PDA

View Full Version : Doha: Wozniacki gets up from her deathbed and beats Vika 1-6 6-4 7-5

Ferg
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
:haha: Watch her make the final.

Vika how could you?! :tape: Match point wasted and all.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
What a match :speakles: :rolls:

Uranium
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

cellophane
Epic. Pushniacki :hearts:

-jenks-
Carol!! :bounce:

Very entertaining match! Kinda felt bad for Vika though! :hug:

Effy
:dance: Caro :devil:

delicatecutter
What injury? :spit:

Vaidisova
Vika :(

ElusiveChanteuse
Vika :weirdo:
Caro :worship: She's not become a pusher anymore with her injury.:worship:

Optima
Caroline! :hearts:

I don't mind her so much anymore.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:13 PM
yay!!!! very good match actually....well done caro!!!! :bounce:

Steff_forever
Caro :bowdown: :worship: :smooch:

Vika :cuckoo:
watching too much of Serena's outburst ?

CloudAtlas
Fuck yes. That's what you call mentally strong bitches unlike most of the current top 10.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Awesome win Caro, great fight in the end of the third set :kiss:
As for Azarenka, geez, when will she stop acting like that? :rolleyes: Perheps the warnings she received will give her some thought...

Mikey.
Vika WTF :crying2: She's such a choker lately.

Well done Caro I guess :D

Slutiana
:spit: Vika is a psycho, seriously. :help: she seriously just threw it away.

And so even newer lows for the WTA. :help:

-jenks-
Caro hit 32 winners!! :bowdown:

Elwin.
This match had EVERYTHING :inlove:

Vika :spit: What a mental midget she is.
Well done for hanging in there Caro :yeah: She kept fighting:) Injured MY ASS :rolleyes:

cellophane
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Caroline! :hearts:

I don't mind her so much anymore.

Neither do I. Entertaining match!

InsideOut.
Impressive from Wozniacki :worship: Great fight

Azarenka is sooooooo bitchy and emotional on the court :o

améliemomo
caroline has a BIG BIG BIG HEART and deserved to win there

congrats to her!:worship:

CloudAtlas
32 winners from Caro :inlove:

akosiirwyn

my sentiments exactly!! :eek: Caro :yeah:

way to blow up Vika :o

VIKA?
Fuck You Victoria.

Mynarco
one MP :o
2 :tape: moment for Victoria Azarenka:
5-4* deuce, caro made a stupid dropshot, vika should have hit harder to make 2nd MP, but she hit too soft and let Caro make a passingshot winner:o
5*-5 15-0, Vika missed a smash :o

Keegan
Most boring, shitfilled match I've watched all year.

What the fuck Azarenka? You lost to an "injured" player.

allrounder
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Well done Caro :yeah: very good fighting and a deserved win.

Vika :sobbing: brilliant first set but after that she was way too passive and allowed Caro to take control of too many points. This has been her problem since Wimbledon with her game. She was just so careless everytime she got herself into a promising position. Please win your last match against Safina and play aggressive all the way through and you'l be fine :yeah: Her stats were still pretty good 47W/41UE but she needs to look to dominate all the way through her matches and stop taking her foot off the gas.

I'm not sure how many more of these heartbreaking losses i can take though :sad:

Beat
thank god for that.

tea
Aza:haha:

Caroline:bowdown: what a spirit, what a fight:worship:

Feyd
Good job Caro. One of the best matches she has played.

helio_c
Caro congrats!
Great girl and great game :)

Vika, control your emotions, girl :o

MBM
Yay!

Edinboro
Amazing match! And Caro was NOT pushing this time and if she would play like that more often she would gain a lot more respect at this board.

I am now starting to see what people thing about Vika. She needs to get her emotions under control. She should have won that 3rd set 6-1. Biggest choke of the year. Not to mention a point penalation for bad conduct giving Wozzy the chance to serve it out.

Adal
Well done, Caroline :worship: Just so tough mentally.

Vika :tape: She should have won this, too bad she's just so mentally retarded. Shame though, she really has a great game, but she just can't close out those tight and important matches.

madmax
Pushniacki just kept on frustrating Vika, untill she broke down eventually...what a shame, she had this match under her belt.

Andreas
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:16 PM
47 winners, 43 errors from Vika.
She played a really good match and had a chance on the match point :tears:

Amazing match though. Not that happy Caro won - I really, really want Vika to qualify :crying2:

DragonFlame
That was a win pure on character and mental strength. Very very well done, she came out of tough situations playing some great tennis. Attacking tennis as well.:worship: Today she made me happy with what she showed.:D

mickymouse
Great fight from Caro. She really drove Vika mad. :lol:

perseus2006
This is what happens when a power player decides to be a pusher rather than going for her shots.

Congrats to Caro.

Vika, your punishment is to watch your play in this match 100 times!!!

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Vika was so close to the semis but couldn't close it out. Now she has a day off which is a huge advantage over Caro after this 3 hour match.

Both of them should good fight.

Brena
She's winning this thing, I knew it! :worship:
Viktoria, you are nuts. :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Fuck You Victoria.

oh my :lol: :hug:

Aaric
Caroline :inlove: Keep going !!!

John.
:spit: Life threatening career ending injury my ass

Great fight though from Caro - So strong mentally (or are the rest of the top 10 just so weak mentally)

Mrs. Dimitrova
Caroline got out of pusher mode today.

Slutiana
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah, what was that pushing by Vika? :spit::help:

Joana
Oh, Azza. :azza:

Illusionist
Amazing match... Vika blew it at the end :( but Caroline was amazing today, I really liked how she played the 2nd set.

Nacho
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:19 PM
nice comeback Caro :yeah:

the better player prevailed :inlove:

Broseghini
:lol:

Roookie
Yes!...suck it Victoria.

BuTtErFrEnA
how do you push your way to 32 winners??? i mean yea she pushes at times but some of her matches i've seen her play attacking :shrug:

RND
Well deserved win! WIN IT ALL CARO!

ElusiveChanteuse
Vika still lost despite having won 10 more points than Caro and had a +4 of Winners/UE ratio.:haha: She could've won if she didn't go :fierce:.:cuckoo:
But Caro hit 32 winners.:bowdown:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Caro :woohoo: :hearts:

Marionated
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
The quality of the second set was very good, especially from Wozniacki, probably the best I've ever seen her play in terms of offensive tennis. The rest of it ranged from average to awful. Too many repetitive rallies for my liking. Still by far the best match we've seen though. Azarenka needs to see a sports psychologist :help:

FERLKE
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:22 PM
crazy match :lol:

Caro :bowdown:

Azarenka is a choker :hug:

Derek.
Well done, Caro! :D

Shame for Vika, though. :sad:

The Untouchable
Amazing match.Quality, drama, entertainment, had it all. :worship:

Should be an epic rivalry in the future.:devil:

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Vika played like a 10k player in 2nd set
just putting balls back gently in middle of court and Wozniacki was hitting winners

just :cuckoo:

Rumkin
Nice meltdown Vika :o

zvonarevarulz
Tbh. Neither player deserved this match.

Adrian.
Very good match from both:drool::hearts::yeah:
Vika, I love ya:inlove:
This was so great:haha:

Did you notice the flirting by Caro and Kadah???:spit:

Convoluted
Caro :worship: She shows mental strength without being a bitch :worship:

Vee Williams
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM
It was indeed a very entertaining match! Now Caro leads her group.

delicatecutter
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Poor Azarenka. :bigcry:

Slutiana
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Most boring, shitfilled match I've watched all year.

What the fuck Azarenka? You lost to an "injured" player.

Well done, Caro! :D

Shame on Vika, though. :help:
Edited. :hysteric:
Vika played like a 10k player in 2nd set
just putting balls back gently in middle of court and Wozniacki was hitting winners

just :cuckoo:
:sobbing:

is1531
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
This is a match that Wozniacki clearly deserved. Vicki does not play with her head. Vicki is suppose to know before the match even begins, that she is suppose to pummel Caroline's forehand all day long until Caroline overplays her right side. Instead, Vicki hit too many shots to the backhand of Wozniacki and then showed a poor display of mixing in dropshots.

For the most part, with the exception of the midway portion of the 3rd set, Vicki chooses not to step into short shorts from Caroline, but instead chooses to just plant her feet and just hit the ball. Those kinds of mistakes allowed Caroline to get back into rallies

Vicki had no serve after the ist set, let alone the ability to compose hersef. How many times was she up 30-0 and was outplayed the rest of that game? The biggest blunder occurred at 4-2 Vicki in set 3. Vicki was leading 30-0, but on the next rally Vicki became content by hitting 3 shots done the middle with Caroline cashing in the point and the game. Right there, that was the biggest play of the match which gave Caroline all the confidence she needed.

You have to give Wozniacki credit. She won the last 4 games after trailing 5-3. After watching Vicki crack up this year against Dulko, this car crash was nothing new for me. Vicki must learn to control herself, but also remember the strategy that is necessary to win a match. Caroline played great defense in sets 2 and 3.

Noctis
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Caroline Cleveriacki Def Victoria Brainlessrenka

Izzie.
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Caro, Sunshine, well done! <3
Vika...I love your bratty self but if you want to win CONTROL YOURSELF

Steff_forever
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Tbh. Neither player deserved this match.
or both - if you don't hate them :kiss:

Steff_forever
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Very good match from both:drool::hearts::yeah:
Vika, I love ya:inlove:
This was so great:haha:

Did you notice the flirting by Caro and Kadah???:spit:
just lovely :hearts:

propi
Caro, great play :bounce: :bounce:
Victoria, go back to kindergarden, grow up and then take a racquet :rolleyes:
As much as I like her playing her awful behaviour is make me to dislike her more and more :rolleyes:

newselflee
hey, caro, what's wrong with you, a pusher is not supposed to hit 30 winners in the last 2 sets..

Sexysova
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
the best and the most entertaining match out of all four played for me.. Caro played really well since the start of the second set, especially in the second set :D

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
It's official now: Azarenka is mentally challenged. From almost clinical performance and total control in the first set to absolutely retarded change of tactics in the second. Well deserved loss!
And well played, Wozniacki! I really mean it. She was literally forced to be aggressive in the second set and you just could see how uncomfortable it was for her but she somehow overcame her natural desire not to do anything on the court. I'm impressed.

P.S.
Caro was extremely fit for someone who got out of her death bed two hours before the match :worship:

Ballbasher
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Vika !!! After Venus & Sveta, it's her turn to screw it away. :o :o :bigcry:

olivero
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM
What a great match! That was the biggest surprise for me.

Vika was totally outplaying Caro in the first set and as expected she managed to choke it away. Caro was just fitter in the end.
Both played very well. Some rallies were :hearts: Caro had some fantastic winners but the fact that she's so passive most of the time is really annoying...

Congrats Caro, deserved win and great fight :)
Vika :o you're an idiot :lol: that dropshot at the end + breaking the racquet costed her this match. Too bad.

~{X}~
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Go Caro, amazing! :D Win the group!!! :D

Dodoboy.
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Fuck yes. That's what you call mentally strong bitches unlike most of the current top 10.

Caro is in another league to most her age! Great to see!

Nikkiri
WTA :worship:

Alex03Maccy
the tennis was fairly boring most of the time but the match as a whole was actually quite compelling just to see what on earth would happen next.

Convoluted
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I might officially become an Azarenka hater. Her game is beautiful, but damn she's annoying...

Sexysova
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
zjIkVrFjkUs

Diesel
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I wanted Victoria to win, but congratulations nonetheless.

Feyd
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
This was Azarenka's 6th straight third set loss.

C. W. Fields
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
And well played, Wozniacki! I really mean it. She was literally forced to be aggressive in the second set and you just could see how uncomfortable it was for her but she somehow overcame her natural desire not to do anything on the court. I'm impressed.

Yes, unlike what some in here think Caro clearly was handicapped today by her thigh strain, and after the 1st set she realized she didn't have the speed of movement today to play her usual defence. So, like you say, she was forced to be agressive and play outside her comfort zone, and it payed off.
I hope this match will inspire Caro to be more agressive also when she's not injured.

Dodoboy.
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:45 PM
It's official now: Azarenka is mentally challenged. From almost clinical performance and total control in the first set to absolutely retarded change of tactics in the second. Well deserved loss!

P.S.
Caro was extremely fit for someone who got out of her death bed two hours before the match :worship:

I know this is coming from a hateful place, but i agree! She was amazing in the second set after 1-2! So aggressive, but she still didn't seem comfortable winning points that way! Frustrating, but she'll learn. I'm sure. For now, she knows how to win, better than any other player her age.

This was the best match this tournament, particularly the second set! So much fun to watch both players find some rhythm and then go on to lose it :rolls: Caro in the 2nd set :speakles:

saul1333
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
:sobbing: WTH how could this be?

kman
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
She beat her with that injury!!!

Caroline is one hell of a fighter.

Ryan
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
NOOOOOO. I turned off the livestream after 6-1 Vika. :lol:

WD Caro, I'm so impressed! Her fighting skills are pretty incredible, and it sounds like she played a great match. Vika :o She's so mentally unstable - I hope she pulls it together and beats Dinara/whoever replaces her so she and Caro hopefully go through to the Semis.

Anyone have highlights/the match they can post? Thanks!

kman
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:59 PM
That was a win pure on character and mental strength. Very very well done, she came out of tough situations playing some great tennis. Attacking tennis as well.:worship: Today she made me happy with what she showed.:D

Isn't that what I've always said? Caroline mental strength > Vika's mental stregnth and mental strength is at least half of it at this level.

!Gio!
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Congrats to Caro and her fans, she deserved her win!:)

miffedmax
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, once again and epic struggle between two members of my LOB.

All is going according to my evil plan for global domination. Tonight LOB member (bangs exemption) Venus will defeat non-LOBster Serena and humanity's last hope will be destroyed.

Bwa ha ha ha ha. My banganizer ray is almost ready! Soon everyone will have bangs like Lena's! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

*Jool*
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:02 PM
:woohoo: congrats Caro !

Dunlop1
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Love it.
Such a fighter!!
Caro :hearts::hearts:

Dunlop1
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:05 PM

:eek::eek:

:worship: Caro, future #1 (after Henin regains it of course :angel:)

darkangel23
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Caroline :worship:

Blu€
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Yay!! Caro :hearts::hearts: such a fighter :worship:

timafi
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I can't stand either one of them but I can tolerate Wozniacki more :lol:
I was rooting for her to beat the yeller:lol: :help:

gmak
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:26 PM
caro :)great fight
should win her group now

vika :rolleyes: :(
yet another meltdown
she can still qualify though

égalité
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
omg :worship: shut up the haters pushniacki :bowdown:

AndreConrad
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Congrats Caroline :yeah:

fish_wilson
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM
It was an entertaining match to watch, and I was kind of impressed how Caro was able to actually go for her 1st serve more in her last two service games when she saw that Vika was returning so well she had to do something. Sad Vika lost though and she was actually keeping her composure almost the whole match through, with only some frustration showing at the end, and I just love the way she broke her racket even more after she received the point deduction, might as well just finish the job she must have though. Gotta love her and I hope she will be able to pull through to the semis. No real Azarenka Zone in this match though, so theres much more to come, just need some more practice handling the heat, and I mean that both literary and metaphorically.

frenchie
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM
YESSS

the kind of result that makes me happy

and all the board will go crazy

kman
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM
and I just love the way she broke her racket even more after she received the point deduction, might as well just finish the job she must have though. Gotta love her

Y-E-A-H! Gotta love her for smashing her racket!

JadeFox
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Well, once again and epic struggle between two members of my LOB.

All is going according to my evil plan for global domination. Tonight LOB member (bangs exemption) Venus will defeat non-LOBster Serena and humanity's last hope will be destroyed.

Bwa ha ha ha ha. My banganizer ray is almost ready! Soon everyone will have bangs like Lena's! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

I have to say I quite like your evil plan. :devil:

As for the match itself...I wish I could've seen it. Congrats Caro! :bounce:

Oh Vika! Learn to control your temper girl! :help:

pokey camp
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM

P.S.
Yes, there's definitely something off about Azarenka. Mentality. It's hard to believe in a player who is this self-destructive. IA that she needs a sports psychologist asap.

Caro on the other hand doesn't have those sorts of limitations. (Yet?) She's the most mentality sound of all of the younger players. Just because she doesn't have a game face or scream and growl doesn't mean she's not mentality tough. All things being fairly equal, she should beat Azarenka more often than she loses to her. Well deserved win. :worship:

Hugh.
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I thought it was all over after the first set...but how wrong was I! :lol:

Amazing fighting by Caro! :worship: Such attacking tennis aswell :hearts: Really well done! :yeah:

And Vika :lol: she really needs to get a grip of that temper of hers.

Martian Jeza
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Unexpected result but well a very pleasant one, Caroline ! Very good job and keep it up ! Nice to shut your haters up by performing and fighting on the court ! :hug:

Conor
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I really enjoyed the match, was very impressed with Caro... never seen her use her forehand to that effect before. And that many winners from her too. Well done.

Vika... calm down. Please.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
awesome caroline! knew you could do it!!! :)

Sombrerero loco
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM
grat match!!the best one of today...

Joe.
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:27 PM
good win for caro :) she was more attacking then usual, which has made me like her more :)

vika :hug: its a real shame :( but hopefully she will still reach the semis :)

Sombrerero loco
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
yeah, she needs winning zvonareva or loosing in 3 sets either

iPatty
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Wozniacki out of pusher mode? I need to watch this when it replays tonight.

The only thing really annoying with her now is all these stupid pre-match injury excuses, they are really just becoming a nuisance. There is obviously nothing wrong with her...actually there never is, even when her idiot father says she is on her deathbed. I guess she is not to blame for that, but her camp just needs to have their mouths sewn shut.

PLP
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Great win!

BTW,
IMHO Caro can make the semis at least!
The end of this year could really give her confidence going into next season, she has a really great chance at winning a slam next year. :angel:

kman
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Wozniacki out of pusher mode? I need to watch this when it replays tonight.

The only thing really annoying with her now is all these stupid pre-match injury excuses, they are really just becoming a nuisance. There is obviously nothing wrong with her...actually there never is, even when her idiot father says she is on her deathbed. I guess she is not to blame for that, but her camp just needs to have their mouths sewn shut.

Her service motion was clearly hampered by her thigh injury.

Her father never said she was on her deathbed.

teddyboysmith2
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
i was right i said caro in 3 :)

cn ireland
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Great win for Caro:yeah:!

LoveFifteen
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Caro is showing that the most important weapon on today's tour is not killer groundstrokes, a huge serve, or Hingis-like finesse. It's mental strength. Tragic, but respectable. :shrug:

Eduardo Oliveira
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
:worship: Caro
Vika :tape: :help:

fouc
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Another point penalty this year at major event :tape:

Good stuff from Woz!

sooll.x
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
good job Caro!

Cakeisgood
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:17 PM
32 Winners??!!?? :o

saska77
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:21 PM
oooh i missed this total epic :help:

does anyone have a recording?

crickey though - Aza what is going on?

lilimi
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Vika is such a mystery to me. Her game can be so perfect that it's scary :eek: but she can't handle her nerves at all :help::tape: I really expected her to win all her matches in straight sets and win the title, but her nerves exploded again :tape: the day she'll be able to handle her emotions she'll be n°1 for a while.

hankqq
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Caro hit plenty of winners in this match :shrug: I think having the injury made her just a tad more aggressive ;) :p :angel:

Azarenka totally melted down again :spit: and this is only a few weeks after blowing a 5-2 lead against Sharapova :lol: The girl has to work on her composure.

Break My Rapture
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Vika made it into a hot mess :bowdown:

LeonHart
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Caro!!! I knew you could do it girl!

ivanban
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
wow Caro :speakles:

ivanban
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
i really like this Azarenka, an original girl, great effort/attitude on court and no annoying antics - breath of fresh air

:haha:

Igor_Biscan
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:10 PM
First of all it was a good match. Caro played well, especially in the 2nd set which she dominated really. But she was aided in that 2nd set by Vika starting up with that pushing crap, mainly off the forehand. It's not the most reliable shot in the world but it was working well in the first so why get all passive in the second? Then she went on to blow several chances to consolidate her breaks of serve in the third, usually with silly shot selection or carelessness at 30-0.

Also does anyone else not mind Caro but really want to punch Piotr?

ce
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:13 PM
:(

tenn_ace
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:37 PM
damn Wozniacki won blah

Buitenzorg
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
she will lose to Vera unfortunately

SVK
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM
What happened with Vika at 5:3? She aslept?

Pops Maellard
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:27 PM
If Wozniacki played more aggressively in her other matches then maybe she'd get less shit around here. I really do think she should fire Daddy and get a new coach. Not only because a new coach would encourage her to push less, but also because Daddy Wozniacki's a bit of an embarrassment to her with all this injury-faking and exaggeration BS.

KanSuke
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM
OMG Caroline :rolls:

kman
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM
If Wozniacki played more aggressively in her other matches then maybe she'd get less shit around here. I really do think she should fire Daddy and get a new coach.

lol, no one gives a shit about what a few people on tennisforum.com thinks, except of course the few people on tennisforum.com

Stop pretending like your opinion matters.

The only thing that matters are results and daughter and father Wozniacki have not failed to reel them in by the dozens.

At least now that you've seen her play aggresively effectively, you should stop saying "all she can do is push, push, push".

But really, she should just continue to do what works and what's getting her the results. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a career, not a beauty contest.

Thank you.

Pops Maellard
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:46 PM
lol, no one gives a shit about what a few people on tennisforum.com thinks, except of course the few people on tennisforum.com

Stop pretending like your opinion matters.

The only thing that matters are results and daughter and father Wozniacki have not failed to reel them in by the dozens.

At least now that you've seen her play aggresively effectively, you should stop saying "all she can do is push, push, push".

But really, she should just continue to do what works and what's getting her the results. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a career, not a beauty contest.

Thank you.
You do realize that Vika had murdered Caro in their previous meetings this year right? That would've primarily been because Caro played in those matches like she did in the first set - hitting like 2 winners. That means an approach more like today could/would've won her those matches.

I wasn't hating in that post at all. I was only saying that she should play like that more often since it obviously would mean more success against the players like Vika who more often than not blow her ass off the court. A new coach might help her to use this aggressive mentality more often and have it not be so much outside her comfort zone.

gc-spurs
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Gutted I didn't catch it. Vika's brain exploded again? She should fix that..

yukon145
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:10 AM
great fight Caro!

AnomyBC
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I knew Caro would kick ass in this tournament as soon as I hear about her being injured. Caro NEVER loses when she's injured :inlove:

delicatecutter
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Wozniak def. Wozniacki 5-0 ret.

Kremer def. Wozniacki 5-7 0-5 ret.

kman
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:50 AM
You do realize that Vika had murdered Caro in their previous meetings this year right? That would've primarily been because Caro played in those matches like she did in the first set - hitting like 2 winners. That means an approach more like today could/would've won her those matches.

I wasn't hating in that post at all. I was only saying that she should play like that more often since it obviously would mean more success against the players like Vika who more often than not blow her ass off the court. A new coach might help her to use this aggressive mentality more often and have it not be so much outside her comfort zone.

Caroline has beaten Azarenka twice before using her good ol' defensive approach as well. At Fed Cup and at US Open.

And I know you wasn't hating in that post. I was just making a point.

Chrissie-fan
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:51 AM
WOZ WOZ WOZNIACKI!!! :banana::banana::banana::yeah:

simonsaystennis
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Vika :( Really had this but let it slip away so many times.

Well done Caro. :)

Ellery
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Congrats Caro :eek:

Stevecw
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Caro, :woohoo: well done!! I had to leave for work after suffering the 1st set!!
I feared a bad 6-1, 6-1 loss.

But wow, i saw highlights when i got home....just amazing recovery!!! :yeah:

Seeing Vika imploding is always fun, that girl has no control over her emotions. Loving that point she lost cos of being a total idiot :lol:

Well done Caro, thank you for doing that and making Vika feel like sh!t hopefully :)

Good luck to Caro and i hope she qualifies along with JJ ;)

dabossK
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:07 AM
PUSHNIACKI PUSHED HER WAY TO VICTORY!!!
wooh wooh everyone loves the pusher...

mauresmofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Mentally no question for me Caroline has it to be no.1 in the world and as early as next year. She plays high percentage tennis but is wise enough to get that she needs to be more aggressive which will happen but infused with that will be margins for error not power brainless ball bashing. She was incredible today and always gave me the sense that she was in control even though she was losing for the most part.

Njay16
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:49 AM

Stats dont lie. There was no "pushing" today

mauresmofan
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:49 AM

so when did your beloved Radwanska become a power player seeing as you are so quick to dismiss Caroline's efforts.

Keadz
Oct 29th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Great win for Caro, wish I could have watched this match

Caro winning and Vika losing is a perfect combination. :p:hearts:

Vika could be bearable if she didn't complain sssoooo much and then take it out on the ball boys, lines people, her coach, the umpire, the crowd and anybody else she has eye contact with.

DimaDinosaur
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I think you must be confused

Radwanska = talentless pusher
Wozniacki = talented

Caralenko
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Did you see Caroline's aggressive shots? :eek: :worship: When she goes for it... she goes for it! and hits it :bowdown:

Taniaaa
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Oh my god:inlove:

C. W. Fields
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:33 AM
all this injury-faking and exaggeration BS.

Her injury isn't faked. You could clearly see during yesterday's match she was handicapped. She won because she was able to work her way around the injury. But she didn't jump into her serves the way she usually does and she couldn't rely on her normal defence because she moved a little slower than usual. Why do you think Azarenka hit so many dropshots? She obviously knew Caro didn't have her usual forwards acceleration.

Pops Maellard
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Her injury isn't faked. You could clearly see during yesterday's match she was handicapped. She won because she was able to work her way around the injury. But she didn't jump into her serves the way she usually does and she couldn't rely on her normal defence because she moved a little slower than usual. Why do you think Azarenka hit so many dropshots? She obviously knew Caro didn't have her usual forwards acceleration.
Not saying she wasn't injured but as usual it was exaggerated. Anyway I actually give her credit this time for joining the dark side of brainless ballbashers and hitting 30+ winners. :p So leave me alone. :wavey: :D

GrandMartha
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Vika :weirdo:
Go Bepa :armed:

Petkorazzi
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Lovely result. :)
The mental difference between them is so significant. When Caro was down, she stepped it up. When Vika went down, she tanked. That's why Caro is #4 and will probably go up to #2 if not #1 at some point in her career and Azarenka will be the eternal "could have been".

Bronx19
Oct 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Azarenkas attitude is shocking when things go down hill.

Renalicious
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I hope this is the start of a good rivalry. :hearts:

Corswandt
Oct 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
The shape of tennis to come. :scared:

So this is what Generation Suck has in store for us: endless hours of aimless bumrooting perpetrated by limited, one-dimensional players with about as much versatility and tactical options as Anna Smashnova.

And if anyone is considering trying to sell me some Pollyanna bullshit about how this was a "thriller", don't bother. I can't for the life of me understand how any neutral (i.e. anyone who isn't a fan or hater of the players involved) observer could have found this grindfest in any way enjoyable.

In terms of game, Azarenka and Sunshine are two faces of the same coin, by-products of the ongoing bastardization standardization of playing surfaces, evolution of racquet and string technology and consequent shift to a generic game based (or perhaps more accurately, consisting exclusively) in consistency from the baseline. I'd like to think that we're at the nadir of women's tennis, but it seems that this is just the way things are going to be from now on.

Azarenka played into Sunshine's hands when, after a strong start, she engaged in one endless rally after another and let Sunshine find her rhythm. And from then on, 60% (if not 70%) of the "highlights" of this drearily mediocre match were actually produced by Sunshine.

The only thing that bothers me about the outcome is that it will perpetuate the myth that what's keeping Azarenka from winning big is her temper - not her shit FH, the overall mediocrity and predictability of her game, her lack of raw firepower on both serve and ground game, or her inability to win free points off her serve.

A good result for tennis all things considered. Sunshine's game is pedestrian and unwatchable, but casual fans who don't know any better will always like her. Azarenka by contrast has no redeeming features whatsoever, so the sooner she sinks to a ranking range better suited to her skill level (i.e. #15-25), the better.

Ryan
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM

So this is what Generation Suck has in store for us: endless hours of aimless bumrooting perpetrated by limited, one-dimensional players with about as much versatility and tactical options as Anna Smashnova.

And if anyone is considering trying to sell me some Pollyanna bullshit about how this was a "thriller", don't bother. I can't for the life of me understand how any neutral (i.e. anyone who isn't a fan or hater of the players involved) observer could have found this grindfest in any way enjoyable.

In terms of game, Azarenka and Sunshine are two faces of the same coin, by-products of the ongoing bastardization standardization of playing surfaces, evolution of racquet and string technology and consequent shift to a generic game based (or perhaps more accurately, consisting exclusively) in consistency from the baseline. I'd like to think that we're at the nadir of women's tennis, but it seems that this is just the way things are going to be from now on.

Azarenka played into Sunshine's hands when, after a strong start, she engaged in one endless rally after another and let Sunshine find her rhythm. And from then on, 60% (if not 70%) of the "highlights" of this drearily mediocre match were actually produced by Sunshine.

The only thing that bothers me about the outcome is that it will perpetuate the myth that what's keeping Azarenka from winning big is her temper - not her shit FH, the overall mediocrity and predictability of her game, her lack of raw firepower on both serve and ground game, or her inability to win free points off her serve.

A good result for tennis all things considered. Sunshine's game is pedestrian and unwatchable, but casual fans who don't know any better will always like her. Azarenka by contrast has no redeeming features whatsoever, so the sooner she sinks to a ranking range better suited to her skill level (i.e. #15-25), the better.

Holy shit man, why do you even like this sport anymore? :weirdo: And for someone who hated the match so much, why did you watch it all then? You're clearly just perversely interested in inflicting pain on yourself. Or you're just an idiot.

bjurra
Oct 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I am curious to what Bratarenka had to say about this match. Anyone found an interview?

Matt01
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Holy shit man, why do you even like this sport anymore? :weirdo: And for someone who hated the match so much, why did you watch it all then? You're clearly just perversely interested in inflicting pain on yourself. Or you're just an idiot.

I have a slight feeling that it's the latter :o

Dodoboy.
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM

:rolls:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:53 PM

:lol:

saska77
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM

:yeah:

that post was way more bastardized than the actual match...:help:

there is nothing wrong with the baseline play. All things change, people evolve, technology advances. Get on with the program :tape:

Also I feel from your post that you think it is the Eastern Europe and Russia that are somehow to be held responsible for what you call 'standardized play'. I have a suggestion: Let's go back to the times of Cold War, that will sort it man!

edit: sorry I was referring to the original post by Corswandt here not Matt's post

Slutiana
Oct 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM

RIP WTA Tennis (for now). :sad:

Break My Rapture
Oct 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I can't believe how Vika brainfarted :o

rucolo
Oct 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Congrats, Caroline!:D:yeah:

Vika:sad::hug:

What a great match!:bowdown:
Many fantastic points! Amazing long rallies!

BIG fight from both.:worship:
Very entertaining match, one of the best matches of 2009!

What a looong 5th game in set 2 at 2-2.:speakles:

Strong 1st set from Vika, high-quality tennis from both in sets 2 and 3.:drool:

Anke Huber said she is a fan of both Caroline and Vika.;)

Vika has to learn to control her emotions on court.

Nice handshake and kiss at the net.:hearts: