Oct 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Congrats. :)

Poor Caro. :sad:

*Jean*
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:28 PM
@ s_j : YAY JANKA! :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :hearts:

John.
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Congrats to JJ - At the end of the day, she can only play the opponent that is in front of her, so it's not her fault Safina withdrew or Wozniacki had an empty tank.

Caro - Great effort this week. I'm sure it'll be the first of many YEC's for her

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Caro :hug: Hope Aga can help you.;)

JJ :bounce:

Iceland
Most amazing run at a tournament since Sveta @ New Haven in 2007.

ce
:woohoo:

olivero
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
well done Jeca :kiss:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Caro :hug: It was expected, she had nothing left in the tank :awww: Credit to her for trying though.

Jelena :hearts:

sammy01
well done jj, she played it exactly right, there are many ballbashers that would have gone out there and sprayed errors and made the match really tight.

caro hard luck i guess

Mikey.
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm glad JJ won and made it to the semis, but not in this way. I feel really sorry for Caroline. :awww:

Illusionist
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Caro, get well soon.
JJ, good effort. It wasn't easy for you, we all saw it, but you were able to cope with it. Best of luck in semis :inlove:

VIKA?
Jelena:inlove:

bmxbandit
Most amazing run at a tournament since Sveta @ New Haven in 2007.

Remind me what happened then, please?

MagicMilan
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Caro's attitude impressed me in this match :yeah:
Congrats Jelena, you lucky lucky girl :)

!Gio!
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Good job Jelena, nicely played!

n1ko0
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
poor caro was jus too worn out, but still great to see her smiling and just enjoying being there! well done JJ, luck definitely on her side this week but credit to her anyways

CuteKoala
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Well done, Jelly! :yeah: Ajde! :hearts:

*Jean*
I'd like to remind everyone that she hasn't chosen to defeat two half-dead players. ;)

MagicMilan
And for the sake of these championships it's better for Jelena to qualify IMO. Caro wouldn't have the slightest chance cause of her injury :shrug:

C. W. Fields
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I'm surprised no Wozniack haters have been in here gloating yet. Maybe even they feel it's bad form to mock a player who clearly had nothing left in the tank?
Caro might still advance yet, but a part of me don't want it to happen. At best Caro will only be marginally more fit tomorrow and a SF against Serena would be a blowout.

Lacrish
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
:woohoo:
WD JJ :yeah:

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Get well soon Caroline.

JJ :lol::tape:

WTA :tape: Injuries.

Martian Jeza
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I hope people who told yesterday Caroline was faking it enjoyed the fact she could barely move well on the court ! So far for faking an injury or cheating ! :lol:

Get well soon Caroline, Recharge your batteries and above all heal at 101% all your injuries to be fit and focused for next season. :hug:

is1531
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I am so happy that another one of the female phony injuries(Wozniacki, among others) will be out of the running for the Semi-finals as long as car crash Azarenka does her job today agaist Radwanska. Wozniacki got the break of her life by not playing the hard hitting Safina, who had a legimate injury, but hopefully her luck has run out. It's amazing how so many of these phony female injuries allow them to continue, while when the men are injured they retire which is normal. Just go back and watch how Nadal surrendered to Murray early in the year in the final set. That was an injury as Nadal was limping all over the place. Ladies, if you have a real injury don't play

Wozniacki did not limp the entire match against Zavanereva, yet as soon as the match ended the ist thing she did was limp. Caroline is a good player and does have a marvelous personality, but she is not exactly Doris Day. Another words her acting on the court does not fool me.

Caroline will probably be a top 10 ten player in 2010 with her experience, but as long as you have fools like Azarenka who don't know how to follow through with strategy, that will allow Wozniacki to defeat other top 10 players.

Personally, I think 75% percent of the men are only interested in Wozniacki because of her looks. Meanwhile, it was dizzy Kuznetsova who gave Caroline life going spellbound at 5-2 in the 2nd set at the US Open.

Sombrerero loco
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
caro was not fine...she is broken.
if she passes to the semifinal........

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Well this has put me in such a bad mood, a day that has been so good RUINED. Didn't catch the match and first thing i did when i came in was check the result. So sad.

JJ, UGH!

Illusionist
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
WHAT IS wrong with you people???? You'd rather see injured Wozniacki who can't move in the semis than healthy JJ. This is the point when all of you could try to push your hate to JJ aside with your brain. But I see some of you have problems with their brains.

Sombrerero loco
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM
is jelena passes, I hope serena to destroy her in the semifinals...

thegreendestiny
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yuck.

allrounder
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Well done JJ, GL in the SF's :yeah:

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Noooooooooooooo! Caro. Why did you have to run out of steam now?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
First time ever that I am happy with a JJ win.

heavensider
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I think it's a good result for white group, cos even Caro go into the semifinal, she will has no weapon to play against any one
so,good luck JJ in semifinal!!!

thegreendestiny
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
The white group was probably the most catastrophic group ever since the round robin was introduced. :help:

is1531
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
At least I can laugh out loud watching Shake Em Up Janko play. Perhaps she will get me hysterical during one of her interviews. Entertain me Jelena the Warrior.

BlameSerena
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
JJ deserved this. She played great despite Caro's issues.

pokey camp
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Awesome JJ. :hearts: Well deserved.

Taniaaa
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Well done Jelena:)

Caro:hug:

louisa.
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM
:hearts: jelena.

Jean-Henri
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Congratulations to Jelena. Do well in the Semi ...

gmak
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
caro :sad: :(
expected really :shrug:

only 1 of my faves in the semis now :mad:

Nikkiri
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry Caro :hug:

Optima
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
:yeah:

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
:lol: Jelena looked equally surprised as I was to get to the semis. After that first match catastrophe she sounded she had resigned herself to the fact she was going home with 0-3.
She was insanely lucky indeed, but I still don't see why Wozzie would be a more deserving semifinalist than JJ. She did give some magnificent dramatic performances even JJ should be jealous of, but she didn't exactly have some GOATish wins. :shrug:

KBdoubleu
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:28 PM
:lol: Jelena looked equally surprised as I was to get to the semis. After that first match catastrophe she sounded she had resigned herself to the fact she was going home with 0-3.
She was insanely lucky indeed, but I still don't see why Wozzie would be a more deserving semifinalist than JJ. She did give some magnificent dramatic performances even JJ should be jealous of, but she didn't exactly have some GOATish wins. :shrug:

Well she had two legitimate, hard-fought wins. Jankovic has this, a straight sets loss to Azarenka, and a retirement at 1-1 from Safina.

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Well she had two legitimate, hard-fought wins. Jankovic has this, a straight sets loss to Azarenka, and a retirement at 1-1 from Safina.

Well, ''hard-fought'' or rather hard-won should be the operative word here. We could talk about some cosmic injustice if she, perhaps, had beaten two players in great forms or something, but her two wins were nothing special. :shrug:
I'm not saying JJ is ''deserving'', just that it's not a great tragedy and a loss for tennis Wozzie won't reach the SF.

oleada
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Best result of this YEC :hearts:

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Caro ends such a great year with a LOSS :crying2:

So sad!

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Caro ends such a great year with a LOSS :crying2:

So sad!

At least she had a great year (unlike some people I support :awww:)

sCoTt.ChE.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Jelena should be renamed Lady Luck! :lol: :worship:
A straight sets victory by virtue of Safinas retirement, plays an exhausted and seriously hindered Wozniacki for an easy victory and then Radwanska beats Azarenka enabling her to win the group and face Venus instead of Serena!
Professional job though, good luck tomorrow, just dont follow the curse of that white group and get injured!

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Jelena should be renamed Lady Luck! :lol: :worship:
A straight sets victory by virtue of Safinas retirement, plays an exhausted and seriously hindered Wozniacki for an easy victory and then Radwanska beats Azarenka enabling her to win the group and face Venus instead of Serena!
Professional job though, good luck tomorrow, just dont follow the curse of that white group and get injured!

:lol:

Sexysova
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
can't post youtube vids, so here's the link for mp :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sA7hiTGpY0

Jose.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Jankovic :woohoo: Very lucky :p
Carol :hug:

Graf~Dokic
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Jelena... :) :yeah: She was very lucky to get to the semis, but who cares?

cn ireland
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:52 PM
JJ:bounce:!

Glad Caro reached SF too:)!!

Nico_E
Oct 31st, 2009, 02:44 AM
absolutely pathetic and disgusting luck Jankovic has received during this tournament, no way did she deserve to be in the semis here

amazing she had the gual to celebrate and smile when she won like she's in the semis from her own doing, but you expect nothing better from a character like her

hopefully Venus destroys her to hell today

rucolo
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Good win, Jelena!:D:bounce:

Caroline:hug:

Really strong play from Jelena until 6-2 4-0.:yeah:

Very tough conditions in Doha: Hot and humid.

Jelena into SF!:woohoo:
Have to say she was lucky.

Now kick Venus out, Jelena!!!
Final Jelena vs Serena, please!:hearts:

ivanban
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:32 PM
absolutely pathetic and disgusting luck Jankovic has received during this tournament, no way did she deserve to be in the semis here

amazing she had the gual to celebrate and smile when she won like she's in the semis from her own doing, but you expect nothing better from a character like her

hopefully Venus destroys her to hell today

:hug: