PDA

View Full Version : Craziest tennis dad?

Ferg
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Looks like we have a new contender recently with the emergence of Dadday Wozniacki. Dokic and Pierce seemed atright down psychotic, while Yuri and Piotr seem to want success a bit too much. Walter is a bit mad but hes generally harmless.

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I don't know why everybody say that Piotr is crazy. He looks really composed and not nervous at all.

sammy01
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
jim pierce, best tennis dad krajoli seles

Golovinjured.
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
If Wozniacki and Bartoli are in the poll, Radwanski should be.

I voted Damir, but Evgenia Linetskaya's dad was a **** too.

John.
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Damir Dokic & Jim Pierce hands down.

The other 3, as crazy as they can be at times, are nowhere near as bad as those 2

Ferg
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
If Wozniacki and Bartoli are in the poll, Radwanski should be.

Forgot about him. :tape:

lilimi
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
dokic :o :help:
sharapov second :o :help:
i was too young to know if mary's father was evil or not.

Julian.
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Damir Dokic. He is the only one who ruined her daughter career.

sammy01
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Damir Dokic. He is the only one who ruined her daughter career.

you need to read up on jim pierce ;)

from wiki;

During her first few years on the tour, Pierce was known for the behavior of her father, more so than her performances on court. Jim Pierce, who also coached Mary, often shouted abuse at her opponents during matches. On one occasion when he was sitting in the stands, he notoriously screamed, "Mary, kill the --inapropriate word--" He was also reportedly often verbally and physically abusive to Mary during practice sessions and after defeats. Jim was ejected from the French Open in 1993 after he punched a spectator, following which he was banned from all Women's Tennis Association (WTA) Tour events until 1998. The incident also prompted the WTA to pass a new rule (commonly referred to as the "Jim Pierce Rule") which prohibits abusive conduct on the part of players, coaches, and relatives. Mary dropped her father as her coach in 1993 and took out a restraining order against him. A few weeks later, he got into a fight with her bodyguard at a hotel where she was staying. He then sued her claiming that he had been promised 25% of her earnings as a tennis player, and she paid him US$500,000 to drop the suit and to leave her alone. She withdrew from the Wimbledon tournament in 1994 after a British tabloid newspaper threatened to smuggle her father into the grounds.

nevetssllim
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Piotr Wozniacki is making some real inroads into the rankings but nevertheless, Dokic, Lucic, Pierce and Linetskaya's fathers are a class apart from the cases I'm aware of.

Walter Bartoli is just a bit crazy - but in more of a strange and eccentric way.

Julian.
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM

from wiki;

During her first few years on the tour, Pierce was known for the behavior of her father, more so than her performances on court. Jim Pierce, who also coached Mary, often shouted abuse at her opponents during matches. On one occasion when he was sitting in the stands, he notoriously screamed, "Mary, kill the --inapropriate word--" He was also reportedly often verbally and physically abusive to Mary during practice sessions and after defeats. Jim was ejected from the French Open in 1993 after he punched a spectator, following which he was banned from all Women's Tennis Association (WTA) Tour events until 1998. The incident also prompted the WTA to pass a new rule (commonly referred to as the "Jim Pierce Rule") which prohibits abusive conduct on the part of players, coaches, and relatives. Mary dropped her father as her coach in 1993 and took out a restraining order against him. A few weeks later, he got into a fight with her bodyguard at a hotel where she was staying. He then sued her claiming that he had been promised 25% of her earnings as a tennis player, and she paid him US$500,000 to drop the suit and to leave her alone. She withdrew from the Wimbledon tournament in 1994 after a British tabloid newspaper threatened to smuggle her father into the grounds.

Yeah, but nobody came close to what Damir did to Jelena's career I think. :tape:

Julian.
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Btw, why the hell is Yuri even in discussion here? :unsure:

Uranium
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
The Crazy ass bastard Damir.
Followed by Jim, Yuri and then Wozniacki.

TheAllan
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
There is nothing wrong with Walter Bartoli, Yuri Sharapov, and Piotr Wozniacki. They don't belong in this company.

Aaric
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Where is Aga´s

Mastodon
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Damir Dokic. no one else comes even close to his brand of crazy I'm mean the guy is currently in jail for threatening to blow someone up.

Izzie.
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:08 PM
People should not be comparing Bartoli, Sharapov, and Wozniacki to the other men.

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with Walter Bartoli, Yuri Sharapov, and Piotr Wozniacki. They don't belong in this company.
Totally. They strike more as dads who would do everything for their daughters.

BartoliBabes
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Lucic's dad was the worst

he once beat her with his belt in the bath

olivero
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:18 PM
This ricidulous to put Bartoli, Sharapov and Wozniacki together with Dokic and Pierce :weirdo: and why the hell do you suggest that Radwański should also be here? :weirdo:

Mashabator
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Definately Dokic! :sobbing:

égalité
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Marinko Lucic and Damir Dokic are GOATs of crazy tennis dads. Piotr Wozniacki is just a pusher who's taking advantage of a weak era. :help:

The Dawntreader
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Didn't the WTA name an official rule after Jim Pierce?

Dokic though is the ultimate danger for any young woman on tour.

VIKA?
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Piotr by far.

Sund7101
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Jim Pierce and Damir Dokic, both kicked out of WTA tournaments for substantial amounts of time.

Nina.
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
People should not be comparing Bartoli, Sharapov, and Wozniacki to the other men.

This. They also did/do questionable things but it's definitely not on the same level with Dokic and Pierce.

HRHoliviasmith
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:16 AM

i agree.

Elisse
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:18 AM
There's a lot of crazy Tennis dads :help:

I know Jim Pierce was very bad with Mary, but I don't really know all of what happened with that, so i haven't voted for him because I don't know the story.

My vote goes to Damir Dokic...a complete manic - and he's pretty much ruined his daughter's life.....only need to look at her...she just looks so sad the whole time and looks like she has the troubles of the world on her shoulders.

Next up....Yuri Sharapov....he seems to have a 'unhealthy' obsession with this own daughter :o

Walter Bartoli....he's definiately a bit strange....and he also seems to be obsessed with his daughter. At Eastbourne this year everytime I saw them walking along together Walter was constantly gripping Marion's arm so tightly...it was a bit creepy :help:

Rollo
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:30 AM
One candidate from far ago would be the dad of Claudia Cassbianca. She was a promosing junior from Argentina in the late 70s. Her father once came out on the court during a match and slapped her in the face.

Ferg
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Well people are still voting for them so seemingly they think so.

Uranium
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:40 AM
One candidate from far ago would be the dad of Claudia Cassbianca. She was a promosing junior from Argentina in the late 70s. Her father once came out on the court during a match and slapped her in the face.

Interesting info as usual from you, Rollo:yeah:

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Hmmm, they are not the baddest apples in the barrel but honourable mentions to:

Stefano Capriati
Peter Graf
Melanie Molitor
Samantha Stevenson

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Clearly me.

My son will back me up on this. As will any perusal of all my posts on Lena's bangs.

Sammm
Oct 30th, 2009, 08:52 AM

from wiki;

THIS I did not know about. Poor, poor Mary :hug:

Beat
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Damir Dokic & Jim Pierce hands down.

The other 3, as crazy as they can be at times, are nowhere near as bad as those 2

this. especially in the case of dokic.

~Eclipsed~
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:56 AM

from wiki;

Wow. I heard that her father was crazy, but never knew the details. In that case, none of the other dads hold a candle to Damir or Jim. :tape:

Sombrerero loco
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:21 PM
damir dokic, obviously...
but...where is richard?

Hurley
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Anyone who picked Wozniacki over Pierce or Dokic should be banned.