PDA

View Full Version : Doha RR: Agnieszka "Monday Hand Surgery"def Victoria "everything injured" 46 75 41ret

adner
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Agnieszka did play well in the end of second set while third set was painful to watch because of Vika's injury. I am sorry for her... but Aga is unbeaten at YEC so far :devil:

A sidenote: its very unwise of you, Vika, to hurt your legs even more by hitting them with your racquet.

Valanga
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Azarenka made a good start beating JJ. Then she had a MP against Caro and failed. Now she wasted a 6-4 4-0 lead and lost. Who to blame?

Ferg
Good god this tournament is crazy. Next year they'll need to remember to bring 4 alternates.

Kworb
Congrats Serena, good luck in the final.

Miss Atomic Bomb
oh god , funny YEC :lol:

I am glad Vika ret. Caro will give us a more competitive match than injured vika.

Vee Williams
Those drop shots in the last set were cruel

Mikey.
omg Vika :tears: So close! :sad:

Well done Aga :tears:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè! Olè!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bou nce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

WOZNIACKI IS IN THE SEMI FINALS!!!

Dexter
Aga played some inspired tennis to come back in the 2nd set. :worship:

TBE is going to hate her even more. Lovz it. :devil:

moby
The only way to make this YEC better is if Jelena were to win it. First Venus will hit 1000 errors in their semis, and then Wozniacki will somehow upset Errorena and crumble against Jelena in the final.

That second set was the worst choke I've seen in a while, and Vika knew it.
I guess the injury was partially psychosomatic.

Radwanska plays like a pickpocket. Her opportunistic tendencies make for good viewing against the right opponents.

WhoAmI?
:sad:

so its Venus vs Wozniacki and Serena vs JJ

TeamUla
I hope Caro pulls out and Aga will replace her in SF. :devil:

allrounder
Well done Aga good comeback in set 2.

Vika :sobbing: get well soon, rest up and come back strong next year :hug:

Aaric
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM

I would say intelligent, not like Vera

olivero
first two sets were awesome :bowdown: Vika played great but braindied at 5-2 :tape:
Aga that comeback was amaze!! :inlove:

but seriously those girls (Vika and Caro) are just stupid. Is it really worth it? Caro is injured and now Vika joins her. Sad.
Aga and JJ should play the semis :hearts:

Dave B

It's the proper strategy. People lose to injured players all the time. Even recently....

Hashim.
what a weird YEC:o

Vika:hug:

Aga:yeah:

Dodoboy.
So unfortunate for Vika, who would've thought! She choked, yes but still so unlucky things ended like this!
Hope all the girls have a good off-season and RECOVER! :scared::unsure:

Caro, new #3? Go get em!

delicatecutter
YAY Aga!! :hearts: Was awful watching Vika at the end though. :sad:

Kim's_fan_4ever
First of all, Azarenka is an idiot. Why did she continue playing for so long is beyond me :help: She could barely move, clearly was in pain, what was the point :tape:

But well done Aga, coming back from 2-5* was brilliant :worship: In the third set it was all about Vika's injury so :shrug:

Temperenka
Absolutely horrible tournament for Victoria. She once again proved that she is one of the biggest chokers on tour.. and now is hurt too.

I'm done with women's tennis. This tournament (and every other one for that matter) are complete crap. Serena is the only player without the mentality of a toothpick.

It's utter crap. And my favorite, Victoria, is a nice example of it all.

Can I transfer my membership to someone without one?

Vee Williams
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
It's the proper strategy. People lose to injured players all the time. Even recently....

I didn't mean it as criticism :devil:

Adrian.
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Absolutely horrible tournament for Victoria. She once again proved that she is one of the biggest chokers on tour.. and now is hurt too.

I'm done with women's tennis. This tournament (and every other one for that matter) are complete crap. Serena is the only player without the mentality of a toothpick.

:cuckoo:

Malva
I hope Caro pulls out and Aga will replace her in SF. :devil:

At least the sense of humor is hitting an all time high in the tennisforum....

Steff_forever
this is just ridiculous

Vika :hug:
Caro: do you really wanna play ?

Aga :hatoff:

FedererBulgaria
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Agnieszka did play well in the end of second set while third set was painful to watch because of Vika's injury. I am sorry for her... but Aga is unbeaten at YEC so far :devil:

A sidenote: its very unwise of you, Vika, to hurt your legs even more by hitting them with your racquet.

AHaha unbeaten.... 4-6 2-5 down,she is not top 10 player,MAX top 20,nothing more....so lucky....i feel sorry for Victoria!

Jean-Henri
You can't help but feelig so sorry for Vika. Ouch that hurt in 3'rd set, also mentally.
And impressed by Aga, that she kept the professional spirit and started chasing Vika around with those crosscourt and dropshots.

Neither Vika nor Caro should really play next match, but go for holidays. This season ending turned into a nightmare.

VIKA?
First of all, Azarenka is an idiot. Why did she continue playing for so long is beyond me :help: She could barely move, clearly was in pain, what was the point :tape:

But well done Aga, coming back from 2-5* was brilliant :worship: In the third set it was all about Vika's injury so :shrug:

The only idiot here is you.

cellophane
The only way to make this YEC better is if Jelena were to win it. First Venus will hit 1000 errors in their semis, and then Wozniacki will somehow upset Errorena and crumble against Jelena in the final.

That second set was the worst choke I've seen in a while, and Vika knew it.
I guess the injury was partially psychosomatic.

:hearts:

kfh_9118
Vika :help:

another match, another mental breakdown :tape:

Temperenka
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
:cuckoo:

Oh, you think the quality of this YEC is good? Venus is in the semis with a win over Shitlana. Caro is in the semis injured. JJ is in the semis having had basically two walkovers. Thank god for Kim, Maria, and Justine.. this tour is at rock bottom.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:57 PM
The only idiot here is you.

Your poor bitter self strikes one more time :lol:

Vee Williams
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Thank god for Kim, Maria, and Justine.. this tour is at rock bottom.

Thank God for Maria why? And Justine hasn't come back yet!

Daruma.
Oh, you think the quality of this YEC is good? Venus is in the semis with a win over Shitlana. Caro is in the semis injured. JJ is in the semis having had basically two walkovers. Thank god for Kim, Maria, and Justine.. this tour is at rock bottom.

I definitely would like to take your account only if you pay it :kiss:

Christinawww
what is worse than being a Danka-fan? Being a fan of Danka AND Vika

olivero
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:59 PM
AHaha unbeaten.... 4-6 2-5 down,she is not top 10 player,MAX top 20,nothing more....so lucky....i feel sorry for Victoria!

why lucky?
Caro was also going to lose and she won. Aga had a chance as well in the third set. It's not her fault Vika can't close out her matches.

Temperenka
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thank God for Maria why? And Justine hasn't come back yet!

Because Maria tends to provide quality matches and not circus acts.

Vee Williams
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Because Maria tends to provide quality matches and not circus acts.

Oh, we must be talking about two different Marias then! Sorry :) The one that comes to my mind hits about 15 double faults a match.

VIKA?
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Your poor bitter self strikes one more time :lol:

yeah yeah yeah but you still an idiot:kiss::wavey:

Daruma.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Sorry. I support Vika but because of the way you behave, I can't believe we are supporting the same player. You need a brain.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM

You're only 15, I forgive you :hug:
And FYI kid, the only reason I called her an idiot because she made an idiotic decision to keep playing despite being severely injured. You as her fan, should know better. Too bad you don't.

VIKA?
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:04 PM
You're only 15, I forgive you :hug:
And FYI kid, the only reason I called her an idiot because she made an idiotic decision to keep playing despite being severely injured. You as her fan, should know better. Too bad you don't.

And what if she wanted to play? it's her decision, you don't even know what she was feeling:weirdo:

Temperenka
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Oh, we must be talking about two different Marias then! Sorry :) The one that comes to my mind hits about 15 double faults a match.

Wow. You are an absolute idiot. Jump off a bridge.

olivero
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:06 PM
And what if she wanted to play? it's her decision, you don't even know what she was feeling:weirdo:

for sure she was crying from joy

égalité
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I love how Aga kept dropshotting Vika in the third set. No mercy :bowdown:

FERLKE
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Aga :eek:

no russians in SF :eek:

VIKA?
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:09 PM

She tried to play when she saw she couldn't she retired:shrug:

Kim's_fan_4ever

It still doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision to continue playing :weirdo:
It amazes me that you as a fan don't see anything wrong with it :help: Wow, I, as a non-fan, am more concerned about health than her actual fan :tape:

Indeed.

Steff_forever
cramps ??? :tape:

her decision to continue was idiotic as was Caro's yesterday
That does not imply she's an idiot. If you think the other posters you insult earn your words you're just immature ;)

RenaSlam.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
OMG hahahhaa.

VIKA?
It still doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision to continue playing :weirdo:
It amazes me that you as a fan don't see anything wrong with it :help: Wow, I, as a non-fan, am more concerned about health than her actual fan :tape:

Indeed.

oh yeah I'm such a bad fan:sad:

ce
Azarenka :weirdo:

FedererBulgaria

I love how Aga kept dropshotting Vika in the third set. No mercy :bowdown:

:( OMG Its tennis....not your life!Health,health,health....thats the most important....

fish_wilson
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Get well soon Vika. Those legs are so great when they are working like they should.

Galsen
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
poor Vika :sad: this group is cursed
thanks Aggie

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I found it funny how much Caro was bored in the third set and her dad was smiling.

C. W. Fields
White group; 3 players pull out (Safina, Zvonareva and Azarenka) while 2 others enter the tournament injured but manage to overcome (Wozniacki and Radwanska). Only fully uninjured player in the group is Jankovic! How often do you see her being the one with fewest health complaints!?

I think this tournament has made one thing very clear; DO NOT PLAY YEC IN A COUNTRY WITH CHOKING HEAT AND HIGH HUMIDITY!! It's an open invitation to injuries at the end of the season.

Nikkiri
Vika :hug:

gmak
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
as a fan of Jana and Gabby i've been through hell for many years :o
looks like it will happen again with Vika :banghead: :( :help:

i don't know, maybe she should try the bangs...

Kampi
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'm speechless and asking myself what I was watching the last days. The YEC or was it "Emergency room"?:tape::help::lol: Craziest shit ever.

n1ko0
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:19 PM
shame it had to end with a retirement but wooooo! go aga!! i was so happy when she stole the 2nd set! :D

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I found it funny how much Caro was bored in the third set and her dad was smiling.

she was concerend as Vika is a good friend
her dad could only see $$$

égalité
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
:( OMG Its tennis....not your life!Health,health,health....thats the most important....

It was Vika's choice to keep playing and I'm glad Aga adopted a game plan that made her pay for it. So many players are complete headcases when it comes to playing an injured opponent (see: Zvonareva :help: ).

saul1333
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Thank you for a good season Vicky :D

:hug: Get better.

AndreConrad
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Congrats Agnieszka :yeah:
Get well Victoria :hug:... great season :yeah:

Nervenbuendel
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Time to open up a desert-hospital and send four alternates to the YEC. It's not funny anymore, it's a torture for the players and spectators. :help:

Vamos Feńa
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Aga played some inspired tennis to come back in the 2nd set. :worship:

TBE is going to hate her even more. Lovz it. :devil:

Dex :haha::haha:

btw that last dropshot was really cruel and ironic...
Aga ;) pity I missed most of the match :(

kinda feel sorry for Azarenka <shocks himself> but she needs to mature. She'd better end this stupid shrieking, complaining or even hitting her leg with racquet or we're gonna have a Bepa 2.0. (if we don't have her already)

is1531
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:12 PM

Serena is the player who can dig herself out of a hole and she also can recover when she is angry. That is one of her positive traits. Vicki is a choke artist. After choking at 5-2 in the 2nd set, I decided not to watch the 3rd set. I knew the choke artist would lose to the CLEVER ONE.

How many times did I see during the match where Azarenka failed to hit behind her opponent today. The best one was, Vicki was on the left side in front of the net, with Vicki's left and the middle open for an easy smash, but braindead Vivki hits a smash all the way off the court on the right side where Radwanska was standing. How about when Vicki takes a short shot inside the baseline, instead of stepping into the shot for more power, she stops and plants. Vicki is what she is, A CHOKE ARTIST.

By the way, another weak crowd today. I guess if I sponsor the entire tournament, they can play at my home. The WTA could care less if 500 people atttend a match or 5,000 attend. The WTA and ATP should be ashamed of themeselves playing 10 and 11 months a year.

fouc
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Wozniacki after Radwanska won 2nd set. Kinda embarrassing, though apparently cute for some :tape:

uELXHTzct5M

cn ireland
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Happy with this result cos it means Caro makes the SF:yeah:!

Wiggly
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Wozniacki after Radwanska won 2nd set. Kinda embarrassing, though apparently cute for some :tape:

uELXHTzct5M

Yeah, a player shouldn't dance when her face is on the stadium's screen.
Well, maybe in exhibitions but not in those conditions.

C. W. Fields
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
You can't help but feel a little sorry for Azarenka on that first point. It must feel like the whole world is against you. :hug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1zjAeWm_k

Tennisation
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM

uELXHTzct5MUhh...if this reaction was after Radwanska won the 2nd set, why did the score pop up at that moment was 6-4 4-1 Vika to serve :rolleyes:

Bronx19
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:39 AM
Ok Caro, it was kind of amusing for the first 10 seconds dear, enough.

Nico_E
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:46 AM
so much bad luck for Vika here, did not deserve this... had to actually work for her matches unlike Jankovic - who she had beaten and humiliated.

this has been a very poor WTA finals group, must be said.

Nico_E
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:48 AM
Wozniacki is certainly learning to steal the attention and loving it since her dying swan act the other day

like all the others diva's - it will be her downfall.

DS.Fan.
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:04 AM
Health is the important thing!So sorry for Vika!:sad:

DimaDinosaur
Oct 31st, 2009, 06:20 AM
I initially hated Radwanska for being such a bitch and not allowing Azarenka to move into the semis, but after Radwanska said that she was doing it for Caroline Wozniacki, who despite being injured, play through pain to get 2 wins and is the MOST DESERVING semifinalist of her group, I can respect that and actually am glad that she defeated Azarenka. Caroline definitely deserves the semifinals spot no matter what people say. But Radwanska is still ugly.

kman
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:21 AM
Uhh...if this reaction was after Radwanska won the 2nd set, why did the score pop up at that moment was 6-4 4-1 Vika to serve :rolleyes:

lol nicely spottet. Idiots trying to make Caroline look bad as usual. But, lo and behold, Azarenka was leading when Caroline was dancing.

donniedarkofan
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:28 AM

This is sport, period.

donniedarkofan
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:40 AM
lol nicely spottet. Idiots trying to make Caroline look bad as usual. But, lo and behold, Azarenka was leading when Caroline was dancing.

hearing impaired , much?

The first one, "I will survive" is when Azarenka was leadin 4-1 in the second, but the "Single Ladies"(dance????) was just after Agnieszka won second set. I saw it live...Duh!

And i can understand that you didn't notice it, but the other dude-Tenisation-he's mother language is english, so i guess you're both hearing impaired, not to mention that right after the second dance you can not only hear but also see the score...4-6, 7-5...some people...

rucolo
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:29 AM
Great fight, Aga!:yeah::D:bounce:

Vika:hug:

Sets 1 and 2 were amazing. Many fantastic points from both!:hearts::worship:
I think their different game styles match up well.

Vika should have closed it out at 6-4 5-2 ...
But then Aga played stronger and stronger.;)

3rd set was painful to watch because of Azarenka`s cramps.
Feel sorry for her.

I really enjoyed watching the great tennis in sets 1 and 2.

Caroline`s dancing after 2nd set was cute!:lol:

Another dramatic match at YEC.

Loved the outfits of Aga and Vika.:drool:

Nice way to finish the year with a win at YEC for Aga.:cool:

Vika was unlucky not to reach SF. But she choked in her match vs Wozniacki and vs Aga.
She will have to improve her mental strength.
Overall an amazing year for Vika. She can be proud of 2009.:)

kman
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Caroline`s dancing after 2nd set was cute!:lol:

She was dancing when Vika was up 6-4 4-1 right?

TTomek
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:48 AM
nope

after 2nd set :)

rucolo
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:48 AM
I saw Caroline "dancing" after 2nd set.:p
There was a long break after 2nd set and Caroline was shown, then she started smiling and "dancing" and later her dad joined "dancing".;)

kman
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:55 AM
Oh, okay :)

ViennaCalling
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Aga :worship:

Inspiring :hearts:

gaja kesari
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:32 PM
Congratulations Agnieszka. I loved the come back in the second set. I am so glad you finished the year with a win. Good luck with the surgery.
Commiserations Victoria, shame about the cramps.

Andreas
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Tennis is so fucking unfair!

fouc
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:40 AM
I've just seen the match. And :weirdo: at those girls playing while dieing... It is so unreasonable and unsportsmanlike. If she felt like she was able to play from 1-1 to 1-4 15-40, she would also be able to play till 1-6. :rolleyes:

shirgan
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM

uELXHTzct5M
19 y/o women who think hanging out with their dad it fun are either retarded or sick