PDA

View Full Version : YEC RR Maroon Group: "The Real #1" S. Williams (2) def. V. Williams (7) 5-7 6-4 7-6

RenaSlam.
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Shut up and step once again. :worship:

Saves MP. :worship:

THE GREATEST!!!!

Cakeisgood
Saved a MP :eek::eek:

Respect to Serena, whom I assumed would tank it to give Vee a shot at the title match adding to the fact that she is already YE #1.

Topsy turvy match. Crazy drama in the third, some HUGE rallies too. Not great quality, but fun as always to watch.

Looks like Vee isn't going to get those points back :sad:

On a side note, Serena's outfit is such a hot mess.

And a kitty ran through the court at 5-3 in the 3rd set TB. WTF?!?!?!?

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/torre107/si/pics/i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

RenaSlam.
Step

Donny
Nicccce.

MBM
good at the start and the end. TERRIBLE in between

Slutiana
Venus fucking bottled that. Fucking hell. Pathetic.

volta
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
where are the the people who were saying that she was going to let Venus win ? :haha:

Serena :hearts: win it all now :rocker2:

Venus :hug: come back stronger for doubles and next season :inlove:

Craig.
Venus :rolls: Such a hot mess.

Bremen
Some amazing points near the end there....great winner for Serena to get to match point!

young_gunner913
COME ON SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shout:

Vee :bigcry::hug:

MP downRena :hearts:

Broseghini
Venus :dance:

cellophane
The end looked like a match. Most of it was a hot mess.

Now Serena will tank against Lena. Meh.

BuTtErFrEnA
:tape: bad bad match...but 2-0 is nice...

Vaidisova
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Serena :yeah:

Dexter
Stepto this.

Lame match for like 90% of it, but the end was pretty entertaining. :lol::cat:

Pasta-Na
lost in 3 again, venus. :awww:

Wannabeknowitall
That was a good match.
Too bad there weren't that many people to see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if more people in the state of Rhode Island saw that match, then the whole Doha stadium.

Wawrinka's ass.

Ballbasher
Poor Venus. :bigcry: :bigcry: :hug: :hug:

madmax
who cares...

MegaDethly
Was tracking live scores online. Can anyone tell me what hapenned on the MP Venus had?

Vanity Bonfire
Please Serena, just beat Lena D now. That's all I ask of you. Then you can tank all you want.

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Best match I've seen the Wimby SF

serenafann
Yayy! Well done Serena.You Rule.I Love You so much. Keep it going.

Venus you played well, good try.

Congrats on the year end, Num 1. Serena you deserve it. :worship: :worship::)

Cakeisgood
LOL AT THE CAT! Doha win.

sammy01
thank god serena won, thought she was gonna choke it at the end there

Vikapower
Oh well at least Venus would have won the YEC at least one time in her career !

Njay16
Venus :sad: But you can still qualify! :hearts:

How bout the cat on the court :lol: So cute.

V-MAC
2 points away from beating Elena, 1 point away from beating Serena..oh Vee, so close to the semi-finals but not to be:sad: Great effort in this match though all things considering.

anon57
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Very error filled first two sets, Serena looked like she couldn't care less about the match for most of the first set. Third set was a bit better especially the last couple of games and the TB.

Diesel
:tape: bad bad match...but 2-0 is nice...

That's about the only good thing anybody could say about today. Ugh.

Stamp Paid
Serena is amazing. That backhand DTL to get MP >>>>>>>>>>
Tank against Demented and get ready for the semis :kiss:

Noctis
Its 57 64 76 :cuckoo:

OMG GO SERENA :woohoo: 2-0 Nice way to save MP Played a brilliant TB

Venus :hug: hope you still qualify but if not go In Doubles :rocker2:

Njay16
Was tracking live scores online. Can anyone tell me what hapenned on the MP Venus had?

Serena hit a slice serve out wide that pulled her outside of the alley. Hit into the open court, Venus did well to track it down, then Serena put it away with an overhead.

olympus28
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:17 PM
2 points away from beating Elena, 1 point away from beating Serena..oh Vee, so close to the semi-finals but not to be:sad: Great effort in this match though all things considering.

...:tape:

delicatecutter
Keep it going Serena! :yeah:

freeandlonely
sad for Venus

Timariot
10 double faults for Venus Kournikova? Well otoh, it was a long match...

Feyd
Serena, you should not have given that one single match point to that Venus.

Apoleb
Brilliant from Fatrena. I only watched the start of the match and 4-5 from the second set.

Venuts was playing decently, but as we know, sis is just better.

jefrilibra
That rally at 5-6 was amazing!:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Michael!
:weirdo:
No words for this, another really disappointing defeat, had even MP in this terrible match......but these days she cant even win such matches.
The fight in the end was totally useless, why not losing 1-6, better for my nevers, now 6-7, in the end it stays the same, just bad tennis, especially when it comes to the importang points!

She still has a small chance to reach the SF, but we have to be realistic, she won´t make it!

Lulu.
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Way to pull through Serena. :yeah:

Not much to say other than that a win is a win!

:lol: at that damn cat.

J.Bravo
I missed it!:sad:

fouc
Not her again. :sobbing: Venus, you headcase!

wasn't it 5-7 in the 1st

John.
YAY for Serena :banana:

:sad: for Venus :hug:

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
There was a thread about this match that A/ Had the correct score and B/ Didn't have the stupid "real #1 who hasn't won a WTA event since April 2008" tag. Seems like it got deleted

davidmario
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Saved a MP :eek::eek:

Respect to Serena, whom I assumed would tank it to give Vee a shot at the title match adding to the fact that she is already YE #1.

Topsy turvy match. Crazy drama in the third, some HUGE rallies too. Not great quality, but fun as always to watch.

Looks like Vee isn't going to get those points back :sad:

On a side note, Serena's outfit is such a hot mess.

And a kitty ran through the court at 5-3 in the 3rd set TB. WTF?!?!?!?

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/torre107/si/pics/i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

Do you really think Serena had a sense for her sister?:rolleyes: She was acting like she played Henin or Martinez Sanchez:rolleyes:

The Daviator
Serena! :banana: You betta win the damn tournament :fiery:

Bijoux0021
who cares...
Obviously, you do. :o

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Serena :inlove:

Vee :hug:

I knew when she said this:
"I'm not playing Venus tomorrow, I'm playing an opponent," Serena said. "That's how I want to look at it. Just another opponent who wants to beat me."
that she really wanted to win.

Cakeisgood
Do you really think Serena had a sense for her sister?:rolleyes: She was acting like she played Henin or Martinez Sanchez:rolleyes:

She was going all out today I agree.

olivero
the last game and tiebreak was amazing :hearts: the rest was meh...

the cat :lol:

LindsayRulz
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:23 PM
That point at 5-6 30-15 in the last set. :inlove:

Well done Serena, gutsy play for saving the MP late in the third. :yeah:

Venus :hug:

Sexysova
fgYQDcphYjw

Cakeisgood
There was a thread about this match that A/ Had the correct score and B/ Didn't have the stupid "real #1 who hasn't won a WTA event since April 2008" tag. Seems like it got deleted

I was me :( :(

I always am a little too slow.

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
What happened with the cat :inlove:?

Cakeisgood
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
What happened with the cat :inlove:?

At 5-3 at the TB, I think vee was about to serve and a cat just ran across the court. It was skinny and whitish.

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Their matches are rarely interesting but this one was plain dull. Except for the 12th game and the tiebreak of the third set.

Diesel
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM

As Venus had a sense for Serena last year :confused:

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Seraena :worship:

winchester
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Great points there and there, but overall it was pathetic, I give you this game, give me this one:rolleyes:

Adaora
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Their 'sisterly' love always seemed one-sided to me.

Adaora
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Anyways, congrats Serena!! and goodluck in 2010 Venus!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah: Great win!

Good luck in the next round :hug:

2Black
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
CONGRATS SERENA ... You are so GANGSTA!!! :lol:

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM

That's really unfair statement to make because Serena won.

Serena loves Venus very much. She has said as much, but treats her like an opponent when they play one another. Nothing wrong with that. Venus does the same thing.

Olórin
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM

You people really are sickeningly desperate.

I suppose, it's just like Venus' love was oh so apparent when she ripped Serena a new one at this same stage last year. This is tennis, not a family Sunday lunch: get a grip.

Thkmra
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
who cares...

Obviously you, else you wouldn't have posted!!:wavey:

volta
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:41 PM

itS not serenas fault if she manages to do a better job at dealing with this kind of pressure then Venus and just because Serena sees Venus as her opponent (which she is) doesnt mean that she doesnt like Venus as much as Venus likes her. Its as hard for Serena to play Venus as it is for Venus to play Serena so lets cut the bs. Thats an insult to both of them

Viktymise
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
The first set was about the best Venus has played off the ground nearly all year, I thought. There were games were she was hitting nothing but winners.

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
You people really are sickeningly desperate.

I suppose, it's just like Venus' love was oh so apparent when she ripped Serena a new one at this same stage last year. This is tennis, not a family Sunday lunch: get a grip.

God, I want to see a Williams Sunday lunch. For some reason I think it would just be awesome.

new-york
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Serena doesn't have to show anything, she has to win the match.

Venus didn't look sorry when she gave her a bagel last year, she just has to re-learn how to take opportunities.

Venus fails to deliver yet again.

Win it all Serena. :yeah:

jefrilibra
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
LMFAO @ these fools trying to analyze the sisters' relationship just by watching one match.

They both have too much love and respect for each other ... virtues which obviously are alien to your hating asses!

MBM
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
ugh, i already posted in this thread but I didn't mention how pissed i am... MATCH POINT VENUS!!!!! ffs

manu32
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
sunday's shrinks

!Gio!
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
poor Vee!!! you had that match won:(
but congrats to Serena, she is the number one!

The Kaz
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Serena tried to tank the match for Venus, but she is such a hot mess couldn't even play well enopugh to take it :o

The Dawntreader
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
The quality was less than mediocre for the majority of the match until the final game and TB. There were momentum swings, but they wern't captivating and they were so random too. Serena's AWFUL game when serving for the match was cringe-worthy.

Venus looked the most eager i've seen her since Wimby, but she was still unable to find her serve when she needed it. So sporadic, and her second serve was killing her. The stats must read ugly for Venus there. I thought Sam Smith on British Europsport had a good point actually about Venus's movement.

I can say for sure, and i know injury afflicted her at the USO, but her explosiveness out of the corners has not been a feature since Wimbledon. She was toiling behind the baseline every time Serena jerled her off court with sharp, acute angles, and she seemed unable to hold her court positioning. It's a little bit sad to see Venus lacking confidence, and it's not even that tangible either. It's just the fundamental things aren't being maintained on big points in big matches. I think that Wimby final hurt much more than we ever envisaged. This match too, with Serena so in trouble and presenting so many oppurtunities with her lacksadasical play, must've been painful.

Despite Serena's often purposeless play, she is looking the most effective off the ground in a non-Slam tournament since probably Charleston last year. Her play down a MP was mega clutch. A raking forehand winner down the line was just amazing courage, especially as she looked so tetchy off the ground beforehand. Also that penultimate shot to set up match-point:worship:

Serena looks good to me. Even if on just instinct alone.

delicatecutter
Serena tried to tank the match for Venus, but she is such a hot mess couldn't even play well enopugh to take it :o

This is unacceptable!

youizahoe
Serena did a lousy job of tanking, and venus impressed with her way of choking :D

sammy01
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:54 PM
i love it when theres a really tight match between the sisters, as then certain fans of each sister through shit at each other. its funny seeing them throw it at each other than everyone else lol

Lucemferre
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Great points there and there, but overall it was pathetic, I give you this game, give me this one:rolleyes:

Why would Serena save a match point if it was 'give me this I give you that'? :weirdo: Was it fixed too :spit:

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
It was a good match, they both fought really hard. I'm proud of my girls. Venus would have beaten anybody else today, but we all know Serena how sister has the little sister complex and loves to beat Venus at all costs.

Michael!
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM
That was somehow expected, they both play pretty bad when they play against each other, almost always over 3 sets anyway...great quality in between, then some totally :help: games!
Serena isn´t in best shape, played already not "that great" against Svetlana, and this choking today from her today in 2nd and 3rd set is actally not typical for her.
Venus was the better player then after she came back from 1-4* and 3-5* to 6-5, but it was clear that she wouldnt be able the to make the important points in the end! I mean, since the US Open she almost lost every match, often tight ones , like yesterday!
Serena once again played good tennis as it was important, while Venus was sucking again in such situations :mad:

Bijoux0021
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:59 PM
The haters are disappointed that Serena didn't give them another opportunity to accuse her and her sister of match-fixing. I'm sure they'll play each other a few more times before they retire from tennis. You'll just have to wait for their next meeting. :devil:

phelbyn
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Oh God! Drop the "real #1" crap. Do we really need to praise her lackluster season?

Good win though.

CoolDude7
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats, Serena.

Venus.. take some time away and work majorly on your endurance.. i think that is your main problem.. skip start of the next season and ask for a wildcard in Wimbledon.

tonythetiger
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I didn't see the whole match, but you could clearly see during that final set tie break that Venus tried her best and really wanted to win. I'm happy with that even though she couldn't pull it off. Hopefully this will increase her desire for the Aussie championship since she played so well last yearend just to flop out in the second round in Austrailia.

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:16 PM
NICE JOB SERENA!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I like how the #1 ranking is being traded back and forth. :lol:
And then at the end of the year...BAM!!... Serena snares it. :p

-VSR-
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Good on Serena, she's in the SF's and #1 again! :thumbsup:

Too bad Venus, looks like she's done for the year after her last match. Singles season = let down. :o

Galsen
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:28 PM
well second set was the worse thing ever...
the end was cool the first set something wasn't that bad
Venus please go to the SF

tenn_ace
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Girls played a good match. I thought Venus deserved the win more, but Serena is hard rock under pressure and again her serve got her through.

friendsita
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:34 PM
omg V!
Well done Serena.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:41 PM
WOW!

just got back from work and saw this. unbelievable Serena. this is why i think she still would have beaten kim.

Venus will tank against Elena to rest up which is fine by me. Serena Williams never seems to surprise us. saved a match point and beat two very great players in 2 days. GREAT JOB SERENA!!!

Marshmallow
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Oh guys please stop with this OH VENUS wailing! The situation is NOT THAT DIRE.

I was encouraged a bit by Venus’ performance actually. :unsure:

Put it into perspective, she came in to the tournament low on confidence playing poorly, and didn’t play that well against Elena at all. I didn’t see the whole match but Venus’ striking seemed to get better at the end of the match than what I saw in the second set. She was snatching at the ball a lot in the second – trying too hard to make something happen, but under late in the third, her swings were more fluid. Serena had to come up with good tennis to win those crucial points – match point down, and to create match point in the tiebreak. Venus had match point sure, but Serena would have won that point against anyone playing like that. Stunning aggressive backhand down the line that Venus did well to get to. Venus should have won the next point she’d opened up the court nicely, but that forehand miss is the sort of thing she can do even when she’s been winning matches regularly. I think after a good off season, a few wins even against low ranked players and Venus might get some good form back.

Good tennis is still there inside of Venus, these isn’t about her age – she’s in a low confidence rut – not for the first time in her career mind you. I’ll wait until I see what she comes up with next season before I join the choir – if ever.

Serena well… it’s good to see her delivering under pressure. Being able to play her best under THAT much pressure is just … :worship: She didn’t have the intensity she had against Kuzzy but it’s in there. She is the title favourite for sure, it’d be good if she could take the ranking while holding 2 slams and the YEC. *\o/*

But I AM a Veenut so :shrug: :lol:

Galsen
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:50 PM

Put it into perspective, she came in to the tournament low on confidence playing poorly, and didn’t play that well against Elena at all. I didn’t see the whole match but Venus’ striking seemed to get better at the end of the match than what I saw in the second set. She was snatching at the ball a lot in the second – trying too hard to make something happen, but under late in the third, her swings were more fluid. Serena had to come up with good tennis to win those crucial points – match point down, and to create match point in the tiebreak. Venus had match point sure, but Serena would have won that point against anyone playing like that. Stunning aggressive backhand down the line that Venus did well to get to. Venus should have won the next point she’d opened up the court nicely, but that forehand miss is the sort of thing she can do even when she’s been winning matches regularly. I think after a good off season, a few wins even against low ranked players and Venus might get some good form back.

Good tennis is still there inside of Venus, these isn’t about her age – she’s in a low confidence rut – not for the first time in her career mind you. I’ll wait until I see what she comes up with next season before I join the choir – if ever.

Serena well… it’s good to see her delivering under pressure. Being able to play her best under THAT much pressure is just … :worship: She didn’t have the intensity she had against Kuzzy but it’s in there. She is the title favourite for sure, it’d be good if she could take the ranking while holding 2 slams and the YEC. *\o/*

actually I was too
I mean she played so bad in the third from the beginning until 4-1 and after that she played really well I think...
I hope she'll play just like the end of this match

Marshmallow
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
actually I was too
I mean she played so bad in the third from the beginning until 4-1 and after that she played really well I think...

*Relief* I'm not alone *\o/*
Just have my fingers and everything crossed that Venus has for got her feel back and will be able to play at that level for most of the match against Kuzzy.

But even if she doesn't, the YEC is already crossed off the to do list. Doubles is where it's really at :unsure: :lol:

Ciarán
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Step

Down.

Pops Maellard
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:19 PM
It shouldn't have been this close, but well done Serena. 2-0 now. :woohoo:

Sammm
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Venus :shrug: please take the match and set points you have against serena :mad:

:rolleyes: at everyone who said Serena would tank in straights. (Yes, TBE, I'm talking about you.) Can everyone stop acting like Venus and Serena are that dishonest?

Dodoboy.
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:33 PM
First Set - Easily one of the best this year! Winner after WINNER after WINNER! So exciting to watch!

Second Set - Strong case for one of the worse :tape:

The end of the third set was BRILLIANT from both!

Their matches are normally error fests sprinkled with some OUT OF THIS PLANET rallies. This match had a handful, you just have to stand back in awe at what these two can produce sometimes. Amazing tow atch!

Venus :banghead: Stop losing tiebreaks!!!!! For fuck's sakes! But Ree did serve BOMBS to make sure she got out of trouble :sad: So many thoughts on this match, i'll just sum it up with Serena :bigclap:

youizahoe
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Winner after winner? I saw 30 UE in that 1st set.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:36 PM
First Set - Easily one of the best this year! Winner after WINNER after WINNER! So exciting to watch!

I agree, when the WS hit 36 Winners and half the Errors inbetween them, its something special.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM

Venus - 21 Winners/9 Unforced errors

Serena - 15 Winners/10 Unforced errors

Dodoboy.
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Most people on this board totally forgot about the first set!

There were 19 errors between them :shrug: For a 12 game set, that's spectacular.

Cakeisgood
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
It was a good match, they both fought really hard. I'm proud of my girls. Venus would have beaten anybody else today, but we all know Serena how sister has the little sister complex and loves to beat Venus at all costs.

yeah....no.

Vee was a hot mess today.

Craigy
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
:spit: I don't even know. Go Serena!

Mynarco
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Venus :help:
Serena tried to let her go but venus UE and inconsistency killed her.

simonsaystennis
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Serena :)

Ellery
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Congrats Serena!

Midnight_Robber
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Well - I liked the first set from Venus and I freakin' wish that she would play like that for an entire two sets in a match. :rolleyes: 29 winners and 9 UFEs is a fairly good standard of tennis methinks.:lol: But...Venus was way too inconsistent after that set and 1 good set of tennis won't cut it. ANd I won't even say anything about her abysmal record in tie-breaks this year. :help:

But people often overlook those occasions when they had high quality stats against each other. But when they do - it's good to watch. While they were some amazing rallies in the rest of the match and Serena showed off her serve especially in clutch moments - the overall quality was very er... up and down.

Let's see if Serena can go all the way now.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I really wish i could have watched this epic battle ( from start to finish ) live :awww: . I ran some errands thinking the JJ vs Dina match would run about 2 hrs :p.

Congrats Serena!

LightWarrior
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
It was going to 3 sets anyway, that was a given. So Venus still has her chances I guess.

DimaDinosaur
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
even serena felt like venus doesn't deserve a spot in the semis!!! :lol:

V's a star
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Holly Fuck Im Done Vee!!!

cellophane
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Serena Stab Volley in the 3rd :drool:

serenafan08
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:25 AM
So let's see...Serena has saved match point four times this year (twice in Sydney, once at Wimbledon and tonight). Is she the best fighter the game has seen? I think so. I really wanna see this match. :sad:

RVD
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:48 AM
So let's see...Serena has saved match point four times this year (twice in Sydney, once at Wimbledon and tonight). Is she the best fighter the game has seen? I think so. I really wanna see this match. :sad:Which is why I wanted so badly to witness an uninterrupted completion of her US Open match with Kim. :sad:
But alas, it wasn't to be. :awww:

miffedmax
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:04 AM
:ras:

Now it's time for Lena and Rena...I've been on the phone with Lena all day trying to convince her to a) grow back her bangs and b) this match is an exo...

azinna
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:08 AM
More proof that the ending for that US Open semi was such a shame...

:worship: to Serena whenever she's MP down.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:42 AM
More proof that the ending for that US Open semi was such a shame...

:worship: to Serena whenever she's MP down.

exactly. that will haunt her for awhile. exactly why i think next year she'll be serious as hell in the slams, winning 3 out of the 4.

bandabou
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Serena is just soooo CLUTCH! She kinda almost lost it after being up in the 3rd set but she regrouped and then played a brilliant TB. That backhand passing shot? :worship:

Vee? What can you say..it's like the reverse of last year. Last year she was coming from behind to win, now she's letting games slip away.

ttaM
Oct 29th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Venus is allergic to the YEC

winchester
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Venus is allergic to the YEC

She won last year :lol: let's just say it's not her year, she struggles badly since Wfinal, we all knew she had zero chances to defend her title.

Acinolbaj
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
what a result :worship: It must have been very nice match.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:22 AM
what a result :worship: It must have been very nice match.

:rolls:

First set- easily the best set of the year

Second set - Probably the worst

winchester
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:27 AM
:rolls:

First set- easily the best set of the year

Second set - Probably the worst

I noticed that too, everytime Venus wins a set over Ree, or matches over Ree it's because she is playing well. On the other hand, when Serena it's mostly due to Venus mistakes and lack of focus.

Lunatiq
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Venus fucking bottled that. Fucking hell. Pathetic.

:help:

Renalicious
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Well done Serena. :woohoo: :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:46 PM
:ras:

Now it's time for Lena and Rena...I've been on the phone with Lena all day trying to convince her to a) grow back her bangs and b) this match is an exo...

:lol: and i've been convincing serena that it's actually a slam! :devil:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I noticed that too, everytime Venus wins a set over Ree, or matches over Ree it's because she is playing well. On the other hand, when Serena it's mostly due to Venus mistakes and lack of focus.

so serena only wins because of....:rolls:

Yonexforever
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Serena looked like she was waiting to see how much she would have to fight or if Venus was going to bring the fight in the first set.
Once that first set was over, GAME ON!!!

winchester
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
so serena only wins because of....:rolls:

All I know is in that match, Serena didn't play that well to win the last 2 sets. It was mostly Venus failing as usual against her sister in BIG matches.

AcesHigh
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Venus HOT MESS Williams can't win a fucking tiebreak to save her life.

:spit: at people using this as a reason why Serena could have won the match against Kim.. WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Anyways, congrats Rena on keeping the #1 position and making the semi's. She deserves it more than anyone.

BlameSerena
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:54 PM

:spit: at people using this as a reason why Serena could have won the match against Kim.. WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Anyways, congrats Rena on keeping the #1 position and making the semi's. She deserves it more than anyone.

I'd love to borrow your crystal ball when you're done! :rolleyes:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I'd love to borrow your crystal ball when you're done! :rolleyes:

Are you sure? Its probably stuck up his ass, like everything else.

No wonder he oozes shit everywhere

Sombrerero loco
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:07 PM
was a horrible match
but glad to see serena defeating vee

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM

Serena won, because she was better on the important points.
Venus didn't lose focus, Serena hit a gear above Venus in the TB.

youizahoe
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Are you actually that retarded to think Kim would have won MP against Serena? It's not that you get a MP against Serena, you'll win the match. She has had MP before in each GS SF and EACH time she managed to turn it around and win the tournament.

Serena-rules-no1
Oct 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
very bad for serena making it so tight against such a muggish player

Marshmallow
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM

An in tune Veenut too :p

actually I was too

*Relief* I'm not alone *\o/*
Just have my fingers and everything crossed that Venus has for got her feel back and will be able to play at that level for most of the match against Kuzzy.

But even if she doesn't, the YEC is already crossed off the to do list. Doubles is where it's really at :unsure: :lol:

Serena Attila and Marshmallow = Voices of reason. Venus continued that run of form and delivered in a BIG WAY. So proud of our girl.

bandabou
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:05 AM
So this is like the 3rd or 4th time this year that Serena wins a mp down?
Did it against Woz and Stosur at Sydney, against Dementieva and now against Vee.

What's the record for most matches won from mp down in one year? It's just amazing.

rucolo
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Well done, Serena!:banana:

Serve helped in this match. Serena finished the match with an ace.:drool:
11 Aces, 3 DFs.

What a choke from Serena leading 4-1 and 5-3 in 3rd set.:o:help:
Then at 5-6 match point down but Serena fought back to win it in Tie Break.:worship:
Almost had heart attack because of this huge choking in set 3.

But most important is Serena WON, and Venus LOST.:D

Serena is year-end #1!:hearts::woohoo: