bascially carries Estonia though
Dementieva: Usually play Fed Cup...hell of lot more than Serena
Kleybanova: Plays Fed Cup when selected (not of the time)
Dokic: regularly plays Fed Cup
Kim: Plays Fed Cup...but does play a bit for herself, but she has other considerations/responsibilites (Serena does NOT)
Anastasija: plays Fed Cup.

Most of my girls are prepared to play Fed Cup and not just because they want something but they want to (OMG) represent their country and there teammates :speakles:

Serena is only American when she feels like it, and uses it just to get into the Olympics (which is nowadays more individual glory than country glory). Other that that she only plays for one person...Serena. :o

ys
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Someone told Serena that playing Fed Cup could earn her few ranking points, so she decided to sign up as a contingency plan if she would need few ranking points to beat Safina for Year End #1. I told it right away - if she clinches YE #1 at WTF, she'll withdraw from Fed Cup.

Donny
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Bartoli: will yeah she sought of only plays for herself...but she is never given the chance to play Fed Cup (stupid FFT :o)
Dellacqua: regularly plays Fed Cup when selected/not (really) injured
Dementieva: Usually play Fed Cup...hell of lot more than Serena
Kim: Plays Fed Cup...but does play a bit for herself, but she has other considerations/responsibilites (Serena does NOT)

Most of my girls are prepared to play Fed Cup and not just because they want something but they want to (OMG) represent their country and there teammates :speakles:

Serena is only American when she feels like it, and uses it just to get into the Olympics (which is nowadays more individual glory than country glory). Other that that she only plays for one person...Serena. :o

What has the USA done for her? She doesn't owe anything to anyone but her fans and her sponsors.

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:05 PM

Only plays for herself it seems and only plays Fed Cup when she wants something... :oOnly plays for herself huh? :eek: :scratch:

And what do you call taking part in free tennis clinics/camps for underprivileged kids? http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-160105418.html

What do you call taking part in her mother's OWL foundation? http://www.chevents.com/fact-sheet-2004.html

How about when she helps out Andre Agassi and his Foundation?
How about when Andy asks her to help out with his foundation or a foundation that he takes part in or other charitable events?
http://www.onthebaseline.com/2008/11/24/serena-williams-caroline-wozniacki-join-andy-roddick-and-babolat-for-rock-n-racquets-tour/
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/10/tennis_stars_serena_williams_a.html

Honestly, you people CAN'T believe half the crap you write! Because no one else certainly does.

*Awaiting answer while eating apple slices* :wavey:

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:14 PM
Dellacqua: regularly plays Fed Cup when selected/not (really) injured (same can be said of both Venus and Serena)
Dementieva: Usually play Fed Cup...hell of lot more than Serena (based on what? What does "usually" mean)
Kim: Plays Fed Cup...but does play a bit for herself, but she has other considerations/responsibilites (Serena does NOT) (What does that even mean?)

Serena's Fed Cup Appearances

Total Clay Carpet Grass Hard Unknown Indoor Outdoor
Won 7 2 0 0 5 0 3 4
Lost 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Singles Summary
Won 4 1 0 0 3 0 2 2
Lost 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Doubles Summary
Won 3 1 0 0 2 0 1 2
Lost 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

2007 USA d. BEL 5-0 in USA World Group - Quarterfinal
Delray Beach Tennis Center, Delray Beach, FL, USA Hard (O) 21 Apr - 22 Apr 2007
R2 - W Caroline MAES 6-1 6-4

2003 USA d. CZE 5-0 in USA World Group - 1st Round
The Paul E. Tsongas Arena, Lowell, USA Hard (I) 26 Apr - 27 Apr 2003
R2 - W Iveta BENESOVA 7-5 6-1
R3 - W Klara KOUKALOVA 6-2 6-2
R5 - W BEDANOVA / BIRNEROVA partnering WILLIAMS 6-0 6-1

1999 USA d. RUS 4-1 in USA World Group I - Final
Taube Tennis Stadium, Stanford, CA, USA Hard (O) 18 Sep - 19 Sep 1999
R5 - W DEMENTIEVA / MAKAROVA partnering WILLIAMS 6-2 6-1

USA d. ITA 4-1 in ITA World Group I - Semifinal
Ancona Tennis Association, Ancona, Italy Clay (O) 24 Jul - 25 Jul 1999
R4 - W Rita GRANDE 6-1 6-1
R5 - W GARBIN / SERRA ZANETTI partnering WILLIAMS 6-2 6-2

Serena Williams (USA ) World Team Tennis

Highlights

WTT Season: 4th
Second season with the Washington Kastles.

Won Olympic Gold Medals in doubles at the 2000 and 2008 Games with Venus.
Played WTT in 2000 for the Delaware Smash, in 2007 for the St. Louis Aces and last year for the Washington Kastles.

She's only played in two Olympics, so based on the results above, you can't accuse her of only playing for the Olympics. She regularly plays WTT, which has nothing to do with the Olympics or any other personal reason. So, how does she only play for herself when it comes to that? And, the Olympics is all about country and to say that she's only American when she wants to be is just stupid. What other country does she claim? You're talking out of your ass as usual Kaz, with nothing to back it up.

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:18 PM
She's only played in two Olympics, so based on the results above, you can't accuse her of only playing for the Olympics. She regularly plays WTT, which has nothing to do with the Olympics or any other personal reason. So, how does she only play for herself when it comes to that? And, the Olympics is all about country and to say that she's only American when she wants to be is just stupid. What other country does she claim? You're talking out of your ass as usual Kaz, with nothing to back it up.:haha: That poster is getting PWNED left and right. :haha:

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:20 PM
She's only played in two Olympics, so based on the results above, you can't accuse her of only playing for the Olympics. She regularly plays WTT, which has nothing to do with the Olympics or any other personal reason. So, how does she only play for herself when it comes to that? And, the Olympics is all about country and to say that she's only American when she wants to be is just stupid. What other country does she claim? You're talking out of your ass as usual Kaz, with nothing to back it up.

Have you noticed that all the times Serena has played Fed Cup (1999, 2003, and 2007) was the year before the Olympics and and thus the eligibility year ;) She was injured in 2004 overwise she would of played lol.

Epic Fail Post!

Oh and btw responsibilties and considerations are little things like, husbands and children. (not that Serena will ever have either :tape:)

And its term of what does 'usually' Im not going to waste my time giving you stats...look 'em up youself if your so interested!

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Someone told Serena that playing Fed Cup could earn her few ranking points, so she decided to sign up as a contingency plan if she would need few ranking points to beat Safina for Year End #1. I told it right away - if she clinches YE #1 at WTF, she'll withdraw from Fed Cup.

Then that would make her as stupid as the person saying it. We know that's not true. :lol:

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:26 PM
Have you noticed that all the times Serena has played Fed Cup (1999, 2003, and 2007) was the year before the Olympics and it the eligility year ;) She was injured in 2004 overwise she would of played lol.

Epic Fail Post!

Oh really, so what were her selfish reasons for playing WTT? :rolleyes:

Oh and btw responsibilties and commitments are little things like, husbands and children. (not that Serena will ever have either :tape:)

Not only is that a sexist statement, it's ignorant. Kim has had a husband and child only two years. What was her excuse the other years she didn't play?

Fantasy Hero
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:30 PM
the funny thing is that flavia decided to play FC instead of Bali because of WS and now has to play against Oudin/Glatch :rolls:
:o miss sucketta and the right decisions don't get together well :spit: (i mean, that one, next year schedule with only MM tournaments untill IW)
italy will find a way to lost it or trying to lose it

Probably since she still has a lingering knee injury. And the factors of clay and the name Flavia Pennetta.
:worship:

well that's what the wta wants for players or the ones who rapresents their country instead of going to the "world fight for MM queen sceptre" of Bali would have got some points:help:

terjw
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:33 PM
Good. Gives a chance to the players who were proud to play for there country and fought to get USA to the final.

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:33 PM
Oh really, so what were her selfish reasons for playing WTT? :rolleyes:

To get into shape for the slams - for herself. It was the only reason. ;)

Not only is that a sexist statement, it's ignorant. Kim has had a husband and child only two years. What was her excuse the other years she didn't play?

How is that sexist? :confused: Federer has responsbilities and considerations too because he has a wife and children, it the same thing. (Oh and he still plays Fed Cup btw ;)

And Kim used to play pretty of Fed Cup ties before her retirement - to do you notice that they're are some NOT in the Olympics eleigibility year ;)

Kim CLIJSTERS Belgium Flag of BEL
Kim Clijsters (BEL) Date of Birth 08 Jun 1983
Place Of Birth Bilzen, Belgium
Height 5'8 1/2 / 1.74m
Residence Bree, Belgium
Handed Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Singles Ranking 18
Doubles Ranking

Appearances
Won 21 12 2 0 7 0 18 3
Lost 4 2 2 0 0 0 4 0

Singles Summary
Won 18 10 2 0 6 0 16 2
Lost 3 1 2 0 0 0 3 0

Doubles Summary
Won 3 2 0 0 1 0 2 1
Lost 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0

2006 BEL d. USA 4-1 in BEL World Group - Semifinal
Sea'rena, Ostend, Belgium Hard (I) 15 Jul - 16 Jul 2006
R2 - W Jamea JACKSON Flag of USA 4-6 6-2 6-1
R3 - W Vania KING Flag of USA 6-0 6-1

BEL d. RUS 3-2 in BEL World Group - Quarterfinal
Country Hall du Sart-Tilman, Liege, BEL Clay (I) 22 Apr - 23 Apr 2006
R1 - L Elena DEMENTIEVA Flag of RUS 4-6 3-6
R3 - W Maria KIRILENKO Flag of RUS 6-1 6-4
R5 - L KIRILENKO / SAFINA partnering HENIN-HARDENNE Flag of RUS 6-7(4) 5-7

2005 BEL d. ARG 3-2 in BEL World Group I - Playoff - Quarterfinal
Hard (O) 09 Jul - 10 Jul 2005
R1 - W Mariana DIAZ-OLIVA Flag of ARG 6-1 6-2
R3 - W Gisela DULKO Flag of ARG 6-4 6-1
R5 - W DIAZ-OLIVA / DULKO partnering CALLENS Flag of ARG 6-4 3-6 7-5

2004 BEL d. CRO 3-2 in BEL World Group - 1st Round
Expodroom Bree, Bree, BEL Clay (I) 24 Apr - 25 Apr 2004
R1 - W Jelena KOSTANIC Flag of CRO 6-1 4-6 6-1
R3 - W Karolina SPREM Flag of CRO 6-1 6-3

2003 BEL d. SVK 5-0 in BEL World Group - Quarterfinal
Spiroudome, Charleroi, BEL Hard (I) 19 Jul - 20 Jul 2003
R2 - W Lubomira KURHAJCOVA Flag of SVK 6-3 6-1
R3 - W Janette HUSAROVA Flag of SVK 6-0 6-1

BEL d. AUT 5-0 in BEL World Group - 1st Round
Expodroom Bree, Bree, BEL Clay (I) 26 Apr - 27 Apr 2003
R1 - W Evelyn FAUTH Flag of AUT 4-6 6-2 6-2
R3 - W Patricia WARTUSCH Flag of AUT 6-2 6-2
R5 - W BAMMER / MEUSBURGER partnering CALLENS Flag of AUT 6-2 6-2

2002 BEL d. AUS 3-1 in BEL World Group - 1st Round
Royal Leopold Club, Brussels, Belgium Clay (I) 27 Apr - 28 Apr 2002
R2 - W Alicia MOLIK Flag of AUS 6-0 6-2

2001 BEL d. RUS 2-1 in ESP World Group - Final
Parque Ferial Juan Carlos 1, Madrid, Spain Clay (I) 11 Nov 2001
R2 - W Elena DEMENTIEVA Flag of RUS 6-0 6-4

BEL d. ESP 3-0 in ESP World Group B - Round Robin
Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I, Madrid, Spain Clay (I) 10 Nov 2001
R2 - W Arantxa SANCHEZ-VICARIO Flag of ESP 6-1 6-2

BEL d. AUS 3-0 in ESP World Group B - Round Robin
Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I, Madrid, Spain Clay (I) 09 Nov 2001
R2 - W Alicia MOLIK Flag of AUS 6-3 6-3
R3 - W MCQUILLAN / MOLIK partnering CALLENS Flag of AUS 6-4 6-2

BEL d. GER 3-0 in ESP World Group B - Round Robin
Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I, Madrid, Spain Clay (I) 07 Nov 2001
R2 - W Bianka LAMADE Flag of GER 6-3 6-1

2000 USA d. BEL 2-1 in USA World Group - Semifinal
Las Vegas, NV, USA (Final Four) Carpet (I) 22 Nov 2000
R2 - L Lindsay DAVENPORT Flag of USA 6-7(4) 6-4 3-6

BEL d. RUS 2-1 in RUS World Group C - Round Robin
Olympic Stadium, Moscow, Russia Carpet (I) 30 Apr 2000
R2 - W Anna KOURNIKOVA Flag of RUS 5-7 6-2 6-4

BEL d. FRA 2-1 in RUS World Group C - Round Robin
Olympic Stadium, Moscow, Russia Carpet (I) 29 Apr 2000
R2 - W Nathalie TAUZIAT Flag of FRA 6-1 6-4

BEL d. AUS 2-1 in RUS World Group C - Round Robin
Olympic Stadium, Moscow, Russia Carpet (I) 27 Apr 2000
R2 - L Jelena DOKIC Flag of AUS 6-7(4) 7-5 7-9

iGOAT
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM
OMG :sobbing: Denise4925 wins the "I Need A Life Award", has been sitting in this thread arguing with every post for the past three hours :tape:.

Look, not everyone agrees, it's part of life. JUST MOVE ON!

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM
Have you noticed that all the times Serena has played Fed Cup (1999, 2003, and 2007) was the year before the Olympics and and thus the eligibility year ;) She was injured in 2004 overwise she would of played lol.

Epic Fail Post!

Oh and btw responsibilties and considerations are little things like, husbands and children. (not that Serena will ever have either :tape:)

And its term of what does 'usually' Im not going to waste my time giving you stats...look 'em up youself if your so interested!Now you're simply being pathetic.
You ran out of Silly Putty material and decided to attack her personal life; which you know absolutely nothing about.

Talk about your EPIC FAILURE!!
http://int.nfdaily.cn/tk/content/images/attachement/jpg/site88/20090626/001111260f910baeed1e06.jpg

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:38 PM
OMG :sobbing: Denise4925 wins the "I Need A Life Award", has been sitting in this thread arguing with every post for the past three hours :tape:.

Look, not everyone agrees, it's part of life. JUST MOVE ON!

:worship: Im through with her and this thread too.

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:39 PM
Now you're simply being pathetic.
You ran out of Silly Putty material and decided to attack her personal life; which you know absolutely nothing about.

http://int.nfdaily.cn/tk/content/images/attachement/jpg/site88/20090626/001111260f910baeed1e06.jpg

My only response to that is...

No one likes Baseball in Australia ;)

Fantasy Hero
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:42 PM

:secret: none likes baseball out of the USA and Japan:p

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:44 PM

No one likes Baseball in Australia ;):lol: Neither do I here in the U.S. ;)
My team SUCKS. :lol:

But you still haven't answered my rebuttal to your assertion about Serena only playing for herself. :devil:

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:45 PM
:secret: none likes baseball out of the USA and Japan:p

and Cuba :p

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:47 PM
:lol: Neither do I here in the U.S. ;)
My team SUCKS. :lol:

But you still haven't answered my rebuttal to your assertion about Serena only playing for herself. :devil:

Yes your right I know about her PL.

But I know she is not comitted (married) and hasn't popped out a baby ;) so she doesn't have any major responsibilites IMO

Ive noticed Denise has left the thread...she knew when she was beaten :lol:

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:50 PM

No one likes Baseball in Australia ;)AH... okay, then this one is probably more appropriate. ;)
Great Whites are definitely recognizable in Australia.
http://int.nfdaily.cn/tk/content/images/attachement/jpg/site88/20090626/001111260f910baeed1d05.jpg

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:54 PM
AH... okay, then this one is probably more appropriate. ;)
Great Whites are definitely recognizable in Australia.
http://int.nfdaily.cn/tk/content/images/attachement/jpg/site88/20090626/001111260f910baeed1d05.jpg

OMG :sobbing:

RVD

But I know she is not comitted (married) and hasn't popped out a baby ;) so she doesn't have any major responsibilites IMO

Ive noticed Denise has left the thread...she knew when she was beaten :lol:But don't you think that a serious athlete maintains a focus on her profession/craft? If Serena were to have a baby, then that's placing her profession on the backburner.

Right now, it's obvious that she is certainly committed to "Tennis". :shrug: But people don't even give her that respect.

terjw
BTW - what is the team now?

RVD
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:56 PM
OMG :sobbing:I like that one.
I just can't figure out if it's real or photoshopped. :scratch:

BlameSerena
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:57 PM
Now you're simply being pathetic.

:spit: :lol:

Anyway, Serena doesn't have to answer to anyone but herself. All of the people who are "mad" at her for this will just have to get over it...or apparently not from this thread :lol: :shrug:

The Kaz
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:09 AM
I like that one.
I just can't figure out if it's real or photoshopped. :scratch:

LOL!

:secret: its photoshopped ;)

Stamp Paid
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:39 AM

Epic Fail Post!

And its term of what does 'usually' Im not going to waste my time giving you stats...look 'em up youself if your so interested!LOL, why wouldnt she?

The Kaz
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:06 AM
LOL, why wouldnt she?

Call it an educated guess :p

She is 28 and has never had a really serious relationship. (I don't buy all the hollywood glamour crap).

clementine
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:06 AM
Serena has no business whinging about the lack of support she gets in the US when she shows such little interest in representing her country in Fed Cup.

Stamp Paid
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:10 AM

She is 28 and has never had a really serious relationship. (I don't buy all the hollywood glamour crap).Oh really?
Wow. Even I didnt know that and Im a major fan. You sure do have a lot of insight into her personal life, considering the fact that you're an "Official" Disliker of her. :scratch:

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:12 AM

She is 28 and has never had a really serious relationship. (I don't buy all the hollywood glamour crap).

Exactly what part of your guess is educated?

I don't get how you're determining whether Serena will ever have a husband and kids :confused:. I'm a big fan and really have never thought about it that much. But you have? :lol:. Just admit you're :inlove: with her. That's the only explanation.

I'm willing to listen to your theory because I need a good laugh I'm sure you've put so much thought into it. Please amuse enlighten me. :wavey:

Roookie
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:12 AM
Mary Joe :hug:. Did she really expect Serena to play?. :lol:

Stamp Paid
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM
Exactly what part of your guess is educated?

I don't get how you're determining whether Serena will have a husband and kids :confused:.

I'm willing to listen to your theory because I need a good laugh I'm sure you've put so much thought into it, so please amuse enlighten me. :wavey:*sits next to you and waits*

moby
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM

She is 28 and has never had a really serious relationship. (I don't buy all the hollywood glamour crap).Obviously this means she will never have a serious relationship ever!

Poor Serena. :sad:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:29 AM
Serena has no business whinging about the lack of support she gets in the US when she shows such little interest in representing her country in Fed Cup.

well she never really had it in the first plaace, did she? :shrug:

Slammer7
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:30 AM

She's not whining. :confused: And I remember a player named Capriati that told BJK to "F*ck off" and acted like a brat during Fed Cup and cost the U.S a tie by getting herself kicked off the team and being anti social to her team mates, but I remember the U.S crowds treating her wonderfully. And do you know why? Because outside of tennis die-hards like ourselves most people don't give a shit about or don't even know what the hell Fed Cup is. So why would the average match attending tennis fan hold that against her when most of them don't even know whether she has participated or not? Most people didn't know about Oudin or Glatch because of Fed Cup most people know about Oudin because of her runs at Wimbledon and the U.S Open, many don't even know who the hell Glatch is. :shrug: For most people playing in the Olympics and bringing home those Olympic Gold medals count as "playing for your country"

Oh and the idea that any of us know if Serena whether we love or dislike her (or any other celebrity for that matter) is going to get married and have children is sick. I wish every human being love happiness and a family (if they want one) no matter if I like them or not. I hope she and every other player or person for that matter achieves whatever romantic goals they aspire to. :wavey: To wish a person other wise if pretty low. :(

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM

you're Australian and don't like her....so why do you care? :unsure:

Stamp Paid
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
where is this thick Aussie with all the insight into Serena's personal life? :lol:
His caretaker must have taken his laptop for the night.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:35 AM

OMG..this is beyond stupid. it truly defies logic. :o

where is this thick Aussie with all the insight into Serena's personal life? :lol:

:sobbing:

The Kaz
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:36 AM
you're Australian and don't like her....so why do you care? :unsure:

I care on principle...and I believe in being nationalistic.

Galsen
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:38 AM

that's your problem if you didn't see that she was injured today you need help

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:48 AM
*sits next to you and waits*

*plays cards with Le Bon Vivant and waits*

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:50 AM

I haven't left the thread for that reason, it's just that your reasoning is too juvenile to be bothered with. You have to be a kid with a very juvenile mind to think that the only major responsibilities in life are marriage and kids. And, you lost credibility when you commented that you doubt she ever will be married and have kids. That's just too stupid to comment on.

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:52 AM

:lol::lol::lol: She just won a gold medal for her country in the Olympics. Please shut up.

HRHoliviasmith
She's not whining. :confused: And I remember a player named Capriati that told BJK to "F*ck off" and acted like a brat during Fed Cup and cost the U.S a tie by getting herself kicked off the team and being anti social to her team mates, but I remember the U.S crowds treating her wonderfully. And do you know why? Because outside of tennis die-hards like ourselves most people don't give a shit about or don't even know what the hell Fed Cup is. So why would the average match attending tennis fan hold that against her when most of them don't even know whether she has participated or not? Most people didn't know about Oudin or Glatch because of Fed Cup most people know about Oudin because of her runs at Wimbledon and the U.S Open, many don't even know who the hell Glatch is. :shrug: For most people playing in the Olympics and bringing home those Olympic Gold medals count as "playing for your country"

Oh and the idea that any of us know if Serena whether we love or dislike her (or any other celebrity for that matter) is going to get married and have children is sick. I wish every human being love happiness and a family (if they want one) no matter if I like them or not. I hope she and every other player or person for that matter achieves whatever romantic goals they aspire to. :wavey: To wish a person other wise if pretty low. :(

Great post! :worship: the fed cup bs is such a smoke screen. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:54 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:56 AM

Amen. Especially the last paragraph.

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:57 AM
Great post! :worship: the fed cup bs is such a smoke screen. :rolleyes:

Trust me, haters like Kaz will find anything she does to criticize. I guess Mother Theresa had no major responsibilities in life because she had no marriage and kids...but oh wait, she was canonized a saint so she must have had some major responsibilities. :lol:

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:08 AM
To get into shape for the slams - for herself. It was the only reason. ;)

:spit: They start playing WTT immediately after Wimbledon. :o

Eduardo Oliveira
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:09 AM
Serena :ras: :hug:
Now, go Italy

Golovinjured.
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:11 AM
:haha:

The Kaz
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:50 AM
Trust me, haters like Kaz will find anything she does to criticize. I guess Mother Theresa had no major responsibilities in life because she had no marriage and kids...but oh wait, she was canonized a saint so she must have had some major responsibilities. :lol:

I'm a he :rolleyes:

And im not going to waste my time with you twats...Ive got more important things to do today. :wavey:

StarDuvallGrant

And im not going to waste my time with you twats...Ive got more important things to do today. :wavey:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=16404693&postcount=7

You lie :lol:

Brooks.
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:34 AM
good. she shouldn't play for fernandez after the way she treated serena @ the us open.

Golovinjured.
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:46 AM
Well I hope MJF doesn't select her for the next 2 years so she misses out on the olympics :ras:

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:49 AM
Well I hope MJF doesn't select her for the next 2 years so she misses out on the olympics :ras:

:rolleyes: Yeah right.

Golovinjured.
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:54 AM
:rolleyes: How did I know you'd be here as soon as I posted that.

Stamp Paid
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=16404693&postcount=7

You lie :lol:LMAO

The Kaz = :weirdo:

Kunal
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
too bad

mykarma
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:01 PM
Just as well since you've made a complete fool of yourself from the nonsense you've posted on this topic.

hectopascal
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
:lol::lol::lol: She just won a gold medal for her country in the Olympics. Please shut up.

She won the gold medal for herself. It's OK to be selfish, tennis is a selfish sport.

ce
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM

well you sure are full of c :tape:

mykarma
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:27 PM
good

still posting

and Cuba :p
still posting

still posting
LOL!

:secret: its photoshopped ;)
still posting

still posting
still posting

still posting

Gosh you guys are stupid. MJF is the coach not the owner of FED cup. She just like any other coach would be a fool not to invite the best player in the WTA. You all need to stop saying stupid, childish shit just to have something to say.

Finally, even if Serena doesn't go to the Olympics for whatever reason, do you think it'll be the end of the world for her? If Serena stops playing tennis today, her record stands on it's on.

JJandAna4ever
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry, but how can you fans defend this? She lost early in China. Had more than week of rest for Doha. Then she's going to have another week of rest before Fed cup. Really, her body should be able to take it. If it can't, than I worry more for her and her training methods than anything else. A professional player tennis player who gets injured playing so little tennis needs help because her training methods are really unhealthy. Other women get injured by this time of year because they play and committed to many tournaments. Serena not only plays less than anyone else, she lost in the first round of several tournaments (and received byes to other ones). She has no excuse for being tired.

If she's not tired and just does not want to play out of laziness, then I lost a lot of respect for her.

Valanga
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:58 PM
:sobbing: just give Italy the title.

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry, but how can you fans defend this? She lost early in China. Had more than week of rest for Doha. Then she's going to have another week of rest before Fed cup. Really, her body should be able to take it. If it can't, than I worry more for her and her training methods than anything else. A professional player tennis player who gets injured playing so little tennis needs help because her training methods are really unhealthy. Other women get injured by this time of year because they play and committed to many tournaments. Serena not only plays less than anyone else, she lost in the first round of several tournaments (and received byes to other ones). She has no excuse for being tired.

If she's not tired and just does not want to play out of laziness, then I lost a lot of respect for her.

And how would you determine that? Does she need to fall on the floor screaming in order to be injured? She's been nursing that left leg/knee off and on since Dubai. And it has been wrapped since she's been in Doha. Perhaps she thought she'd be okay, but doesn't want to risk further injury? I got the feeling that she really wanted to play this year. I guess it is all speculation as to why she won't. But, I'd bet it is because she's not feeling well in that left leg.

AcesHigh
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
She's too injured to play 2 or 3 matches for a Fed Cup title yet she's fine enough to be blowing competition away at YEC. Hmmm. Also what happened to all that talk about I'll play unless I'm in a wheelchair

No excuse. Serena is selfish and doesn't care about Fed Cup or Team USA. That's fine. But some of you guys are looking dumb trying to deny that

terjw
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
She's too injured to play 2 or 3 matches for a Fed Cup title yet she's fine enough to be blowing competition away at YEC. Hmmm. Also what happened to all that talk about I'll play unless I'm in a wheelchair

No excuse. Serena is selfish and doesn't care about Fed Cup or Team USA. That's fine. But some of you guys are looking dumb trying to deny that

Well whatever her reasons - I just think it's so good that those players who were thrilled to represent their country and got USA into the finals against all expectations now get their chance to play in the finals. Despite USA having a much better chance of winning with the sisters playing - it always seemed wrong to me that those players were to be cast aside. There could be practical problems with injuries - but I'd like to see a Fed Cup competition rule that to play in the final, you have to have been in the team for at least one of the ties that year.

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM
I did not read it anywhere :shrug:

and she was not in a wheelchair at the end of her match with Venus :p

Alex03Maccy
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
'fatigue' she was never going to play anyway :lol:

VishaalMaria
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Fatigued.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, she already has been fatigued before playing her final match.:lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:13 PM
She needs to rest badly, she looked soo tired in her doubles match yesterday, plus her thigh is really troubling her even though she is not makign a show of it. You could see her grimace (after she turned her back to Venus) after so many points today.

Vlover
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
She simply did not feel the need to further extend herself with all her injuries for an insignificant tournament. I don't see the need for her to bend over backwards either for a country that doesn't appreciate her efforts anyway. Go take care of your self Serena and allow the American darlings win the Fed Cup on their own.:rolleyes:

Marcell
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
There is also something with her Abdomen also. Pam Shriver mentioned it and her abdomen was strapped when she was serving and her shirt lifted up.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM

why would serena care about team usa when usa is the country that booed her relentlessly as a teenager that did nothing wrong?? you mean play for that usa??

or for the same usa that tore down her and her family from the get go, even through her most successful period calling her bad for the sport, yet now that there are no more americans in the upper echelons of tennis she is NOW american???

can't be that "Team usa" :rolls:

what does fed cup give serena?? what does "team usa" give to serena?? 2/3 days on an injured leg (surprisingly the same knee she had surgery on) could cost couple months down the road but i guess you wouldn't know that either or did you miss the start of the year when she actually decided to play sydney, ao, paris, dubai, miami, and ended up with a bad leg from dubai throughout the clay season??

Marcell
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Fed Cup just one tournament too many, says Serena

DOHA (AFP) – Serena Williams on Sunday blamed physical exhaustion for her withdrawal from the US team to face Italy in the Fed Cup final.

The world number one had been called up for the first time since 2007 to lead the American challenge in Reggio Calabria from November 7-8, but she insisted that her body would not hold up.

"I definitely really want to go, but I don't think I would do well physically," said Serena after defeating sister Venus in the WTA Championships final here on Sunday.

"It's very difficult to play such a mental week and then come back and play again. Right now I'm just struggling in every aspect of my body.

"It's a very difficult decision that I actually couldn't make. I had to get input from my mom and my dad. People that are close to me had to just basically tell me what I needed to do as opposed to me making the decision."

The US team to tackle Italy will be made up of Vania King, Alexa Glatch, US Open quarter-finalist Melanie Oudin and doubles specialist Liezel Huber.

Vlover
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:30 PM
[B] I had to get input from my mom and my dad. People that are close to me had to just basically tell me what I needed to do as opposed to me making the decision."
Good that she can still rely on her parents to help her make decisions.

RVD
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:39 PM

If she's not tired and just does not want to play out of laziness, then I lost a lot of respect for her.I have to agree with BlameSeren in his/her reply to you here:And how would you determine that? Does she need to fall on the floor screaming in order to be injured? She's been nursing that left leg/knee off and on since Dubai. And it has been wrapped since she's been in Doha. Perhaps she thought she'd be okay, but doesn't want to risk further injury? I got the feeling that she really wanted to play this year. I guess it is all speculation as to why she won't. But, I'd bet it is because she's not feeling well in that left leg.In truth, we, the observer, NEVER truly know the extent of a player's injury. How COULD we?!

I recall back when Serena made the decision to have her knee operation. She'd just come off of a great run the entire year, and was dominating the WTA. She seemed fine to me as an observer. I mean she was simply KILLING the competition. Suddenly, she decides to have a knee operation?!

THEN, I find out later that she was playing in constant pain. :eek:

Seriously, Serena knows what's good for Serena. I trust her to dhe decide based upon how she physically and mentally feels. And her coaches and doctors and trainers ALWAYS back her up when the WTA questions those decisions or motives.
So I really believe that you should at least consider things from those perspectives before levying any such criticisms without knowing all of the intimate facts.

RVD
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM

No excuse. Serena is selfish and doesn't care about Fed Cup or Team USA. That's fine. But some of you guys are looking dumb trying to deny thatIsn't on clay? And doesn't clay take vastly most work (footwork)?
What is it really that you don't understand? :confused:

At any rate, it was a superb decision. Better to convalesce completely and prep for the next season. No sense in pushing your body more than need be for 2-3 MORE games that someone else could easily play. I mean, it IS team play. :shrug:

RVD
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:50 PM

DOHA (AFP) – Serena Williams on Sunday blamed physical exhaustion for her withdrawal from the US team to face Italy in the Fed Cup final.

The world number one had been called up for the first time since 2007 to lead the American challenge in Reggio Calabria from November 7-8, but she insisted that her body would not hold up.

"I definitely really want to go, but I don't think I would do well physically," said Serena after defeating sister Venus in the WTA Championships final here on Sunday.

"It's very difficult to play such a mental week and then come back and play again. Right now I'm just struggling in every aspect of my body.

"It's a very difficult decision that I actually couldn't make. I had to get input from my mom and my dad. People that are close to me had to just basically tell me what I needed to do as opposed to me making the decision."

The US team to tackle Italy will be made up of Vania King, Alexa Glatch, US Open quarter-finalist Melanie Oudin and doubles specialist Liezel Huber.:worship: :worship:

THANK YOU for this article Marcell.
I wrote my last two replies before seeing this, and it seems that I was right on point. :bounce:

sweetpeas
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
She alway's give her all.Never a quitter!I love the sisters for that....No matter what others think!

BlameSerena
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM
Good that she can still rely on her parents to help her make decisions.

I was thinking the same thing.

manu32
Nov 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Who cares about Fed Cup.....Nobody.....Period.....

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
She won the gold medal for herself. It's OK to be selfish, tennis is a selfish sport.

All of the medals count toward the countries' count of medals and it was for her country, which is why she said it means so much to her. They don't get paid for the medals. Everyone in the Olympics play for their country.

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:46 AM

And you guys are dumb trying to criticize her for it. You don't know the details of why she pulled out. If she's being selfish, then so is Venus. But, your big difference with Venus is that Venus pulled out before being announced as part of the team, which is a dumb comparison.:rolleyes:

I believe in Serena and if she feels that the best thing for her to do is not play Fed Cup on clay in Italy on a bum leg, that she was clearly struggling with in the final against Vee today, than that's her decision and I for one am not going to judge her for taking care of her health. Especially at the age of 28, and looking toward defending her title in two months.

The Kaz
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:09 AM
All of the medals count toward the countries' count of medals and it was for her country, which is why she said it means so much to her. They don't get paid for the medals. Everyone in the Olympics play for their country.

:haha: Then you obviously know NOTHING about the Olympics.

Nearly every country award medal winners 'bonuses' sometimes upto $300,000 for every Gold medal.

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
:haha: Then you obviously know NOTHING about the Olympics.

Nearly every country award medal winners 'bonuses' sometimes upto $300,000 for every Gold medal.

Serena made $1.5 million dollars today for 10 hours of tennis this week. Do you think $300K makes a difference to her?

Lindsayfan32
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Too bad. She's had quite a long season by her standards and obviously the body is feeling it.

And I'd rather see her on the Jonathan Ross show. http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

Translated Serena Williams is not fit enough. Why is everyone surprised. I knew this was coming the only thing we didn't get was her lame excuse. She was never going to play. A long season what a joke that is. She didn't even have to fly very far ad piked out. I'm glad she has as she didn't deserve to play in the first place. Thanks for the laugh on Serena's long season.:lol:

Golovinjured.
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Whyyyyyyyyy say yes, and then pull out? GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLL! :rolleyes:

BlameSerena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM

The US team to tackle Italy will be made up of Vania King, Alexa Glatch, US Open quarter-finalist Melanie Oudin and doubles specialist Liezel Huber.

Thanks for posting. I almost didn't see this due to the desperation of the haters. Goodness gracious alive.

Vlover
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
Translated Serena Williams is not fit enough. I'm glad she has as she didn't deserve to play in the first place. Thanks for the laugh on Serena's long season.:lol:
Why are you so concern about Serena's fitness and what and where she chooses to play?:rolleyes: Serena has the last laugh as her priorities have worked well in her favor. She was fit enough to win 2/4 majors and what the WTA called their biggest event the YEC, secure the #1 again restoring some credibility to the WTA and earned over $6m in the process. You opinion is irrelevant. Serena is giving you what you wanted and moving on to her book tour, so why are you still bellyaching?:weirdo:

darrinbaker00
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
All this time, I thought Serena was a grown-a** woman. I was obviously mistaken.

BlameSerena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
:lol:
Well she did make the decision with her parents' "input." Hmph.

Still a grown a** woman. ;)

miffedmax
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
All this time, I thought Serena was a grown-a** woman. I was obviously mistaken.

Holy crap. If I was a fan of ANY OTHER FREAKING PLAYER ON MOTHER EARTH i would be giving you Serena fans so much shit.

She beats Lena at YEC. Shows up for a book signing with KILLER bangs. And comes out and says something like this.

It's like Serena is just yanking my chain. All I can do is :lol:

Lena's bangs.

ZODIAC
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Translated Serena Williams is not fit enough. Why is everyone surprised. I knew this was coming the only thing we didn't get was her lame excuse. She was never going to play. A long season what a joke that is. She didn't even have to fly very far ad piked out. I'm glad she has as she didn't deserve to play in the first place. Thanks for the laugh on Serena's long season.:lol:she has $6.5mil reasons so eat your heart out:devil:

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Translated Serena Williams is not fit enough. Why is everyone surprised. I knew this was coming the only thing we didn't get was her lame excuse. She was never going to play. A long season what a joke that is. She didn't even have to fly very far ad piked out. I'm glad she has as she didn't deserve to play in the first place. Thanks for the laugh on Serena's long season.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: No, she just outlasted and beat every single woman in the top eight that fell to pieces with injuries from the long season, but she's not fit enough. Whatever. :rolleyes: Are they not fit enough as well? Can you understand that she's just exhausted? Would you be happy if Serena just died and left the face of the earth? I bet you would because it's obvious your hate overcomes all sense of reason. :lol:

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM

Everyone needs help making difficult decisions, no matter how old they get. Obviously she's saying that she wanted to play, but that her injuries and health were issues that she wanted to discuss with the people closest to her. I'm sure that you're a grown-ass man as well, but you don't make decisions affecting your health and career without your wife's input.

Why do you always see things in black and white when it comes to Serena? She may not express herself as well as some and sometimes you just have to read between the lines, but I guess it's not your style to give her or any other woman a break. :rolleyes:

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Pathetic.

drake3781
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Oh well, maybe Serena will still go and support the team as a spectator? :shrug:

And this post truly made me :rolls: .

Denise4925
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Pathetic.

We all know how pathetic you are drake. No need to go around telling everyone. Just put a sign around your neck. That will suffice for people who don't really know you. :)

BlameSerena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
:lol::lol::lol: No, she just outlasted and beat every single woman in the top eight that fell to pieces with injuries from the long season, but she's not fit enough. Whatever. :rolleyes: Are they not fit enough as well? Can you understand that she's just exhausted? Would you be happy if Serena just died and left the face of the earth? I bet you would because it's obvious your hate overcomes all sense of reason. :lol:

Unfortunately I think that poster would be happy if such a thing happened. Damn. Glad Serena listens to people who actually give a shit about her when it comes to making important decisions like this.

darrinbaker00
Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Everyone needs help making difficult decisions, no matter how old they get. Obviously she's saying that she wanted to play, but that her injuries and health were issues that she wanted to discuss with the people closest to her. I'm sure that you're a grown-ass man as well, but you don't make decisions affecting your health and career without your wife's input.

Why do you always see things in black and white when it comes to Serena? She may not express herself as well as some and sometimes you just have to read between the lines, but I guess it's not your style to give her or any other woman a break. :rolleyes:
You're absolutely right, De. I don't make decisions that affect my health and career without my wife's input, but I make the decision, not her. Serena admitted in this case that she did not make the decision to pull out of Fed Cup. "People that are close to me had to just basically tell me what I needed to do as opposed to me making the decision." How can that possibly be misinterpreted?

ZODIAC
Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
You're absolutely right, De. I don't make decisions that affect my health and career without my wife's input, but I make the decision, not her. Serena admitted in this case that she did not make the decision to pull out of Fed Cup. "People that are close to me had to just basically tell me what I needed to do as opposed to me making the decision." How can that possibly be misinterpreted?
At least she will not be harassed for quiting the team,she will always say its her family that had the final say...and we all know these haters are scared of Richard:lol::tape:

Rocketta
Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:47 AM

Some people respect their parent's opinion no matter what their age... what's your point? To try to act like someone may not be grown or completely self-sufficient because they struggled with a decision and decided to defer to her elder's opinion is really not a great example of "grown ass" behavior in itself, imo. :shrug:

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:27 AM

Because she probably didn't want to pull out darrin, and her team said she needed to and convinced her. In the end, she's the one who had to make the decision. Her mother didn't call Mary Jo with a note saying Serena couldn't participate. :rolleyes: So ultimately it was her decision.

Cakeisgood
Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:29 AM
It was obvious from the onset that she wasn't going to play. That wheelchair shit was cute, but obviously a farce. Did you honestly expect her to go to Italy and then play on CLAY?!!

It's unreasonable for us to expect her to play considering her condition, but at the same time, it was foolish of Serena to commit in the first place. You have the feeling that Ree knew she would get to the final considering her mentality towards big tournaments. Thus, she has nobody to blame but herself for the haters. Don't sign up for Fed Cup and make some dramatic statement saying that you'll be there and then back out.

People are overreacting here on both sides though. Standard TF protocol.

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:40 AM
Cake, you may doubt her, but I really think she meant it and wanted to play. Serena tends toward the dramatic when she makes statements, hence the "wheelchair" comment, but to me that signaled that it was her intention to help the team out. However, she's never gotten through a Round Robin tournament, which is very tough mentally, emotionally and physically, let alone beat everyone in her path. I think it took a toll on her physically and mentally. She's hobbling on one leg and was physically and emotionally exhausted by the end of this tournament. She is the only one that made it through that tournament, literally on one leg. You could see the exhaustion on her face at the end of the final. Then she had the book signing tour in London immediately thereafter, then to travel to Italy from there and play on one of the toughest surfaces physically and try and carry a team to victory would have been too much.

The haters are going to hate regardless of what she does or doesn't do. It's the people like you, who are not really fans and not really haters, who's senses and reasonability I appeal to on her behalf. Her fans are just reacting to the unreasonably harsh criticism levied at her, in light of what she has accomplished over the last week. Not playing for Fed Cup doesn't take anything away from her patriotism or nationalism. She loves her country, as we all do, but it's just not worth it and her family convinced her of it. Hence, she pulled out, even though she committed. It would be nice if we could all be wise enough to foreshadow and see ahead what we commit to do initially, but unfortunately sometimes things arise out of our control that make commitments hard to keep. This was one of those times for her.

azinna
Nov 3rd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Seems completely reasonable to pull out if you're hobbled and mentally exhausted. :shrug:
Not a great combination on clay, and against fresh, surface-savvy Italians.
Not sure what the fuss is all about....

ZODIAC
Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:30 AM
Federer had to forgo the asian part of the mens tour because he was exhausted and no one said anything but Serena said the same thing and she is villified left and right....these are the double standards that plague tennis.

The Kaz
Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:47 AM
The haters are going to hate regardless of what she does or doesn't do. It's the people like you, who are not really fans and not really haters, who's senses and reasonability I appeal to on her behalf. Her fans are just reacting to the unreasonably harsh criticism levied at her, in light of what she has accomplished over the last week.

What a load of crap.

You fans are just as bad if not worse than the haters combined, and you seek every opputunity to argue :weirdo:

Pureracket
Nov 3rd, 2009, 05:30 AM
kaz, are you demska?

The Kaz
Nov 3rd, 2009, 06:26 AM
kaz, are you demska?

No :angel:

darrinbaker00
Nov 3rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Federer had to forgo the asian part of the mens tour because he was exhausted and no one said anything but Serena said the same thing and she is villified left and right....these are the double standards that plague tennis.
If Federer had committed to playing the Asian swing and then pulled out a few days later, then criticism would have been warranted. Serena set herself up with the "I'll play if I'm not in a wheelchair" comment. The only double standard here is in your head.

ZODIAC
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
If Federer had committed to playing the Asian swing and then pulled out a few days later, then criticism would have been warranted. Serena set herself up with the "I'll play if I'm not in a wheelchair" comment. The only double standard here is in your head.
as usual grandpa has to chime in even when he cant find his dentures,sometimes you have to wait to get your choppers fitted in properly before you start speaking in tongues:p:fiery::lol::devil:

Matt01
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM

Exactly.

bad_angel_109
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
this has caused quite a stir. im gonna sound a bit lame, but hopefully it'll be a good contest between italy and the US in the FD final.

BuTtErFrEnA
Nov 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM

federer did commit idiot....federer withdrew just before the asian swing and surprised his fans as well...your point is therefore invalid...but what would I expect from you, the one who thinks a woman asking her PARENTS to help make a decision makes her not "a grown ass woman"

and is it just me or was serena injured at yec, looked completely exhausted by the end of that final and even said herself she didn't think she could have gone 3 sets so she knew she had to do it in 2....or is she just fat and unfit as compared to all the others who had to retire with whatever, and the men who complain of exhuastion by the time time the fall season rolls around?

RVD
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
federer did commit idiot....federer withdrew just before the asian swing and surprised his fans as well...your point is therefore invalid...but what would I expect from you, the one who thinks a woman asking her PARENTS to help make a decision makes her not "a grown ass woman"

and is it just me or was serena injured at yec, looked completely exhausted by the end of that final and even said herself she didn't think she could have gone 3 sets so she knew she had to do it in 2....or is she just fat and unfit as compared to all the others who had to retire with whatever, and the men who complain of exhuastion by the time time the fall season rolls around?I guarantee you that it isn't just you. :wavey:

I've noticed all the same lame ass excuses when it comes to folks disagreeing with Serena's decisions. It's as if they feel that they can somehow make better decisions that Serena and her host of intimate supporters (family, doctors, trainers, physical therapists, etc...). It tells you exactly what sort of people they are to feel that they are somehow better individuals.
I believe that's called “bigotry”.
Knowing this, I just sit here, laugh, and shake my head at the usual “armchair” coaches and doctors who constantly attempt to impose their inferior views on Serena and her fans. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM

Why is criticism warranted at all toward Serena on this matter? Because of her comment about the wheelchair? :confused:

darrinbaker00
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Why is criticism warranted at all toward Serena on this matter? Because of her comment about the wheelchair? :confused:
That, plus the fact that she committed and "un-committed" to play all within a few days. If you were Mary Joe Fernandez, De, would you be able to trust Serena at her word from now on when it comes to Fed Cup?

Arnian
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
That, plus the fact that she committed and "un-committed" to play all within a few days. If you were Mary Joe Fernandez, De, would you be able to trust Serena at her word from now on when it comes to Fed Cup?

She shouldn't have committed at all, I'm still pondering why she did. It seemed like I was just getting over the excitement of watching her play FedCup to hear like a few days later that she pulled out. It was really strange.

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:33 PM

That only warrants criticism when you want to criticize and have nothing else to criticize. Give it a rest darrin. You've lost this battle.

:lol: As for your question, I would have no choice if I wanted the best player in the world to play for me. :haha: That has to be the stupidest question you've ever asked.

Denise4925
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
She shouldn't have committed at all, I'm still pondering why she did. It seemed like I was just getting over the excitement of watching her play FedCup to hear like a few days later that she pulled out. It was really strange.

But she did commit, but what does her committing or not committing change? :confused:

She committed because she obviously wanted to play, but you saw for yourself how exhausted she was after the final. Good god, you people act like Serena is a robot. Plus, she would be playing on clay. Not her best surface and everyone but her would be fresh. She's the only player in the entire Final Tie that had to play 12 hours of tennis in a row, one week before playing another tournament on clay, against players who grew up on the stuff no less.

darrinbaker00
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:50 PM
That only warrants criticism when you want to criticize and have nothing else to criticize. Give it a rest darrin. You've lost this battle.
It's easy to win a battle when you're the only one fighting, De. Congratulations. :yeah:
:lol: As for your question, I would have no choice if I wanted the best player in the world to play for me. :haha: That has to be the stupidest question you've ever asked.
So you would have no problem asking her again, eh? That's like Charlie Brown going back to kick the football after Lucy pulls it away from him time and time again.

darrinbaker00
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
But she did commit, but what does her committing or not committing change? :confused:

She committed because she obviously wanted to play, but you saw for yourself how exhausted she was after the final. Good god, you people act like Serena is a robot. Plus, she would be playing on clay. Not her best surface and everyone but her would be fresh. She's the only player in the entire Final Tie that had to play 12 hours of tennis in a row, one week before playing another tournament on clay, against players who grew up on the stuff no less.
Serena knew when and on what surface the Fed Cup tie would be played, De. She also knew that she would be playing at least four matches (she wound up playing six) the week before the Fed Cup tie. She knew all of that, and she still told Mary Joe Fernandez that she would play, only to change her mind shortly afterwards. If Serena weren't involved, I know you would see how unprofessional that is.

Pureracket
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Serena knew when and on what surface the Fed Cup tie would be played, De. She also knew that she would be playing at least four matches (she wound up playing six) the week before the Fed Cup tie. She knew all of that, and she still told Mary Joe Fernandez that she would play, only to change her mind shortly afterwards. If Serena weren't involved, I know you would see how unprofessional that is.Darrin, (I would be surprised if this weren't covered already). Serena is visibly injured. She's had surgery before, and she knows that the next major injury could be the end of her career. Are you seriously going to blame her for being more concerned about that?

ZODIAC
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Serena knew when and on what surface the Fed Cup tie would be played, De. She also knew that she would be playing at least four matches (she wound up playing six) the week before the Fed Cup tie. She knew all of that, and she still told Mary Joe Fernandez that she would play, only to change her mind shortly afterwards. If Serena weren't involved, I know you would see how unprofessional that is.
why are always behaving like a bitter old man,Serena can do whatever she wants and doesnt owe you nothing.So go put on your granpa pjs ,remove your dentures,drink your milk and go do bed:rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
Darrin, (I would be surprised if this weren't covered already). Serena is visibly injured. She's had surgery before, and she knows that the next major injury could be the end of her career. Are you seriously going to blame her for being more concerned about that?
Pureracket, if I'm blaming Serena for anything, it's for going back on her word. That's for amateurs, and Serena's anything but.

darrinbaker00
Nov 4th, 2009, 12:00 AM
why are always behaving like a bitter old man,Serena can do whatever she wants and doesnt owe you nothing.So go put on your granpa pjs ,remove your dentures,drink your milk and go do bed:rolleyes:
First of all, start paying attention in grammar class. Secondly, telling the same bad jokes over and over make them less funny, not more (believe me, I know). Thirdly, and most importantly, you will be as "old" as I am (44) a lot sooner than you think.

VeeJJ
Nov 4th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Glatch beat Penneta 6-1, 6-1 at Roland Garros this year lol.... ummmmm i wouldn't call it yet...

Uranium
Nov 4th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Glatch beat Penneta 6-1, 6-1 at Roland Garros this year lol.... ummmmm i wouldn't call it yet...

Pennetta was injured. And Glatch is not close to that form currently sadly.

ZODIAC
Nov 4th, 2009, 02:45 AM
First of all, start paying attention in grammar class. Secondly, telling the same bad jokes over and over make them less funny, not more (believe me, I know). Thirdly, and most importantly, you will be as "old" as I am (44) a lot sooner than you think.
yeah you are a knowitall:rolleyes:the uncle Ray Ray that is a pain in the a..:p:tape:

Denise4925
Nov 4th, 2009, 04:04 AM
It's easy to win a battle when you're the only one fighting, De. Congratulations. :yeah:

Meaning you don't have anything better to counter with. I'll give you an "A" for effort though. :yeah:

So you would have no problem asking her again, eh? That's like Charlie Brown going back to kick the football after Lucy pulls it away from him time and time again.

Well, first it's a poor analogy. Secondly, you completely either intentionally (which I desperately hope, since I know you are an intelligent man) or unwittingly missed the entire point. I'll say it one more time. Serena is the best female tennis player in the world and she's a citizen in your country and you mean to tell me, you're captain of the Fed Cup team and just because she turned you down once, you won't ask her again? Let's not even take into consideration that you want to win the ties next year and Serena wants to go to the 2012 Olympics. Shut up. :lol: It would be different if she had more than two top ten players in her country, but she doesn't. :lol: She'd look like a damned fool all for her own selfish pride.

darrinbaker00
Nov 4th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Meaning you don't have anything better to counter with. I'll give you an "A" for effort though. :yeah:

Well, first it's a poor analogy. Secondly, you completely either intentionally (which I desperately hope, since I know you are an intelligent man) or unwittingly missed the entire point. I'll say it one more time. Serena is the best female tennis player in the world and she's a citizen in your country and you mean to tell me, you're captain of the Fed Cup team and just because she turned you down once, you won't ask her again? Let's not even take into consideration that you want to win the ties next year and Serena wants to go to the 2012 Olympics. Shut up. :lol: It would be different if she had more than two top ten players in her country, but she doesn't. :lol: She'd look like a damned fool all for her own selfish pride.
I wouldn't ask her again, no. If you look at Serena's Fed Cup history, you'll see that with the exception of 1999, she's done the bare minimum required to qualify for the Olympics. I truly believed that she was going to break that pattern this time, but I, like Mary Joe Fernandez and a lot of Serena's fans, were fooled yet again. Besides, Mary Joe made it to the finals without the best player in the world, so who's to say she won't win without her?

Denise4925
Nov 4th, 2009, 04:44 AM
I wouldn't ask her again, no. If you look at Serena's Fed Cup history, you'll see that with the exception of 1999, she's done the bare minimum required to qualify for the Olympics. I truly believed that she was going to break that pattern this time, but I, like Mary Joe Fernandez and a lot of Serena's fans, were fooled yet again. Besides, Mary Joe made it to the finals without the best player in the world, so who's to say she won't win without her?

First, I have to address why the Charlie Brown analogy was poor. Lucy is not the best ball holder in the world, let alone the US and Charlie Brown can get someone else to hold the ball just as well as Lucy. He's just too stupid to realize it. Serena is the best tennis player in the US. There is no one else in the US, except for Venus who's even close to her caliber. Now, let me just express the obvious. That's why you're not captain of the Fed Cup team and you're not Mary Jo Fernandez who knows tennis and what it takes to keep her job. Secondly, you're a fool. Thirdly, it doesn't matter what's happened in the past, if you want the best you play the politics in order to have it.

You truly believed she'd play because you have and always have had unrealistic expectations of Serena. I don't see a lot of Serena's fans complaining about her withdrawal and I really don't consider you a real Serena fan. And, none of Serena's fans are saying that she can't win without Serena. She has as good a chance to win without her as she does with her in this final, especially in light of the physical state Serena's in and on her worst surface against very fresh, good and seasoned clay court players on the other side.

Personally, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill because one of the biggest thrills for you on this message board is having something to criticize Serena for. All of her true fans are celebrating her victory at the YEC and her year end No. 1 status and looking forward to a motivated and healthy Serena at the AO in 2010. Her detractors are using this Fed Cup thing to overshadow that celebration. Personally I care more for her health, fitness and well being to play another season, then I do about Fed Cup. :shrug:

Trust me, Mary Jo will ask Serena and Venus again next year and if she doesn't, the USTA will fire her and she knows it. There's a reason for the Proverb, "pride cometh before a fall".

Cakeisgood
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:00 AM

I think the point that darrin is trying to make is not that MJF feels personally offended or jilted at Serena's withdrawal. I think the point is that MJF had counted on Serena to win matches for a weak team (let's not count Mel Oudin) and Serena had basically promised to go. Surely Serena didn't withdraw maliciously, but I get what darrin is saying. If in the future, Ree commits and say, a promising junior or a vet (Jill etc.) is given the boot, what happens if Ree withdraws? The other player could be off playing another event and MJF is left scrambling to find an inferior replacement.

I don't blame Serena for backing out. Fed cup isn't worth points, she's already YEC champ and YE #1. Obviously, playing could aggravate the injury that she sustained at YEC. But Denise, you can't expect that the people who aren't fans of the woman like yourself to simply accept that as you have. They have the right, and in fact, they have a point in saying that what she did was poorly planned. As it has been said before, she knew she would be playing at least four matches, ended up playing six, and none besides the RR against Venus were particularly taxing.

And thriller999, if you're going to be a troll, at least be a relevant troll.

Bijoux0021
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I think the point that darrin is trying to make is not that MJF feels personally offended or jilted at Serena's withdrawal. I think the point is that MJF had counted on Serena to win matches for a weak team (let's not count Mel Oudin) and Serena had basically promised to go. Surely Serena didn't withdraw maliciously, but I get what darrin is saying. If in the future, Ree commits and say, a promising junior or a vet (Jill etc.) is given the boot, what happens if Ree withdraws? The other player could be off playing another event and MJF is left scrambling to find an inferior replacement.

I don't blame Serena for backing out. Fed cup isn't worth points, she's already YEC champ and YE #1. Obviously, playing could aggravate the injury that she sustained at YEC. But Denise, you can't expect that the people who aren't fans of the woman like yourself to simply accept that as you have. They have the right, and in fact, they have a point in saying that what she did was poorly planned. As it has been said before, she knew she would be playing at least four matches, ended up playing six, and none besides the RR against Venus were particularly taxing.

Regardless of how many matches Serena knew she was going to play and ended up playing more, I doubt that she planned to get injured at the YEC.

Denise4925
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:27 AM

First, I totally get darrin's point and it's not what you've tried to spin it to be here. This is your point, not darrin's. Otherwise he wouldn't have used that analogy. His point is fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. It had nothing to do with replacement.

Second, any other US player besides Venus would be inferior in replacing Serena. Who could really make the difference that Serena would make? I mean if Serena or Venus can't play, does it really matter who does? :shrug:

Sure they can accept it as I have. It's reasonable. My reasoning has nothing to do with me being her fan. And frankly saying that's the only reason I can accept her withdrawal is because I'm a fan is a cop out for those who refuse to accept the reasonableness of her decision. People have every right to express their opinions, but that doesn't mean that it's a reasonable opinion in light of the facts. And of course they have a point that her commitment and withdrawal was poorly planned, but she didn't plan to be injured at the YEC either, and we are talking about two or three days between commitment and withdrawal, did it really make a difference? And this much of a difference to make this big of a deal about it. Enough to overshadow her performance at the YEC and the commitment she put into that? You have to see her fan's point of view, in that she can't even have a victory without doing something to stir unwarranted overreaction and criticism from detractors.

And to say that none of her matches were overtaxing, save one is just ridiculous. Half of the top eight fell like flies in the heat and humidity before they played two games, let alone two tough sets against the top 8 players in the toughest half of the round robin draw, and get through that half undefeated. Which leads me back to some people thinking that she's so tough she's not human. You don't think she was taxed and it didn't take a whole lot of effort to beat Elena D. Venus (three sets) and Sveta back to back to back for three days straight? :confused:

darrinbaker00
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM
You truly believed she'd play because you have and always have had unrealistic expectations of Serena.
Expecting Serena to keep her word is unrealistic, eh? That's good to know, De.

Denise4925
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Expecting Serena to keep her word is unrealistic, eh? That's good to know, De.

It has nothing to do with her word. If Serena had committed and then the day after, broke her leg, would you still expect her to keep her word? :rolleyes: That's ridiculous and you're getting more and more ridiculous the more you post on this topic. I'm trying to stick a fork in you, but you keep wanting to stay in the oven. This comment is just indicative of your unrealistic expectations.

Why don't you address the rest of my post if you want to continue this, because we both know that there's more to the discussion than just a matter of her keeping her word.

darrinbaker00
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:57 AM
It has nothing to do with her word. If Serena had committed and then the day after, broke her leg, would you still expect her to keep her word?:rolleyes: That's ridiculous and you're getting more and more ridiculous the more you post on this topic. I'm trying to stick a fork in you, but you keep wanting to stay in the oven.
Of course not, but Serena didn't break her leg, did she? If she was healthy enough to play six matches in seven days last week, she should be healthy enough to play two or three matches this week. If you can explain to me how playing Fed Cup would mess up her Australian Open prep two months from now, please do.

The Kaz
Nov 4th, 2009, 05:59 AM
People are still posting in this thread. :spit:

Im already over it...Serena is her own person and she can do what she wants I spose, who am I to judge?

I just hope the US are competitive against Italy and its a good Fed Cup final :)

Denise4925
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Of course not, but Serena didn't break her leg, did she? If she was healthy enough to play six matches in seven days last week, she should be healthy enough to play two or three matches this week. If you can explain to me how playing Fed Cup would mess up her Australian Open prep two months from now, please do.

No, but you made it about her word. That was your argument, not mine. More importantly though, was I the only one who saw that big ass wrapping around her left thigh? :confused: Was I the only one who saw the pain in her face trying to track down Venus balls? Was I the only one who saw the exhaustion in her face after the final? Again,unrealistic expectations to think that, 'oh well, if she's healthy enough to play six matches in seven days with her thigh strapped like a mummy, she's healthy enough to travel around the world and play two or three more matches the very next week on clay against very tough and fresh clay court players.' :rolleyes:

How does it mess up her AO prep? Oh let's see, rest from a full year of playing professional tennis and traveling, and treatment for whatever is wrong with her thigh for a month and then be healthy enough to full on train for the next month for the AO without having aggravated whatever is wrong with her thigh.

Slammer7
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:09 AM
People are still posting in this thread. :spit:

Im already over it...Serena is her own person and she can do what she wants I spose, who am I to judge?

I just hope the US are competitive against Italy and its a good Fed Cup final :)

Weren't you over it 4 days and 12 posts of yours in this thread ago? :scratch:

The Kaz
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Weren't you over it 4 days and 12 posts of yours in this thread ago? :scratch:

Yes I was...but now more so. Ive been stressing with Uni lately, so I wasnt thinking rationally hence some of my :unsure: posts, for which I apoligise!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I'm rooting for the U.S. to win, they made it this far no reason they can't win without Serena.

darrinbaker00
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Yes I was...but now more so. Ive been stressing with Uni lately, so I wasnt thinking rationally hence some of my :unsure: posts, for which I apoligise!
In other words, just another day. ;)

The Kaz
Nov 4th, 2009, 06:17 AM
In other words, just another day. ;)

Im trying to be apoligise for some of my posts and I still get bagged out....
Some of the WS tards posts were :unsure: as well, dont get me wrong!