PDA

View Full Version : DOHA WHITE GRP: Caroline Wozniacki def. Vera Zvonareva 6-0 6-7 6-4

Pages : [1] 2

kman
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Sheer Willpower :worship:

Anyone saying she was faking when you could clearly see her spasm and tears were streaming down her face should be ashamed of themselves. She has lost a hundred matches and even finals, hell a grandslam final, without crying. She's not crying like this unless something is wrong.

With that said, the quality of the match sucked, but Vera played like crap in the first set and I think Caroline never found her rhytmm. Still, I fucking wish she had won after 2 sets being up 6-0 5-2 so she could've have prevented aggravating that injury.

Feyd
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
:weirdo: :confused: :cuckoo: :shrug:

DragonFlame
Wtf!!! WHAT CLASS!!!!!!!!!!! That girl! :worship: Just sick, she plays great when she's injured. :lol: Attacking tennis to the max.

Damn such heart, that victory was amazing. :D She deserves this, very happy for her!

Ferg
Go retire Bepa.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Wow what a fake display from caro :lol: She was moving well even after the cramps, and serving first serves.

Keegan
I'm now a fan of Caroline Wozniacki. That girl has guts and so much determination. The best thing to happen to the WTA for a long time.

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:05 PM
HOLY SH!T!! This girl is gonna be finished by the time she turns 21 when she continues to gamble with her health like that!!!

But what a fighting spirit she has:speakles:

is1531
Vera is just a colossal bore to watch.

Patrick345
Poor Azarenka. Wozniacki will withdraw from her last group match, then be a springchicken in the semfinal. :lol::lol:

Hashim.
Vera:tape:

Caroline:rolleyes:

MBM
ok i am laughing so hard still from that replay!

John.
That was awful to watch.

And I'm sorry, but her is Father retarded. Yes she got the win, but he was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Not one ounce of concern on his face for his daughter :weirdo:

Dawson.
One of the strangest matches I've ever seen in my life.

Caroline :worship: Say what you want about her game, but you cannot fault her fighting spirit :yeah:

Ksenia.
might tan awful thing to say but it's kinda funny that Caro needs an injury/cramp to start playing offensive tennis

on the other hand great fight from her

and it's kinda weird to see Piotr (sp?) smiling when his daughter is in tears and in pain

mashasabinefan1
i think she is faking honestly. the umpire and bepa werent buying it though

Marcelo.
Poor girl :awww: :sad: Congrats :hug:

Vera :weirdo:

ViennaCalling
What an overdramatic performance :rolleyes: Even worse than Marion at her best :tape:

Vera :help: How could you?

Michael!
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Caroline :rolleyes:
Still able to move, but as soon as the match was over she acted like she couldnt make one step :tape:
Whatever, Vera, that was just :help:, did nothing again, just hit the ball back, you cant win if you play like that :rolleyes:

Julian
Wow must have been some match!

I hope that Caroline's injury is not serious, or fake for that matter lol but props to her for finishing it off after having a HUUGE lead.

And for once, Vera fights back only to lose it again at the end. Sighh I gotta feel for her too

Temperenka
WTF was that? It looked liked I was watching bad acting, but I also knew she was in pain.

What is going to happen in this group?

It doesn't look like she is going to be able to compete with Jelena tomorrow. So now, Jelena might get through to the semis with two walkovers. :taped:

:confused:

Vera :help:

powerbackhand
she is so dramatic... you'd swear she had been shot

madmax
hmm, Caro gained some respect in my eyes today (that's if no unnecessary drama was involved)...

delicatecutter
I didn't see the match. Is she actually injured? :eek:

Just Do It
JJ has a big chance to qualify with two rets :worship:
I seriously think Caroline's injury isn't THAT bad. But hey, nice win :yeah:
Vera was just awful.

LudwigDvorak
Hobbleniacki can still beat Vera. :sobbing:

So overdramatic in that last game at 30-30, but I don't know how she was able to continue fighting through the cramps. I've seen Serena and Elena get treated for it mid game, why not Caroline?

Ballbasher
Wow what a fake display from caro :lol: She was moving well even after the cramps, and serving first serves.
Wooooooooow. I didn't think any hater could come up with this. You could clearly see how she struggled. But her health might be in danger, if she keeps going ! Can she retire after 1 game in the next match and still be in SF?

s_j
She's converted me into a Carofan. What amazing fight...although I must say it seemed a little...how can I say this without offending anyone?... It just seemed a little 'affected'.

But still - not many people would have willed on like that.

Also, Caroline, please let this be a HUGE warning to you that you MUST reduce the amount of tournaments you play next season!

Elwin.
This girl has won me over!
Caro :yeah: What a fighter :sobbing:

Vera :hug:

Wannabeknowitall
Well I'm more worried about Vera right now.
With the way she'll be crying tonite, she might not play tomorrow from cramps as well.

Patrick345

Just goes to show what a weakling Michael Chang was in 1989 with his cramps, and he didn´t have a pulled hamstring on top of it. :lol::lol:

Julian.
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Has she make the semi now?

Dominic
Yeah she was way over the top. She looked possessed, she was scary at times.

TheBoiledEgg
Bepa :cuckoo: :weirdo:

watch WTA say to her you dont have to play tomorrow
so Jankovic will have won her matches
1-1 rtd
0-0 rtd :rolleyes:

Eduardo Oliveira
:eek: :worship:
Caro and Vera :worship: :worship: :worship: :yeah:

matthias
i always have the feeling family wozniacki just want to make as much money in shortes possible time

each other parents would have said "stop, please stop my beloved daguhter" but not piotr or whatever this annoying guy is called

kaktusino
This match was :weirdo::weirdo::smash::help::tape:

But hands down to both players, they are real fighters.

SloKid
Wow, just wow, some of the bitter hate on this board at times...wow. If Wozniacki's leg got cut off people would still be saying she was exaggerating etc.

pov
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Y'know. As I was browsing to this forum I figured that there was going to be at least one poster who brought some pathetic, twisted thinking to what occurred in that match. And there you go. You win the pathetic, twisted thought of the day award. Congrats.

sammy01
oh the wta :help:

caro did well to go through the cramps, but vera is a total idiot she gave the last two games to a cramping opponent.

btw if caro retires in her next match is she allowed to play the semis?

Wannabeknowitall
she is so dramatic... you'd swear she had been shot

Well that's why she got the delay of game warming.
At first when she fell on the ground, I didn't know if it was the cramps or if she was having an amazing orgasm.
The angle shot of her cooch while she was spasming, didn't help things. :tape:

Wawrinka's ass.

TheBoiledEgg
Wow, just wow, some of the bitter hate on this board at times...wow. If Wozniacki's leg got cut off people would still be saying she was exaggerating etc.

she was

when a footballer of track athlete get hamstring prob, you know they'll be out for weeks

tenn_ace
ewww Wozniacki won

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Vera had 6 match points against Flavia.
Led Marion 63 51
Now she has game point for 5-5, and Caro is in pain.

Vera is not a good finisher

Caro is a mess. Vera is out. JJ played terrible. Vika will probably beat Vera but JJ might get another walkover

This is a very weak group. Round robin doesn't work, but letting healthy players against these worn out cripples won't be good either.

Rumkin
ok i am laughing so hard still from that replay!

I thought she was just joking or overreacting because she missed that ball :tape: :lol:

But it did looked rather painful. Why does she play so many matches anyway :o

Elenarulez
Vera came out to destroy Wozniackis chances of winning this title ... in this shape she won't win another match :(

Adrian.
How stupid Vera is, really:weirdo:
She was just hitting back instead of making any attack or drop-shot or sth. like that:shurg::o
OMG, she is reaaaaaally stupid:haha::tape:

Drimal
Insane match - nose bleeding from Vera, than cramps from Caroline at the end :scared:

What a fight - especially from Caroline through this pain! :worship:

nevetssllim
Vera :weirdo: :help:

Patrick345
Yeah she was way over the top. She looked possessed, she was scary at times.

She looked like she had a stroke, or epileptic seizure not a cramp and you know she´ll be fine for the semifinal.:lol::lol:

Apoleb
Are people here that retarded? Why would she go that far in her "acting" to even act out a spasm? She's trying to win a match here and not an Oscar. :lol:

That was brilliant. It would've been a shame if the crazy one beat the fighter. She can play aggressive tennis.

TheBoiledEgg
btw if caro retires in her next match is she allowed to play the semis?

she shouldnt be but WTA have stupid rules

RND
Welcome to the first line of my sig, Caro. :sobbing: :worship:

Ksenia.
Oh come on people, get some class.
I'm not a fan of Caro but it was obvious that she was in pain and some people here are acting as if they know exactly how she felt.

saul1333
Good fight from both :yeah:

If Caro was really injured:hug: but she was moving fine:shrug:

:haha: My video stopped with Caro at the net after the match, her expression was priceless.

mickymouse
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Strangely, Vera didn't even try to move Caro around much after her cramps. She was just hitting the ball back to her. Was she just being nice or she was thrown off by what happened?

Miss Atomic Bomb
she was

when a footballer of track athlete get hamstring prob, you know they'll be out for weeks

Exactly, people think its easy to play through a hamstring strain? It didn't look real, especially the way she was stepping in to hit her shots and serving first serves.

fouc
:lol: :weirdo: at people changed into Carofans after this :spit:

I know she was in pain, but that fall :tape: Talking bout an epic fall :tape:

Get well for SF, Caro!

Vaidisova Ruled
I start to really like Caro. She is a big fighter. And she is not just a pusher. She deserves to be world #4

Oh, and Vera too. That was a crazy match. When she was bleeding, I was really surprised that she kept on playing.

Alex03Maccy
Caro has turned me from a hater into a liker just in that match. such guts to come through, a future champion for sure. WTA :worship:

vadin124
Wow what kind of moron would you need to be to think she was faking it?

You'd have to be blind, seriously....

Clearly she was in absolute agony...getting cramps is the worst pain ever, and you could see she was writhing around in pain...her tears, you CANNOT fake that.

I'm now a Caro fan!

Such heart, such a fighter...you can play great attacking tennis when you're injured, imagine if you're fully fit! :hearts::hearts:

duhcity
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
It doesn't help that it was just cramps. Yes cramps are painful, but recreational players play through cramps, and it's expected that they can work through it.

Pain Genuine, Drama Fake.
And Caro's father? My god, he may not be as vocal as Pierce or Dokic, but the way he fully dominates his daughter without concern..

ElusiveChanteuse
OMG! Certainly the most dramatic match ever!:haha:

Caro was cruising 6-0, 5-2 with Bepa looking sure to give up. Then Bepa had nose bleeding around that time but somehow she managed to save one match point and even won the TB somehow.:haha: Bepa was down once more, Caro was leading a break up but she started to have cramps and Bepa took advantage. Caro then broke to serve the match 5-4 and her cramps aggravated 2 points from winning. She eventually pulled it off at the end.:haha: :worship:

Bepa :rolleyes: She should shoot herself seriously. :shrug: That's a total crap from her even she won the second set.:o

Adrian.
Exactly, people think its easy to play through an hamstring strain? It looked weird, especially the way she was stepping in to hit her shots and servign first serves.

:yeah::haha::yeah:

M.P
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
i LOVE both~ i really want Vera to win
but how can u cry like that, pain like that their parents still convince her to play so much ,they are crazy!
hope Vera win tomorrow??

WTAMaster
i think she is faking honestly. the umpire and bepa werent buying it though

100 percent she faked it after netting an easy shot for possible 40-15 and 2 matchpoints but people will call her a legend for this now . :wavey:

RenaSlam.
WTA = Joke.

Patrick345
she was

Exactly, they pull up or get substituted immediately, they don´t stop and go for another six hours on back to back matches and push off that leg.

And at 5-4 30-30 to me it looked more like a stroke or epileptic seizure not a cramp.

BuTtErFrEnA
:weirdo: some of you....anyone ever heard of adrenaline??? go look it up

you could actually see the muscle in her leg spasm that one point and i think it came from doing that unnecessary turn when she was upset she missed the sitter...she may have been fine, but two 3 hour matches back to back would worsen even the slightest leg injury...

well done caro...:)

Marionated
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Great pushing in the third set Vera :o This match sums up thewta: lots of drama, awful quality. The first set from Vera was the worst I've ever seen her play :o

Elenarulez
Carolines parents are jokes.

Jakub
well done Karolina :)

Sexysova
I would never say it was fake, how can she fake this and why didn't she do it before? it's bull shit, she could do it against Azarenka as well, when she was lossing.. I can't believe even any hater can say it :help: get some class, people :o

congrats Caro, awesome, I didn't believe you can win, I'm so happy for you! :inlove: :hug:

MagicMilan
A joke of a group :o

Mikey.
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Well that's why she got the delay of game warming.
At first when she fell on the ground, I didn't know if it was the cramps or if she was having an amazing orgasm.
The angle shot of her cooch while she was spasming, didn't help things. :tape:

Wawrinka's ass.

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Well done Caro I guess :lol: I'll be interested to see what she does when it comes time to play JJ.

Vera :unsure: What the hell happened? :tape:

Iceland
What a headcase Vera is :lol: but I grant her that it's terribly hard to play against someone in pain. She tried to exhaust Caroline as much as she could, shame she kept playing one step behind the baseline :tape:. Couldn't retrieve the serve either...
As regards Caroline, after having criticized her so much, I have enjoyed her two matches. Loved the attitude, this way of holding her nerves at the crucial times (except in the 2nd set today :x). She has been way more aggressive & the serve is working well. Big congrats to her!
The fact of finishing the year in such state of physical distress may convince her to change : 1/ her schedule ; 2/ her over-defensive style.

This YEC provides actually interesting matches/dramas.

Wannabeknowitall
Vera came out to destroy Wozniackis chances of winning this title ... in this shape she won't win another match :(

Well we know how Wozniacki is.
She'll oscar her way to a win.

I like how Radwanska is just watching the matches having the time of her life in the front seats. :lol:
She seems to enjoy watching the drama, Caroline's cramps, Vera's bleeding, Safina's back.

I wonder if she's thinking, well I can make a run at the Aussie with the ways things are going.

Wawrinka's ass.

kman
Seriously...

When did Wozniacki camp say it was a pulled hamstring?

I think some Danish person here translated one of the Danish articles that said "upper thigh injury"...

Anyway, aren't there varying severities? There's difference between a pulled hamstring (severe) and hamstring strain (less severe) right? So what is it that people don't get?

Caroline also said yesterday that she felt it was getting better and that she was optimistic she would be ready for this match.

Svetame
RESPECT :worship:

Caro has a new fan, that was unreal from her, had me in tears myself just watching!

Dodoboy.
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Oh dear!

Caro! You HAVE ME!!!! TAke me! :crying2:

Oh dear, i can't i just cant!

WOW! WOW WOW! Physically, mentally, she just has it! Oh dear!

WELL DONE!

freeyourstyle
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
just A M A Z I N G what wozniacki did ...
with 19 having the power to fight with that pain ..
respect

C. W. Fields
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM

You really should remove an "e" from your name.

Lulu.
This match made my dislike for Wozniacki go up a couple more notches. :rolleyes:

Petkorazzi
Some of the comments in this thread just make me really mad.
Congrats to GM for reaching the all time low. Step to this. :worship:

bavaria86
The reaction of Carolines family was just disgusting:weirdo::weirdo:

Wannabeknowitall
You know what.
Now that I think about it.
Wozniacki was probably doing the Danish stanky leg. :lol:

sooll.x
i was scary for Caro. hope that she can play in next matches..
if she doesn´t play against jankovic, she will be in semis?

Meteor Shower
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I don't think the cramping was so painful as she put it to be.. but most other players would probably overreact the same, so..

Still, great fighting spirit to fight through the cramps :worship:

bjurra
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Faking it my ass...

Having said that, Vera should change sports. Maybe a team sport would suit her better.

C. W. Fields
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Poor Azarenka. Wozniacki will withdraw from her last group match, then be a springchicken in the semfinal. :lol::lol:

Caro can't withdraw. If she loses 0-2 to Jankovic and Azarenka beats Zvonareva all three of them have 2 victories and Caro will finish third on the sets rule.

Ferg
Carolines parents are jokes.

Be fair now, her mother looked very concerned, she was nearly in tears herself. Her father obviously just wanted her to win, he didnt look concerned at all after the match was over.

sammy01
her dad is :help:

he made me feel ill at the end

MBM
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I thought she was just joking or overreacting because she missed that ball :tape: :lol:

But it did looked rather painful. Why does she play so many matches anyway :o

i thought that at first and that is why is was originally laughing, but then i realised she was in pain and felt bad, but then they showed the replay again and i could help laughing...

-jenks-

It's called adrenaline

pov
she was

Ah. It's great that no one at the match would know such details. :haha: Having done both track and football competitively , I can tell you that there is no such thing as a "hamstring prob" There are various hamstring problems It can be a cramp, a pull, a strain or even a tear. A cramped hamstring hurts like hell, sometimes even worse than a pull but there is often almost full recovery with a few hours rest.

Way too many opinionated idjits on this board.

colt13
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Wasn't a great match, but one of the most dramatic matches of the year. Cramps, nosebleeds, timeouts, heat break, and a 2nd set tiebreak.

I don't know what the rules are, but my theory is that if allowed, Venus would pull out of singles if she has no chance at the semis to save herself for doubles. Which would mean no subs left of Wozniacki.

harloo
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
DEAD @ Caro acting like she had a brush with death after the end of the match. I'm sorry but for some reason I'm not buying it. :help::haha:

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Faking it my ass...

Having said that, Vera should change sports. Maybe a team sport would suit her better.

I don't know about that.
Delonte West of the Cavs can't play right now because he's bipolar.
With the way she acts on the court at times, I don't know if a physician or psychologist would let her play on a real team with her unstable tendencies.

I still love her but she can be a bit on the depressing side.

Wawrinka's ass.

Illusionist
If Caro loses tomorrow, even 2-1, she's out. So I don't see why this effort was necessary.

BuTtErFrEnA
It's called adrenaline

at least someone else knows about it :o

Just Do It
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM
If Caro loses tomorrow, even 2-1, she's out. So I don't see why this effort was necessary.

Only if Azarenka beats Vera.

!Gio!
What type of match was this, Vera was bleeding in the second set from her nose like crazy, falling all over the court and seemed to be very injured herself but she pulled it together and found a way back into the match twice only to lose it in the end. And Caro I am sure she was hurting but at times I just thought it was way over dramatic, at one point she fell on the floor and started to shake it was like watching the Exorcist, if she was really in that much pain than how the hell did she get up and scramble for those last points, how did she serve. I am not denying she wasn't in pain but so was Vera and I didn't see her rolling around and what is wrong with the parents, their daughter was crying and he was laughing and clapping, the guy is like fucki.. Caligula!!! This match was just plain weird and Vera had it in her hands and lost it. As for Caro she did a nice job fighting trough the pain but next time don't be this over dramatic, it only ends up hurting your game as well as your opponents'.

As for her father, he is on my black list, first he was laughing and smiling while Vera was bleeding and than did the same with his own daughter, the guy is disgusting both inside and out, it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

tennisfreak15150

:rolls:
I think I even heard Lynn Welsh whispering: "I'll have what she's having." :tape:

Patrick345
Caro can't withdraw. If she loses 0-2 to Jankovic and Azarenka beats Zvonareva all three of them have 2 victories and Caro will finish third on the sets rule.

You are correct, she probably didn´t think about that. Now she has to play at 100% tomorrow and act in another few dramatic injury timeouts. :lol:

I have to figure out whether she can afford a 1-2 sets loss, because then I´ll have to go all-in on Jankovic after the first set and expect Wozniackis retirement.

Dennis^^
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
She isn't injured I think, she just had huge cramps! I love her, what a fighter!

BuTtErFrEnA

because bepa can win and she'd still be in?? she's not out yet so the effort was necessary :rolleyes:

donniedarkofan
That was awful to watch.

And I'm sorry, but her is Father retarded. Yes she got the win, but he was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Not one ounce of concern on his face for his daughter :weirdo:

Yes, he is in fact a fool. She was crying and all he's done was saying - "you can do it"...i mean, if it was me i would be running to her and trying to get her out of the court...however, these were cramps. NO BIG DEAL.

Plus some of you are really idiots...She was NOT FAKIN IT, she was not overreacting, she WAS in pain, huge pain. Cramps are very painfull, especially when they are caused by exhaustion. You're all drama queens yourself, just look at the recent posts made all over these boards.

You got to keep in mind, that while cramps are very painfull, they're still not that serious and stops when certain things are delivered to athlete's body plus of course some good massage. That's why she didn't quit, she knew she'll live.

Break My Rapture
Congrats. The cramps at the end were hilarious :haha: Sorry :shrug:

Without
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I can't believe Caro converted some of her haters into her fans with this show.
I liked her a lot recently. Now it's quite the opposite. Terrible fake fall at 30-30. I'm not saying her injury isn't real but... please. Guys just watch the replay.
And those tears in the end from her while her father was grinning. He is as evil as it may be

!Gio!
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
It's called adrenaline
or being over dramatic and having Caligula as your father.:p

VishaalMaria
I just don't see how she could have played tennis if her injury was that bad? I'm talking about deep into the third set where she fell, spasmed, and then got back up again crying, moving around the court hitting the ball.....

Conor
That was a complete over reaction. She could still run during the points and then as soon as she won she couldnt even walk without limping?? Yeah whatever Caro lol

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Well done Caro, defeating that annoying Zvonareva :worship: Have some solid rest now :hug:

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I can't believe Caro converted some of her haters into her fans with this show.
I liked her a lot recently. Now it's quite the opposite. Terrible fake fall at 30-30. I'm not saying her injury isn't real but... please. Guys just watch the replay.
And those tears in the end from her while her father was grinning. He is as evil as it may be

please just shut up. Did you ever had cramps? Do you know how painfull it is? Go away and s.ck a f.uck!

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
That was a complete over reaction. She could still run during the points and then as soon as she won she couldnt even walk without limping?? Yeah whatever Caro lol

yes, here we go with another ignorant idiot. She could do it, someone said it- the adrenaline worked.

M-K
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Ridiculous.
However, Im glad the world finally gets to see the real Piotr Wozniacki.
Sick, sick, sick.

ralfreinecke
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
That was awful to watch.

I guess

My appreciation for Caroline - her father??????????

I have seen similiar at Luxembourg
http://sports.webshots.com/album/575259766exKJmH

Brena
Woz Woz :rolleyes: Is your last name Janković?
Veraaaa :hysteric::hysteric: Why did you fall for it? :sad:

!Gio!
Yes, he is in fact a fool. She was crying and all he's done was saying - "you can do it"...i mean, if it was me i would be running to her and trying to get her out of the court...however, these were cramps. NO BIG DEAL.

Plus some of you are really idiots...She was NOT FAKIN IT, she was not overreacting, she WAS in pain, huge pain. Cramps are very painfull, especially when they are caused by exhaustion. You're all drama queens yourself, just look at the recent posts made all over these boards.

You got to keep in mind, that while cramps are very painfull, they're still not that serious and stops when certain things are delivered to athlete's body plus of course some good massage. That's why she didn't quit, she knew she'll live.

umgh I have had cramps before I know what they are and how they feel, I have been an athlete for years:rolleyes: and I am not saying she didn't have pain but come on fan or no fan she was being way over the top!!! It was like Sharon Stone in basic instinct 2, she was over acting.

Anyway she did a good job to pull trough the pain and win despite having a douche bag for a father.

Iceland
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Why would she fall on the floor then? She felt the need to clean the court with her dress? :weirdo:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
i wonder what's the criteria for faking....once i don't like you you're faking?

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
umgh I have had cramps before I know what they are and how they feel, I have been an athlete for years:rolleyes: and I am not saying she didn't have pain but come on fan or no fan she was being way over the top!!! It was like Sharon Stone in basic instinct 2, she was over acting.

Anyway she did a good job to pull trough the pain and win despite having a douche bag for a father.

Yeah, i completely agree on Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct 2;)

She's a young woman though. For god's sake. Just cut the girl some slack.It was her first experience like this. Huge cramps can make adult men cry and yell out of his mind, so i'm not really surprised by her reaction. I've had many cramps on tennis court, i cried, i retired and i continued, but the pain in all my cases was huge. I can't agree on her overreacting,these boards like drama so i understand your way of thinking.

sammy01
Why would she fall on the floor then? She felt the need to clean the court with her dress? :weirdo:

it does look like the skirt part was made out of old rags :tape:

Igor_Biscan
An injury ie cramps can be highly painful without affecting your movement that much.

Piotr is a total arsehole though

kman
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Ever heard of endorphins?

If the brain registers intense pain and senses you're in a situation of danger or some other serious situation that you need to get out of, the brain will release endorphins that temporarily stifle the pain and allow you to carry on. However, as soon as the brain senses that you're in a safe spot, it will begin to register the pain again.

There was a documentary on Discovery not too long ago about a woman who, during a hike in the moutains, fell 20 feet down on rock so her shin broke and her knee literally exploded. She said that she felt pain right when it happened, but then the pain quickly disappeared and she managed to crawl through the wilderness for many hours until she was found by a medical helicopter. She said as soon as she was put on the stretcher, she suddenly felt the most intense pain of her life and passed out from it. What do you think would have happened if she had passed out from the pain in the middle of the wilderness? The human body is an incredible machine and can overcome the most amazing things if the "will" is there. Sometimes it's the will to survive. Other times it's an intense will to win something as simple as a tennis match.

But really, that's the point of pain. To alert the brain that something is wrong so that the body can internally start trying to minimize damages. The point of endorphins is to temporarily stifle the pain so that you can "get to safety" first.

Add to that the fact that she was completely fired up on adrenaline.

Seriously, some of the people on this board have the intelligence of a brick.

égalité
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:weirdo: at the people who think she was faking.

Amazing fighter :worship: push your way into the semifinals :woohoo:

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Or less...

!Gio!
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
she was not faking, she was in pain, I am almost sure of that but she did over dramatize but she is young and I give her major props for always fighting hard and being somewhat sane with a father like that.
She is definitely no pusher though, I was surprised but the girl does play well.

Slutiana
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
LMFAO. Even if she wasn't faking it, she was still being a massive drama. SMH+KMT.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah, she was totally faking :spit::weirdo:

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM
she was not faking, she was in pain, I am almost sure of that but she did over dramatize but she is young and I give her major props for always fighting hard and being somewhat sane with a father like that.

It seems that we won't agree on that matter. It's a pity, but as you've said-she is young and it's hard to take it like a men...But hey, dudes are also crying when cramps hit them. Well, she was not overreacting and the ones who say the opposite, are living in a drama filled world.

pav
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Well done Caro, defeating that annoying Zvonareva :worship: Have some solid rest now :hug:
That's a joke,when you are a fan of f*ckin Puddingface!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:45 PM
That's a joke,when you are a fan of f*ckin Puddingface!

WTAMaster
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM
KbN8mRu7X68

pav
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Gaze downwards to the pics in thy sig!

kris719
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM

so true.

the real thing is Caro is winning and that drives people around here crazy for some reason.

so well done Caro!

Shinjiro
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
spartan effort
WD Caro :D

Sexysova
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
OyjNYCH8i_w

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Gaze downwards to the pics in thy sig!

Oh you poor soul :hug:

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Caro showed a lot of fight in these 2 matches.
But she's worn out and still hasn't locked up a SF spot.

The round robin doesn't work. Most of these players are worn out.

C. W. Fields
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
The ignorance and sheer cruelty of some people here is really beyong me. Do you actually enjoy thinking and saying cruel things about other people? Don't you realize how much this attitude hurts yourself also?

And all of you who see Caro moving well during the point but being in pain between points as 'evidence' of faking; it's adrenaline and willpower. Haven't you ever been able to surpress pain yourself while you were going full throttle, but as soon as you stopped the pain came back double? It's a common phenomenon.

And we can't even be sure whether her pain had anything to do with her injury or if it was all unrelated cramps. Her injury may not be worse than it was before, so no she didn't suddenly 'magically' overcome her injury.
I hope her pain was 95% cramps and only 5% injury. Then she might be ok for tomorrows match.

ce
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
well done Caroline
Vera you suck

Black Dog
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hmmm... Controversial thread, this one... Look, here's what I think:

It's virtually undeniable that she was in pain. Now, I don't believe that questioning if she overreacted (or not) is relevant. First of all, because she much probably did overreact; and second, because there's nothing wrong with that. It's been quite a year for the girl: she achieved a lot, expectations rise and future matches will become much more nerve-racking due to the need of fullfiling those expectations; she had a controversial withdrawal in Luxembourg which generated a considerable amount of "conspiracy theories"; she is phisically and mentally drained due to an extremely exhausting season; and she's 19 years old and part of an industry that's not properly gentle and merciful.

She crumbled. With more or less drama, more or less overreacting, it doesn't really matter that much. I wonder how many of us over here could withstand such amount of pressure, but then again, everyone is free to have his own interpretation of this "event".

And by the way, I believe it is a bit imprudent to judge her father's character based on five minutes' clips or ten lines' interviews. They've been sharing a life for 19 years and she seems happy with that. That's a much bigger proof than any speculation made over here about how her father is indeed some kind of devilish entity...

kman
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
And all of you who see Caro moving well during the point but being in pain between points as 'evidence' of faking; it's adrenaline and willpower. Haven't you ever been able to surpress pain yourself while you were going full throttle, but as soon as you stopped the pain came back double? It's a common phenomenon.

hehe, just made a long post about it on page 9.

Anyway, there's no point. Haters hate. Caroline keeps proving them wrong.

Haters: Caroline will not make top 10 this year!
- Caroline makes top 4.

Haters: Caroline can't make it past 4th round in a slam!
- Caroline makes US Open final.

Haters: Caroline is a cheater, she should be banned!
- WTA clears Caroline

Haters: Caroline can't hang with the other top 10 players!
- Caroline goes 2-0 at the YEC with thigh injury, bagelling Zvonareva, last year's runner-up, in the process

Step to this, fuckers :lol:

pav
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Oh you poor soul :hug:
One cannot call other players annoying when all the time being besotted with Pudding face Kimmy,please replace those pics asap with assorted sheep images!

C. W. Fields
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Ever heard of endorphins?

If the brain registers intense pain and senses you're in a situation of danger or some other serious situation that you need to get out of, the brain will release endorphins that temporarily stifle the pain and allow you to carry on. However, as soon as the brain senses that you're in a safe spot, it will begin to register the pain again.

There was a documentary on Discovery not too long ago about a woman who, during a hike in the moutains, fell 20 feet down on rock so her shin broke and her knee literally exploded. She said that she felt pain right when it happened, but then the pain quickly disappeared and she managed to crawl through the wilderness for many hours until she was found by a medical helicopter. She said as soon as she was put on the stretcher, she suddenly felt the most intense pain of her life and passed out from it. What do you think would have happened if she had passed out from the pain in the middle of the wilderness? The human body is an incredible machine and can overcome the most amazing things if the "will" is there. Sometimes it's the will to survive. Other times it's an intense will to win something as simple as a tennis match.

But really, that's the point of pain. To alert the brain that something is wrong so that the body can internally start trying to minimize damages. The point of endorphins is to temporarily stifle the pain so that you can "get to safety" first.

Add to that the fact that she was completely fired up on adrenaline.

This. :)

AndreConrad
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats Caroline :yeah:... I am worried if she is not putting a bit too much stress on her young body
Reading this thread... MAN!.... People stop judging others, how do you know how one feels. We have here all knowing audience, we have plenty who know how someone feels, what the future will be... go buy some stock or something :shrug:

pav
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM

- Caroline makes top 4.

- WTA clears Caroline

- Caroline goes 2-0 at the YEC with thigh injury, bagelling Zvonareva, last year's runner-up, in the process

Some points are valid, but the last one remember Zvon. at present is a shadow of herself when she made runner up last year.

kris719
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:05 PM

- Caroline makes top 4.

- WTA clears Caroline

lolz I think Caro has almost as many haters as Williams, Maria etc. now. She's doing something right.

gmak
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Bepa :rolleyes: :(
don't know what to say :shrug:

caro :worship: great fighting
can't see her beating Jankovic though :(

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM
cw.fields...they will find a way to deny that :lol:

PLP
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM
She's converted me into a Carofan. What amazing fight...although I must say it seemed a little...how can I say this without offending anyone?... It just seemed a little 'affected'.

But still - not many people would have willed on like that.

Also, Caroline, please let this be a HUGE warning to you that you MUST reduce the amount of tournaments you play next season!

That's an excellent point. Now that she is a top player she needs to play less. Of course, I doubt at the beginning of the year that she thought she would end the season in the top 4. :drool:

ANyway, Great win Caro!
:bounce:

Gilardino
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
OyjNYCH8i_w

the most awful thing i've ever seen in tennis last some years

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:12 PM
the most awful thing i've ever seen in tennis last some years

nothing campared to what happened to Matsuoka

Boreas
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:13 PM
nothing campared to what happened to Hisamatsu

Hisamatsu? What happened to her?

Steff_forever
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:18 PM
HOLY SH!T!! This girl is gonna be finished by the time she turns 21 when she continues to gamble with her health like that!!!

But what a fighting spirit she has:speakles:
yes, and her parents are total morons to force her going through... :cuckoo:

congrats to Caro :bowdown: but it's still close to a burnout...

Vera, not even blood sweat and tears helped if you just keep the ball in at the end. Mental instability obvious again

pure drama...
hopefully JJ watched it ;)

sunsfuns
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:20 PM
That's an excellent point. Now that she is a top player she needs to play less. Of course, I doubt at the beginning of the year that she thought she would end the season in the top 4. :drool:

She'll be forced to play less next year. Perhaps the only redeeming point to the new WTA rules... :rolleyes:

kman
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
yes, and her parents are total morons to force her going through... :cuckoo:

They're not forcing her. She WANTS to play. There's been examples where her dad has said stop, but she's refused. She's an adult. Her parents can't force her to stop if she wants to play.

I think she'll realize as she gets older that she has to restrict her schedule. Maybe next year...

Alas, the vigor of youth...

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hisamatsu? What happened to her?

i edited it........ should be what it says now
Matsuoka 1995 US Open

Matsuoka and Korda appeared destined for a fourth consecutive tie breaker when the Japanese player, up two sets and a break, fell with a thud and a yelp to the hardcourt after serving the opening point of the 11th game.
That game, and the match, was eventually awarded to Korda after Matsuoka, looking more like a casualty of the boxing ring than the tennis court, was defaulted for failing to get up and get on with match.
"If I bent my leg, I knew the cramp was coming, and then every time I hit the ball it came, and it was scary, but this is the U.S. Open, and I'm winning, and I have to keep going," said the 27-year old Matsuoka, who has spent the last few years fine-tuning his mental toughness only to be nagged this year by chronic cramping.
Due to what Korda later called a rather ruthless rule in the tennis playbook, Matsuoka initially had to be left untouched as he screamed in pain. Since cramping is considered as a loss of conditioning and not an actual injury, the player would have been instantly defaulted if a trainer, or his alarmed opponent, had touched him.
As the fans booed and Korda paced back and forth on his side of the court, Matsuoka lay immobile for two minutes, transforming the Grandstand into a tableau of suffering.
"I knew I was not going to be able to play anymore," said Matsuoka, who was afraid his entire body would be engulfed by cramps if he tried to move.
After it became apparent that Matsuoka was not going to recover, the tournament referee, Brian Early, enacted the 60-second point, game and match default procedure. Then a team of paramedics, and Korda, rushed to assist the fallen player with ice and cold towels and a belated leg massage.
"He was in tremendous pain because he had a big spasm in both legs," said Korda, whose best prior result was a second-round finish in 1990. "Rules is rules, and it's pretty sad that no one can help him," said Korda after the 3-hour-26-minute ordeal.

Martian Jeza
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
They're not forcing her. She WANTS to play. There's been examples where her dad has said stop, but she's refused. She's an adult. Her parents can't force her to stop if she wants to play.

I think she'll realize as she gets older that she has to restrict her schedule. Maybe next year...

I've never seen Piotr asking Caroline to stop playing for some times unless it only comes into the Danish Press and TV.

Conor
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
yes, here we go with another ignorant idiot. She could do it, someone said it- the adrenaline worked.

lol Dont talk shit. She had her little 'spasam' after she missed a sitter of a forehand so she decided she needed to blame the injury for the miss. And of course she had to keep the act up from then onwards. If it was THAT bad she wouldnt have been able to play tennis never mind get off the ground again. Vera was doing the same the whole match... everytime she missed a bad shot she fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes, looking at her ankle. If it was a winner, everything was fine.

heart
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
caro:eek:
that was just :bowdown:
overreacting or not! cramps are really painful!
caro:worship:

kman
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
If it was THAT bad she wouldnt have been able to play tennis never mind get off the ground again.

Read:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=16740975&postcount=124

Then shut up.

As for Vera, she always cries and looks like a sack of potatoes whenever she's losing. I've never seen Caroline cry like this. Even when she lost the US Open final, she didn't cry.

The Untouchable
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:35 PM
KbN8mRu7X68

This is just epic.Pain or not, the way she falls dead is just worthy of an Oscar.I couldn't speak for a minute after that. :worship::worship:

What a lot of people fail to mention is that Caro should have won 6-0 6-0 against a 100% crippled Vera who could barely walk, the way Pironkova did it last week.

Great entertainment and drama at least, I didn't even think to watch Lena-Serena after this.:D

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Seems like I missed one heluva drama. :lol: WD Caro. :hug:

~{X}~
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Go Caroline, everyone is simply a hater and jealous. Go with your fighting spirit! :D

Steff_forever
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Wow what kind of moron would you need to be to think she was faking it?

You'd have to be blind, seriously....

Clearly she was in absolute agony...getting cramps is the worst pain ever, and you could see she was writhing around in pain...her tears, you CANNOT fake that.

I'm now a Caro fan!

Such heart, such a fighter...you can play great attacking tennis when you're injured, imagine if you're fully fit! :hearts::hearts:
:yeah:

any other conclsusion just shows what reactionary die-hards people are who still speak of faking

Andrew Laeddis
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Caro :yeah:

Njay16
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Caro, beautiful win :sad::hearts:

Martian Jeza
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
This is just epic.Pain or not, the way she falls dead is just worthy of an Oscar.I couldn't speak for a minute after that. :worship::worship:

Like you think your answer deserve an oscar, I guess :shrug:

MaBaker
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Disgusting.

Steff_forever
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Piotr pushed her to keep on - for me that is just reckless towards his daughter. He's like Peter Graf...

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
caroline, you are AWESOME

Nikkiri
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Wow I missed this. Poor Caro looks like she was in a lot of pain :hug:
Her fathers reaction kinda disgusts me I get he's happy but he seems to care more about the fact she won then the fact his daughter is in tears.

Burj
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Well, if that was a fake display, then this truly is also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpQSWLDekU&feature=related

The only difference being was that Caroline didn't have her father shrieking out that it's going to rain. PLUS, Serena was able to walk off court straight away whereby Caroline wasn't.

So, please tell me that difference. Oh and also if posters are saying about Caroline's "miraculous" recovery, what about Serena's miraculous recoveries just when a GS is about to start.

What is that saying "people in glass houses should never throw stones"?

How anyone can criticise a player when the player they support does exactly the same and worse, I'll never know.

Martian Jeza
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Her fathers reaction kinda disgusts me I get he's happy but he seems to care more about the fact she won then the fact his daughter is in tears.

moby
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
This is just epic.Pain or not, the way she falls dead is just worthy of an Oscar.I couldn't speak for a minute after that. :worship::worship:That was hilarious. :worship: :haha:
It reminded me of the way that model fell on the catwalk.

ZsHbmuBYzRk

KbN8mRu7X68

She's a great addition to the tour, this Wozniacki, pusher or not, faker or not.

LOL @ JJ possibly advancing to the semi thanks to two injured opponents, despite her own shiteous play.

Princeza
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Lol Vera you're hopeless.

Well done PushPush :whoreship:

Mikey.

IKR! :o At least the mother was crying and looked like she was worried.

A-Bond
This match made my dislike for Wozniacki go up a couple more notches. :rolleyes:

Totally agree. I will never like her and this stupid peformance won't change that. I mean c'mon it's her fault. What does she expect her form to be after playing nearly every Tournament this year? Really, Osaka and Luxembourg were just a joke.

Martian Jeza
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
IKR! :o At least the mother was crying and looked like she was worried.

She's right :shrug:

cellophane
Crampniacki :worship:

MBM
what was caro's code violation for btw? was it for taking too much time or for something else?

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
what was caro's code violation for btw? was it for taking too much time or for something else?

KbN8mRu7X68
Here. Just at the beginning.

BartoliBabes
im not a fan but that was REAL

if u think it was faked u are fucking DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!

WD Caro what a fight!!!!

Mina Vagante
Oh My God !

That was the funniest thing ever... I was seriously laughing... It looke like the worst drama performance ever :tape:

It may have been real, It was just funny.

Mikey.
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM
She's right :shrug:

I was agreeing with her. ;) IKR = I know, right?!

Martian Jeza
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I was agreeing with her. ;) IKR = I know, right?!

Oops, didn't know what it meant :lol: :tape:

Galsen
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Oh dear!

Caro! You HAVE ME!!!! TAke me! :crying2:

Oh dear, i can't i just cant!

WOW! WOW WOW! Physically, mentally, she just has it! Oh dear!

WELL DONE!

this :worship:

Galsen
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:21 PM
how dare can u say it was drama? :(

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
lol Dont talk shit. She had her little 'spasam' after she missed a sitter of a forehand so she decided she needed to blame the injury for the miss. And of course she had to keep the act up from then onwards. If it was THAT bad she wouldnt have been able to play tennis never mind get off the ground again. Vera was doing the same the whole match... everytime she missed a bad shot she fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes, looking at her ankle. If it was a winner, everything was fine.

You know nothing about human's body, competetive sport and acting...

Orbis
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Amazing fight from Wozniacki, she looked like she was in a lot of pain. Cramps always suck because they just surprise you and then cause pretty bad pain in between points.

Richie's
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Almost all the players of White group are injured...

Safina
Wozniacki
Jankovic

I only hope Azarenka will hurt her self tomorrow ...

Blu€
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Caro :clap2::hug: just amazing :), get well though :sad:

thrust
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:44 PM
That was awful to watch.

Her father, I am afraid, is a greedy stupid bastard. She has played way too many tournaments this past year, hopefully, he will get real. Love her though! Unbelievable effort from Caro, Vera is a mess!

pokey camp
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I've seen countless players go through much more with far less drama. :shrug:

I prefer a more stoic approach over the hysterics and open mouthed sobbing in public. :tape: :help: Just personal preference. And Piotr is absolutely dreadful. He's got the crazy eyes.

lilimi
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
^^^^ pova's father is a lot worst. you can't see his crazy eyes because he wear sunglasses :lol:
poor Caro :awww: i think vera was not at her best shape either :sad:

Illusionist
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I hope it's not that terrible as it looked. I woke up and first thing I saw was Caro in floods of tears. I'm not a fan, but I feel for her totally.

A-Bond
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I know it might be serious, but I just can't stop laughing about this :haha: it just looked to funny.

Dave B
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hmmm... Controversial thread, this one... Look, here's what I think:

It's virtually undeniable that she was in pain. Now, I don't believe that questioning if she overreacted (or not) is relevant. First of all, because she much probably did overreact; and second, because there's nothing wrong with that. It's been quite a year for the girl: she achieved a lot, expectations rise and future matches will become much more nerve-racking due to the need of fullfiling those expectations; she had a controversial withdrawal in Luxembourg which generated a considerable amount of "conspiracy theories"; she is phisically and mentally drained due to an extremely exhausting season; and she's 19 years old and part of an industry that's not properly gentle and merciful.

She crumbled. With more or less drama, more or less overreacting, it doesn't really matter that much. I wonder how many of us over here could withstand such amount of pressure, but then again, everyone is free to have his own interpretation of this "event".

And by the way, I believe it is a bit imprudent to judge her father's character based on five minutes' clips or ten lines' interviews. They've been sharing a life for 19 years and she seems happy with that. That's a much bigger proof than any speculation made over here about how her father is indeed some kind of devilish entity...

This.

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Is pushing and moonballing against Wozniacki the newest trend among WTA players? Seriously, Vera, that was just plain stupid.
Wozniacki's antics are disgusting and she WILL get injured eventually but she deserved a win today.

Oh, and Lynn Welch was the only professional on the court today.

pokey camp
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
^^^^ pova's father is a lot worst. you can't see his crazy eyes because he wear sunglasses :lol:
poor Caro :awww: i think vera was not at her best shape either :sad:
Not a big fan of Yuri either. But I'll take him over Piotr... at least he never talked and knew when to let go and find something else to do with his life. Regardless, that wasn't a criticism of Caro; you can't choose your parents. But it looks like we should get ready for a constant Piotr Cam. :tape:

DimaDinosaur
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:20 PM
woznaicki may be dying; she better not aggrevate that injury

JadeFox
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:36 PM
i wonder what's the criteria for faking....once i don't like you you're faking?

Yeah, pretty much.

Didn't see the match, I only saw the highlights. She must've been in pain. Contrary to what some people might think, Caro's not the overly dramatic type on court. She probably played on because she knew the cramps will eventually fade.

As for her dad...ugh.

Although it's quite funny to think just a few days ago people didn't think the White Group would bring any drama! How wrong they were! :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Although it's quite funny to think just a few days ago people didn't think the White Group would bring any drama! How wrong they were! :lol:

A few days ago people didn't think the White Group would bring any quality matches. And guess what? It didn't.

JadeFox
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:49 PM
A few days ago people didn't think the White Group would bring any quality matches. And guess what? It didn't.

I haven't been able to follow any of the matches live so I can't confirm your statement. I think people will always nitpick and bitch about something so that's that.

The Dawntreader
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Utterly bizarre. Just... yeah...

No joke though people, but i went in the kitchen to fix myself a drink and i came back to see Caroline writhing on the floor. I thought she was having some kind of seizure :haha:

Zvonareva did the least amount to capitalize against an injured player i've seen for some time. Hingis vs Venus in Warsaw is the other one that comes to mind. That last serve must've been surely under 60mph and Vera did NOTHING with the ball, and neutralized the whole rally which favoured the Dane obviously.

Wozniacki did overcome a lot, but it's nothing anyone else hasn't gone through. The hysterics were a bit Halle Berry circa 2001.

Her father seems like the ultimate monopolising oppurtunist of his daughter's career.

sammy01
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Utterly bizarre. Just... yeah...

No joke though people, but i went in the kitchen to fix myself a drink and i came back to see Caroline writhing on the floor. I thought she was having some kind of seizure :haha:

Zvonareva did the least amount to capitalize against an injured player i've seen for some time. Hingis vs Venus in Warsaw is the other one that comes to mind. That last serve must've been surely under 60mph and Vera did NOTHING with the ball, and neutralized the whole rally which favoured the Dane obviously.

Wozniacki did overcome a lot, but it's nothing anyone else hasn't gone through. The hysterics were a bit Halle Berry circa 2001.

Her father seems like the ultimate monopolising oppurtunist of his daughter's career.

i agree, i must spread it about more (like thats possible lol).

MBM
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
KbN8mRu7X68
Here. Just at the beginning.

i cant hear what lynn welch says. what was the code violation officially for?

gumoll
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM
she has 20 sec between points so it was for delaying the game :p

Ryan
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
:bowdown: CARO! I was going to post earlier, but I had to go to class. Watched the first two sets, and the VERY end of the third.

Caro was probably over the top, but imagine - you're a 19 year old, clearly in pain (anyone who denies it is clearly braindead), fighting in what you must think is an EPIC match, and finally prevail! What else are you going to do? CRY :lol: Tears of happiness, pain, and exhaustion. It might look stupid to some of you bitter, soulless shells of human beings, but it's actually quite understandable. ;)

Rest up Caro, but please don't send JJ into the Semis with two barely/not at all wins. :lol:

MBM
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
she has 20 sec between points so it was for delaying the game :p

lilimi
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Not a big fan of Yuri either. But I'll take him over Piotr... at least he never talked and knew when to let go and find something else to do with his life. Regardless, that wasn't a criticism of Caro; you can't choose your parents. But it looks like we should get ready for a constant Piotr Cam. :tape:

i'm not a fan of overreacting entourages but i think there's a huge difference between caro's father or novak's parents and sharapov or JJ's coach. these two already insulted players with their behaviour.:help::help::help:

VIKA?
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
What a faker:rolleyes:

Cakeisgood
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Piotr is just a terrible father. Look at her mom looking so worried and he's just grinning. Yeah she won, but at what cost?

donniedarkofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM
What a faker:rolleyes:

What a ignorant idiot and looser! Go and s.uck a f.uck! And i'm not even her fan...just can't stand people like you. Go and roll your eyes somewhere else.

Nina.
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Wow, what kind of reaction of Caro's father is that in the end? I can't believe that he's making victory signs when his daughter is standing there crying :o

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:03 PM
LOL Caro chatting with Babsie and Annabel Croft in the ES players' lounge looking fresh as a daisy. :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Caro was probably over the top, but imagine - you're a 19 year old, clearly in pain (anyone who denies it is clearly braindead)

And this is coming from someone with
Supporting Martina Hingis 100% in her fight against cocaine allegations!
in his sig :haha:

And you have the nerve to call others idiots?

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:07 PM
What a ignorant idiot and looser! Go and s.uck a f.uck! And i'm not even her fan...just can't stand people like you. Go and roll your eyes somewhere else.

Suck a fuck? I don't think that's possible, kid.

Oh God? Does Wozniacki become number 3 now?

Matt01
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:10 PM

The matches from the maroon group didn't bring any quality matches, either. At least the matches of the white group were entertaining.

TheAllan
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Wow, what kind of reaction of Caro's father is that in the end? I can't believe that he's making victory signs when his daughter is standing there crying :o
It's very east to judge from the outside how a parent is supposed to react in a situation like that. He was obviously proud of her accomplishment. And had good reason to be.

C. W. Fields
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
LOL Caro chatting with Babsie and Annabel Croft in the ES players' lounge looking fresh as a daisy. :lol:

Your point being? Is it another 'proof' she was faking the pain that she has now overcome her cramps?

jeyhansen
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
First of all sorry my bad english.

I'm sad to see so many stupid and ignorrent comments on this forum. I think there is alot of internet warriors in here who have never played any kind of sports on a little serius level. They dont even know how it is to get cramps.

Caro is the best think that has happen to women tennis in af long time. Strong will good parrents as well. How can anybody in here comment about her parrents. You just see a few seconds. Shame to dogde them after os short time.

Caro will be number 1 in the world some day. She is 19 years old and allready been in the Us open final.

:worship: She is for real!!

Matt01
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:54 PM
First of all sorry my bad english.

I'm sad to see so many stupid and ignorrent comments on this forum. I think there is alot of internet warriors in here who have never played any kind of sports on a little serius level. They dont even know how it is to get cramps.

Caro is the best think that has happen to women tennis in af long time. Strong will good parrents as well. How can anybody in here comment about her parrents. You just see a few seconds. Shame to dogde them after os short time.

Caro will be number 1 in the world some day. She is 19 years old and allready been in the Us open final.

:worship: She is for real!!

:hearts:

Robert-KimClijst
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
AMAZING fight from Caro!!!!!!!

Hopefully she'll start worrying a bit more about the amount of tournament she plays. She is too young to be having these injuries.

Pops Maellard
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
All I can think is how much Vera must have sucked to let this one slip away. :tape:

As for Caro, no comment. It's her own fault she's injured though (well, her and her 'coach' anyway).

cn ireland
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Such drama:eek:!

Congrats to Caro on pulling through for the win:)!

Chrissie-fan
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Caroline Wozniacki: i love you!!! What a heroic performance!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::yeah:

Chrissie-fan
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
BTW - I don't believe for one second that those that claim that Caro was "faking it" really believe that themselves. They are just sore losers - cowards in fact who don't want to give any credit to Wozniacki no matter what.

hankqq
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Caro showed she is 1 tough kid :yeah: :worship: No way was she faking. Anyone who believes otherwise is just too blinded by his/her dislike for her :shrug: :o Hopefully Wozniacki has learned her lesson this year about playing too many events, and she'll cut down on her schedule next season :shrug:

Zvonareva once again failed to take advantage of the situation, though her ankle is still giving her trouble :hug:

tennisforadults
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:42 PM
It wasn't an injury, but bad cramping that reduced Wozniacki to tears. Cramps are fking painful - so it's understandable. Those posters who said she faked everything are simply one of the following: trolls (who will say anything to offend anyone), wozniacki-haters (who will say anything to bash her) or immature kids (who will say anything, period).

Wozniacki may not hit enough winners, but she definitely has fighting spirit.

is1531
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Zvonereva is like broken glass. All these injuries are the fault of the WTA. The schedule for the ladies is 10 months, which is far too long. The men play 11 months which is even worse. I have a feeling if more major sponsors come through, we may be looking at a 12 month sport shortly.

It's not a lot of fun watching a match when less than 1,000 fans are there to seethe match. Let's have 50 ladies out with injuries, then we can see Rybarikova win a title against Dulgheru.

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I still can't stop watching it. :sobbing::sobbing::hysteric:

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:58 AM
It wasn't an injury, but bad cramping that reduced Wozniacki to tears. Cramps are fking painful - so it's understandable. Those posters who said she faked everything are simply one of the following: trolls (who will say anything to offend anyone), wozniacki-haters (who will say anything to bash her) or immature kids (who will say anything, period).

Wozniacki may not hit enough winners, but she definitely has fighting spirit.
Cramps are painful, for sure. But so many players have had it in the past, so many, and not one of them have started doing backflips and stuff. :sobbing::rolls::hysteric:

Cakeisgood
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Oh My God !

That was the funniest thing ever... I was seriously laughing... It looke like the worst drama performance ever :tape:

It may have been real, It was just funny.

MxpQSWLDekU

Was this funny to you? Was just as dramatic. God, you seriously have no heart. That poor girl is in so much pain and you laugh. Same thing happened to Serena and you would've slaughtered someone for saying what you said.

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:18 AM
MxpQSWLDekU

Was this funny to you? Was just as dramatic. God, you seriously have no heart. That poor girl is in so much pain and you laugh. Same thing happened to Serena and you would've slaughtered someone for saying what you said.
Serena was in pain but come on, it wasn't anywhere near as dramatic, she fell to the ground and screamed a bit. And anyways she made it 908092823 times worse by smacking her cramped calf with her racket. :lol: But there were no twirls, no tumbles, forward rolls.

Chrissie-fan
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM
MxpQSWLDekU

Was this funny to you? Was just as dramatic. God, you seriously have no heart. That poor girl is in so much pain and you laugh.

Sadists like it when they see others suffer. They get a kick out of it.

TheAllan
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Serena was in pain but come on, it wasn't anywhere near as dramatic, she fell to the ground and screamed a bit. And anyways she made it 908092823 times worse by smacking her cramped calf with her racket. :lol: But there were no twirls, no tumbles, forward rolls.
Can you pass on the manual on how to cramp up properly in front of a global tv audience after three hours of tennis in grueling heat?

Cakeisgood
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:36 AM

I disagree. Serena's cramp seemed horrible and she really screamed it out.

And sure, Caro's was dramatic, but I really don't think it's cool to laugh at her situation. And note that Caro had been playing for such a long time in pain before that cramp. Her body probably just couldn't take it anymore.

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:38 AM

Serena didn't have it in both legs.

The reason Caroline fell down was because BOTH her legs cramped up like that. Or worse.

You're an idiot. You're just pissed that Caroline won again.

Dexter
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Your point being? Is it another 'proof' she was faking the pain that she has now overcome her cramps?I don't think she was faking anything. Anyway I haven't seen much outside of short highlights reel from the match. It's just odd that a player that was dying on the court is in the studio at 0.30 am. Good sign before her match against Janković, I guess. :shrug:

Inger67
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM
You all never cease to amaze me. Caroline is barely walking crying her eyes out after another long 3 set match, clearly cramping and you all think she is faking. When will it EVER end? It doesn't matter how much is shown in someone else's favor or argument, everyone on this board believes they are right and nothing will change their mind. Fucking ridiculous.

Whatever. On another note, Caro is playing fantastic these YEC. Anyone who claims her to be just a pusher needs to watch these two matches she has played thus far. I hope she makes it to the final, unless she plays Vee of course. :angel:

donniedarkofan
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Suck a fuck? I don't think that's possible, kid.

Oh God? Does Wozniacki become number 3 now?

hey, smart A.s! Think! It doesn't hurt, i mean like for real!
And i don't want you to find a way how to s.ck a f.uck, smartie, just use your brain and maybe one day you'll find your answers. Kid...haha!

I'm glad some of you are thinking though.

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Can you pass on the manual on how to cramp up properly in front of a global tv audience after three hours of tennis in grueling heat?
Of course not, but i've cramped up majorly in matches before and I know how it feels, and it was just the most dramatic reaction ever. :lol: I didn't say that she shouldn't act like that but it was clearly overdramatized, especially at the end. :lol: I do Sports Studies and I know that was definitely overdramatised at the end. :lol: I didn't even judge her, I just find it funny. :lol:
Serena didn't have it in both legs.

The reason Caroline fell down was because BOTH her legs cramped up like that. Or worse.

You're an idiot. You're just pissed that Caroline won again.

At excatly the same time? :spit: Right. :tape:

And I couldn't care less, it's only chance that I walked into the room where people were watching it in my house to see it, the WTA is doomed already whether or not she wins. :wavey:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM
At excatly the same time? :spit: Right. :tape:

Yes, both at the same time. So you've never tried that? Good. Then shut up.

donniedarkofan
Oct 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM

Exactly.

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Haha I think you should stop being rude, young man, you wouldn't want to get banned again. :lol::bounce::drool:

Even if she actually did cramp both at the same time, as ludicrous as it sounds, it was still a huge overreaction, she looked like someone in the audience just shot her down. :rolls: I wonder what she's gonna do if she ever breaks a bone? Jump off a cliff? :lol:

Bye bye Gunther. :kiss:

kman
Oct 30th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Haha I think you should stop being rude, young man, you wouldn't want to get banned again. :lol::bounce::drool:

Even if she actually did cramp both at the same time, as ludicrous as it sounds, it was still a huge overreaction, she looked like someone in the audience just shot her down. :rolls: I wonder what she's gonna do if she ever breaks a bone? Jump off a cliff? :lol:

Bye bye Gunther. :kiss:

I don't think she thought about how to react. She just reacted instinctually.

A cramp can be more painful than a broken bone, believe it or not. It's just that a cramp usually goes away pretty quickly whereas a broken bone takes a long time to heal.

I agree it looks funny watching it on the replay, but it probably wasn't that fun for Caroline.

Pops Maellard
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Daddy looks totally unconcerned with anything except the win which is the most disturbing part.

Hannahb
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
he really does look like a person who has sold his soul to the devil. He might me a good father off court, but the way he is able to think as a trainer - and only trainer - at times like these is scary. Maybe she's happy with it and maybe he is really cool... but it just seems so cold.