PDA

View Full Version : What is the best forehand grip? Can anyone help?

dabossK
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I am searching for the best grip to use on my forehand (that i struggle with, I have a great backhand). I am a flat hitter (use Pro Drive GT) and i am currently experimenting in between Continental and Eastern. I use eastern but I would like you to learn continental. I'm so confused. Can anyone please help me? Thank you.

Mightymirza
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I find Semi-western to be the most versatile :shrug: You can flatten the shots out as well as hit with topspin..

Cakeisgood
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM
DO not use Continental. BAD idea.

Eastern is alright, but I can guarantee that 99% of people will say Semi-Western which I agree with.

Mightymirza
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
yeah continental is bad idea.. Eastern is good. Much better than continental. Why do you wanna change it?

dabossK
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Can you explain what is wrong with Continential and what is good about Semi-Western please??

quentinak
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:38 AM
If you feel comfortable with an Eastern grip that's probably the best way to go. I tend to float a little towards semi-western at times (esp with hitting high balls) but is definitely an Eastern grip. Once you're used to the Eastern, you can actually put a little time into practicing with Continental as well as Semi-Western. Doing this can help you develop more strength on your hitting arm.

There are a couple of good, free websites for the basic mechanics of groundies. Fuzzy Yellow Balls just to name one of them.

LeonHart
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Semi-Western...that's what most pro's use.

dabossK
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:16 AM
What grip does Agnieszka Radwanska use?