PDA

View Full Version : Radwanska: I gave Caroline a present so I hope she buys me one too!

adner
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
She was asked by Eurosport reporter and confessed that Caro promised to buy her a present :lol:

Ferg
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
:lol: There must be a WTA investigation!

heavensider
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:11 PM
she deserves that, caro owes her

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Awww so cute!!

Aga :hearts: Caro :angel:

!Gio!
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM
wasn't Vika her good friend also:tape:
Caro and her dad were very pleased to see Vika down an out.:rolleyes:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Caro just said to Danish newspaper she feels sorry for Azarenka.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1247392.ece

Caipirinha Guy
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
What she was to say, man? :confused: Actually she's the person who tells and does what everybody wants her to.

Temperenka
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I loved how Caro's dad was smiling as Vika retired in tears.

He really is a crappy person... and Caro didn't look too concerned for her 'best friend' either. :rolleyes:

winchester
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Don't worry, I've already my present, you're out of the YEC.:drool:

Julian.
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Aren't Aga, Vika and Caro best friends?

!Gio!
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I guess not:lol
one was smiling and making faces with her dad and the other was using the drop shot every other point.

SAISAI-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:23 PM
:rolleyes:
the Wozniackis are so greedy :fiery: they buy their victories

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
At least Caro offered SOMETHING, unlike Venus!

Galsen
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM

"I asked Venus before the match, 'Would you give me something if I win?' She was like, 'If you win, it's good for yourself!'"
:haha: :haha:

dsanders06
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry, but this is tennis. It's a ruthless business. You do what you need to do to win, as long as your actions don't directly hurt someone else. "Friendships" with other players only go so deep. Wozniacki was obviously going to be happy that she was through to the semis, and that happiness is going to trump concern for her friend.

Hannahb
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM

I think so. That's what they said on danish television, but to compete at this level I think you have to put friendship aside when it comes to competitions. I think the gift thing is sweet :-) I bet if Vika has gone to the semis, they would have both shown up to support their friend.

C. W. Fields
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:35 PM
:lol: There must be a WTA investigation!

At the same time they should investigate whether Azarenka placed bets on herself losing and pulled out to cash in!! :rolleyes::weirdo::silly::cuckoo::bs::unsure: :wazzup: :ignore::baby:

!Gio!
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry, but this is tennis. It's a ruthless business. You do what you need to do to win, as long as your actions don't directly hurt someone else. "Friendships" with other players only go so deep. Wozniacki was obviously going to be happy that she was through to the semis, and that happiness is going to trump concern for her friend.

That might be true but if someone is your supposed best friend than you should wait at-least after the match to celebrate, not smile with your father while your supposed best friend is crying.:lol:
In my mind, money and points aren't more important than friendship.
Of course she should be happy for advancing just hide it better in front of your supposed best friend and the viewers on tv. Don't celebrate at the expense of a friend's injury(especially after the same thing happened to you yesterday) and ask your dad to tone it down on the Chester the cat smile!!!

Steff_forever
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:47 PM
they are...

Inger67
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I don't know who to feel bad for! Everyone is injured!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Amor
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I don't know who to feel bad for! Everyone is injured!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, I felt bad for Vika , even though I dont like her on-court behavioR, Also for Bepa (although she was more frustrating). Same with Wozniacki, even though I hate her game, I did feel bad for her because I have nothing against her.

JJ was the lucky one :rolleyes:

Ksenia.
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM
i'm very sad about vika's loss but it actually made me smile :lol:

and some people here need to realize that friendship and what's going on the court are separate things. nobody would tank a match just because she has good relationships with a girl on the other side of the net :shrug:

gaja kesari
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I guess not:lol
one was smiling and making faces with her dad and the other was using the drop shot every other point.

Gosh, this really got to you or something? I suppose Caroline should have cried at her friend's misfortune and begged her to persevere and win the match, while Agnieszka should have had the grace to retire herself for the sake of Victoria, why bother putting a ball into play, it might make her friend have to run and heaven knows she's injured!

Yes, this is tennis, a competition, you're there to win, if you're lucky you can be friends afterwards and have a good laugh too.

:hug:Don't worry, Victoria is a great talent and she will win many a tournament in the future. Probably also by upsetting me as a Radwanska fan :lol:

!Gio!
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Gosh, this really got to you or something? I suppose Caroline should have cried at her friend's misfortune and begged her to persevere and win the match, while Agnieszka should have had the grace to retire herself for the sake of Victoria, why bother putting a ball into play, it might make her friend have to run and heaven knows she's injured!

Yes, this is tennis, a competition, you're there to win, if you're lucky you can be friends afterwords and have a good laugh too.

:hug:Don't worry, Victoria is a great talent and she will win many a tournament in the future. Probably also by upsetting me as a Radwanska fan :lol:

Of course no one should tank, tennis is a sport, you play to win but if a friend is injured on the court and your in the crowd watching just hide your emotions better and celebrate after her match, don't promise to give presents, don't talk about it in the media and don't celebrate with your father until after the match, just be a lil more sensitive its normal ethics.;)

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I loved how Caro's dad was smiling as Vika retired in tears.

He really is a crappy person... and Caro didn't look too concerned for her 'best friend' either. :rolleyes:

Caro and Vika aren't best friends :spit:

They're merely doubles partners, and that's because Aga plays with her sister :angel:

Aga and Caro are BFFs :hearts:

hankqq
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:11 PM
:spit: I remember Dementieva and Mauresmo said something like this in 2003 :p Momo needed Dementieva to beat Chanda Rubin in the RR in order to reach the semis :lol:

Ksenia.
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM

They're merely doubles partners, and that's because Aga plays with her sister :angel:They're actually quite close.
Caro said on Eurosport that 10 minutes after their match they were already chatting about something :lol:

ps
http://i33.tinypic.com/33cwz6h.jpg

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:15 PM
They're actually quite close.
Caro said on Eurosport that 10 minutes after their match they were already chatting about something :lol:

ps
http://i33.tinypic.com/33cwz6h.jpg

They ate dinner today, big deal. I've seen pictures of Caro and Aga barbequing together, dancing together, doing interviews together, and supporting each other in the stands, and much more. Can't say I've seen Caro at any of Vika's matches. Aga and Caro's parents are also very close to each other.

gaja kesari
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Of course no one should tank, tennis is a sport, you play to win but if a friend is injured on the court and your in the crowd watching just hide your emotions better and celebrate after her match, don't promise to give presents, don't talk about it in the media and don't celebrate with your father until after the match, just be a lil more sensitive its normal ethics.;)

Oh well. I did not see Caro celebrating Vika's injury, sorry. Also, having watched the interview with Aga I know that whole 'present' thing was nothing but an innocent joke. Similar to the one Kuznetsova made earlier. :shrug:

adner
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:17 PM
more. Can't say I've seen Caro at any of Vika's matches.

You did, today :lol:

Adrian.
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Aga and Caro are together, because they speak Polish and actually both are Polish:p
Same goes for theirs parents:shrug:

German ES-Commentator said also that all 3 are really good friends:shrug::)

delicatecutter
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:28 PM

:rolls:

fouc
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Caro is definitely way closer to Radwanskas. How come her fans don't know about it? :lol:

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Yea and she was celebrating when Aga slaughtered Vika. I guess that shows her friendship with Aga vs. with Vika :drool:

delicatecutter
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Aga is such a sweet girl. :hearts:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Yea and she was celebrating when Aga slaughtered Vika. I guess that shows her friendship with Aga vs. with Vika :drool:

Was she celebrating? I thought she looked a bit ambivalent. She wasn't all smiles like her dad.

Wilson_07
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:43 PM
They ate dinner today, big deal. I've seen pictures of Caro and Aga barbequing together, dancing together, doing interviews together, and supporting each other in the stands, and much more. Can't say I've seen Caro at any of Vika's matches. Aga and Caro's parents are also very close to each other.

i don't wanna take part in the discussion what she should have done or not after the match, but caro must've lied then, when you say they aren't friends, because she said it several times on eurosport, as well as azarenka...and caro even said "on of my best friends on the tour", but maybe you know more than all of us :rolleyes:

Caipirinha Guy
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Isia and Caroline, two "awful" friends.

We've met eachother...
Caroline Wozniacki: In junior tennis times.
Agnieszka Radwańska: I don't remember exactly, but it was at one tournament. We were maybe 12-13 year old.

In three words, how would I describe Agnieszka/Caroline.
C.W.: Friendly, cheerful, peaceful.
A.R.: Kind, witty, funny.

Why I like/respect Agnieszka/Caroline?
C.W.: For her openness.
A.R.: For sense of humor, honesty.

Do I envy Agnieszka/Caroline anything?
C.W.: She dances too well (laugh).
A.G.: Her height!!! Caroline is six centimeters higher than me.

The biggest success in career and life?
C.W.: That I'm among Top 10 tennis players in the world.
A.R.: That I am in tennis where I am at the moment (13. WTA).

The athlete I admire?
C.W.: Michael Jordan.
A.R.: Roger Federer.

The most handsome tennis player?
C.W.: Federer. Not only for his appearance, but in general. While being a great champion he's a humble and nice man.
A.R.: Hm... Fernando Gonzalez.

The most friendly (female) tennis player (besides Agnieszka/Caroline)?
C.W.: There's many of them, like Ula Radwańska, Marta Domachowska, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Serena Williams.
A.R.: Elena Dementieva, Flavia Pennetta.

The least liked player?
C.W.: I don't have any.
A.R.: Maria Sharapova. ()

Favourite sport, besides tennis?
C.W.: Football.
A.R.: Which I practice - rollerskates, which is beyond my reach - ski jumping.

Favourite dessert?
C.W.: Chocolate cake with ice creams.
A.R.: Ice creams of course.

The weirderst thing I've ever...ate in my life?
C.W.: I was once offered to eat cockroach in Thailand, but I couldn't do it.
A.R.: Shark fin soup, but I was told about it after I ate it.

Rammstein or Britney Spears?
C.W.: Britney Spears.
A.R.: From those two - Rammstein. But I listen to various kinds of music almost every genre.

Louis Vuitton or Prada?
C.W.: Louis Vuitton.
A.R.: Louis Vuitton of course, there are no better bags.

A dog or a cat?
C.W.: A dog.
A.R.: A dog but I don't have any pet now.

The Wawel dragon [symbol of Cracov) or The Little Mermaid from Copenhagen?
C.W.: The Mermaid of course.
A.R.: The Dragon, sorry Caroline.

Last book I've read or movie I saw?
C.W.: Detective story by Camille Lškberg "The last house standing on the left".
A.R.: "The Hangover" which we've seen together with Caro during Wimbledon. We went to cinema when I was in Denmark, but I don't remeber what was shown (laugh).

The place I've never been to but would like to visit?
C.W.: Maldives. I've heard it's fantastic there.
A.R.: I was hoping Caroline would say Cracow. I was in Copenhagen already, so... maybe Madagacar or Bora-Bora. I love islands, the sun and beach.

I celebrate important victories...
C.W.: with a good dessert.
A.R.: It depends when the next tournament starts.

After the losses...
C.W.: I listen to the music.
A.R.: I try not forget them as quick as I can. The only good thing about it is that I have time to see something else than just courts and hotels.

Three things I would take with me to a remote desert island?
C.W.: A phone, good book and sunscreen lotion.
A.R.: iPod, nail polisher and hair straightner.

If I didn't play tennis I would...
C.W.: Be an actress.
A.R.: I have no idea but probably not a singer. Unless it's a duo with Caroline.

Why awful?
Rivals on court, outside of it Radwańska and Wozniacki are two best friends. During tournaments they are almost inseparable.
- When other players see us the say: "Oh, those two awful ones are coming" - laughs Agnieszka, who visited Caroline some time ago in Copenhagen. Next week two rising tennis stars will meet eachother in Los Angeles.

pov
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM

They're merely doubles partners, and that's because Aga plays with her sister :angel:

If you dont know something, it's okay to ST F . .umm . .I mean just not say anything.;)

Here(WTA site):"I hope Radwanska wins because if she does I'll get through," joked Wozniacki, who is good friends with both Azarenka and Radwanska. "For sure, I'm going to be cheering for her! All three of us are friends. Usually I wouldn't cheer for either of them, but in this situation, I think it's normal I'll cheer for Agnieszka!"

LeonHart
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:28 AM
If you dont know something, it's okay to ST F . .umm . .I mean just not say anything.;)

Here(WTA site):

Thats her excuse to cheer for her BFF :spit:

LeonHart
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:33 AM
BTW I never said Caro and Vika aren't friends, I merely stated they're not best friends like she is with Aga. She's obviously closer to Vika than the other girls on tour because they're the same age and play doubles together. Get it together people.

DimaDinosaur
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:23 AM
Azarenka will get a knife and stab Radwanska just like Radwanska did to Azarenka's back today :devil:

saska77
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:35 AM
This is so confusing, who is BFF with who etc...

Lets just have a threesome :tape:

Roookie
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Isia and Caroline, two "awful" friends.

The least liked player?
A.R.: Maria Sharapova. ()

:lol:

RND
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:36 AM
Three things I would take with me to a remote desert island?
C.W.: A phone, good book and sunscreen lotion.
A.R.: iPod, nail polisher and hair straightner.

If I didn't play tennis I would...
C.W.: Be an actress.
A.R.: I have no idea but probably not a singer. Unless it's a duo with Caroline.

:lol: :awww: This YEC just made me a fan of both, one with mighty determination, one with such refreshing play. And both are so cute.

Caralenko
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:43 AM
The least liked player?
A.R.: Maria Sharapova.

:spit: Caro was right about her being very honest.

volta
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:45 AM

LMAO :lol:

Vee offered dignity and self beliefe i guess :lol:

Aga :hearts:

volta
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM

too Bad Caro called her (Vika) a best friend who sometimes would hang out with her on her "Caroline Premier" show on Eurosport :)

Myggen
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Caro might be nice and sweet off court, and that must be why her friends talk so nicely about her. But on court she is all business and can appear quite bitchy, and then she doesn't care who is on the other side of the net. I guess she puts money and competition above friendships, but she is lucky to have good friends who love her nevertheless. But it's actually quite rare in womens tennis to have such friendships. That's why they all bring their hitting partners, because they are so afraid to lose to the other girls in practice and because they hate each other!

olivero
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Both girls are good friends with Vika, but still Caro and Aga are best friends. It's understandable she did it for Caro.
And the hug at the net between Aga and Vika clearly showed that Agnieszka cared about her injury as well.

ivanban
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM
At the same time they should investigate whether Azarenka placed bets on herself losing and pulled out to cash in!! :rolleyes::weirdo::silly::cuckoo::bs::unsure: :wazzup: :ignore::baby:

Difference is that Vika wasn't told by her coach/father (while microphones are around) to retire after next couple of games even if she's leading 5:0 :rolleyes:

WhoAmI?
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Seems like Caro has the most friends on tour: Azarenka, Cirstea, Radwanskas (and probably the other Polish players too) :)

Princeza
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:31 PM
Classy.

hectopascal
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
Seems like Caro has the most friends on tour: Azarenka, Cirstea, Radwanskas (and probably the other Polish players too) :)

She'll get to many grand slam finals if all her WTA friends keep giving her "presents" :worship:

youizahoe
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
Yes they are friends vika and caro, caro said, I will go talk to her later, I know how it feels, she must feel pretty bad.

is1531
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Caro just said to Danish newspaper she feels sorry for Azarenka.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1247392.ece

Phony Wozniacki retires to Serena Williams, but does not retire to her close friend Vicki. Wozniacki is a phony. Look at her on camera before her match with Serena. She is all smiles. I have been through pulled hamstrings and pulled calf muscles. You do not walk around smiling. I have been there. Woziacki is the queen of the phonies. I am sorry I ever cheered for her for 2 seasons. I hope Lisicki and Sharapova pummel her in the 2010 season.

is1531
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
She'll get to many grand slam finals if all her WTA friends keep giving her "presents" :worship:

Your right.

Jorn
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM
Caro has buy some presents for the RAD sis, 2 bags ;)

jasminefu623
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Caro has buy some presents for the RAD sis, 2 bags ;)

how can you know Jorn?

Galsen
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:02 PM
Eurosport commentator said it

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, she bought both of them 2 designer bags.:lol:

gumoll
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:04 PM
and Ula got her bag for what? :p :lol:

Jorn
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM