PDA

View Full Version : WWW Doha SF: [8]Jelena Jankovic vs [7]Venus Williams

Julian.
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Who will win? White Group Winner Jelena Jankovic vs Maroon Group Runner-up Venus Williams

These 2 lucky ladies!!! :sobbing:

VishaalMaria
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Venus kill her

Mikey.
:lol: Oh my! I wanted this! :inlove: Thank god Vika choked that set....

... Now please don't lose the 3rd set Vika :hysteric:

cellophane
Exxxxcellent. Thanks Aga!

MagicMilan
:spit:
Irina in 3 :bounce:

yeah, wishful thinking...

Miss Atomic Bomb
Venus

Uranium
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Venus is more unlucky than lucky in my opinion, she should have won either one or both instead of having to rely on Sveta.
This is the match I wanted:)
Venus in 3, 6-3 5-7 6-2

tennnisfannn
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:10 PM
JJ and Venus always have such close encounters, I hope venus comes thru.

V-MAC
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:12 PM
uhh..I've had enough of Vee/Jelena encounters. I always get so tense:(

Tennisstar86
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Repeat of last year? Venus in 3?

Hashim.
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:14 PM
i hope JJ wins..and i am able to watch the match:mad:

young_gunner913
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Venus is more unlucky than lucky, she should have won either one or both instead of having to rely on Sveta.
Venus in 3, 6-3 5-7 6-2

being unlucky had nothing to do with it. she played like a dipshit in both her matches against serena and lena. she got VERY lucky that the pieces fell in the right way for her with serena and sexlana whooping lena's ass.

Venus in 3 :o

Michael!
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Venus should win this, although she hardly makes the important games these days!
I just hope that her win against Svetlana and the fact that she was able to give Serena a hard fight gave her some confidence!

Well, one thing is for sure, Venus will have it in her own hands against Jankovic,hopefully doesnt waste her chances again with too many Df´s and Ue´s :mad:

Njay16
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Well this matchup is different then their previous ones due to the fact that JJ isn't the JJ she was the last few years when they've played. I think and hope Venus will make the most of her rebirth in the tournament.

Venus 7-6(4) 6-3

vw.
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Is this their first meeting of 09? :eek: (minus pointless HK exho)

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:24 PM
JJ will lose by managing to hit more UEs than Venus for the first time in her career. :worship:

VishaalMaria
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Venus in 2.

misael
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Jelena leads 5-4 , Venus won their last match and out of 9 matches the last 8 have all gone three sets. Crazy!!!!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Venus please put the smash down on this hoe :o

Cp6uja
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM
It's easy to predict :shrug::

- According to theirs h2h it will be obviously 3-setter (all of last 8 matches between JJ & Vee are 3-setters :tape:)
- According to how they played 3-setters in last 6 months and whats happen to all players in Doha which have chance to eliminate Jankowitch, it will be obviously JJ win by Venus retirement in 3rd set...

Go Jelena :rocker2:

new-york
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:59 PM
VW vs JJ. :inlove:

Ajde Venus, don't spoil this.

Mikey.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I have a feeling GOAT Venus will turn up and pwn JJ :tears: I hope for the opposite tho. :tears:

The Kaz
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
C'mon JJ destroy the wannabe Williams :rocker2:

jjcrew#1
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:32 PM
C'mon JELENA! SHOW IT ALL TOMORROW!! Get the job done! See you in the final! :bounce: :)

-NAJ-
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I hope Jelena but i think Venus. Jelena is playing very bad this week

Venus 6-2 6-3

Broseghini
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Venus Williams def. Jelena Jankovic 6-0 6-7(1) 7-5
Venus open 6-0 5-2, but choke again :dance:
5-2 too in third set, but win in 7-5

VIKA?
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Jelena:D

Ferg
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Vee has actually played well for the majority of the tournament, it was her inability to close matches out that proved to be her downfall vs. Lena and Serena. I think she'll win in 2.

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Venus Williams def. Jelena Jankovic 6-0 6-7(1) 7-5
Venus open 6-0 5-2, but choke again :dance:
5-2 too in third set, but win in 7-5

..and the number of their combined UEs turns out to be 425.

Inger67
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Venus will win. She got soooo lucky this week (even more so than Venus) and Venus will show her that she shouldn't even made it to the SF, let alone qualify for the YEC :)

6-2,6-4

saul1333
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
It would be awesome if JJ "lucked" her way into a final or win.

Go Jelena :D

Stamp Paid
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Adje!!!!!!!!!!!

C. W. Fields
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Venus has had 8 hours of court time this week, Jankovic less than 3. Even with a day of rest for Venus I think that will decide things when the match goes to 3 sets like it always does. Jankovic in 3.

2Black
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Venus just stay focused from start to finish ... MY LAWD. Enough unnecessary drama from you!!!

pablin777
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
At the moment

50%-50%

Venus -> 6-4 6-4

The Kaz
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Venus is more unlucky than lucky in my opinion, she should have won either one or both instead of having to rely on Sveta.
Venus in 3, 6-3 5-7 6-2

Thanks for bad rep :wavey:...just for expressing my opinion :o
FYI Venus is nothing more then an old hot mess and I hope JJ wipes the floor of her.

You are so pathetic btw :weirdo:

V's a star
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:11 PM
FYI Venus is nothing more then an old hot mess and I hope JJ wipes the floor of her.

Whats wrong with u???? what wannabe is Venus trying to be? A wannabe defending Champ? Oh wait she is :hearts:

How cud anyone take u seriously. U have an official Haters list (which now has been conviently changed to the "Disliker" :lol:) of about 15 players Venus being number 1 for some reason

J.Bravo
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Adje!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't know who u are anymore. :lol:

mb011
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:13 PM
i hope jelena wins, and shuts some mouths here :)
seriously, jelena in three, and hope it'll be very very dramatic too, as always :)

hankqq
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM
good thing Venus had a nice rest today, given that she's played long 3 setters all week :tape: :help: hoping she can get another win and even the h2h vs. JJ, but I have no clue what to expect :lol:

Bartosh
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM
hope Venus in 2 but I guess she will find a way to lose this (as always) :rolleyes:

GAGAlady
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Im really looking forward to this matchup. I think we all are...

First of all both bring to the table a very competetive H2H and there contrasting styles seem to really complement one another games..all of which are pluses for the viewing audience. *anticipation*

I am not sure if I can, or anyone here can really say who will win, both are capable on any given day its really going to come down to who wants it more

I will say Jelena ONLY because shes the fresher of the two and she seems to have something to prove to all of those critics.. Venus to me looks like shes fighting exaustion and even tho she may well win, i still think Jelena has more in that gas tank,

Jelena in 2.

GAGA

kadirelf
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Venus

6-3 6-1

pwayne
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Venus played the maximum amount of sets with the least amount of wins that made the semifinal while Jelena played the least amount of sets(4 plus 2 games) and won her group.

Venus will finally win in 3 sets against Jelena 6-3,6-7(4),7-5

GAGAlady
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Venus will tear this bitch up. She got soooo lucky this week (even more so than Venus) and Venus will show her that she shouldn't even made it to the SF, let alone qualify for the YEC :)

6-2,6-4

Jelena VS Vika: i watched that match....Victoria benifited from a sub par Jelena performance. main reason she lost.

Jelena VS Dinara: Enough said there, Dinara defaulted PASS for Janky

Jelena VS Caroline: the fresher player won....and not withstanding that simple fact, i saw that match and Jelena looked sharp and attacking...meaning shes come into form

Im a fan on both, but im not a fan of people coming up with this kind of gibberish.
If your going to put someone down, at least bring some facts with you to support your argument!LAWD!:help:

BTW: Venus and Jelena are BOTH lucky to have made it to the YEC...not just one or the other...

GAGA

Illusionist
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I can already see it... Error fest.

Jelena in 3.

cn ireland
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Venus in 3, I think!!

Hoping for an epic battle;).

Marshmallow
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Considering it will be Halloween, night of the ghouls and all, I think Jelena might have an advanatge. And did you just see her post match interview - camera on Jelena close up... totally festive :tape:.

delicatecutter
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I just hope it's a high quality match with no injuries. :tape:

Sam L
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Please win this Venus. I want all-Williams final.

Inger67
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Jelena VS Vika: i watched that match....Victoria benifited from a sub par Jelena performance. main reason she lost.

Jelena VS Dinara: Enough said there, Dinara defaulted PASS for Janky

Jelena VS Caroline: the fresher player won....and not withstanding that simple fact, i saw that match and Jelena looked sharp and attacking...meaning shes come into form

Im a fan on both, but im not a fan of people coming up with this kind of gibberish.
If your going to put someone down, at least bring some facts with you to support your argument!LAWD!:help:

BTW: Venus and Jelena are BOTH lucky to have made it to the YEC...not just one or the other...

GAGA

You've got to be kidding.

First of all, JJ wouldn't have even gotten a SINGLE win if she was in the Maroon group. Venus got lucky in the fact that she benefited from a loss of Dementieva. However she should have won BOTH matches that she lost. She had a match point against Serena, and led Lena in the second set.

And JJ played like utter shit against Vika, that's why she lost. She wasn't as you stated just "sub par". And why would you say to not go into detail about the Safina loss? That's how JJ got HALF of her SET wins. Apparently a 1-1 ret is 2-0 set for JJ? Hmm. Alright. And then the last match she beat Caro because as you said the "fresher" player won, the reason she was so FRESH was because she played a mere 5 minutes against Safina two days PRIOR. Not to mention Caro was almost on 1 leg, as her other was heavily wrapped and taped. If you think she moved normally with no problems, then you are sooooo lost. JJ didn't have to do anything out there to beat Caro, simple as that.

I'm not necessarily saying Venus will beat the shit out of JJ, but she should definitely win; hopefully in 2. Because in tennis anyone can come up with the goods at any moment, esp a "top 10" player like JJ. :rolleyes:

So why don't you "state the facts" more and not just go over them and butter them up.

V's a star
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM

First of all, JJ wouldn't have even gotten a SINGLE win if she was in the Maroon group. Venus got lucky in the fact that she benefited from a loss of Dementieva. However she should have won BOTH matches that she lost. She had a match point against Serena, and led Lena in the second set.

And JJ played like utter shit against Vika, that's why she lost. She wasn't as you stated just "sub par". And why would you say to not go into detail about the Safina loss? That's how JJ got HALF of her SET wins. Apparently a 1-1 ret is 2-0 set for JJ? Hmm. Alright. And then the last match she beat Caro because as you said the "fresher" player won, the reason she was so FRESH was because she played a mere 5 minutes against Safina two days PRIOR. Not to mention Caro was almost on 1 leg, as her other was heavily wrapped and taped. If you think she moved normally with no problems, then you are sooooo lost. JJ didn't have to do anything out there to beat Caro, simple as that.

I'm not necessarily saying Venus will beat the shit out of JJ, but she should definitely win; hopefully in 2. Because in tennis anyone can come up with the goods at any moment, esp a "top 10" player like JJ. :rolleyes:

So why don't you "state the facts" more and not just go over them and butter them up.

As u no well nothing is ever definite with Venus so please dont jinx:angel:

The match is in Venus' Hands as always but especially against JJ since she has no weapons to hurt her other then not making lots of errors which is now occasional for JJ unlike her form from last year so its looking good :). But u never know Venus cud revert to mental midget Vee from the past couple months

KV
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Hopefully Venus

Optima
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Jelena, 6-4 4-6 6-1.

vw.
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:07 AM
Venus 6-3, 2-6, 6-4

toxina90
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:27 AM

I hope that JJ wins in 2 sets, she should have more energy. I also hope her coach is on top form. :drool: :bounce::worship:

serenafan08
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:11 AM
Venus in three tight ones...they always manage to keep it close with each other. 7-5, 4-6, 6-4.

omoruyi
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:16 AM
uhh..I've had enough of Vee/Jelena encounters. I always get so tense:(

this

Uranium
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:18 AM

I bad repped you for saying the "wannabe Williams", and you deserved it.
I am pathetic when you have a hater's list in your sig and the second part of your comment shows you're no better than me and how immature you can get, so get the fuck off your high horse.
If I am pathetic, CLEARLY you are as well. And I couldn't care less what you think of me anyways:haha:

Nico_E
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:53 AM
hopefully Jankovic, the most undeserving semi finalist in the history of this championship, takes a smashing.

Roookie
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:54 AM

First of all, JJ wouldn't have even gotten a SINGLE win if she was in the Maroon group.

Why are you so sure?.

:lol:

SOA_MC
Oct 31st, 2009, 03:59 AM
I think Venus will be motivated to get back in the top 5.

Especially without many points to defend early next year who knows she could the next #1 soon

DimaDinosaur
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:27 AM
I think Jankovic will win, but please VENUS WINNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, make the final!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need my points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kaz
Oct 31st, 2009, 07:01 AM
I bad repped you for saying the "wannabe Williams", and you deserved it.
I am pathetic when you have a hater's list in your sig and the second part of your comment shows you're no better than me and how immature you can get, so get the fuck off your high horse.
If I am pathetic, CLEARLY you are as well. And I couldn't care less what you think of me anyways:haha:

I don't have a hate list...i have a dislike list :nerner:

Please learn to read next time ;)

~{X}~
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Venus often has trouble with Jankovic. They are both playing eh at the moment, whoever comes out fresher and more aggressive will win. Also whoever isn't making more errors.

Its a toss up. I think Venus will win though.

Sammm
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:47 AM
Venus kill her

:confused:

Lol, they seem unlikely semi-finalists having won only won one match each. This has been the tournament of the unexpected and, as badly as she has been playing, Jelena will probably win :bigcry:
I'm holding out for a Venus win though.

Alex03Maccy
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:00 AM
basically, both semis are in the williams' hands.

ZODIAC
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:04 AM
The Middle East LOVES Venus,she has lately been lucky in this part of the world so I will leave this to the Universe to decide.

Uranium
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:26 AM
I don't have a hate list...i have a dislike list :nerner:

Please learn to read next time ;)

Oh, you've changed it, congrats, but it doesn't make you look any less pathetic.

olivero
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:52 AM
JJ in three amaze sets :bowdown:

olympus28
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Considering it will be Halloween, night of the ghouls and all, I think Jelena might have an advanatge. And did you just see her post match interview - camera on Jelena close up... totally festive :tape:.

:devil:

Kunal
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:34 PM
please dont be ur own worst enemy venus!

Cookie Power
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:39 PM
The Queen.