PDA

View Full Version : Which WTA players smoke marihuana?

chuvack
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
And don't tell me that they are all perfect family values girls and none of them would ever do that... and dont tell me either that marihuana is a PED. All experts agree that it is a purely recreational substance.

I estimate at least 25 percent of WTA girls have smoked up (similar percent to U.S. and European population of middle-upper class in general). There have been many stories in particular about Mauresmo, who is quite open and doesn't hide that she has occasionally smoked weed to help to relax. Any news about other players? I would be pretty surprised if Serena as much as she parties with the Hollywood set, has never fired up a joint.

Edinboro
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Go for it. It's safer than alcohol. :)

I'm sure a few of them have but don't they get drug tested?

delicatecutter
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Golovin smokes cigarettes because she's awesome.

PLP
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
And don't tell me that they are all perfect family values girls and none of them would ever do that... and dont tell me either that marihuana is a PED. All experts agree that it is a purely recreational substance.

I estimate at least 25 percent of WTA girls have smoked up (similar percent to U.S. and European population of middle-upper class in general). There have been many stories in particular about Mauresmo, who is quite open and doesn't hide that she has occasionally smoked weed to help to relax. Any news about other players? I would be pretty surprised if Serena as much as she parties with the Hollywood set, has never fired up a joint.

Really? :lol:
I somehow doubt it about Serena, Venus seems like such a 'good girl' type that I think she would actually be more likely.

Capriati obviously.

Lorinda.
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
First learn how to spell Marijuana ;)

But I'm sure at least some of em have taken some puffs of it during the off season.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Bepa must do, the way she is playing :tape: :help:

Mattographer
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Flavia Pennetta used to smoke marijuana when she was a teenager ;)

hdfb
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I'd say Stubbs would. Pratt too.

chuvack
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'd say Stubbs would. Pratt too.

why only singliing out the butch lesbians? This is really annoying prejudice.

RenaSlam.
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Clijsters.

hdfb
Oct 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
why only singliing out the butch lesbians? This is really annoying prejudice.

I'm not. Stubbs just seems like the type to embrace nature in all its extremities. Pratt to me seems like a very chilled out gal.

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Bartoli always has the munchies :shrug:

Half the commentators must have a puff before matches judging by the crap they go on with :p

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Bartoli always has the munchies :shrug:

Half the commentators must have a puff before matches judging by the crap they go on with :p

Half? Way more than that. Mary Carillo espesh.

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Half? Way more than that. Mary Carillo espesh.

:lol: I was being generous Luscious :lol:

dsanders06
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Can you actually get banned for smoking marijuana?

betowiec
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
thread of the year

MaBaker
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Jelena Jankovic, based on some of her press conferences.

vik
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM
kanepi. lol

her name means weed in estonian:)

pokey camp
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Golovin smokes cigarettes because she doesn't give a shit about further destroying her back. Which I guess is... awesome!! :bounce:

hdfb
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Nothing wrong with smoking a big fat spliff in the privacy of your own home. :smoke:

Bethanie Mattek-Sands .... based on some of her outfits.

And I reckon Patty Schnyder and hubby Rainer Hofmann like to partaay. :cool:

How could I forget them??? :lol:

I'd give a nod to Schiavone, Kournikova, Navratilova. It must be more prevalent on ATP!

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Wasn't Lourdes Dominguez Lino suspended after smoking some weed?

WowWow
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:55 AM
There have been many stories in particular about Mauresmo, who is quite open and doesn't hide that she has occasionally smoked weed to help to relax.
When did she say that?:confused:
:worship:

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Lena denies even drinking booze, so I'm sure she doesn't do weed.

She's an :angel:

Plus when would she ever be far enough away from Mommy Vera? Maybe she smoked her bangs...

Joana
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:54 AM

It was cocaine.

danieln1
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Azarenka
Jankovic
Capriati
Hingis
maybe Davenport
Schiavone

And obviously Pennetta, the sex machine

Joana
Oct 30th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I'm sure there are plenty who tried it. I don't think Ana Ivanovic did, she's probably like my mom who think marijuana and heroine are the same.

Slutiana
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Golovin smokes cigarettes because she doesn't give a shit about further destroying her back. Which I guess is... awesome!! :bounce:
1) Since when does smoking injure your back? :lol:
2) She only smoked because she was desperately struggling to deal with the fact that she was driving a polo. Miffedmax will confirm that. ;)

Joana
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:13 AM

You smoke a cigarette and then go blind, deaf, impotent, sterile, your hair falls off, your penis/boobs fall off, you get acne and wrinkles and your bones break. It's the troof.

WowWow
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:18 AM
You smoke a cigarette and then go blind, deaf, impotent, sterile, your hair falls off, your penis/boobs fall off, you get acne and wrinkles and your bones break. It's the troof.

Isn't that from masturbating?:confused::lol:

duhcity
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:21 AM

Better than sex before marriage :devil:

davidmario
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:22 AM
jcap

pokey camp
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:40 AM
2) She only smoked because she was desperately struggling to deal with the fact that she was driving a polo. Miffedmax will confirm that. ;)

:lol: No that wasn't so random anti-smoking rant. I was referencing Tati's spondylosis. Once again: Smoking actually decreases the amount of water in the discs causing them to degenerate faster. It totally exacerbates spondylosis so I have no idea what she is doing smoking. It's actually making her condition worse and making it even less likely that she’d ever be able to play again. Any doctor would have told her this. Or the google machine.

If you're her fan and you think it's awesome that she's further destroying her discs by smoking. :cool:

It sucks for her and I hope she finds something to do with herself, but I certainly don't miss her. So :smoke: away Tati!

gc-spurs
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Nicole Vaidisova

Roookie
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Azarenka definitely could use some.

Pat Bateman
Oct 30th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Jennifer Capriati.
And Chrissie Evert is a big ole pothead from waaaay back.

chuvack
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM
How could I forget them??? :lol:

I'd give a nod to Schiavone, Kournikova, Navratilova. It must be more prevalent on ATP!

Safin was infamous. There's a reason why his career went down the way it did. There is a story that at a Davis Cup tie against Belarus in Minsk (i think in '004), Marat spent the entire 3-day weekend smoking weed and getting layed by various local women. And Russia lost 3-2 to Belarus.

miffedmax
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM

Actually, we all know what really did in Tati's back.

Trying to shag a great hulking footballer in the backseat of a fucking POLO for God's sake.

That's even stupider than Lena trimming her bangs.

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I used to think Myskina might have tried it :shrug:

pascal77
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:19 PM
It's the human nature to try something new,not a big deal, and the bottom line is to make sure you are not tested positive on any drugs you have taken.

SVK
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM

It was cocaine.

Wasn´t it Laura Pous-Tio?...Or Dominguez-Lino too? Don´t remember that she was banned

wildemu
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:25 PM
As sweet as Clijsters is, I'm guessing she and her husband enjoy it sometimes. He looks like a hippie so that's more support there.

Bartoli is owned by her father so I don't think she knows what the taste of beer is let alone a blunt.

I would say Flavia and Schiavone are major puffers. Not trying to be biased towards Italians, but Francesca looks even high when she plays or wears horrible vests.

Joana
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Wasn´t it Laura Pous-Tio?...Or Dominguez-Lino too? Don´t remember that she was banned

Lourdes Dominguez-Lino was banned for a short time, like a couple of months, 6-7 years ago. She took cocaine.
Laura Pous-Tio was banned for taking some diuretics if I remember well. I don't know if her ban expired.

Patrick345
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Wouldn´t you get banned, if you tested positive?

Otherwise I´d suggets instead of eating a banana or drinking an energy drink, almost every WTA player should smoke one before serving for the set. :tape:

SVK
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Lourdes Dominguez-Lino was banned for a short time, like a couple of months, 6-7 years ago. She took cocaine.
Laura Pous-Tio was banned for taking some diuretics if I remember well. I don't know if her ban expired.

Oh, then I know, why I don´t remember it:lol:

Pous-Tio is playing again..she was playing some ITF´s this year