PDA

View Full Version : YEC RR: Svetus Williamsova def. Dementieva 6-3 6-2

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I forgive you for beating Serena at RG :hug: :worship: :hearts: Also happy that Sveta ends the year on a win :)

:hug: Elena

:dance: :bounce: Venus

PS:- Some of the Sveta fans cheering against their own favourite was pathetic :lol: Their hate for Venus is more than their love for Sveta, such a shame.

FedererBulgaria
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM
well done

MBM
:yeah:

Sund7101
Yeah!

Willam
elena still beated venus (:

Dawson.
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Now that's how she should have played yesterday :rolleyes:

delicatecutter
Golden opportunity lost for Lena. Not surprising. :rolleyes:

Happy for Sveta but only if she had beaten Venus she could have made the SF! :sobbing:

iGOAT
This is so sad :sobbing: poor Lena. She even beat Venus :sad:.

Ciarán
Elena was awful. That smash at 3-6, 1-4 was fucking hilarious. Sveta very solid :yeah: Enjoy ending the year on a win :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
pathetic performance from Lena :help:

Sveta played great, why did she play like a mental midget yesterday :rolleyes:

ce
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
:inlove:

Dodoboy.
:haha: Wheeeeeeeeeeeey!

Probably one of Sveta's best match of the year! She should always play for Venus :scratch:

Good year from BOTH! Sad for Elena to end the year with two losses in a row :hug:

cozy411

But Venus gets to STAY:devil:

mr_burns
Lena loses without any chance to someone who is already out... Well done

thanls for keeping me awake...Now the off season can finally begin

Broseghini
Elena is an idiot :o

Marionated
The only thing worse than Elena's performance is that this was one of the better matches of this Yec. Kuznetsova played quite well.

vw.
Sveta was on fire! I forgive you for beating Venus the last few meetings... :angel:

tennnisfannn
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM
what a weird group, Venus had no business losing to elena, should have been 3/0, Elena had no business losing to serena, atleast not so easily, Kuzy beating elan when she had zero to lose and elena everthying to gain.

olympus28
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Merci Sveta :angel:

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Well done ending the year with a win and breaking the Doha drought :)

Congratulations to Vee also :)

Bad luck Lena D :hug:

sammy01
sveta played great, such a shame she brought it when it was too late. when you see that tennis you wonder what she was doing in her 1st 2 matches.

dementieva, venus gave you a place in the semi's for you to grab with both hands yet you messed it up again.

venus you better txt sveta to say thanks lol.

vika please win now, as then that 4 semi finalists doesn't look to bad

tennnisfannn
:haha: Wheeeeeeeeeeeey!

Probably one of Sveta's best match of the year! She should always play for Venus :scratch:

Good year from BOTH! Sad for Elena to end the year with two losses in a row :hug:
and everyone thought rena would be playing for venus!

DragonFlame
Ugh a williamsfinal coming up. :o

But it was expected i guess... Elena was not playing well at all this week, maybe this is better. Svetlana did very well in still giving her all in this match. :)

Venus gets the lucky ending, but she deserved it after closing out svetlana yesterday. She fought her way through. :) Very well done to all players in this group, proud of them. :bounce:

Michael!
Best match from Sveta these days!
Really played good tennis, no BP at all for Elena, which is :eek:
Elena seemed to be a bit tired, had no chance today, maybe also too much pressure on her...

But that is typical for Elena, she lost just her shape after a strong beginning of the year a bit!
Congrats to Venus, what a nice surprise for her :D
Now best chances to reach the SF :)

Galsen
the marron group should have been the SF matches :o

youizahoe
Thanks Svetlana :hearts:

jefrilibra
This Sveta is really a mental basket. When nothing is at stake, she plays like a true champ.

And woo hoo VENUS!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

doujyr
Bad Kuz, bad bad Kuz

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM
what a weird group, Venus had no business losing to elena, should have been 3/0, Elena had no business losing to serena, atleast not so easily, Kuzy beating elan when she had zero to lose and elena everthying to gain.

Did you actually see Serena play?

youizahoe
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM
the marron group should have been the SF matches :o

I agree.

Steff_forever
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM
beyond pathetic Elena

well played Sveta...

Bayo
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yay.

youizahoe

Oh shut up. Serena was the best player in this group by far. You should thank Serena for beating Elena in 2 sets, or venus might not have qualified at all.

Herbert
This was really mean by Kuznetsova.

ElusiveChanteuse
Elena :tape: :haha:

Sveta :bounce: At least she finally won a match and gets USD 100, 000(?).:o :hug:

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I am sick to my stomach.

Like I said in the live thread, being an Elena fan is pretty much getting kicked in the nuts every time she enters a tournament.

The year and this tournament started off so well and ended so badly. I'm so grumpy I don't even care I posted earlier and forgot to reference the goddam bangs.

Just retire already. I'm going to be pissed for like 3 days.

I'm even more stupid than she is. If I had a brain I'd have given up and switched allegiances ages ago.

Oh, look. My avi has bangs...

bmxbandit
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM

English beated you!

Vlover
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I forgive you for beating Serena at RG :hug: :worship: :hearts: Also happy that Sveta ends the year on a win :)
PS:- Some of the Sveta fans cheering against their own favourite was pathetic :lol: Their hate for Venus is more than their love for Sveta, such a shame.
Sveta considers herself a "sista" anyway, so it is all good!:lol: Come on Venus! I hope she makes it to the finals at least.

bmxbandit
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Winning some points and $100K was mean?

jefrilibra
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I really feel sorry for Elena's mom.

How in the world does she get thru this all these years???

RESPECT!:worship:

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Demented... I don't believe you...:weirdo: after all this time I still don't believe you're for real!! :crying2:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well done Sexlana :hearts: Pretty well played :bounce:
And she made sure Venus qualified over Demented :worship:

gmak
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM
lena :rolleyes: :o :( what a joke
pathetic performance to end the year

sveta :worship: :yeah: but why couldn't she play this well yesterday :mad:
such a shame, she would've come out on top in the other group :(

The Witch-king
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM
lol. I always knew I loved Sveta!!!!

sista's gotta stick together!!

skanky~skanketta
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Loved that between-the-leg volley that Sveta hit! Too bad she was passed!

I must say, Sveta has a great all around game. I absolutely LOVEd how she curled her BH over and over to pull Lena out wide and hit the FH winner DTL. Her major weakness apart from her brain, IMO are her shot-selection/execution on passing shots.

The Witch-king
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
but i must say i feel sad for Dementieva.

KBdoubleu
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Thank God, haha. I'm really happy and surprised. Didn't see the match, but it seems Kuznetsova played very well, which is a nice way for her to end her year. It was tough to see Venus lose those two matches against Serena and Dementieva, which she frankly should have won. This makes up for it though. Too bad for Dementieva, she had another very solid year though.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Bad Kuz, bad bad Kuz

Tanking a match so that a fellow country woman can get through is match fixing. It's amazing how that sort of thing becomes acceptable depending on who you want to win.

fawnrc
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
English beated you!

Now this is funny. I was thinking the same thing.:lol:

V-MAC
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:29 PM
oh wow, Sveta you legend:hearts: After seeing that performance, I feel bad that she isn't in the semi but still good to end the year with a win. It would be such a Venus thing to do to go on and win the YEC now from being on the brink of elimination:hehehe:
Oh and I just loved how all those match reports after Serena beat Vee pretty much stated as fact that Vee was out of the tournament:lol:

Bероника
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM
yes,Sveta :bounce: Finally a win at YEC,this was sweet.

Too bad you were not on the other group :banghead: But it's good to finish year with a win for a change :D

Sammm
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Sveta had actually won 4 of her last 5 matches against Elena, so we shouldn't be particularly shocked.
But all the same, to win just five games is rather pathetic. Hopefully next year will be better scheduled by Lena.

saul1333
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:31 PM
:sobbing: This sucks

Blu€
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Just awful Elena :(

freeandlonely
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM

And the other group is beyond weird:help:

Dini.
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
How wonderful is her tennis when there is no pressure? :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Amazing. :hearts:

DimaDinosaur
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
:woohoo: any day that ElenaD loses is a great day. Now Venus and Serena can make the final and win me points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RenaSlam.
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Awesome, Sveta! :worship:

kundalini
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Lena was abysmal. Sveta played well but each of the breaks of serve was down to horrendous play from Lena, gifting Kuz virtually every point. 3 dfs in one game. I suspect the return of Kim and now Justine has made Lena fully aware of the fact that her chances of winning a slam have gone and as a result her confidence has just collapsed. The serving this week has been shocking; double faulting close to 1 in every 3 second serves. Strange year from Lena, almost made Wimbledon final but I suppose the key word is almost.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Lena's fans are so harsh on her :lol: Sweta :yeah:

sky20748
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
:lol:that was too funnyEnglish beated you!

Mightymirza
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
The season has gone from brilliant to subpar for elena.. Now Justine is coming back too :scared: Anyways hope she has a good break ;) See you in Australia

SVK
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Svetus sounds very nice

Uranium
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Yes she did, she can have that while Venus takes the SFs and the 9-3 H2H:)
Congrats Sveta:yeah:
Lena:(

Larrybidd
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Tanking a match so that a fellow country woman can get through is match fixing. It's amazing how that sort of thing becomes acceptable depending on who you want to win.

One thing I was fairly sure of: Sveta wouldn't tank. The Russian rivaly can't be discounted. Kuzzy was ready to go. U go gurl.

davidmario
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:35 PM
sveta:hug:

moby
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM
The Demented One is useless as always.

Although Venus deserved to be in the semis. She was desperately close to winning the RRs that she did lose.

V's a star
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Yesssssssss Motherfuck!!!!!!!!!

Go Vee :banana::banana: Go Vee :banana::banana: Go Vee:banana::banana:

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:59 PM

Well, it's like I've said before, I don't get upset when my neighbor's kid brings home a bad report card.

In a perverse way, it's because we really do :inlove: her so much. Especially with bangs.

young_gunner913
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
COME ON SEXLANA!! :bounce:

A win to end the year. :D
And another loss to end Lenas. :)

Thanks for helping Vee advance to the SF. :woohoo:

Sammm
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Lena was abysmal. Sveta played well but each of the breaks of serve was down to horrendous play from Lena, gifting Kuz virtually every point. 3 dfs in one game. I suspect the return of Kim and now Justine has made Lena fully aware of the fact that her chances of winning a slam have gone and as a result her confidence has just collapsed. The serving this week has been shocking; double faulting close to 1 in every 3 second serves. Strange year from Lena, almost made Wimbledon final but I suppose the key word is almost.

I highly doubt Elena's double faulting was down to fear of Justine or Kim.

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
The season has gone from brilliant to subpar for elena.. Now Justine is coming back too :scared: Anyways hope she has a good break ;) See you in Australia

Not really. Our Big Golden Delicious hit her personal high on ranking (#3), equaled her best year for number of titles (3), made two slam semis, and won the U.S. Open Series.

Sure, '08 was a better year and more consistent, but once we get over Lena's annual YEC catastrophe, I think we'll be happy with her accomplishments.

I think there is a sense that her time is running out, and that makes it frustrating that she still has no slams and made this year feel like a bit of a letdown. But she was sick at the French and just got a brutal draw at the US Open.

If you factor out the sands of time, this was a good year by Lena standards. I hope she can improve a little next year.

We'll see. Lena can accomplish a lot of things. 500 weeks in the Top 20 is very doable. And maybe more. For all my kvetching, deep down inside I still believe in Lena. AND the bangs.

Sexysova
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
can't post youtube vids, so here's the link for mp :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3m3uNga_s

tonythetiger
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Yey!! I don't know if this was posted, but I love Vee's quote from Kuzzy's interview: "I asked Venus before the match, 'Would you give me something if I win?' She was like, 'If you win, it's good for yourself!'"

sCoTt.ChE.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Elena :rolleyes: :sobbing:
I cant say im hugely suprised as youve only played well in patches, Sveta played stress free and gave you no chances to get into the match.
Maybe a new decade will bring better fortune!

thrust
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Sveta usually plays like a mental midget against the Williams Sisters. Elena was pathetic today!

Slutati
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:03 PM
You are fucking useless, Eloser. You will never win anything other than that gold medal. :rolleyes:

WS final. :tape::help:
Save the tour, JJ.

hankqq
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Sveta :kiss: :smooch: :hug: :yeah: :worship: nice to see her end the year with a win :) so glad she helped out her friend Venus too:lol: :p :angel:

Vamos Feńa
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:11 PM
... Lena I think you passed your peak and you will never win a GS. Especially with mom as coach :help: but hey, it's your choice :wavey:

Conratz Sveta!

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Sveta. You won a match. At the YEC. For the first time since 06.

*collapses with giggles*

Milito22
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:21 PM
congrats Kuzzzzy!:rolleyes:

friendsita
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:21 PM

1st: ITA with u in everything.
2nd: I love ur avatar!

friendsita
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Yey!! I don't know if this was posted, but I love Vee's quote from Kuzzy's interview: "I asked Venus before the match, 'Would you give me something if I win?' She was like, 'If you win, it's good for yourself!'"

:lol: she's a good friend ;)

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM
:bigclap:

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Ugh a williamsfinal coming up. :o

Yes I hope so, and I'm soooooooooo happy. :bounce:

cn ireland
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yay for Venus:yeah:!

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:44 PM

"Sweta" :haha:

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:48 PM

If Venus had promised her something, she would have been under pressure to win. Vee knows her sista doesn't play well with pressure on her. ;)

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM
2nd: I love ur avatar!

Me too. :lol: ree got a good rep from me for it.

svetaisthebest
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Well Done Sveta:sobbing:a win in straight sets:bigclap: and at least she doesn't go 0-3 down this year:woohoo:

and congrats Vee on getting through!:)

Njay16
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:29 PM
You are fucking useless, Eloser. You will never win anything other than that gold medal. :rolleyes:

WS final. :tape::help:
Save the tour, JJ.

:tape::tape::tape:

Bijoux0021
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:43 PM

That says a lot. Their hate for Venus is much more stronger than their love for their own fav, Sveta. That is so sad. :sad:

Ferg
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Well done Sveta! You deserved a win this year :hatoff:

Lena :hug:

Pasta-Na
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:49 PM
thought kuzzy'd tank this match for her russian fellow. :p

Bijoux0021
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:13 AM
:worship:

Good outcome for both Sveta and Venus.

new-york
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:28 AM
If Svetus could win RG too. :inlove:

Zojirushi
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:32 AM
Good match Sveta. Pity that she couldn't advance in the semis..

Lena:hug: Anyway you have got a win over Venus:)

flyingmachine
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:54 AM
Oh well a win is a win. Even tho this is not enough for her to the semis.

Pops Maellard
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:57 AM
Lena. :rolleyes:

The disappointment avatar is back. :o The sexy one will have to wait till next year. :ras:

rjd1111
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:06 AM

Because She was playing Venus, Not Elena.

Pops Maellard
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:08 AM
Because She was playing Serena yesterday, Not Elena.
That's mean. :sad:

rjd1111
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:09 AM
The only thing worse than Elena's performance is that this was one of the better matches of this Yec. Kuznetsova played quite well.

Sveta " When I come to the court I bring my Name "

The extra $100,000 doesn't hurt either.

rjd1111
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:14 AM

amen

rjd1111
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:15 AM
oh wow, Sveta you legend:hearts: After seeing that performance, I feel bad that she isn't in the semi but still good to end the year with a win. It would be such a Venus thing to do to go on and win the YEC now from being on the brink of elimination:hehehe:
Oh and I just loved how all those match reports after Serena beat Vee pretty much stated as fact that Vee was out of the tournament:lol:

Yep!. Crow is a dish well served cold.

Denise4925
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:16 AM

this. Oh wait, actually it was Serena first, then Vee.

Uranium
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:22 AM

Venus.

rjd1111
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:23 AM
thought kuzzy'd tank this match for her russian fellow. :p

Kuzzy Said " When I come to the court, I bring my Name "

Some players still have integrity.

rjd1111
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:24 AM
That's mean. :sad:

Sorry

Vwilliamsfan1
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:44 AM
Good job sveta! :)
Glad you ended your year on a high note

gmokb
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:58 AM
Sveta has become my 3rd favourite player:worship:. Thanks for helping out my gal Vee:wavey:, only hope she doesn't waste it:mad:.

Nico_E
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:51 AM
did you see Serena's celebration right in the face of Dementieva camp :yeah: i told ya they would get it back after celebrating Elena's win over Venus - and now it has come full circle and they paid a heavy price.

Slammer7
Oct 31st, 2009, 04:07 AM
Congratulation to Richard and Oracene on the birth of their baby daughter Svetus. The proud parents welcomed baby Svetus into the family on October 30 at 12:56pm EST. Her big sisters Venus and Serena are said to be very happy to welcome their new baby sister into the family. The family is reported to be looking forward to Svetus continuing in the family business of ass whupinery. :devil:

:rolls:

Alex03Maccy
Oct 31st, 2009, 08:34 AM
great performance from sveta, elena's serve was useless again.

Galsen
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:01 PM
Congratulation to Richard and Oracene on the birth of their baby daughter Svetus. The proud parents welcomed baby Svetus into the family on October 30 at 12:56pm EST. Her big sisters Venus and Serena are said to be very happy to welcome their new baby sister into the family. The family is reported to be looking forward to Svetus continuing in the family business of ass whupinery. :devil:

:spit: :rolls: :haha:
wait it means that Richard has cheated on his young wife:eek::tape:

Beat
Oct 31st, 2009, 12:05 PM
sveta will kick herself repeatedly for missing out on this huge chance. with a better mentality, she could have been 3-0. *sigh*

crap thread title, btw/

Cookie Power
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:17 PM
Venus deserves it more than Elena.

ys
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:45 AM
The life is not without a bit of irony. Lena once also won a meaningless ( for her ) match at YEC beating Chanda Rubin and kicking her out of Championships and helping Amelie who was already packing in her hotel to eventually reach the finals. Chanda Rubin out. Amelie Mauresmo in. Because of Lena D. Lena D. out Venus Williams in. Because of Sveta. K.

Denise4925
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:49 AM

:tape::lol::lol: