PDA

View Full Version : Safina joins Brisbane field

Привет
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:53 AM
There are surely articles out there somewhere, I just read it on the Brisbane International's facebook page. :lol:

Not the top 10 I was hoping for, but there's only really one top tenner I'd really want to come to Brisbane, and I already knew she wasn't, so :shrug:. :lol:

Also, if Safina has to decide to not play the AO, Brisbane will lose the no. 2 player from it's field, which would suck a lot for the tourney.

Noctis
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:56 AM
She's gunna withdraw

Привет
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
In case there are those who are picky and won't believe it without some proof. :p

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/News.aspx?id=4&pageId=11478&HandlerId=2&archive=false&newsid=6360

Safina joins Brisbane line-up
Email to a friend Print this article
Brisbane, 30 October 2009
Tennis Australia
Dinara Safina will begin her 2010 campaign in Brisbane.
Dinara Safina will begin her 2010 campaign in Brisbane.
Getty Images

Dinara Safina is the latest player to join the Brisbane international line-up in January.

Brisbane International Tournament Director Steve Ayles said he was happy to confirm the No.1’s appearance in Brisbane despite her recent injury.

“Safina will be the fourth No.1 to be named for the Brisbane International women’s draw in 2010," Ayles said.

“She joins Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters and Ana Ivanovic in a very strong and competitive women’s field.

“We have been in negotiations with Safina for some time and it is just a shame that when we are ready to announce her attendance she suffers an injury in Doha.

“Safina is a fighter and I know she is really looking forward to returning to Queensland.

“I have no doubt she will be here in January and I cannot wait to see all the action this summer. Safina will be a strong addition to the women’s draw.”

The 23-year-old Russian said she was excited to be returning to Queensland in 2010 and to play in the Brisbane International for the first time.

“After playing on the Gold Coast from 2004 to 2008, I am pleased to return to Queensland to play in Brisbane and I am looking forward to seeing the new facilities,” Safina said.

“The Brisbane International will be the perfect tournament to get some tough match practice in the lead up to the Australian Open as well as give me the opportunity to see all that Brisbane has to offer over the summer.

“I hope to repeat my performance from the Gold Coast in 2007, where I beat Martina Hingis, and take out my second Australian women’s singles title in Queensland.

“I am looking forward to the challenge and I cannot wait to get there.”

Safina, who was seeded No.1 at the season ending Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha, suffered an injury to her back in her first round match against Jelena Jankovic.

As a result she has just miss out on the year-end No.1 rankings honour which will go to Serena Williams for the first time since her only previous No.1 finish in 2002.

Throughout her career, Safina has won 12 career titles and has been a finalist on 12 other occasions including three Grand Slams, at the French Open in 2008 and 2009 and the Australian Open in 2009.

In 2009 Safina became No.1 in the world for the first time on the 20 April, making her and her brother, Marat Safin, the first brother-sister combo to achieve the No.1 ranking. She has also had a win-loss record of 55-15 year to date for 2009 (as of 26 October 2009).

Brisbane International 2010 series packages and single sessions are on sale now. Ground passes remain $9.90 with the qualifying event on Friday 1–2 January 2010 remaining free.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketek.com.au or 1300 888 104.

Harvs
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:00 AM
god, this field is amazing..

SAISAI-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:09 AM
she will probably withdraw or lose 1R :shrug: :help:

tennisforadults
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Safina has got 2 months to recover and get her body ready for Brisbane - for the sake of the tournament and AO, I hope she does!

Привет
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:38 AM
she will probably withdraw or lose 1R unless she draws Li Na :shrug: :help:

Yeah, you're right. :worship:

RenaSlam.
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:01 AM
She'll pull out for sure. Stupid decision to enter.

SAISAI-GOAT
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Yeah, you're right. :worship:

:spit:

Li Na not play Brisbane Mini Mouse
Li Na play Auckland Mini Mouse :wavey:

ZODIAC
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
She should take an extended break from tennis and heal otherwise she will ruin her career...po thang

vanúss
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:19 PM
The decision was clearly made before the YEC episode so i guess she'll withdraw . At least i hope so , it would be too soon IMO but it all depends on her recovery so :shrug:

thrust
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I think Dinara's injury is really not as bad as being reported. If so, it made no sense for her to even attempt to play the YEC. I think her problem is primarily mental and she needs some time and practice to get her game back. Whatever, I wish her well.

monlong2004
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Nowgoal.com, devotes to be the most professional sports information website, and strive for providing the fastest and the most accurate real-time score, odds comparisons, data statistics and online live match.
Invite you to use our services. (We are sincerely inviting you to use our services/ information)
www.nowgoal.com/25.shtml