PDA

View Full Version : If Wozniacki is a "pusher" . .

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
then Nadal is a "pusher." She played great tennis today.

volta
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
that's what they call him on mens forum anyway :lol:

Slutiana
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
You obviously didn't see Davydenko vs Nadal. :tape:

markhingis
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Agreed! she hit lots of winner and some points were amazing. Especially that 2-2 game in the second. That 5th game must have lasted 20+ minutes. Calling her a pusher is so unfair. But I'd rather be a pusher than brainless ball-basher.

Dini.
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:21 PM
He's called a moonballer not a pusher. :p

But yeah he does play defensive tennis quite a lot. Especially when he's tight.

Beat
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
then Nadal is a "pusher."

well, he is.

Noctis
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Azarenkas Forum

Mrs. Dimitrova
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Fine, Nadal is a pusher then. :lol:

madmax
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
nope, "pusher" is too nice of a word for him - he's simply a talentless moonballer...

Slutiana
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Fail thread. :sobbing:

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Okay. I didn't know so may people considered Nadal a "pusher." I guess the term must now be a compliment because Nadal plays great tennis - as does Wozniacki. Or at least she did today which means she's got the game to do it.

danieln1
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I thought the same thing.... how a pusher can hit 22 winners on a SINGLE set?? I donīt even know how many in the match... those stupid haters...

But caro can play like a pusher if she wants, but only when she doesnīt know what to do! She just should stick with the game she played today: smart and agressive when it counts!

propi
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
nope, "pusher" is too nice of a word for him - he's simply a talentless moonballer...
I bet he would love to have your tennis skills ;) :p

Miss Amor
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Just because she was allowed to hit winners in 1 set throughout the year, she is an aggressive player now? Have you seen her play rest of the year?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I thought the same thing.... how a pusher can hit 22 winners on a SINGLE set?? I donīt even know how many in the match... those stupid haters...

even Stevie Wonder could have hit 22 winners in 2nd set
Vika was just giving gentle practice to her, go on hit a winner, mid court put aways

phelbyn
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
He's called a moonballer not a pusher. :p

But yeah he does play defensive tennis quite a lot. Especially when he's tight.

Nadal plays nothing but pusher tennis. But it goes to show that a strong pusher can make it in the rankings. Caro is no different than Nadal. She will have her share of Grand Slams in the future.

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Just because she was allowed to hit winners ib 1 set throughout the year, she is an aggressive player now? Have you seen her play rest of the year?
Ah I see - allowed to hit winners. Okay let's roll with that. So, if she's not hitting winners because she's not being "allowed" to, then she can't be a "pusher." A "pusher" plays that style game because it is their preferred game, not because the other player is keeping them off balance and off their game. By definition, a "pusher" isn't even thinking about hitting winners, they only want to force the other player into an error.

Yonexforever
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Im always amazed at match ups.
Azarenka can give Serena ALL she can handle, but lose matches like these and others!

Miss Amor
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Ah I see - allowed to hit winners. Okay let's roll with that. So, if she's not hitting winners because she's not being "allowed" to, then she can't be a "pusher." A "pusher" plays that style game because it is their preferred game, not because the other player is keeping them off balance and off their game. By definition, a "pusher" isn't even thinking about hitting winners, they only want to force the other player into an error.

When the ball lands in the middle of the court and sits up, even a pusher will think of hitting a winner :shrug: As I said its not like she does that time and time again and everyone still calls her a pusher. She plays with the mentality of getting the balls in play and executes it, a short ball in her court and even she will hit a winner :) Her whole USO matches come to mind, when she barely hit any winners (Even the net cord had more winners than her in one of the matches)

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM
When the ball lands in the middle of the court and sits up, even a pusher will think of hitting a winner :shrug:
Clearly you didn't watch the match today.

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
It comes down to what I posted in the "pusher thread." It's a term that has many different meanings to people. It would be cool if the ITF came out with a defined guide so that there'd be more consensus on styles of play.

Miss Amor
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
When the ball lands in the middle of the court and sits up, even a pusher will think of hitting a winner :shrug: As I said its not like she does that time and time again and everyone still calls her a pusher. She plays with the mentality of getting the balls in play and executes it, a short ball in her court and even she will hit a winner :) Her whole USO matches come to mind, when she barely hit any winners (Even the net cord had more winners than her in one of the matches)

even Stevie Wonder could have hit 22 winners in 2nd set
Vika was just giving gentle practice to her, go on hit a winner, mid court put aways

Clearly you didn't watch the match today.

I guess the people who have different opinion than you clearly didn't watch the match.

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I guess the people who have different opinion than you clearly didn't watch the match.
Hmm . if you think I'm saying that watching the match would make you not call her a "pusher" - then no that's not it. You'll have your opinion whatever. But your talk about balls sitting up in the middle of the court for the winners Wozniacki went for - that makes me wonder if you really watched the match.

Yorker
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
she did hit winners today and played more aggressive, if she plays like this consistently then i have no problem with her game, but she does go in pusher mode a lot. if she continues this play then my label of her as pusher will go away, but this is only one match, if she does it again then i'm fine with that.