PDA

View Full Version : Are Wozniacki and Jankovic in for sure now...

TheSeth1119
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Does it not matter if Azarenka wins or loses now, or does it change things, b/c then all 3 are each 2-1?

égalité
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
If Azarenka wins she's in.

Wozniacki's set W/L is 4-4
Even in Azarenka wins in 3, she'll still be 5-3 in sets.

Mina Vagante
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Jankovic is through.

Radwanska has to beat Azarenka for Caro to go through. I think.

Koon
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:33 PM
If Vika beats Aga in 2,She faces Venus/Elena/Sveta in semis

If Vika beats Aga in 3,she faces Serena in semis

If Vika beats Aga, she through :p

!Gio!
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Jankovic is through.

Radwanska has to beat Azarenka for Caro to go through. I think.

Correct!!! Now if Azarenka wins in two she is first in the group, if she wins in three she is second in the group and if she loses, than Caro advances.

CuteKoala
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Good luck, Radwańska! :p

fish_wilson
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Caro - Great effort this week. I'm sure it'll be the first of many YEC's for her
Well with all those injuries at only nineteen, and if she keeps having the same schedule as this year I seriously doubt that she will last more than a couple of seasons.....

thrust
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
If Azarenka wins she's in.

Wozniacki's set W/L is 4-4
Even in Azarenka wins in 3, she'll still be 5-3 in sets.

The fact that Caro beat Victoria should trump the set wins, but then, this is th WTA!!

Babolatpro880
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:06 PM
The fact that Caro beat Victoria should trump the set wins, but then, this is th WTA!!

If there were two players with the same record, it would. But, if Azarenka wins, three players will be tied at 2-1, so head-to-head can't decide it.

So stop complaining unless you know the rules.

mboyle
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Caro beat Vika who beat Jelena who beat Caro...that's why they can't just go by head to head.

I love Caroline. Really I do. And she's had a great week. She deserves to make it. Go Aga...but if you can't win (and really I don't think you can), could you please at least win one set so that it can be Serena vs. Azarenka and then Venus vs. Jankovic in the semis? That would be sweet.

youizahoe
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Easy :

Radwanska loses in 2 or 3, Azarenka qualifies
Radwanska wins in 2 or 3, Caroline qualifies (and is 2nd in group)

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
OMG Aga has to win for her BFF!