PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Jankovic - the least deserving YEC semi-finalist ever!

s_j
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:23 PM
She loses easily to Azarenka in straights, then more or less gets a walkover from world #1 Safina (which is noted as 2 sets won) and then has to win against a girl with one leg! - especially not difficult when the girl (Wozniacki) has played two 3 hour marathons in her previous matches and come back from the brink of defeat...

I wish there was some sort of rule for this (of course I'm only semi-serious), but it just bugs me that Jankovic has got through to the semis of a huge tournament and none of it is down to her game. Not really.

Anyway, here's hoping she proves she's worth it and produces some great tennis in the final 4... but I wish Caroline and Victoria progressed. They deserve it.

Ferg
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
ewwww. This group was even worse then anyone could have anticipated.

At least we could hear the crowd today. :shrug:

Dani12
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Bahahaha! Jelena :) :yeah:

Optima
:banana:

All luck, this Jankovic.

Illusionist
Kill yourself if you can't take it.

She had lots of luck, and she will take it!

Steff_forever
Caro :worship: :hug:

JJ well done, isn't too easy to use this chance if a win is a must :bowdown:

MaBaker
Go bang your head against the wall.

Routine win over faking fixer.

John.
:rolls: The White Group - More like the Shite Group

Dawson.
I blame Safina.

bmxbandit
What a joke.

Mynarco
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I really hope JJ would make use of this golden chance, avoiding Serena in Semis, and face Serena in YEC final.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Haters :hug:

Koon
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Don't see JJ beat anyone in Maroon Group anyway :)

Michael!
:tape:
Actually she doesnt deserve it to be that lucky after such a season, but that is tennis :spit:
Hopefully she finishes group now on 2nd place behind Azarenka, would rather like to see Azarenka playing Elena or Venus!

Hashim.
welldone JJ:D

Woz Woz:hug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I really hope JJ would make use of this golden chance, avoiding Serena in Semis, and face Serena in YEC final.

She hasnt yet avoided Serena. If Vika wins in 2 sets against Aga then Jankovic faces Serena in the Semis.

*Jean*
She deserves it. :)

cellophane
Is her last name Jankovic? You bet it is... :ras:

madmax
a joke player can only advance in joke circumstances - just like her compatriot Djokovic, who needed a mono Fed to win his one and only slam...

Nacho
she deserves it just for being the only player out there who's not injured :angel:

congrats Jelena, good luck in the SF :yeah:

ce
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
JJ :inlove:
this is even better than regular coming into semis :inlove:

!Gio!
ewwww. This group was even worse then anyone could have anticipated.

At least we could hear the crowd today. :shrug:

Because there was Serbians, say what you want about them but they always give 200 percent when supporting their players, 20 Serbs is equal to 200 normal fans.:lol:

brent-o
She loses easily to Azarenka in straights, then more or less gets a walkover from world #1 Safina (which is noted as 2 sets won) and then has to win against a girl with one leg! - especially not difficult when the girl (Wozniacki) has played two 3 hour marathons in her previous matches and come back from the brink of defeat...

I wish there was some sort of rule for this (of course I'm only semi-serious), but it just bugs me that Jankovic has got through to the semis of a huge tournament and none of it is down to her game. Not really.

Anyway, here's hoping she proves she's worth it and produces some great tennis in the final 4... but I wish Caroline and Victoria progressed. They deserve it.

And how would you like Jankovic to change that to make you happy? Withdraw herself from the tournament? If you're gonna bitch, bitch about her opponents that made the trip down there for the paycheck when they knew they weren't 100%.

gumoll
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM
what a joke :spit:

Princeza
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:30 PM
http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Amour/ourson-amour-9215.gif

Nina.
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
So Jelena was lucky, yes. So what? It's not her fault that her opponents came to this tournament in totally messed up health :shrug: It could have happened to any other player, as well.

Brena
OP :kiss:

justine schnyder
:zzz: yeah whatever. come on Jelena :)

saul1333
:cool: WD JJ

gaja kesari
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Oh come on. I am not a fan of Jelena, but it's hardly her fault.

s_j
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:33 PM
And how would you like Jankovic to change that to make you happy? Withdraw herself from the tournament? If you're gonna bitch, bitch about her opponents that made the trip down there for the paycheck when they knew they weren't 100%.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if she withdrew actually... At this rate of luckiness, all other players will either break a leg or set their alarm clocks too late and miss their matches... I dunno! I WAS JOKING...!

My point was that Jelena simply does not deserve to be in the Year-Ending Championships. Full stop. Let alone the semi-finals!

Illusionist
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:33 PM
JJ to get retirement in semis :inlove: and in final to have luck in 50% of the points and gets the title :inlove:

Marionated
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Was Sharapova deserving when she beat an injured opponent in the 04 final, Op? JJ :kiss:

mr_burns
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM
really hope she plays Serena, otherwise I could see her in the final (lena and Venus like to lose to her)

Brena
My point was that Jelena simply does not deserve to be in the Year-Ending Championships. Full stop. Let alone the semi-finals!

Who does?
A slumping JJ will put up better fight against Serena than an on-form Wozzie would, so :shrug:

s_j
Was Sharapova deserving when she beat an injured opponent in the 04 final, Op? JJ :kiss:

Did you watch that match????

Download it and then come back and say that.

fung627
Just beacuse of others being injured makes Jankovic a least deserving YEC semi-finalist ever? She has absolute no control over all these situations and definitely she should not be blamed.

You may say she has the easiest path to the semi-final but least deserving? I disagree.

s_j
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Who does?
A slumping JJ will put up better fight against Serena than an on-form Wozzie would, so :shrug:

That's true.:)

jasminefu623
I blame Safina.

couldn't agree more, what she even came out and play if safina is sooooooooooooooo injuried?:o

VishaalMaria

What's wrong with you?

It's not Jelena's fault that Dinara practiced too much and injured her back and it's not her fault that Caroline couldnt make things easier for herself and win one of the two match points she had at 6-0 5-2 40/15 yesterday.

What do you expect Jelena to do? She got lucky at no fault of her own. It happens. Deal with it.

Vaidisova Ruled
It's not JJ's fault, but Dinara's.

дalex
What!? She beat world #1 6-1 6-0 and world #4 6-2 6-2! Kinda... :lol:

Mlle Bruni
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Never give a fxxx about what Sharapova's fans say... Well done Jelena!

cellophane
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Did you watch that match????

Download it and then come back and say that.

Well, Serena was serving on one leg... so you tell me :angel:

danieln1
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Couldn´t agree more, she had the most easy path to the semi, Caro deserves MUCH more than her... But she´ll get trashed in the semis, that´s obvious

homogenius
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM
It's often like that at the YEC: last event of the year, all players are either tired, injured, mentally drained...
JJ totally sucked in her first match (like if her legs were still in Moscow)and Vika benefited of it, Vera wasn't really ready to replace Safina but Wozniacki failed to take advantage and get a straights sets win (and exhausted herself in 2 3hours marathons)etc...

A lot of things happened this week.You have to adapt to the round robin format with what you have left physically and mentally, stay motivated...Some do it better than others, and they are the last 4 still alive at the end :shrug:

Blackeagle
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Ok she doesn't deserve to be in SF but you can't blame her , definitely not her fault.
The group system works well for football or basketball but definitely not for tennis !

Kampi
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Hahahahaha, we take it with a smile.;):lol: And it is not Jelena's fault.:wavey: But I have to admit this years YEC is the definition of WEIRD!

GO JJ:bounce:

madmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ok she doesn't deserve to be in SF but you can't blame her , definitely not her fault.
The group system works well for football or basketball but definitely not for tennis !

agreed. Tennis always ahould be based arround elimination rounds - this is not team sports, when teams have replacements for injured players. What is stopping WTA to implement the draw of the best 16 at the YEC? This way there would be less matches (only 4 if going all the way), more players participating and every match would be meaningful and important, just like in Grand Slams...can't grasp why they don't bother trying this format:rolleyes:

roelc
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Well, Serena was serving on one leg... so you tell me :angel:

at least than she only has to care about one foot to make a foot-fault :)

Inger67
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
So no matter what happens, Caro is out if Azarenka wins?

That's such bull shit.

Sombrerero loco
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:56 PM
this is so unfair

BlameSerena
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:58 PM
JJ :inlove:

Jorn
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:58 PM
There should be a rule if a player retired early in a match you played a new match vs an Alternate, but well done JJ.

Caro had not more energy left today, after 2 long 3 setters.

s_j
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Look guys. I am NOT saying Jankovic did this on purpose or did something to someone to get this. Of course it is not her fault that she had two injured players in her group. But I just look at the players she was up against and I can't help but feel JJ is the least deserving of the lot! And... I actually like JJ a lot! She's one of my favourite players, but come on...!

Dinara has had an amazing season, fights for that #1 spot despite adversity and criticism yet falls at the final hurdle giving Jelena the match.

Caroline deserves to be in the semis for her performance in her two previous matches alone. It's refreshing to see a girl with so much fight... Yes, I know a semi-final would maybe be a step too far for her leg but she still deserves it more than most.

And Azarenka - she completely dominated Jelena.

So I'm not saying we should crucify and bash JJ for being in the semis. The other three just deserved it more.

Illusionist
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM

Did we watch the same thing? Dominating JJ with 8 winners (JJ 17)?
No, JJ was dominating with the unforced errors (33).

It's ok, I'm not saying Azarenka didn't deserve to win the match, but Azarenka dominating? Come on.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Go JJ! Win the title and piss the haters off.:wavey:

s_j
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Did we watch the same thing? Dominating JJ with 8 winners (JJ 17)?
No, JJ was dominating with the unforced errors (33).

It's ok, I'm not saying Azarenka didn't deserve to win the match, but Azarenka dominating? Come on.

Splitting hairs much? JJ got thrashed.

Ksenia.
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Caro's leg is not JJ's problem, neither is Dinara's back :bigwave:

earthcrystal
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Jankovic making the semis and Caroline maybe not? The system is broken...period.

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
It's not JJ's fault, but who can we blame? :lol:

Jorn
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Yes the system is broken, Venus will only 1 win in RR can be in the Semis, Caro with 2 wins may be out.

sammy01
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM
well if jj and vika go through then thats the 2 healthy players in the smei's.

M&M
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM
:help:

The Witch-king
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:31 PM
QUIT HATIN ok??

winchester
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Worst YEC ever.

Roookie
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Look guys. I am NOT saying Jankovic did this on purpose or did something to someone to get this. Of course it is not her fault that she had two injured players in her group. But I just look at the players she was up against and I can't help but feel JJ is the least deserving of the lot! And... I actually like JJ a lot! She's one of my favourite players, but come on...!

Dinara has had an amazing season, fights for that #1 spot despite adversity and criticism yet falls at the final hurdle giving Jelena the match.

Caroline deserves to be in the semis for her performance in her two previous matches alone. It's refreshing to see a girl with so much fight... Yes, I know a semi-final would maybe be a step too far for her leg but she still deserves it more than most.

So I'm not saying we should crucify and bash JJ for being in the semis. The other three just deserved it more.

:bs:

Brena
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I doubt there's a hater who hates JJ more than I do after this season, but you should realise that this is a very good outcome for both her and Wozzi: Wozzie has earned a lot of points and support by surviving all those on-court near-death experiences, and Jelena has a chance to regain back some confidence by reaching the SF (and hopefully putting up a good fight against Serena). So, next season, when they're all healthy and not-dying, they can play again and we'll see who's better. :)

Nikkiri
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Doesn't seem fair. Nothing against Jankovic she can't help it just Caroline had 2 actual wins hard fought wins at that, sure she would not be able to give her all in the semi's but she deserves to be there more. But that's the way it is, so good luck to Jankovic.

duhcity
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM
1. Jelena had no choice in the matter, she only did what she could with what was in front of her.

2. Fair? Since when has tennis, or any other sport, been fair?

RenaSlam.
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:04 PM
:tape:

kris719
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
it sucks, but rules are rules.

Juju Nostalgique
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
:lol:

Matt01
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Jankovic making the semis and Caroline maybe not? The system is broken...period.

Maybe you missed it but Jelena gave Caro a beatdown today.

DS.Fan.
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM
No words!

Richie's
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:50 PM
People...

Caro s in Semis...
Azarenka will serve 2nd time for the match... If Vika win, JJ is out -> Vika SF

Seyz
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I love JJ. rarely Injured, fit, and keeps on chugging away.
And even when she's injured, she recovers pretty quickly.

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Wrong

Denise4925
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM

:worship::worship::worship: