PDA

View Full Version : Will Tankrena show up tomorrow?

cellophane
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I'm curious... since Serena is through to the semis... I don't want a repeat of the Toronto semi. :yawn:

Uranium
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM
She better not. Serena needs to beat Elena in 2 for Venus to have a chance.

frenchie
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I'm curious... since Serena is through to the semis... I don't want a repeat of the Toronto semi. :yawn:

Repeat of the Sydney SF:help:

Worst tank of the year by Serena

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I think she will but hope she can prove me wrong.:angel:

Stamp Paid
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I hope she does. Dont exert too much in this dead rubber.

Brooks.
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:15 AM
How is she through? Kuznetsova could beat Venus and Elena in straights and take her spot???

DragonFlame
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:24 AM
How is she through? Kuznetsova could beat Venus and Elena in straights and take her spot???

I wonder about this too... If elena beats serena in straight sets, kuznetsova beats venus and elena in straight sets:

Serena 2-1 4-3
Elena 2-1 4-3
Sveta 2-1 4-2

Wouldn't svetlana and elena go through because svetlana has the best percentage and elena beat serena in this tournie? :confused:
Or are games supposed to be counted then? I haven't looked into the rules this year...

darrinbaker00
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:33 AM
If Serena loses tomorrow, she won't get the full $1.55 million for winning the tournament. Besides, she didn't get to where she is today by tanking matches. Serena may not win tomorrow, but it'll be because Elena Dementieva outplayed her, not because she mailed it in.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:38 AM

serena beat kuzzy in straights...so h-2-h means she goes through iirc

moby
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
If Serena loses tomorrow, she won't get the full $1.55 million for winning the tournament. Besides, she didn't get to where she is today by tanking matches. Serena may not win tomorrow, but it'll be because Elena Dementieva outplayed her, not because she mailed it in.If Sharapova can tank a dead rubber to Petrova in the YEC, Serena can tank what is effectively a dead rubber to Elena. I believe Serena needs at most one set tomorrow to guarantee a spot in the semis. She'll go out and try to win in two (why not?), but if it goes to a third and Elena puts up some sort of resistance, my guess is that Serena won't really give a damn.

mdterp01
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:36 PM

:wavey:

Matt01
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:42 PM
If Sharapova can tank a dead rubber to Petrova in the YEC, Serena can tank what is effectively a dead rubber to Elena.

That 1:6,2:6 from Pova to Petrova was a shameful disgrace. Thank god Serena decided to show up today.

moby
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
That 1:6,2:6 from Pova to Petrova was a shameful disgrace. Thank god Serena decided to show up today.I don't even know why that match counted as a loss, because it had zero effect even on the tournament. Maria even finished top of her group, IIRC. As we all know, if that match had counted, Nadia wouldn't have stood a chance.

So to me, Maria still leads their H2H 8-0. Or something like that.

hdfb
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Serena wouldn't let Lena D beat Venus and then her in the same tournament.

Feyd
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
That 1:6,2:6 from Pova to Petrova was a shameful disgrace. Thank Venus, Serena decided to show up today.

Corrected it for you.

cellophane
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Glad Tankrena stayed away... although the match still kind of sucked