PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone going to beat Vika Azarenka in Doha?

thierry
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:03 PM
She looks damn good. I think she's the real deal. i see echoes of a young serena williams in her as in i want to win this match at all costs. She's a little bit of a headcase but once she takes care of that i think i see a future slam contender.....the only person i can see beating her is of course Serena, not Venus, not jankovic or wozniacki who is currently being molested by her, maybe Sveta can give her a little push but dementieva is a good matchup for vika.....safina could possibly push her but that's a maybe.

I'm rooting for Azarenka vs S Williams final.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I dont see Serena anywhere in her, but then again Serena is a GOAT and players like her come along very rarely. At her age, Serena had a way bigger game , better serve, better movement and a way stronger mentality. I see more of a young Svetlana in her :lol:

thierry
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=reetard;16732803]I dont see Serena anywhere in her, but then again Serena is a GOAT and players like her come along very rarely.

You wouldn't see serena in a serena clone. I understand being a fan but try for a moment to think objectively about things.

At her age, Serena had a way bigger game , better serve, better movement and a way stronger mentality.

Better serve, maybe but only slightly, definately better movement but the intensity is there for sure. I know we love Serena but she wasn't always Serena. I remember the miami match and yes Vika was playing a 50% Serena but she still went for it. When i say she reminds me of serena it's in that she's fearless.

I see more of a young Svetlana in her

I'm sure you think that's cute, maybe even witty, but it's not an accurate comparison.

Having thought a little more about this maybe Vika is more Sharapova than Serena. Either way still rooting for that final and of course for Serena to prevail

Broseghini
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Carol :)

pov
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Carol :)

Yep.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
got a bit too excited and eja. posted too early ;)

Sombrerero loco
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I think she will loose in the semifinals...serena or elena will beat her in that round

thierry
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM
looks like i spoke too soon...oh well.....i've been wanting to use some of that left over cream in my fridge so...there's this crow recipe that's just FABULOUS and this is my chance to use it. Congrats to Caro....what a girl.Sunshine all around for real.