PDA

View Full Version : venus in 3-set matches: 1-6 W-L since wimbledon

roelc
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM
her only win was against dushevina, and she had also MP against serena.
why can't venus keep her level up in the 3rd set and close it out?
if only she would keep a good level for the first 2 sets, she wouldn't even need a 3rd one.
i hope she can have a fresh start next year, but this doesn't look good. :(

mauresmofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Her confidence is very low at the moment and I don't say that lightly because both Williamses have been taught to believe in themselves. She just needs to win a close 3 setter once or win a few matches in a row and her confidence will come back

PLP
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
her only win was against dushevina, and she had also MP against serena.
why can't venus keep her level up in the 3rd set and close it out?
if only she would keep a good level for the first 2 sets, she wouldn't even need a 3rd one.
i hope she can have a fresh start next year, but this doesn't look good. :(

This is a very good point.
Venus needs to step up the conditioning or something, she often looks spent in the 3rd set these days...I am not going to pretend to guess exactly what's wrong, but she is such a fighter..& should have a better 3 set record.

serenafan08
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Nothing is wrong physically with Venus; it's all between the ears. She's 29, been playing pro tennis for roughly 12 years, and honestly her brain has been through the wringer. She needs to get mentally refreshed for 2010. Physically she's still one of the strongest, fastest players out there. Like Andre Agassi said, it doesn't matter how strong your strokes are if your mind can't back them up. Right now Venus's mind really is on Venus; she needs to come back to Earth.

tenn_ace
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
what's her total w-l record since wimbledon? I wouldn't be surprised that it is not much better

Feyd
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
what's her total w-l record since wimbledon? I wouldn't be surprised that it is not much better

9-8

LudwigDvorak
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Azarenka is 0-6 since Wimbledon. :shrug:

Mikey.
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Azarenka is 0-6 since Wimbledon. :shrug:

Vika! :o Awful!

sammy01
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
i think whats worrying is more the way shes lost them. yep serena stepped it up last night, but a lot of her tie-breaks this year have been lost through DF's and wild errors.

Donny
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
In how many of those lsot three setters did she win the first set?

It seems to me she's getting into a habit of losing the last two sets...

CoolDude7
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
it's her stamina guys.. she is fine during the first set, but in the second she usually looks 'done'. Her coach should step up the length spent on the bike.

champion88
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hopefully not about to make it 1-7 :tape:

Miss Amor
:o

roelc
oh no... she lost another tiebreak :o
please win it this time!

Dodoboy.
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:11 PM
i think whats worrying is more the way shes lost them. yep serena stepped it up last night, but a lot of her tie-breaks this year have been lost through DF's and wild errors.

So true! Even the way she opened against Sveta!

Yonexforever
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I have been saying for the past 2 years that there was a time when if you were lucky to find yourself in a 3rd set with a Williams sister the match was as good as lost.
But lately Venus especially CRUMBLES in 3rd set matches.
I recall hearing something about Anemia about a year or so ago, but like most things Williams the ranks closed pretty quickly and mum became the word.
We are talking athletics here, most atheles dont like to talk about injuries so opponents wont try to take advantage.
Tennis is the only pro sport and it isnt even contact where players will annouce or show an injury( wrapping) etc.

roelc
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:50 PM
2-6 woohooo :D
thank god!

Dodoboy.
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:51 PM
:haha: Nice to end the year on a win :yeah: Against the RG Champ too :D

UrukHai
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM
she won against da bitch

champion88
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hopefully she can still qualify :shrug:

Inger67
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Make that 2-6 ;)

The Witch-king
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I have been saying for the past 2 years that there was a time when if you were lucky to find yourself in a 3rd set with a Williams sister the match was as good as lost.
I recall hearing something about Anemia about a year or so ago, but like most things Williams the ranks closed pretty quickly and mum became the word.
We are talking athletics here, most atheles dont like to talk about injuries so opponents wont try to take advantage.
Tennis is the only pro sport and it isnt even contact where players will annouce or show an injury( wrapping) etc.

at YEC last year through to about Rome & the FO Venus was the 3 set queen.

roelc
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Make that 2-6 ;)

i can't :(

danieln1
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM

She had anemia in late 2007, the only reason she lost the US Open semi-final, because anemia get you very weak and tired... but i think she´s healed by now