PDA

View Full Version : Serena Comments to Tracy about #1...

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM
"Is it in the back of your mind that the #1 ranking is on the line?" said by Tracy.
"Yeah, in doubles." Smiles and walks away.
:inlove: I love that she knows they can be #1 in doubles:bounce:

VishaalMaria
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I love Serena.

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Fuck singles. :lol: Just tank it, Serena and focus on doubles.

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Fuck singles. :lol: Just tank it, Serena and focus on doubles.

:lol: Bluber need to lose SF and WS win the YEC, and the #1 ranking is their's:bounce:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
i didn't know this. that would be AMAZING

2Black
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
This is why I love Serena ... So Gangsta :lol:

Who plays who in the semis

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
This is why I love Serena ... So Gangsta :lol:

Who plays who in the semis

That won't be decided until Thursday. But we want Bluber to draw Stosur/Stubbs and WS to get Llagostera Vives and Mariajo:p

Shvedbarilescu
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I think she means it too. Number one ranking in singles? Been there, done it, have the t-shirt. Number one in doubles? Now that really would be another feather to add to her cap.

RenaSlam.
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
:worship:

Suck it, Tracy.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
:)

Bijoux0021
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I love the response. :hearts:

Way to shut Tracy up, Serena. :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
"Is it in the back of your mind that the #1 ranking is on the line?" said by Tracy.

She is so fucking shady. :lol:
That's why I love her and Tracy certainly deserves it for her loathing of Serena since forever.

Wawrinka's ass.

young_gunner913
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Serena :drool:

Lulu.
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Love it. #1 in doubles would be awesome. :)

le bon vivant
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Step to this betch!!!!!! :armed:

ZODIAC
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Seren is gangsta!:hearts:

olivero
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
:lol:
love it!

Dodoboy.
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Doubles draw NOW! :crying2:

We really need that draw!

jefrilibra
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Serena is HOOD!:lol:

She expected this question and came prepared!

hankqq
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I love how Serena walked away even though it wasn't clear that Tracy had finished talking to her :spit: She had that look in her eyes "don't pretend like you don't know that your name is in my book". :lol:

ZODIAC
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Thats why I love Rena she is the truth,she doesnt mince her words.It is what it is with my baby.....

Eikichi Clone
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I love how Serena walked away even though it wasn't clear that Tracy had finished talking to her :spit: She had that look in her eyes "don't pretend like you don't know that your name is in my book". :lol:

What did she say in her book about Tracy?

new-york
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
:worship:.

Go get the doubles AND the singles.

ZODIAC
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I love how Serena walked away even though it wasn't clear that Tracy had finished talking to her :spit: She had that look in her eyes "don't pretend like you don't know that your name is in my book". :lol:what is her name:help:

Zweli
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:45 PM
:lol::lol Go Ree!

youizahoe
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I would love Serena N1 at singles and doubles. :lol: Then her being banned at the AO, defending singles and doubles slam :lol:

*Jool*
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
:worship:
I somehow hope she clinches both numbers1 in one tournament ...

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Why does she has to be so disrespectful to tracy? She is doing her job.

I'm sorry, but if Serena didn't start that the "she won rome and madrid" thing, they wouldn't be so much talk about this #1 position. She started this and now she is like "I don't want to talk about that".

I know Tracy is not a huge fan of Serena, but it's not like she said lots of BS about her. Tracy is no shit. She should be respected. Serena acts like I'm the Goat, you are old and pointless. Not surprising from her though. I wouldn't say gangsta but just uneducated.

Galsen
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:05 PM

I'm sorry, but if Serena didn't start that the "she won rome and madrid" thing, they wouldn't be so much talk about this #1 position. She started this and now she is like "I don't want to talk about that".

I know Tracy is not a huge fan of Serena, but it's not like she said lots of BS about her. Tracy is no shit. She should be respected. Serena acts like I'm the Goat, you are old and pointless. Not surprising from her though. I wouldn't say gangsta but just uneducated.

pleaaaaaaaaaaase shut up
so Serena could be #1 single and doubles :eek::worship:

Zweli
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM

Well,Serena is a better GOAT than Tracy.Why should Serena respect Tracy for? It should be vice-versa imo.Serena was not lying about Rome/Madrid ,was she? or she said something that many knew but did not want to say?

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Well,Serena is a better GOAT than Tracy.Why should Serena respect Tracy for? It should be vice-versa imo.Serena was not lying about Rome/Madrid ,was she? or she said something that many knew but did not want to say?
Yes, you are right, serena should shit on every person who has not won 11 slams. When you win 11 slam, you can be disrespectful to the entire world. Zweli, you understand everthing obviously.

kiwifan
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:38 PM

Hilarious. :lol:

Lovin' Mama Smash!!! :cool:

jrollaneres25
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM

Take Vaidisova off of your avatar. You don't deserve to be her fan. In fact, you don't deserve to be a fan of tennis with your hatefulness.

Just Shut up and get out of here!:o

frenchie
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM
LOL
Only Serena can afford to behave like that and still be funny!

J.Bravo
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Another classic quote. :lol:

Diesel
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM

Talk about #1 would have been going on even if Serena hadn't put in her input about the situation so your uneducated analysis isn't warranted here. You act like you don't remember other slamless #1s and the discussions/debates at those times.

Tracy does her job, Serena does her. What of it?

darrinbaker00
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Another classic quote. :lol:
"Classic" being a euphemism for "childish," of course.....

kiwifan
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:36 AM
"Classic" being a euphemism for "childish," of course.....

Actually it was pretty clever juxtaposition, but you're just too negative to grasp that concept. ;)

now this is childish :nerner:

hdfb
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
:sobbing: Love Serena.

It would be great if she could get both #1s!

Nico_E
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:39 AM
so rude to answer and then just walk away like the classless beast she is

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:45 AM

:spit:

Serena's witty responses are my absolute faves.

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:46 AM

They would still be asking Serena about the ranking regardless of that "Rome and Madrid" comment. She didn't "start" anything. The press fuels this number 1 ranking issue in women's tennis because it's one of the most interesting subjects I guess.

As far as Tracy, I actually like her commentary for the most part. I think it sucks that Serena heard what Tracy said at the AO and took it to heart because there were worse things said about her by Mary Carillo and the media as a whole if you ask me...but it is what it is. She just singled out Tracy. :shrug:

mr_burns
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:59 AM
BTW they would really derserve it...won 11 slams, nearly undefeated...compared to other doubles no 1, would be good to see them there once

this year they really put much effort in it...Still don't know how they lost that match at RG

skanky~skanketta
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:28 AM
ROTF! Say it like it is Serena! And let's become the year end #1 in BOTH!

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM
:inlove: I love that she knows they can be #1 in doubles:bounce::haha: :haha: This is why I adore Serena! She'll answer you, but simultaneously diss your ass if you've screwed her. :lol: :worship:

Tracy, you were soundly DISMISSED! :devil:

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM

I know Tracy is not a huge fan of Serena, but it's not like she said lots of BS about her. Tracy is no shit. She should be respected. Serena acts like I'm the Goat, you are old and pointless. Not surprising from her though. I wouldn't say gangsta but just uneducated.:lol: :lol: Oh my goodness!!
If you knew the history between these two, you'd have never posted the above. :lol:

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:54 AM
"Classic" being a euphemism for "childish," of course.....Dang darrin!! :eek:
Your disdain for Serena is seriously growing by leaps and bounds! :scared:

darrinbaker00
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:54 AM
:lol: :lol: Oh my goodness!!
If you knew the history between these two, you'd have never posted the above. :lol:
What exactly is the history between the two, RVD?

darrinbaker00
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Dang darrin!! :eek:
Your disdain for Serena is seriously growing by leaps and bounds! :scared:
What do you mean? Serena's my second-favorite player. Except when she plays Venus, I always root for her to win.

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:57 AM
They would still be asking Serena about the ranking regardless of that "Rome and Madrid" comment. She didn't "start" anything. The press fuels this number 1 ranking issue in women's tennis because it's one of the most interesting subjects I guess.

As far as Tracy, I actually like her commentary for the most part. I think it sucks that Serena heard what Tracy said at the AO and took it to heart because there were worse things said about her by Mary Carillo and the media as a whole if you ask me...but it is what it is. She just singled out Tracy. :shrug:Actually, it seemed like Serena just didn't want to get into a senseless back and forth discussion over the #1 ranking. In what way did Serena "single Tracy out"? :scratch:

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:59 AM
What exactly is the history between the two, RVD?Oh goodness gracious. You've been watching them as long as I have man. So why why play dumb? :confused:
And no, I'm not going into any detail darrin, because I'm not playing that game today.

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Actually, it seemed like Serena just didn't want to get into a senseless back and forth discussion over the #1 ranking. In what way did Serena "single Tracy out"? :scratch:

I should have been clearer. In her book she singled out Tracy, not that particular interview. I had no problem with the interview. :shrug: But I do like Tracy as a commentator more than others. :shrug:

darrinbaker00
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Oh goodness gracious. You've been watching them as long as I have man. So why why play dumb? :confused:
You've read more than enough of my posts to know that I'm not playing. :silly:

And no, I'm not going into any detail darrin, because I'm not playing that game today.
TRANSLATION:
"I have no idea what the exact history is between Serena and Tracy Austin. I'm just going by what other Serena KADs post on this board."

You're smarter than that, RVD.

is1531
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:18 AM

Serena was very disrespectful walking away before the interview was over.

spencercarlos
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:18 AM
any video link? :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:27 AM
That's what Tracy gets, she always has something stupid to say.

le bon vivant
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Dang darrin!! :eek:
Your disdain for Serena is seriously growing by leaps and bounds! :scared:You see the title under his username right? :)
Im just glad Venus lost today. If she'd actually won today, he'd be even more caustic.

darrinbaker00
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:32 AM
You see the title under his username right? :)
The one that you bought for me, you mean? ;)

Volcana
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Why not send somebody to interview Serena who has a clue? About Serena I mean. Sending Tracy Austin to interview Serena is a joke. She MIGHT gve Nav straight answers. I'm sure she WOULD give Jon McEnroe straight answers. But Austin, Carillo, even Mary Jo, it's not happening. There's SO much water under the bridge, so much mindless criticism, some much misunderstanding, so much 'fuck you'.

How much useful information would you expect to get by sending Pete Sampras to inteview Venus? Or Anna Kournikova to inteview Elena Dementieva?

Whereas, if BJK is asking the question, she could open with, 'Is it more important for you to catch me in slam single titles, or in overall slam titles. Cause you ain't NEVER catchin' me in total pro titles.' And they'd giggle and ice would be broken and we'd learn something.

Why not send Hingis to interivew Vaidisova. I'm sure Nicole would open up to .... oops. Never mind.

Apoleb
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Quite funny. But she obviously wants the #1 ranking.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:38 AM
How much useful information would you expect to get by sending Pete Sampras to inteview Venus?

:lol:

égalité
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:41 AM
:sobbing: BitchRena :inlove:

DimaDinosaur
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:38 AM
omg, serena could be #1 in doubles just by playing 5 tournaments???? Ohhhhh, she needs to knock black and huber off that top spot, please Serena do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I should have been clearer. In her book she singled out Tracy, not that particular interview. I had no problem with the interview. :shrug: But I do like Tracy as a commentator more than others. :shrug::lol: Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
I was wondering if their bad relationship had somehow evolved into a BFF or something. :lol:

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:46 AM
You've read more than enough of my posts to know that I'm not playing. :silly:

TRANSLATION:
"I have no idea what the exact history is between Serena and Tracy Austin. I'm just going by what other Serena KADs post on this board."

You're smarter than that, RVD.Sure. It's exactly as you've stated darrin.
You're right, I'm wrong (as well as anyone who's ever followed the relationship between these two). :wavey:
I'm still convalescing and not feeling confrontational, so please have fun and enjoy yourself.

brent-o
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Pretty childish on Serena's part but entertaining nonetheless. Never dull this Williams girl.

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:51 AM
You see the title under his username right? :)
Im just glad Venus lost today. If she'd actually won today, he'd be even more caustic.I actually hadn't noticed until you pointed that out. :eek:
Now it all makes sense.

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Ok. So tell me what happened between these two?

Tech1
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Matt " I hate Serena" Cronin comments:

Matt CroninFOLLOW ME ON TWITTER (http://twitter.com/TennisReporters)
ARE YOU MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK? (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1456006827&ref=profile)

Sony Ericsson Championships - Doha
DAY 2
Winners: Azarenka, Dementieva, Serena; Williams to Play Fed Cup; Rude in Interview, the Agassi Meth Revelation

TUESDAY, OCT. 27 - Elena Dementieva has a world of trouble against Venus Williams in the past, more than against any other player, but on Tuesday at the WTA Championships in Doha, she managed to scratch her way into the contest with standout defense and was able to take down the seven-time Grand Slam champion 3-6, 7-6(6), 6-2.

"I was trying to fight for every point. I was trying to stay positive," Dementieva said after the match. "It was very important to come back and win the tie-break. I think she was a little disappointed in the beginning of the third set and gave me a little bit of an advantage, and I was able to finish the match."

The defending champion Williams wasn't the only one disappointed with her play, when Victoria Azarenka hit right through Jelena Jankovic 6-2, 6-3 for her first win at the Championships. Jankovic, who was the event's last qualifier, can't seem to find her top level, even against a 20-year-old she hasn't beaten three straight times.

"I basically gave her everything. I beat myself. That was really unfortunately the case. My game was completely off," said Jankovic, who committed 33 unforced errors. "I would hit one or two balls and then the third one would go everywhere except in the court. I was a shadow of myself."

Playing in the White Group, Jankovic will gave another struggling player, Dinara Safina on Wednesday. "I just have to try to clean my game," she said. "I need to get back to playing good points, hitting the ball, being aggressive, really cutting down all the errors, serve much better, return much better.

Azarenka will face fellow debutant Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday, whom she has beaten twice this year. "I'm glad she gave me the match and she was not in the mood. It worked out pretty well for me.

Venus Williams will get a real treat to stay in the competition on Wednesday when she has to face her sister Serena, who edged Sveta Kuznetsova 7-66 (6), 7-5. Serena avenged her loss to Kuznetsova at Roland Garros and has an opportunity to avenge her loss to Venus at last year's Championships. Venus said she'd be ready.

"I'm going to come back tomorrow and just improve my game," Williams added. "That's what it's all about in round robin tennis. It's my second time playing round robin. Now I'll see what it's like to be in this kind of competition for real."

In some good news for Fed Cup fans, the USTA and Captain Mary Joe Fernandez announced that Serena will make her first Fed Cup appearance since 2007 and her first in big time tie since 1999 when the U.S. confronts Italy in the final on a red clay in Reggio Calabria November 7-8. Serena will be joined by Liezel Huber, Melanie Oudin and Alexa Glatch.

Serena has been under heavy pressure to play for her country since her US Open meltdown, while Venus, who has been hobbled, has put in plenty of time playing the competition and wasn't relishing the prospect of facing her new nemesis, Flavia Pennetta, on clay, much less Francesca Schiavone, who has played spectacularly well at home.

Fernandez is likely to tab Oudin to play second singles, as Glatch hasn't had much success on clay. Serena will likely have to do yeoman's duties if the tie goes five contests, as Fernandez will likely ask her to play doubles with Huber.

Speaking of Serena, she was highly inappropriate in her pre-match interview in Doha with Tracy Austin today. While I understand that she is still smarting from the minor, and I mean very minor, criticisms that Austin threw at her way back when at the Aussie Open, there's was no reason for her to be so short with her answers, to throw such cold stares and to quickly walk away. Serena is doing herself no favors by acting petulant once again, but at this point, the world might have to accept that she may never grow up.
FYI: The tennis journalist world has been sitting on the info that Andre Agassi used crystal meth during his dark year of 1997 because his book publisher had embargoed the material until November 9. But now that the cat's out of the bag, there will leaks every day. And yes, I consider the drug a performance enhancer, at least in the short term. Same thing with cocaine.
In a key passage in his book, "Open,"Agassi recalls his first experience doing crystal meth. In addition to revelations about his heavy drinking, Andre admits to snorting crystal meth with a Vegas friend called Slim. MORE (http://www.insidetennis.com/2009/10/agassi-admits-crystal-meth/#more-2996)

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I would have thought telling Tracy to 'go back to band camp and find a flute' would have been childish :shrug: Serena answered the question quickly/curtly and obviously didn't want to engage in an hour long chat about the ranking system etc (which has been done to death), she's answered the question 10,000 times, give it a rest Tracy :hug:

bandabou
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:12 AM
It was funny actually. Why call it childish? It ain't like Serena has no shot at becoming no.1 in doubles as well, no?

winchester
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:25 AM
It was funny actually. Why call it childish? It ain't like Serena has no shot at becoming no.1 in doubles as well, no?

It was childish because Serena knew Tracy was talking about the N1 rankings in singles, anyway I shouldn't be surprised by Serena fans comments after what I saw just after she threatened the line judge.

Привет
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:36 AM
What did Tracey say about Serena at the AO? :confused: I realise this is probably common knowledge amongst most tennis fans, but I obviously didn't care enough at the time to notice. I'm interested now though. :lol:

Having not actually watched this, the answer itself wasn't really that bad, in fact it's nice to see such a successful singles player still keen to chase the top spot in doubles too. Walking away when it was clear that the interview wasn't over wasn't really necessary though.

Renalicious
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:42 AM
:drool: Nice response.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:53 AM

Please, nobody gives two craps about being classy to you, your approval doesn't mean anything to anyone. Tracy's lucky she got an answer at all because Serena didn't have to give her that. Typical ungrateful tennis fan.

Ziggy Starduck
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:56 AM
What did Tracey say about Serena at the AO? :confused: I realise this is probably common knowledge amongst most tennis fans, but I obviously didn't care enough at the time to notice. I'm interested now though. :lol:

Having not actually watched this, the answer itself wasn't really that bad, in fact it's nice to see such a successful singles player still keen to chase the top spot in doubles too. Walking away when it was clear that the interview wasn't over wasn't really necessary though.

Not sure about AO :shrug: but IMHO Tracy Austin has always been so far up Lindsay's :tape: that Lindsay really should have been getting rent money, over the years Tracy has made many snide remarks about both Venus & Serena and I believe she's pissed because the WS took titles away from her wannabe sweetheart. When Tracy acknowledges the WS respective titles/careers it's a rare moment.

In The Zone
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Of all the rude/awkward things of this situation, the most rude/awkward is putting someone like Tracy Austin as the interviewer right before a match when it's pretty clear how Serena feels about her already. They are asking for moments like these by putting someone like Tracy in that position.

Serena is about to play a match in the YEC, she doesn't need to sit there, smile, giggle, and have a 10 minute conversation. She said what she needed to say and then went out and won a singles match. Good for her!

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Whereas, if BJK is asking the question, she could open with, 'Is it more important for you to catch me in slam single titles, or in overall slam titles. Cause you ain't NEVER catchin' me in total pro titles.' And they'd giggle and ice would be broken and we'd learn something.

That's because BJK actually shows the Williams respect, she's not on tv criticizing them every time they play. They in kind respect her opinions and advice because it comes from a healthy place and not a petty one like the others. You would think other commentators would take note, but no, they think they can trash them and still get respect. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Speaking of Serena, she was highly inappropriate in her pre-match interview in Doha with Tracy Austin today. While I understand that she is still smarting from the minor, and I mean very minor, criticisms that Austin threw at her way back when at the Aussie Open, there's was no reason for her to be so short with her answers, to throw such cold stares and to quickly walk away. Serena is doing herself no favors by acting petulant once again, but at this point, the world might have to accept that she may never grow up.

Just another ungrateful tennis journalist. Serena did Tracy a favor, she gave her a sound bite that has Tracy's name in the press once more. Seriously, would we even be talking about Tracy without Serena's quote? No. When are these people going to grow up and realize that you get the respect that you give. There are consequences to how you treat and talk about people. Serena's held accountable for everything she says and does and it's such arrogance for commentators and journalists to think she should give them a pass. Get real.

spencercarlos
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:41 AM
any video link? :p
Nevermind i already got it. Will upload it tomorrow.

Having seen this i can say Serena (once again is behaving poorly around tennis tournaments) handled the situation very poorly.

The short answers were fine i guess, even if they looked uninsterested but leaving Tracy there while she was still talking to her and without the interview being finished is tasteless and disrespectful to say the least.

Serena could have handled herself better and with more class around this, even if she was pissed off (because Venus just lost, or because she simply dislikes Tracy) and furthermore, she seems to forget that she is not ONLY answering these things to Tracy, but to millions of people who follow this tournament on TV and would like to know what she is thinking before stepping into the court for a tennis match.

VishaalMaria
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:43 AM
What is the history between Serena and Tracy?

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Of all the rude/awkward things of this situation, the most rude/awkward is putting someone like Tracy Austin as the interviewer right before a match when it's pretty clear how Serena feels about her already. They are asking for moments like these by putting someone like Tracy in that position.

Serena is about to play a match in the YEC, she doesn't need to sit there, smile, giggle, and have a 10 minute conversation. She said what she needed to say and then went out and won a singles match. Good for her!

She gives the same type of short unenthusiastic interviews before every match because she's focusing on playing. AND THEY ABSOLUTELY NO IT!!! Tracy was just being a dick by even bringing up the #1 ranking right before a player takes the court. She was trying to put more pressure on Serena and Serena brushed that pressure right off. That's what they are really mad about.

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:46 AM
That's because BJK actually shows the Williams respect, she's not on tv criticizing them every time they play. They in kind respect her opinions and advice because it comes from a healthy place and not a petty one like the others. You would think other commentators would take note, but no, they think they can trash them and still get respect. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Just another ungrateful tennis journalist. Serena did Tracy a favor, she gave her a sound bite that has Tracy's name in the press once more. Seriously, would we even be talking about Tracy without Serena's quote? No. When are these people going to grow up and realize that you get the respect that you give. There are consequences to how you treat and talk about people. Serena's held accountable for everything she says and does and it's such arrogance for commentators and journalists to think she should give them a pass. Get real.
Tracy is a woman who won Us open 2 times and who was once #1.

You see? No serena

Also, I like how you bring the word "respect" here :lol:

So can someone tell me what Tracy said ? Because according to someone here, if I knew what she said I would have never said these things. But I read this thread, and nobody said whad Tracy said...

She gives the same type of short unenthusiastic interviews before every match because she's focusing on playing. AND THEY ABSOLUTELY NO IT!!! Tracy was just being a dick by even bringing up the #1 ranking right before a player takes the court. She was trying to put more pressure on Serena and Serena brushed that pressure right off. That's what they are really mad about.
That is just nonsense after nonsense

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I want to know too

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Tracy is a woman who won Us open 2 times and who was once #1.

You see? No serena

That was years ago, nobody's googling for her today unless she's talking about a current player.

Also, I like how you bring the word "respect" here :lol:

So can someone tell me what Tracy said ? Because according to someone here, if I knew what she said I would have never said these things. But I read this thread, and nobody said whad Tracy said...

That is just nonsense after nonsense

No, nonsense is posting about something but admitting you don't even know the history. Tracy Austin commentates at the US Open every year and witnesses the kind of short I really don't want to be bothered interviews that Serena gives to Michael Barkann every year when he interviews her before a match. She does it every year without fail so they know she doesn't like to be bothered before a match, but gives great oncourt interviews right after she's won. One thing I hate is people who pretend to be naive.

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
That was years ago, nobody's googling for her today unless she's talking about a current player.

No, nonsense is posting about something but admitting you don't even know the history. Tracy Austin commentates at the US Open every year and witnesses the kind of short I really don't want to be bothered interviews that Serena gives to Michael Barkann every year when he interviews her before a match. She does it every year without fail so they know she doesn't like to be bothered before a match, but gives great oncourt interviews right after she's won. One thing I hate is people who pretend to be naive.

DimaDinosaur
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I would love Serena N1 at singles and doubles. :lol: Then her being banned at the AO, defending singles and doubles slam :lol:

:eek: When did dis happen?

DimaDinosaur
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM

OMG :spit: :lol: :spit:

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM

There is no history. Everybody got together and decided we where going to make up a story about there being history. :p Obviously we are enjoying not telling.:lol:

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:08 AM
There is no history. Everybody got together and decided we where going to make up a story about there being history. :p Obviously we are enjoying not telling.:lol:
Ok. Now I don't know if this is sarcasm or not

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Ok. Now I don't know if this is sarcasm or not

Wow, that's really sad. :lol:

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, that's really sad. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

bandabou
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
It was childish because Serena knew Tracy was talking about the N1 rankings in singles, anyway I shouldn't be surprised by Serena fans comments after what I saw just after she threatened the line judge.

How so? The question never states: "How do you feel about becoming no.1 in singles?", does it?

youizahoe
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
:eek: When did dis happen?

It didn't but they still think it's possible, so you can imagine the scenario :lol:

Olórin
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Serena's answer really was quite astute. Let's be honest, she's getting further than Dinara in this tournament even if she has to knock her out herself. Dinara is abysmal at present.

Doubles is where the number one ranking really is on the line; especially in the sense that they may never get the chance to be number one again. They have little control over that, it all depends on the draw and whether they can beat Bluber before the finals.

As for the walking away, Serena had a match to play and doesn't really want to get into a discussion about WTA stats and conjecture over who might go further. She had something more important to do.

Valanga
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Tracy needs to be more precise in asking questions :tape:

Dave.
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Those pre-match interviews are always going to get a short answer like that. They're the worst things to watch. Just let them get on court and interview them afterwards. :o

I can see where Serena's coming from. Getting the no.1 ranking in doubles would put her in that elite group (of 7 including Venus) of players to have been the best of both. To get the no.1 in singles and doubles at the same time would be even better, and no doubt one of her biggest accomplishments.

Doubles is where the number one ranking really is on the line; especially in the sense that they may never get the chance to be number one again. They have little control over that, it all depends on the draw and whether they can beat Bluber before the finals.

Actually, it depends on whether Stosur/Stubbs or Llagostera/Martinez can beat Bluber before the finals. Bluber and WS will be seeded apart.

volta
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Serena :hearts: :inlove:

Rising Sun
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Rena's answers are always brief before a match. :worship:

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I would have thought telling Tracy to 'go back to band camp and find a flute' would have been childish :shrug: Serena answered the question quickly/curtly and obviously didn't want to engage in an hour long chat about the ranking system etc (which has been done to death), she's answered the question 10,000 times, give it a rest Tracy :hug:

Yup, I am SO SICK to death of hearing about the number 1 ranking. At least Serena put a new spin on it. :) And if anyone has seen her do a prematch interview before this really was nothing out of the ordinary, but because it is Tracy it will come off that way I suppose.

And would Matt Cronin please shut up!

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Ok. So tell me what happened between these two?Uh, no. Not feeling generous today.
However, there is a really great feature on this message board for posters like yourself and darrin. It's called a "Search Feature". It's really great for posters who seriously require a reminder of past discussions. And this was one of those past discussions.
And I'm making an effort to be really kind here. :)

Or, you can just ask darrin, since he's such an expert at translating posts into complete :bs: replies. :wavey:

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Just another ungrateful tennis journalist. Serena did Tracy a favor, she gave her a sound bite that has Tracy's name in the press once more. Seriously, would we even be talking about Tracy without Serena's quote? No. When are these people going to grow up and realize that you get the respect that you give. There are consequences to how you treat and talk about people. Serena's held accountable for everything she says and does and it's such arrogance for commentators and journalists to think she should give them a pass. Get real.THANK YOU!
It's as simple as that really. :shrug:
No one is asking for preferential treatment. Just some reasonable sense of respect.
Tracy was doing exactly what many sports journalists do...fishing for a confrontational quote from Serena. Tracy should know better, especially with her non-relationship with all the Williams family as a whole.

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Wow, that's really sad. :lol::haha: :haha:
It's really funny because here we have posters who typically don't give a damn about Serena suddenly wanting to know her relationship history. That's some classic sh!t right right there. :haha:

brickhousesupporter
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM
For those who really would like to know.......Do a search for the Pat Cash article with quotes from Tracy Austin. Also Tracy Austin Austrailian 2007. Go find a copy of the 2007 Aus Final where Tracy was commentating. Also there may be a copy floating around of the Aus Open 2007 article that Tracy wrote for her MSNBC column. She took it down immediately after the Aus Open final. I guess she was too embarrassed by it. That is all I can give you, if you really want to know you will have to do some leg work.

thierry
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:40 PM
could someone, for the love of god, enlighten us on the supposed comments Tracy said that angered serena. I am a serena fan and i don't recall that.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:52 PM
If it's obvious to Serena that she's being baited, she's not going to bite. Gotta be much more clever, which I'm afraid Tracy is not capable of :o

danieln1
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:57 PM
If the sisters faces black and her partner, the williams will win in 2 sets 6-2 6-3

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
If it's obvious to Serena that she's being baited, she's not going to bite. Gotta be much more clever, which I'm afraid Tracy is not capable of :o

Like I said, that's what people are mad about. Serena redirected Tracy's bullshit, smiled, then walked the hell on court and went on the win her match. She hit her with a big "Bitch please" and it was lovely.:lol:

dreamgoddess099
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM
For those who really would like to know.......Do a search for the Pat Cash article with quotes from Tracy Austin. Also Tracy Austin Austrailian 2007. Go find a copy of the 2007 Aus Final where Tracy was commentating. Also there may be a copy floating around of the Aus Open 2007 article that Tracy wrote for her MSNBC column. She took it down immediately after the Aus Open final. I guess she was too embarrassed by it. That is all I can give you, if you really want to know you will have to do some leg work.

Hey, stop giving them help.:fiery: This is a personal assignment and there is no cheating allowed.

friendsita
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM
lol

Dave B
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks Tracy got what she wanted? She asked a question to cause drama, and drama ensued. That's good television.

Furthermore, I don't really think walking away is disrespectful to Tracy. When you are talking to the media on camera, you are really talking to the viewership. I was pretty entertained, so I will say I think Serena was being great to the viewership.

Everyone here is talking like this was some sort of conversation between Tracy and Serena that happened to be caught on camera, when the fact that it was on television is actually much more relevant.

MBM
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
i like it that i was the one who made venus aware of #1 in doubles being on the line :bounce:

that's why i luv twitter!!

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
good job, mbm :yeah:
did she really not know?

MBM
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
good job, mbm :yeah:
did she really not know?

i sent her this:
"u arent watchin it? Did u no u have a shot @ year-end #1 in dubs? black/huber need to lose early in linz & moscow tho"
http://twitter.com/markmcgee91/status/4708029735

and she sent back:
"noo way. I never even dreamed about being number one in doubles! that would be too great"
http://twitter.com/Venuseswilliams/status/4708223997

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:52 PM
well serena i think has half of it done now...doubles awaits

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Uh, no. Not feeling generous today.
However, there is a really great feature on this message board for posters like yourself and darrin. It's called a "Search Feature". It's really great for posters who seriously require a reminder of past discussions. And this was one of those past discussions.
And I'm making an effort to be really kind here. :)

Or, you can just ask darrin, since he's such an expert at translating posts into complete :bs: replies. :wavey:
You say lots of pointless things while you could have easily in 3 words explained what I asked. I don't have time to search things that doesn't exist.

BlameSerena
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
i sent her this:
"u arent watchin it? Did u no u have a shot @ year-end #1 in dubs? black/huber need to lose early in linz & moscow tho"
http://twitter.com/markmcgee91/status/4708029735

and she sent back:
"noo way. I never even dreamed about being number one in doubles! that would be too great"
http://twitter.com/Venuseswilliams/status/4708223997
NICE!

Their match is beginning now, and Serena vs Tracy Round 2 was quite uneventful. Serena is always like this before a match. :shrug:

MegaDethly
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Is there a video of this pre-match interview?

2Black
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I Love Serena & I love her haters on tennisforum.com always wetting their panties over her :lol:

Vaidisova Ruled
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I Love Serena & I love her haters on tennisforum.com always wetting their panties over her :lol:
"Haters" is really cliché. And so are you. I just stated that Serena is uneducated and disrespectful. It's not like I run into every serena thread to bash her. It's not like I bring up all the time her attitude at the us open this year. I just think she could have behaved better with tracy. That's all.

brickhousesupporter
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:50 PM
"Haters" is really cliché. And so are you. I just stated that Serena is uneducated and disrespectful. It's not like I run into every serena thread to bash her. It's not like I bring up all the time her attitude at the us open this year. I just think she could have behaved better with tracy. That's all.
I think this poster doth protest too much. No one called you a hater. Why is it that you take it so personally and feel the need to defend yourself?

Donny
Oct 28th, 2009, 08:56 PM

She's as 'educated' as 90% of the tour is. What a ridiculous comment to make.

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM
You say lots of pointless things while you could have easily in 3 words explained what I asked. I don't have time to search things that doesn't exist.Then don't ask me next time. :shrug:
People are seriously lazy around here.
They talk sh!t and are lazy on top of it all.

RVD
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I think this poster doth protest too much. No one called you a hater. Why is it that you take it so personally and feel the need to defend yourself?Because that poster didn't get his/her way, is what I believe.

Plus look at what the poster wrote about Serena being uneducated. And this poster doesn't even want to do a search on his/her own. :eek: Then has the nerve to call Serena uneducated?!

Serena is making money outside of Tennis with her own line of clothing and accessories. In fact she's made several TV appearances to endorse her product line, and every time she does, her stuff sells out. If that serves as an example of being "uneducated" then she's better than that aforementioned lazy ass poster by far, and any of the other Haters who complain about her "education" level.

Vlover
Oct 29th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Karma is a bitch! Serena has been proven right, as it is the doubles #1 on the line.:haha: I'm loving it!:hearts:

ghost world
Oct 29th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Er, isn't Serena usually taciturn during pre-match interviews?

spencercarlos
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Nevermind i already got it. Will upload it tomorrow.

Having seen this i can say Serena (once again is behaving poorly around tennis tournaments) handled the situation very poorly.

The short answers were fine i guess, even if they looked uninsterested but leaving Tracy there while she was still talking to her and without the interview being finished is tasteless and disrespectful to say the least.

Serena could have handled herself better and with more class around this, even if she was pissed off (because Venus just lost, or because she simply dislikes Tracy) and furthermore, she seems to forget that she is not ONLY answering these things to Tracy, but to millions of people who follow this tournament on TV and would like to know what she is thinking before stepping into the court for a tennis match.
Ok Here the video of day 1 and day 2, interview before the match Serena and Venus and Serena day two as promised.

Day 1
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=9IVJWI6T

Day2
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=587KK2E8

A turn of events from day one, now Venus looks a little bothered by Austin´s presence and short answers ala Serena yesterday, while Serena was all smiles today.

PS: Spanish comments but the English is pretty easy to get altogether.

iWill
Oct 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM
:spit: I'm liking Serena's mindset right now....say you're focused on doubles and quietly take both the Singles and Doubles year end #1 and both trophies.....:tape: