PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki Could Rise To WTA #1 After Australian Open 2010

NA-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:06 AM
she will probably overtake Kuznetsova after Doha YEC 2009

then the two player in front of her are defending champion and finalist points at AO 2010

Safina will probably not play Australian Open so she lose 1,400 points

what if Serena is banned from Australian Open or she draws Henin in the early rounds or she has bad day :shrug: (2010 is EVEN year, not year that Serena wins AO)

Wozniacki will probably be gift a cakewalk at Australian Open ... if she make the SF, she probably become WTA #1 :spit:

Caipirinha Guy
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Too much 'if'

jjcrew#1
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:11 AM
great great news!!!

KournikovaFan91
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM
OMG :spit:

I can actually see that happening

DragonFlame
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I'm hoping for elena to run away with the #3 before her... Best thing to happen would be a caroline-elena match for the year-end #3 ranking, i think that's only fair to both players. :)

So hopefully both of them will win tomorrow to set up this match.

Hachiko
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Seems to be only a matter of time.

fouc
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:15 AM
wow, no more SEWTA :eek: That's a great news here!

mckyle.
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Awesome!

RenaSlam.
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:16 AM
No way. NO WAY.

is1531
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Wait until Sabine faces Caroline next year. Caroline will really have something to cry about.

Jarl_02
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Well I wouldn't mind...i actually really liked what I saw from her against Azarenka and Zvonareva....being aggresive and going for her shots but with consistency, yeah maybe she's playing that way becuase of her injury but if she realizes that she has to be more aggresive she can get even better...

But overall I think next year will be very interesting...at least way more interesting than 2009

KournikovaFan91
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Wait until Sabine faces Caroline next year. Caroline will really have something to cry about.

:lol:
Well Sabine was the one crying at USO if I remember over a twisted ankle, she couldn't even beat RodioNOTALENT.

Sombrerero loco
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:23 AM
i wish sadina didnīt played the aus open, but i donīt think so
anyway, wozniacki could be the number 2(after serena)

AnomyBC
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:31 AM
That would be extremely improbable. Serena and Safina would have to either not play or go out very early and then Caro would still have to go further than Kuzzy and Elena. And on the other hand, if Serena or Safina do well, Caro could potentially win the tournament and still not be #1. So not only would she have to do really well, but she'd have to have a ton of luck as well. That being said, as a Caro fan, I'd love to see her pull it off :inlove:

danieln1
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Better Wozniacki number 1 than Li Na, who i donīt think will ever get to number 10... :haha: :haha:

Jane Lane
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:09 AM
....no comment.
Pople say the WTA is in dire straights now?
:help: :banghead: :bolt:

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Wozniacki would make a great #1 :drool:

Hope she wins a GS too :bounce:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:14 AM
i love that you state "IF" serena runs into henin. serena kicked henin's ass the last time they met, and she won't lose to her at the australian "IF" they meet.

caroline's day will come, she is so talented. why the hate?

Uranium
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Wow, I thought having Safina and JJ as #1's were bad, but with this possibility they are looking pretty good to me.

CloudAtlas
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Love all the unlikely "if's" :p:

Nicolás89
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Daniela S. must win AO.

rjd1111
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:26 AM

then the two player in front of her are defending champion and finalist points at AO 2010

what if Serena is banned from Australian Open or she draws Henin in the early rounds or she has bad day :shrug: (2010 is ODD year, not year that Serena wins AO)

Wozniacki will probably be gift a cakewalk at Australian Open ... if she make the SF, she probably become WTA #1 :spit:

What does drawing Henin at the AO have to do with anything.

She can get beat like anyone else.

If I remember correctly the last time they played Serena

handed her the worst ass whupping a Number 1 ever suffered.

NA-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Love all the unlikely "if's" :p:

not that many ifs to me :shrug:

Wozniacki probably advance to YEC SF
Sveta will not advance to YEC SF
Dementieva may or may not advance to YEC SF

Wozniacki has upper hand for the 2009 YE #3 spot

then Serena and Safina have HUGE point to defend in Australia while Wozniacki has close nothing :shrug:

Safina already said she injur and will probably miss Australia

Serena could possible be banned for Australia

rjd1111
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Wozniacki would make a great #1 :drool:

Hope she wins a GS too :bounce:

Woz took a page from Hingy, JJ, and Dinara's book

Play a lot to get points and Ranking.

As Another Slamless # 1 she would get the same

treatment JJ and Dinara got.

mr_burns
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I had the same thought. Serena better defends her title (or at least final) to avoid that. Safina will be out of top 3 then for sure
With or without injury. She is out of form and won't get such a gentle draw again (like last year)

Craig.
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:57 AM
:rolls: It could totally happen.

hdfb
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:36 AM
:scared: If she is #1, which I will moan and bitch about forever, she better at least win AO.

Roookie
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Lol at Serena playing against Justine is a given loss. :spit:

Caro has really nothing to defend at the Slams except for the USO. She will become number one. RIP WTA. :haha:

NA-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Lol at Serena playing aganist Justine is given loss for her. :spit:

Caro has really nothing to defend at the Slams except for the USO. She will become number one. RIP WTA. :haha:

:sad:

WTA :help:

LeonHart
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Woz took a page from Hingy, JJ, and Dinara's book

Play a lot to get points and Ranking.

As Another Slamless # 1 she would get the same

treatment JJ and Dinara got.

:lol: before Serena all #1's has played more than 15 tournaments so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

Lucas_Arg
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Maria, Kim or Justine will completely crush this wannabe.

NA-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM

even they crush her on way to AO title, they won't have enuf points to stop her from rise to #1 :help:

Nikkiri
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:14 AM
:hearts: GET IT GIRL!!

Pasta-Na
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:24 AM
she'll draw juju in R1. :p

LoLiTa08
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:53 AM
she annoys me dont know why

kris719
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I really hope this happens to piss off 80% of the people (i use the term loosely) here.

pokey camp
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I really hope this happens to piss off 80% of the people (i use the term loosely) here.
Why restrict the wish to Caro? ANY player becoming #1 would piss off 80% of the people here. :confused:

Rising Sun
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Better Wozniacki number 1 than Li Na, who i donīt think will ever get to number 10... :haha: :haha:
What's Li Na got to do with this? :confused:

gc-spurs
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Lol at Serena playing against Justine is a given loss. :spit:

:lol: ikr
Last time Justine played in AO she was served some baked goods.
Last time Justine played Serena she was served some baked goods.

Originally Posted by Lucas_Arg
Keen to see that :hearts:

kris719
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Why restrict the wish to Caro? ANY player becoming #1 would piss off 80% of the people here. :confused:

haha, well that's true.

Pasta-Na
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:28 AM

u already jinxed peer and that belgian player. :nerner:

remember na lis nothing to defend until mid-feb (61 pts) or march. :p

vandy
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:08 AM
"serena kicked henin's ass the last time they met" Doesn't matter. Rules have changed. You must not have gotten the memmo. Only Grand slams count. So remember, if Justine or Kim wins Australian open, nothing else matters till French. It's called the Serena rule. Just laugh if you lose at some itsy bitsy tournement. And say you are only really trying at the grand slams.

Ciarán
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:10 AM
cmert caqroline is a joke. she is not no.1 material at ALL,.

Stamp Paid
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:10 AM
If they ban Serena from defending her title....

A Magicman
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:12 AM
25BlzbPU0FQ

:lol:

Heaven forbids that'll ever happen.

Koon
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:19 AM
WTA :help:

KBdoubleu
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:31 AM
:lol: before Serena all #1's has played more than 15 tournaments so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

Well, Venus had played only 15 tournaments at the time she first rose to number 1. Nine of those tournaments she came out the victor (two of those tournaments being Grand Slams). Serena had just 12 tournaments on her ranking when she first rose to number 1, with 7 tournament victories (including 2 grand slams) and another slam final to boot. Henin played 19 tournaments and 9 tournament victories (including 2 grand slams) when she debuted at number 1. If Wozniacki were to rise to number 1 after the AO, she would likely have played 25 tournaments, with just 4 tournament victories, and 0 Grand Slam victories (assuming she doesn't win the AO). That is more than double the amount of tournaments Serena played and less tournament victories. The number one ranking is clearly becoming less significant if a player with this record can achieve the top ranking. Another slamless number 1 before her, Jankovic, had 22 tournaments and just one tournament victory when she debuted a top the rankings. Even Clijsters, who was herself once a notorious slamless number one, had to win something like 8 or 9 tournaments in order to take the number one ranking from Serena. The vacuum in the game created when Henin left the sport for the brief time she did clearly led to some of this mess, as it pushed Ivanovic (who actually had a respectable resume when she first was ranked number 1, 4 tournament wins, including the French Open) to the top of the rankings when she was not ready. Ivanovic’s inability to handle the pressure led to Jankovic’s number one reign. Jankovic probably has the worst record for a number 1 in history, going 1 for 22 in tournaments when she first reached the game’s pinnacle. This disorder is also due to the sport's best player having her complete focus on major tournaments and frankly not really giving a damn about the "regular" tournaments. I'm not old enough to remember this happening in previous generations, but it seems to me that another reason why the number one ranking is playing out the way it is now is because (when on) the games best players are STILL the older veterans (Venus, Serena, Clijsters, Henin) who cannot sustain a full schedule without their bodies breaking down, which gives the chance for younger players like Wozniacki , Jankovic and Safina to take charge of the rankings.

SELVEN
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I can't wait for that

Ju's backhand
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:24 AM

Says who?

What's this shit? Ban this twat already.

Harvs
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM
nice..

winchester
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:37 AM
She won't reach the spot in her first opportunity, it's WTA guys.

Sammm
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Says who?

What's this shit? Ban this twat already.
There was a thread with a quote from Dinara saying that her back injury might cause her to miss the Australian open.

Can everyone calm down with the NA-GOAT hate? There are much worse posters floating around.

Alex03Maccy
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:47 AM
it's too soon, she doesn't deserve it yet, but she will one day, when she wins a slam and serena is gone.

DOUBLEFIST
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hell, why not. Anybody with a couple of decent victories and consistent results can be a sham wta #1, and she certainly fits that category, so... :shrug:

The WTA has turned the #1 in to a bit of a gang bang. :o

In The Zone
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Well, Venus had played only 15 tournaments at the time she first rose to number 1. Nine of those tournaments she came out the victor (two of those tournaments being Grand Slams). Serena had just 12 tournaments on her ranking when she first rose to number 1, with 7 tournament victories (including 2 grand slams) and another slam final to boot. Henin played 19 tournaments and 9 tournament victories (including 2 grand slams) when she debuted at number 1. If Wozniacki were to rise to number 1 after the AO, she would likely have played 25 tournaments, with just 4 tournament victories, and 0 Grand Slam victories (assuming she doesn't win the AO). That is more than double the amount of tournaments Serena played and less tournament victories. The number one ranking is clearly becoming less significant if a player with this record can achieve the top ranking. Another slamless number 1 before her, Jankovic, had 22 tournaments and just one tournament victory when she debuted a top the rankings. Even Clijsters, who was herself once a notorious slamless number one, had to win something like 8 or 9 tournaments in order to take the number one ranking from Serena. The vacuum in the game created when Henin left the sport for the brief time she did clearly led to some of this mess, as it pushed Ivanovic (who actually had a respectable resume when she first was ranked number 1, 4 tournament wins, including the French Open) to the top of the rankings when she was not ready. Ivanovic’s inability to handle the pressure led to Jankovic’s number one reign. Jankovic probably has the worst record for a number 1 in history, going 1 for 22 in tournaments when she first reached the game’s pinnacle. This disorder is also due to the sport's best player having her complete focus on major tournaments and frankly not really giving a damn about the "regular" tournaments. I'm not old enough to remember this happening in previous generations, but it seems to me that another reason why the number one ranking is playing out the way it is now is because (when on) the games best players are STILL the older veterans (Venus, Serena, Clijsters, Henin) who cannot sustain a full schedule without their bodies breaking down, which gives the chance for younger players like Wozniacki , Jankovic and Safina to take charge of the rankings.

100% agree. Perfect post.

nevetssllim
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:22 AM

what if Serena is banned from Australian Open or she draws Henin in the early rounds or she has bad day :shrug: (2010 is EVEN year, not year that Serena wins AO)

Or what if Wozniacki runs into Henin in the early stages? :shrug:

And I'm sure Safina will be there - despite her back injury, she has already entered Brisbane.

Sombrerero loco
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM
wozniacki wonīt be the number one.
justine will

Dodoboy.
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:27 AM
That's so exciting! I think she's a contender for AO, anyway! Would be great if she started the year like that!

Exciting times for our sport!

Sammm
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
That's so exciting! I think she's a contender for AO, anyway! Would be great if she started the year like that!

Exciting times for our sport!

Just because she's your fave doesn't make it exciting for the rest of us :shrug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Wozniacki is more than 2300 points behind Serena, I dont see her closing that after Australian Open. If she goes deep at this YEC, she will increase the gap even more.

Noctis
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:42 AM

Who said Na Was gunna number one.
you outdone yourself Douchebag:spit:

Kim,Justine,Maria,Serena,Venus,Jelena,Sveta,
Surely one of them should stop her

sammy01
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:54 AM
if that happens the souls of cute kittens all over the world would die :sad:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:05 PM
if that happens the souls of cute kittens all over the world would die :sad:

I thought that happened only when someone masturbates

sammy01
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I thought that happened only when someone masturbates

both that and caro at #1 are both sins :sad:

NA-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
:spit: @ Azarenka's choke to Radwanska
gives Wozniacki chance to gain more points :help:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
How's #3 looking for Caroline?

NA-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I think for sure she will finish 2009 at #3 unless Venus wins :shrug:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:25 PM
holy shit, that would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :D

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Sveta is nearly 300 pts ahead of Wozniacki after RR

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Just because she's your fave doesn't make it exciting for the rest of us :shrug:
Zactly. :lol:

holy shit, that would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :D

No, she'd have to beat Serena. :lol:;)

Brooklyn90
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
God help us all!

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Svetlana has a QF to defend at Australian Open so even if Wozniacki doesn't make it this year, she has a good shot at doing it early next year I reckon.

Caro top 3 in the world :hearts:

Jose.
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
:eek:

cn ireland
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:55 PM
That would be amazing but I don't see it happening that quickly.

Galsen
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
If Serena would lose her rankin' I'd be okay with Caro #1
Vee is too far :o
but Caro is great I'd love this to happen

Golovinjured.
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Caro TOP 3 as of right now! :eek:

Noctis
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:31 AM
omg :help:

PlayByPlay
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:41 AM
There is a great possibility she could, indeed. If she stays on the right path and not falter.

tonybotz
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:22 AM
woo hoo = love the WOZ!

Uranium
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Wozniacki in the top 3 and Stosur in the top 10, what has the world come to?:sobbing:

2moretogo
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Wozniacki in the top 3 and Stosur in the top 10, what has the world come to?:sobbing:

you know? I feel like if you don't have a major you have to at least have big title in the past year. (prove me wrong CARO fans :lol:.)

silverwhite
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:33 AM

Both almost beat Serena at Sydney last year :lol:

Roookie
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:03 AM
What are the scenarios now for Caro reaching number two?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Top 3 doing any shit

3 MM titles , fluke GS Final and that is all

PLP
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Come on Caro!!!
:hearts:

honigschlecker
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:09 AM
This topic would become REALLY interesting if Caroline beats VW... :)

Cakeisgood
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:19 AM
She had an awesome season last year, and if she wins this AO, it will be fully deserved.

The Witch-king
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:43 AM
:help:

The Witch-king
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Both almost beat Serena at Sydney last year :lol:
is Sydney a slam

fyi so did Rezai of all people :haha:

silverwhite
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:22 PM
is Sydney a slam

fyi so did Rezai of all people :haha:

Did I say that it was? :weirdo:

I'm not saying that it necessarily means anything. Just saying that it's interesting to look back in hindsight.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 24th, 2010, 02:31 PM

To be fair, we once had Tauziat with three top-10 wins and one slam quarterfinal in the top-3 and titleless Kournikova with horrible slam results and something like 2-15 record vs top-tenners in the top-10.
Shit happens.

MaBaker
Jan 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
:vomit:

kman
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Top 3 doing any shit

3 MM titles , fluke GS Final and that is all

You forgot beating Azarenka and Zvonareva at her first YEC despite being hampered by injuries.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:58 PM
You forgot beating Azarenka and Zvonareva at her first YEC despite being hampered by injuries.

So impressive :eek:

Credit for beating an injured Zvonareva

iGOAT
Jan 24th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Eastbourne and New Haven are Mickey Mouse titles now :haha::cuckoo:?

Somehow who won two premier titles, made the finals of another one, and a mandatory event final plus the YEC semifinals who has made the past two major finals (She has to do that here to get it right?) is very worthy of number one. It's more worthy than several past ones.

Svetame
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Its senses :)

Jorn
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Caro will need to beat Na Li, Venus, Serena and likely Henin in a row to be No 1. Unlikely she can do that.
May stay at No. 4 or even drop to No. 5, even I hope she can reach No. 3!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:27 PM

Somehow who won two premier titles, made the finals of another one, and a mandatory event final plus the YEC semifinals who has made the past two major finals (She has to do that here to get it right?) is very worthy of number one. It's more worthy than several past ones.

Good enough for a 7-8 ranking in a non-clown era

Well , in a non-clown era Wozniacki would have never reached a Grand Slam Final to begin with

donniedarkofan
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Kournikova with horrible slam results and something like 2-15 record vs top-tenners in the top-10.
Shit happens.

Actually it was 4-14 in 2000:worship:
and something aroun7-14 in 1998:drool:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Actually it was 4-14 in 2000:worship:

Well, at least that's better than Dokic-2001 (3-16, IIRC) and Venus-2004 (0-7). Though really results-wise Kournikova-2000 was the weakest top-tenner of 1990/2000s.

and something aroun7-14 in 1998:drool:

She was 9-11 when she broke into the top-10 in June 1998.

Cosmologist
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:41 PM

They aren't, but they are just a week before GS's and all the top players try to focus on GS's.

new-york
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Caro will need to beat Na Li, Venus, Serena and likely Henin in a row to be No 1. Unlikely she can do that.
May stay at No. 4 or even drop to No. 5, even I hope she can reach No. 3!

If she did that to win her first GS, the world would have to shut up and bow down.