PDA

View Full Version : Doha Excel sheet and scenarios

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:49 PM
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=Z01OZ285WkJtMEt4dnc9PQ

White Group

If Wozniacki beats Jankovic then Wozniacki and Azarenka are through to the semifinals.

If Jankovic beats Wozniacki then
- if Azarenka beats Zvonareva then Jankovic and Azarenka are through.
- if Zvonareva beats Azarenka then Jankovic and Wozniacki are through.

Maroon Group

If Kuznetsova beats Venus then Kuznetsova and Dementieva will battle for the 2nd semifinal spot.

If Venus beats Kuznetsova then
- if Kuznetsova beats Dementieva then Venus is through.
- if Dementieva beats Kuznetsova then Dementieva is through.

darrinbaker00
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:54 PM
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=Z01OZ285WkJtMEt4dnc9PQ

White Group

If Zvonareva wins both her matches then she will qualify as 2nd and the winner of Wozniacki vs. Jankovic will qualify as 1st.
If Zvonareva wins only one match she's out.

If Zvonareva beats Wozniacki and Azarenka beats Zvonareva then Azarenka is through and the winner of Wozniacki vs. Jankovic will qualify as well.

If Wozniacki beats Zvonareva and Zvonareva beats Azarenka then Wozniacki is through and Jankovic has to beat Wozniacki to qualify as well, else Azarenka is through.

If Zvonareva loses both her matches and Jankovic beats Wozniacki then it gets down to sets between the three.

Maroon Group

All players can still qualify or fail to do so. Let's wait for tomorrow's first match.
Thank you for coming out of retirement and doing this, GoDom. :bounce:

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM
You are welcome. You have to thank "Aneres." for this, though. :explode:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:57 PM
thanks godom!!

Vee Williams
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:18 AM

White Group

If Zvonareva wins both her matches then she will qualify as 2nd and the winner of Wozniacki vs. Jankovic will qualify as 1st.
If Zvonareva wins only one match she's out.

If Zvonareva beats Wozniacki and Azarenka beats Zvonareva then Azarenka is through and the winner of Wozniacki vs. Jankovic will qualify as well.

If Wozniacki beats Zvonareva and Zvonareva beats Azarenka then Wozniacki is through and Jankovic has to beat Wozniacki to qualify as well, else Azarenka is through.

If Zvonareva loses both her matches and Jankovic beats Wozniacki then it gets down to sets between the three.

Maroon Group

All players can still qualify or fail to do so. Let's wait for tomorrow's first match.

Thank you! :D

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM
*bump*

tae04
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Couldn't Venus still get through if she beats Kuzy, Kuzy beats Dementieva regardless if 3 sets, and Serena beats Elena in 2 sets?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
^ Venus can qualify with any win in that scenario.
other matches dont even matter as long as Kuznetsova d. Dementieva (score irrelevant)

Jorn
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
If Caroline can only play a few games tomorrow and so retires, can she play in the SEMIs if Bepa Z. beats Vika?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
A player who retires during the Round Robin because of illness or
injury may continue in the competition if it is approved by the
Tournament Physician.

d. Withdrawal
Any player who withdraws from any round robin match after the
first match shall not be eligible for the Single Elimination Competition

ce
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
so she has to step on court tomoz :inlove:
JJ :inlove:

Marty-Dom
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:24 PM
If Venus beats Svetlana, then Svetlana has no shot at advancing- which means she could let Elena win just to spite Venus. (Unless Serena pulls a favor and asks her to really try and win :devil:...)

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
You are welcome. You have to thank "Aneres." for this, though. :explode:

I'm adding your post into my thread :)

GoDominique
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Updated. Pretty simple since sets won't come into play. :awww:

Would be brutal if Jankovic beats a tired Wozniacki and advances to the semis. :o

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM

Would be brutal if Jankovic beats a tired Wozniacki and advances to the semis. :o

be even worse if she "wins" like vs Safina :help:

iGOAT
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hmmm I doubt Vee will advance...

Even if she can beat Kuzzie (big if) I doubt Kuzzie would beat Lena considering there is no point, but if Lena wins, it HELPS her and I imagine she would rather help Lena than Venus. Plus Lena would probably win anyways.

But it is possible.

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Which place would jankovic have in the group? I want her to be second so Serena kicks her butt :lol:

moby
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM
^ Venus can qualify with any win in that scenario.
other matches dont even matter as long as Kuznetsova d. Dementieva (score irrelevant)Can Venus qualify at all?

Even if she beats Sveta, there might be a Russian decision tomorrow to guarantee one Russian semifinalist. :D

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Can Venus qualify at all?

Even if she beats Sveta, there might be a Russian decision tomorrow to guarantee one Russian semifinalist. :D

Do u think Sveta wants to go 0-3 to get a russian through? I don't think so.

Willam
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:52 PM
so it's up to dementieva, if she wins, she is through.

Uranium
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hmmm I doubt Vee will advance...

Even if she can beat Kuzzie (big if) I doubt Kuzzie would beat Lena considering there is no point, but if Lena wins, it HELPS her and I imagine she would rather help Lena than Venus. Plus Lena would probably win anyways.

But it is possible.

I doubt she wants to go 0-3 for 3 straight years at YEC.

earthcrystal
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
If Venus beats Kuznetsova then
- if Kuznetsova beats Dementieva then Venus is through.
- if Dementieva beats Kuznetsova then Dementieva is through.

I'm confused...and I can't d/l the excel sheet, cuz I don't have it on this dinosaur...

But
If Venus defeats Kuzzy, then she is 1-2 in matches
If Kuzzy beats Elena, then Elena is also 1-2 in matches

...so why would Venus advance, considering she and Elena are tied in match w/l and Elena won their head-to-head? I thought the tb was the head to head. Can someone clarify?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I'm confused...and I can't d/l the excel sheet, cuz I don't have it on this dinosaur...

But
If Venus Kuzzy, then she is 1-2 in matches
If Kuzzy beats Elena, then Elena is also 1-2 in matches

...so why would Venus advance, considering she and Elena are tied in matches and Elena won their head-to-head?

cos its a 3 player tie on 1-2

Jorn
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
It was posted yesterday, Venus will have better set score.

earthcrystal
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks Eggy; forgot about Sveta in the tie. Doh! So then it would revert to sets? Oh gosh, I'm so confused....lol.

Wish Lena could have just won today and put me outta my misery.

Jorn, I don't read here that much, so sorry for not knowing if something was already posted. Guess it's not tooooooo much trouble for someone to explain it again, tho, right. ;)

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
sets and then games :)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Can Venus qualify at all?

Sveta tanking vs Venus cos she says "she's black on the inside"

wow Sveta :rolleyes:

moby
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Sveta tanking vs Venus cos she says "she's black on the inside"

wow Sveta :rolleyes:Sveta is a Williams sistah. :D
She's black on the outside too. (see: her dress)

I guess we'll find out where her loyalties lie: family or country.

Or maybe Shitlana will remain the YEC doormat because she just sucks there.

Noctis
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM

doesnt link to 1st post does it now.
they still have sets to sort out.

tae04
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Sveta still has points and money on the line by winning tomorrow if she loses to Venus.

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM

doesnt link to 1st post does it now.
they still have sets to sort out.

CW : 2-1 | 4-4 (50%) or 5-4 (56%)
VA : 2-1 | 5-2 (71%) or 5-3 (63%)
JJ : 2-1 | 4-2 (66%) or 4-3 (57%)

So basically I did what you said, first column is in 2 sets, second column is in 3sets.
If that happens, it's Viktoria and Jelena advancing to the semis.

Noctis
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
that Bull Lol Hoghest percentage of Sets :haha: