PDA

View Full Version : YEC RR Maroon Group: E. Dementieva (RUS) def. V. Williams (USA) 3-6, 7-6(6), 6-2

youizahoe
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
:lol:

Keegan
Yay! Dementieva fought so well! Venus kind of sucked eventually, but Dementieva played some really decent points after she got that first break in the second. Dementieva looked nice too. Crappy serving from Dementieva at some places though.

Julian.
Amazing comeback Lena! :hearts::worship:

Vee :hug:

Pebbles
What a win for Elena :)

ED:
15 DF's
2 Aces
1st Serve 60%

VW:
9 Aces
5 DF's
1st Serve 52%

Juju Nostalgique
:woohoo:

-jenks-
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:38 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

so great!! I'm so happy for her!! :bounce: :banana:

cellophane
Only the 2nd set was decent.

Ferg
Lena! :hearts: :woohoo:

VishaalMaria
Venus let this one go. Soooooooooooo many errors.

Anyone could have won against Venus today.

ED fan forever
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally a win against Venus!!!!!!!
In case anybody hasn't noticed I'm very excited....

tdot.
wtf venus

Mightymirza
Not a doormat anymore :banana:

SAEKeithSerena
the livestream link froze on match point grrrr. venus :(

Vikapower
Great quality match from both players. Great comeback Elena !

M.P
win them all lena :woohoo:

RR-87
:woohoo:

:bounce:

cellophane
Elena was going to lose the way things were going in the second...

ED fan forever
Yay:worship:

Temperenka
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
:worship:

Broseghini
Dementieva forever :hearts:

hingis-seles
About freaking time, Elena got a win over Venus. What was her reaction like on matchpoint?

BuTtErFrEnA
:eek: but those dfs and errors :tape:

Noctis
http://www.typophile.com/files/pathetic.jpg

Mynarco
Venus :tape:

madmax
haha, Venus can't even beat her pigeons anymore...she should retire for her fans

ED fan forever
About frigging time.
Now win this tournament Lena and finish the year on a high.

vw.
Where did the backhand go, Venus? and wtf was with all the foot faults?

Good job Elena for staying in it though, she started playing better in the 2nd and it translated to a win.

TheBoiledEgg
awesome Lena ;) :woohoo: :hearts: :banana: :D
been long time coming :hug: :D

VishaalMaria
Not a doormat anymore :banana:

Oh, a 9-3 record is still being a doormat.

Especially if Venus playing as horribly as that still, Elena could only win in 3.

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Another shitty match. Penus loses to the player with no brain (or bangs) :yeah:

saul1333
:bounce: Thank you Lena, made my day.

Great fighting.

ElusiveChanteuse
No doubt Venus is old now.:hug:
Lena :yeah:

doujyr
Deme :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Duramont
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Elena gets the first win over Venus since 2004 :woohoo: :rocker2:

She was coming back from 1:3* and 5:6* in second set.

She should play more often in black. :drool:

kaktusino
Elena :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

ElusiveChanteuse
BTW, Venus was called foot fault 10 times in a match?:spit:

Uranium
Oh Venus, Venus, Venus.

Hashim.
OMG Elena:hearts::woohoo:
welldone:inlove:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nice fight back to win the match Lena :bounce:

Vee :hug:. She started out so well:sad:. Hopefully she'll play her whole next match like she played the 1st set today :p.

VishaalMaria
haha, Venus can't even beat her pigeons anymore...she should retire for her fans

What with a 3-9 record against Venus?

Venus doesn't need to retire, she still has the ability to become the Wimbledon queen. Maybe Elena needs to retire because she cant even win a singles slam for her fans.

Andiyan
Good job Lena. :yeah:

Jakub
well done ELena :D

:banana: :yeah:

youizahoe
Venus was breathing so heavy at some rallies, really weird :o

pov
:yeah: Definitely a great comeback and a sign of a much improved mental game.

BlameSerena
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Hardly.
Vee choked.

Vee play this way against Serena tomorrow too. Thanks. :hug:
Lena good job.

Emiel Goelen
Yes! Good start Lena. Now keep going and finish 2009 on a high!

DragonFlame
You could see venus fitness decreasing the further the match went on. She had her chance to close it out at *6-5, but didn't do it. Looked like Venus wasn't rdy for a tough 3-set match physically...

Elena, fought fought fought and did the impossible. She played like shit at the start and i never expected her to make this comeback after *1-3 in the second. Well done! :D

:bounce:

Vikapower
Venus is now over in this tournament :lol: She will now have to beat her sister wich I doubt she will !

xr6turbo
Maybe Elena needs to retire because she cant even win a singles slam for her fans.

:haha: :tape:

Steff_forever
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
supernatural Lenotchka, great performance and strong outcome in 3rd set !!!

:bowdown: :smooch: :hug: :smooch: :bowdown:

BuTtErFrEnA

do you actually have a fave or do you just troll to hate on ws :lol:

Pebbles

Especially if Venus playing as horribly as that still, Elena could only win in 3.
Venus was playing well up until she let it slip in the 2nd :unsure: Elena got off to a bad start.

Njay16
Venus let this one go. Soooooooooooo many errors.

Anyone could have won against Venus today.

Please don't say that here. Please. :tape:

Well I knew I was gonna be upset regardless of what happened in this match. Good match from Lena but really Venus just had that one. The lack of match play has really come back to haunt her. She didn't have the fire in the third set like she had in ll her matches a year ago. I don't understand why when somebody like her has a hug first serve like she does, why does she try to spin it in? It just puts Dementieva in a winning position. I must say the backhand of Venus has now become the weaker wing. Maybe after focusing on the forehand so much she has neglected that side. After she came back to 6-6 in the tiebreak I thought she had it but it wasn't to be.The good news is that it is RR. If Serena loses, it will be (pretty much) winner takes all tomorrow. :eek:

Nice job Lena, stayed solid for the most part. That serve though :help:

Pebbles
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
What with a 3-9 record against Venus?

Venus doesn't need to retire, she still has the ability to become the Wimbledon queen. Maybe Elena needs to retire because she cant even win a singles slam for her fans.
Love that you're on the defensive :rolleyes:

Petkorazzi
Lena! :D

What a fantastic comeback! :hearts:

Gutted for Vee though. She really wanted to win out there :(

Michael!
Venus :cuckoo:
Terrible match again, she even played bad in the first two sets, but Elena was just too weak to that time!
1st serve was really strong today, was the best in her game, but totally useless if she is not able hit a 1st serve in the important situations at *6-5 in 2nd set!
We dont have to talk about the rallies, that was just aweful to watch, even worse than against Pavly., terrible!
In the 3rd set Elena finally played better, and showed that she is definetly the fitter player!
At 0-4 Venus started to play a bit better again with some nice points, but even there she couldnt win the important points and made some horrible errors.

I am really disappointed, the fall of Venus goes further!
Good 3rd set from Elena at least, showed how good she can play her, but still, if Venus didnt choke that much, she would have lose this again without any chance, if Venus cant qualify for the SF now, I hope Lena does at least!

G&R
Elena what a fighter :hearts:
well done

olivero
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:45 PM
tie break was really entertaining but the whole match was pretty bad
I still don't know how Venus managed to lose it:spit:

Adal
Well done, Elena :bigclap:

vrp1
Lena :hearts:

wouldn`t bet she wins this... :bounce:

Svetlana.
slow start, but impressive finish :worship:

-jenks-
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
About freaking time, Elena got a win over Venus. What was her reaction like on matchpoint?

Just a fist pump with a big smile after the handshake.

VishaalMaria
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Venus was playing well up until she let it slip in the 2nd :unsure: Elena got off to a bad start.

Yeah you said it. Venus was playing well until she started playing like crap, that's the only chance Elena had in trying to win. It's all about Venus and thats why she has such a strong head to head record 9-3.

ZODIAC
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM
the foot fault calls were highly suspicious when she was serving for the match....what else is new:rolleyes:

young_gunner913
Congrats Elena. The better player won today I guess. :shrug:

Venus, that was shitastic. WTF. WTF.WTF.WTFWTFWTFWTWFWTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

hingis-seles
Just a fist pump with a big smile after the handshake.

Thanks! :)

Her reaction after winning the Olympic gold still gives me goosebumps. :D :worship:

FrOzon
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Venus wasn't THAT bad... Elena got stronger & stronger, Venus got tired...

VishaalMaria
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Love that you're on the defensive :rolleyes:

I'm only stating the truth sweetie.

There's a reason why, prior to this match, Elena hadn't beaten Venus since 2004.

Venus did play like crap, couldnt keep the ball in play. It wasnt as if Elena was hitting her off the court.

Orbis
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Dementieva never gives up, and it paid off this time. You could pretty much see Venus crumble as the match went on. Several great points at the end of the second set, nice to see.

madmax
do you actually have a fave or do you just troll to hate on ws :lol:

yeah, Pova is my fave and I don't troll on WS, I just reckon they're quite overrated:rolleyes:

LudwigDvorak
Elena. :hearts: Fantastic.

She hit 20-ish winners, the most she's ever hit against Venus. When she fell down 36 13, she started playing much better. And by the end of the second her shotmaking was really on cue. Some of her shots in the third set were simply astounding.

She really showed some grit today, and I'm glad to see her believe in herself for once. Good job.

zveeen
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Nice fight Elena :yeah:

VishaalMaria
Venus wasn't THAT bad... Elena got stronger & stronger, Venus got tired...

Venus WAS that bad. I watched the match, Venus couldn't keep a ball in play, Elena just had a hitting session.

Brena
Demented :bowdown::bowdown::inlove:
Venus :hug: brave fight even when everything was lost! :worship:

Tamus
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:51 PM
How many foot faults did Venus have? :help:

Miss Amor
yeah, Pova is my fave and I don't troll on WS, I just reckon they're quite overrated:rolleyes:

A masha fan thinks that the WS are overrated? :spit: :spit:

sammy01

are you drunk, it was a disgusting 1st set, dementieva started the 2nd by serving 4 df's in 1 game, then 3 in the next. venus game was all over the place and choked when getting towards the finish line. the final set was just a matter of fact as lena was in great shape and her mind had been sorted out then, and venus faded.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:52 PM

ahh i can understand why now ;) yet you don't think pova is...no worries :lol: just that i see you more often is ws threads than actual maria threads

GrandMartha
OMG :sobbing:
3-6 1-3 0-30 :hearts:

is1531
Dimentieva made big mistakes in set 2 leading 5-2 in the tiebreaker. on the 8th point she made the mistake of hitting the backhand down the middle, instead of hitting the crosscourt shot, which was wide opened. Then on point 12 she hits that drop shot when she had control of the rally. Venus returned the drop to tie the set 6-6. However, Elena was tough in being able to erase those bad plays. She scores the next 2 points to win set 2 and then dominated the 3rd set. That was a great bounce back by Dementieva coming back off an ugly loss in set 1. Elena can win this tournament. The key is getting the Williams Sisters out of the tournament.

Njay16

Then what you're doing is called trolling.

Marionated
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Really poor match (well the tb was good) but it's great to see Elena finally beat Venus again, who looked lethargic in the third set.

ys
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Excellent play by Venus,probably the best she is capable of. Managed to draw the best game from Lena. Awesome match. Fun, fun... :)

Dexter
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Great quality match from both players. Great comeback Elena !:unsure:

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:55 PM
A masha fan thinks that the WS are overrated? :spit: :spit:

Venus is defenitely overrated. Anyway I'm glad she lost, Dementieva will beat Serena too:lol:

pokey camp
Good job Elena. :worship: Big win for her. She weathered the storm in the 1st set and as soon as it went to a 3rd it was over. The match fitness just wasn't there for Venus today. But people saying Venus is completely done should be cautious...

BuTtErFrEnA
are you drunk, it was a disgusting 1st set, dementieva started the 2nd by serving 4 df's in 1 game, then 3 in the next. venus game was all over the place and choked when getting towards the finish line. the final set was just a matter of fact as lena was in great shape and her mind had been sorted out then, and venus faded.

have a question for ya....do you think it works against players when you're playing your "bitch"??? sometimes it may lead the player to wait for the choke instead of going for it???

V-MAC
oh Vee:hug: She is clearly lacking any kind of confidence in her game right now that even haters must admit that it is sad to see:( Her serve crumbles under the slightest bit of pressure. It will be interesting to see how the rest of her matches go here but I'll be preparing myself for the worst.

moby
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I didn't see this match, but I guess Elena wore Venus out by the end of the second set. This was probably what would have happened in the Wimbledon semifinal last year had Elena managed to take that second set tiebreak. Venus was visibly tiring.

2Black
How does one work on holding leads ... Venus can't seem to do it lately or win a 3rd SET!!!

But Congrats to Elena. Venus, you won a set and alot of games so you're very much into this tourney.

Mikey.
Footfault queen :speakles:

John.
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Congrats Lena - Great fightback

Vee :sad: - Far too many errors

Otlichno
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Okay Venus did play like crap during the ending of the second and the beginning of the third!! But give Elena some credit all you "ITS BECAUSE VENUS PLAYED BAD' people...in the end Venus got tired out and Elena didn't...end of story.. tennis is about stamina too and the person with more stamina and who was definitely more fit won...

Dementieva_Dude
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
WOW. I'm so proud of Lena :aparty:

FrOzon
I didn't see this match, but I guess Elena wore Venus out by the end of the second set. This was probably what would have happened in the Wimbledon semifinal last year had Elena managed to take that second set tiebreak.

this

Vikapower
:unsure:
:lol: :lol: Venus played at the maximum of the level she's been showing since the end of Wimbly.
Dement stayed the same loosing the first set and catching back up as beeing the queen of 3 setters. It was a great match.:lol:

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Venus is defenitely overrated. Anyway I'm glad she lost, Dementieva will beat Serena too:lol:

And yet she has 15 more slams than your favourite, and has given her one of the worst beatdowns of her career, on her favourite surface.

That doesnt say much about Masha then, getting outdone by such an overrated player.

LudwigDvorak
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I also lost a 35 dollar bet on this match--I thought Venus would win, so I thought it was an easy 35 dollars for me. Guess not. :lol:

Oh well. :)

FrOzon
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Venus WAS that bad. I watched the match, Venus couldn't keep a ball in play, Elena just had a hitting session.

I watched the match as well.

iGOAT
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:00 PM
OMG :sobbing: I'm so happy. I came at 6-3, 3-1 and thought Lena would lose. Then I had to leave at 6-all in the tiebreak after she had blown the 6-3 lead and was sure she was a goner.

Lena you are incredible :bowdown::worship: nice win!

Now considering her record against Vee, if she can win that, she should definitely beat Ree and Kuzzie :).

AndreConrad
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Elena congrats :yeah:
Venus :hug:

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
And yet she has 15 more slams than your favourite, and has given her one of the worst beatdowns of her career, on her favourite surface.

That doesnt say much about Masha then, getting outdone by such an overrated player.

Sharapova's favorite surface is HC, you know the surface where she beat Venus 3 times.:)

miffedmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Well, either way this was going to be good news/bad news for me. Glad Lena finally broke the losing streak against Queen Vee, but I am concerned about Vee's level of play over the last few months. I admit I missed most of the match but it sounds like she suffered a major dropoff.

Lena's got a long way to go. I just hope my two faves haven't fragged each other today. On the other hand, Lena sometimes needs a good three setter to get into a groove, especially since she hasn't played for awhile.

Well, good luck to them both. The Legion of Blondes is now 2-1 on the day. (Yes, Vee is in the Legion of Blondes on a bangs exemption). Speaking of bangs, did you know I liked Lena's?

sammy01
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM
have a question for ya....do you think it works against players when you're playing your "bitch"??? sometimes it may lead the player to wait for the choke instead of going for it???

in this match, i think venus saw lena at the start of the 2nd and thought this is my match. only lena never quite capitulated completely and venus was giving her enough errors the whole way through the 1st and 2nd set to give lena hope. as the 2nd set wore on it became less about serve as lena got hers in more, and venus wasnt getting her the cheap points she wanted.

once venus lost that 2nd set, lena's fitness and consistency was always going to win out.

for me it was a case of venus never being as in control as the scoreline suggested, due to a flow of constant errors keeping lena in it. and lena never throwing in the towel as the errors of venus were kepping her afloat.

Julian.
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Speaking of bangs, did you know I liked Lena's?

OMG! Since when? :eek:

Miss Amor
Sharapova's favorite surface is HC, you know the surface where she beat Venus 3 times.:)

Yes and Stanford was Hardcourt, where Venus beat her 6-2 6-2. As I said 18 Grandslams > 3 Grandslams

You cann tell who the overrrated player is between these two.

Hugh.
Really well done Elena! :hearts: Tons of DFs, but what the hell...a fantastic win! :yeah: Some of the shots in the 3rd set were amazing :eek:

Not looking good for Venus now, only 1 win since the USO.

Nickk
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
What's wrong with Venus since the Stanfort semifinal? She's 5-7 since that match:sad:

tenn_ace
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Lena great fight :bounce:

Venus :hug: first serve is non existant in the 3rd set

bellascarlett
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
:banana:

Elwin.
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
great comeback :hearts:
Elena :worship:

M&M
great tennis by elena, never saw her playing that good like today (not talking about the first set).

congrats!

venus :hug:

Andrew Laeddis
Venus has become quite the choker in the last 3 or so years. :o

Vikapower
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
As I said 18 Grandslams > 3 Grandslams
OMG 18 GS ??? Where did she get the 11 others:confused:

winchester
Yes and Stanford was Hardcourt, where Venus beat her 6-2 6-2. As I said 18 Grandslams > 3 Grandslams

You cann tell who the overrrated player is between these two.

You mean, the day where Vee beat Shoulderpova:lol::lol: and please stop talking about doubles career, I don't give a shit about that, you should worry about Serena atm:tape:

CooCooCachoo
:woohoo: Good job Elena.

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
OMG 18 GS ??? Where did she get the 11 others:confused:

You mean, the day where Vee beat Shoulderpova:lol::lol: and please stop talking about doubles career, I don't give a shit about that, you should worry about Serena atm:tape:

So just because Pova cannot play doubles and you don't care, you want me to discount that part of Venus's career?:lol:. And she leads Pova in singles too :shrug:

Anyways again I will say 19>3. Its easy to spot who the overrated player is.

Funny, but not as funny as Pova fans calling Venus overrated. Whats next? Kournikova fans calling Serena overrated?

shap_half
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Excellent third set for Elena. Some of those cross court forehands were just delish.

DiscoStick
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
:eek: I stopped following the match when she was a set and a few BPs down... Can't believe she pulled it off.. When did she last beat V?

Go Lena! Win 'em all!

DiscoStick
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:18 PM
OMG WAS THERE A STREAM? :o

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Venus played an amazing match up to 6-3 6*-5, except for that small blurp serving at 3-2. She was serving amazingly well, being agressive, not missing much.

Then Elena started taking more chances in the points, making less mistakes at it. She played a great tiebreak up to 6-3, i really thought vee would get it once she saved those three.

In the third, just Vee having bad footwork, especially on the backhand. Her backhand was short and way too low over the net all match. Also, all of those foot faults were ridiculous.

Credits to Elena for playing a very good second half of this match and just staying hyper solid on her groundies.

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Since when Pova can't play doubles, she just doesnt give a shit, like most top players:lol: anyway Venus off grass courts sucks. Just take a look at her results outside of Wimbledon since 2004:help:

madmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:24 PM
So just because Pova cannot play doubles and you don't care, you want me to discount that part of Venus's career?:lol:. And she leads Pova in singles too :shrug:

Anyways again I will say 18>3. Its easy to spot who the overrated player is.

Funny, but not as funny as Pova fans calling Venus overrated. Whats next? Kournikova fans calling Serena overrated?

well, let's start that Pova is still very young, actually 7 years younger than Queen Vee, and she has plenty of time to catch up with slam count, starting from AO next year...secondly Pova's career was a bit unfortunate injury wise and she rarely could produce her best tennis and be completely healthy. As far as talent goes, she won that Vee's favorite slam at the tender age of 17, beating other WS in the final. If that is not a talent, when what is:rolleyes:

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Since when Pova can't play doubles, she just doesnt give a shit, like most top players:lol: anyway Venus off grass courts sucks. Just take a look at her results outside of Wimbledon since 2004:help:

Still doesn't clarify how an 19 time GS champ is called overrated and a 3time GS champ isn't does it? :lol: :lol:

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
well, let's start that Pova is still very young, actually 7 years younger than Queen Vee, and she has plenty of time to catch up with slam count, starting from AO next year...secondly Pova's career was a bit unfortunate injury wise and she rarely could produce her best tennis and be completely healthy. As far as talent goes, she won that Vee's favorite slam at the tender age of 17, beating other WS in the final. If that is not a talent, when what is:rolleyes:

Fact remains Venus's 19 GS/ 3OG> Masha's 3 GS, Wimbledon at 17 or not. Only fools will say that Venus is overrated and Masha isn't.

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Fact remains Venus's 18 GS/ 3OG> Masha's 3 GS, Wimbledon at 17 or not. Only fools will say that Venus is overrated and Masha isn't.

She has 19:speakles::(

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
She has 19:speakles::(

:worship: Even better, I always messup with that last Slam. Its hard to keep tally of the tremendous Achievements of this highly overrated player.

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Venus please do something with your serve it's horrible right now ;) So if Serena wins tonight, Venus is going to beat her tomorrow ;) 100% sure ;)

ce
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
venus :lol:
well done Elena

ZODIAC
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:33 PM
this is a meaningless win if Dementieva goes on to lose the next two matches.

sammy01
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Fact remains Venus's 18 GS/ 3OG> Masha's 3 GS, Wimbledon at 17 or not. Only fools will say that Venus is overrated and Masha isn't.

there both overrated, venus because serena adds to the aura. i still have no idea why people back venus outside of wimbledon, other than she is seen as as capable as serena on the other surfaces when she isn't.

as for maria she won a slam very young, so expectation was very high, add in she supposedly pretty and you have hype/expectation beyond her stature.

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:35 PM
:worship: Even better, I always messup with that last Slam. Its hard to keep tally of the tremendous Achievements of this highly overrated player.

Just say it, you dont care about doubles or mixtes:lol:

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Which do you think you forgot?:speakles:

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
there both overrated, venus because serena adds to the aura. i still have no idea why people back venus outside of wimbledon, other than she is seen as as capable as serena on the other surfaces when she isn't.

as for maria she won a slam very young, so expectation was very high, add in she supposedly pretty and you have hype/expectation beyond her stature.

Neither Venus or Maria are overratted ;) they have been ,after Serena,the best players on the tour for the last couple of years ;)

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Just say it, you dont care about doubles or mixtes:lol:

Run out of arguments have you? I know its hard to justify how the player you dislike is overrated when she has 16 more Grandslams than your favourite.

sammy01
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Neither Venus or Maria are overratted ;) they have been ,after Serena,the best players on the tour for the last couple of years ;)

henin has actually ;)

miffedmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM
TOB and Venus both lost to freakin' DEMENTIEVA in their last meetings with the slamless, bangless, peakless, serveless, tacticless, sometimes clueless wonder.

I think it's time you ALL stopped your squabbling, retreated to your OWN rooms and seriously considered the possibility that BOTH your FAVES are if not overrated, seriously past their peaks.

MegaDethly
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM
there both overrated, venus because serena adds to the aura.

No, the opposite is true: Venus is underrated and overlooked because of Serena's successes. Isn't that blindingly obvious? And what do you mean 'because serena adds to that aura'? What does that mean? Venus was a human pong in the days when all Serena could do was suck her thumbs and watch on wishing she had Vee's game.

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Which do you think you forgot?:speakles:

1998 AO. I was too young back then and didn't really follow tennis :lol:

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
henin has actually ;)

I doubt that henin would have achived any of her success without the help of chemistry ;)

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Just like Sammy said, Venus benefits from Serena's success, how can you not see that?

Uranium
1998 AO. I was too young back then and didn't really follow tennis :lol:

How could you?:speakles: That pic is probably my favorite of all her slam pics, the kangaroo makes the pic just :hearts:

sammy01
No, the opposite is true: Venus is underrated and overlooked because of Serena's successes. Isn't that blindingly obvious? And what do you mean 'because serena adds to that aura'? What does that mean? Venus was a human pong in the days when all Serena could do was suck her thumbs and watch on wishing she had Vee's game.

nothing of that makes sense :help:

I doubt that henin would have achived any of her success without the help of chemistry ;)

:help: thats a very sad thing to say.

DragonFlame
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:44 PM

:rolleyes: stop being such a sore loser please. No need to make retarded comments about justine.

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:45 PM
nothing of that makes sense :help:

:help: thats a very sad thing to say.

Sad but TRUE, so as I said if Serena wins tonight, Venus will bet her tomorrow :)

MegaDethly
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Sammy it sounds like you're pretedning to be confused. Respond or be wrong.

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes: stop being such a sore loser please. No need to make retarded comments about justine.

Thats my opinion and I believe we're all free to say what we think,aren't we ;)

Dodoboy.
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I'm really not that mad, i'm trying to detach myself from Venus emotionally, it's so hard!

But this loss didn't hurt at all :crying2: I don't understand how she let this go but whatever, she'll probably end up 0-3. Who cares, good luck. Or whatever :shrug:

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Just like Sammy said, Venus benefits from Serena's success, how can you not see that?

Sammy has been spewing shit about the WS since god knows when, why would I care what he has to say about them?

And if you yourself have nothing to say about how a 19-time GS champ is more overrated than a 3 time GS champ, then whats the point of beating around the bush and grasping for straws by asking me if I care about doubles and shit like that?

DragonFlame
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM

You're accusing someone that you don't know of something very serious without a shred of proof. That has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it's pure slander. Get your head out of your ass.

LCS
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM
This is what I'm talking about. Venus looked way too flat in that third set, poor physical condition I must say. Elena :worship:

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Sammy has been spewing shit about the WS since god knows when, why would I care what he has to say about them?

And if you yourself have nothing to say about how a 19-time GS champ is more overrated than a 3 time GS champ, then whats the point of beating around the bush and grasping for straws by asking me if I care about doubles and shit like that?

:worship: That troll has pent up anger since his fave sucks, so he takes it out on the WS:angel:

sammy01
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Sammy it sounds like you're pretedning to be confused. Respond or be wrong.

here you go then, i'll make it simple for you

serena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> venus

so when lumped together it is obvious who will leach from the others greater status and be over favoured interms of fave to win slams.

miffedmax

Um, not entirely. Saying "Lena looks great with bangs" or "Lena looks like shit with bangs" is an opinion.

Accusing a player of using banned substances without evidence is not expressing an opinion, no matter how cutely you try to phrase it, it's unethical and perhaps illegal in some jurisdictions.

And I'm a card-carrying Henin-hater, for the record.

AnywhereButHome
You're accusing someone that you don't know of something very serious without a shred of proof. That has nothing with freedom of speech, it's pure slander. Get your head out of your ass.

I don't need a proof to think so...plus her surprisingly weak 2008 (after being almost unbeatable in 2007) and her unexpected 2-year ritirement is enough for me :)

MaBaker
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Good job Elena :inlove:

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM

That's not just because he said so, Venus out of Wimbledon has done nothing since 2004, and again this year she was a hot mess, except in doubles with Serena's help of course.

RenaSlam.
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Venus' first serve % in the second and third sets were below 50%. Not surprised she lost. Awful.

Foot's Fingers
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM
yes LENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fighting spirit that i wanted from you

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had a feeling she would be briken when serving at 5-5 at second set Then ia had a feeling if she would win tb she should win final set AND SHE DID IT!!!

LOVE YOU LENA

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I don't need a proof to think so...plus her surprisingly weak 2008 (after being almost unbeatable in 2007) and her unexpected 2-year ritirement is enough for me :)

:o let's not go there for much in the same way they hate you doing it, you're going to hate and have hated whenever people say the same things about the ws

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
:o let's not go there for much in the same way they hate you doing it, you're going to hate and have hated whenever people say the same things about the ws

Just saying what I think :) And nobody is expected to think the same way as I do :)

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
That's not just because he said so, Venus out of Wimbledon has done nothing since 2004, and again this year she was a hot mess, except in doubles with Serena's help of course.

Since you havent seen the doubles (as you dont care), you have no right to comment on that. Venus did equally well in doubles, it wasn't just serena; on the contrary in the important matches like the Wimbledon Doubles Final it was mostly Venus doing the work.

And why is everyone so eager to discount wimbledon? She has won 2 singles slams/1 OG/4 Doubles Slams and 1 yec. More than Sharapova has in her entire career.

PS:- Note the the people who will come in her blaming the 'WS Fans', it wasn't a WS fan who turned this into a Masha vs Vee convo.
We can see who the Overrated player is now huh?

And if you want to talk about Sharapova still being young...

Vee at the age of 22 already had 13 Grandslams and 2 olympic golds.

sammy01
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM

exactly, he wouldn't be saying 'ok thats your opinion' if i said serena or venus were on banned substances.

i knew there was a reason you weren't on ignore. :kiss:

!Gio!
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I love both of them, they are superstars and favorites of mine and even though this match was a bit loony at times especially from Vee, it was still far more interesting than watching the Ararenka bore fest/Jelena never showed up match.
Too bad someone had to lose but it was really hot and humid out there and Elena outlasted Venus(Venus lose it completely in the third). It was still a nice match and better than 99 percent of the horrible matches we got this past season, hopefully someone from their group will win the YEC.
Good luck Vee, good luck Lena!!!

DragonFlame
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Obviously you have no idea what topsport means then if you don't know the cycle topathletes go through. It's all about build-up, perform and recovery. The last part obviously didn't go well.

According to your theory then jankovic, ivanovic, sharapova, venus, any player must have used it since they are up and down in the last 2 years.

Other then that, if justine was so called 'banned' behind screens she wouldn't be away for 1 1/2 year, but 2 full years. Which isn't the case here.

This is just you not being able to be fair against your favourites competitors. Which is kinda sad. :wavey:

madmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Since you havent seen the doubles (as you dont care), you have no right to comment on that. Venus did equally well in doubles, it wasn't juat serena on the contrary in the important matches like the Wimbledon Doubles Final it was mostly Venus doing the work.

And why is everyone so eager to discount wimbledon? She has won 2 singles slams/1 OG/4 Doubles Slams and 1 yec. More than Sharapova has in her entire career.

PS:- Note the the people who will come in her blaming the 'WS Fans', it wasn't a WS fan who turned this into a Masha vs Vee convo.
We can see who the Overrated player is now huh?

And if you want to talk about Sharapova still being young...

Vee at the age of 22 already had 13 Grandslams and 2 olympic golds.

again, your obsession with doubles career is a bit overboard here I feel...you know we have a separate forum for that crap and it's followers, go and praise her there. And the fact still remains that outside of IW grass Queen Vee is very much fragile and not very consitent so to speak. And calling Pova overrated isn't gonna make her less of a force on hard stuff:wavey:

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:10 PM
again, your obsession with doubles career is a bit overboard here I feel...you know we have a separate forum for that crap and it's followers, go and praise her there. And the fact still remains that outside of IW grass Queen Vee is very much fragile and not very consitent so to speak. And calling Pova overrated isn't gonna make her less of a force on hard stuff:wavey:

Doubles is a part of tennis, and its not like Venus trails pova in singles so I have to use doubles as an excuse either. Just because Pova couldn't play (Even though she tried it in 2003/2004/2009), doesnt mean it is crap.

Venus haters have this delusion that Wimbledon and Doubles doesn't belong in tennis :spit:

19 > 3

Overrated player > Non-overrated ? :spit:

P_Fer
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Awesome win Lena! :woohoo: Good comeback!
Good luck in your next matches! :yeah:

AnywhereButHome
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Obviously you have no idea what topsport means then if you don't know the cycle topathletes go through. It's all about build-up, perform and recovery. The last part obviously didn't go well.

According to your theory then jankovic, ivanovic, sharapova, venus, any player must have used it since they are up and down in the last 2 years.

Other then that, if justine was so called 'banned' behind screens she wouldn't be away for 1 1/2 year, but 2 full years. Which isn't the case here.

This is just you not being able to be fair against your favourites competitors. Which is kinda sad. :wavey:

Neither Jankovic, Ivanovic, or Sharapova were so dominating as hinin was ;) Moreover, except Ivanovic, they haven't been soooooooo dooown after being sooooooo upppppp ;);) Furthermore, neither of them has retired yet even though they have had a couple of bad loses.

So if henin hadn't used chemistry, then she is one big cowerd :)

Uranium
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Doubles, like reetard said, is a part of tennis, whether Venus and Serena play it or not, doubles is a big part of tennis. Maybe not so much Mixed because they turned it into a joke now, but women's doubles is a very big part of tennis today and if it wasn't it wouldn't have more than half of the top 10 playing in the slams and relatively regularly on tour. This is a tennis forum, doubles is tennis, so it should be discussed here as well as a player's TENNIS achievements. Venus is fragile outside Wimbledon:shrug:
And since this is discussion has NOTHING to do with the result, I think it should stop:)

Tanja8
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Um, not entirely. Saying "Lena looks great with bangs" or "Lena looks like shit with bangs" is an opinion.

Accusing a player of using banned substances without evidence is not expressing an opinion, no matter how cutely you try to phrase it, it's unethical and perhaps illegal in some jurisdictions.

And I'm a card-carrying Henin-hater, for the record.
:worship:
(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to miffedmax again;))

FrOzon
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
So if henin hadn't used chemistry, then she is one big cowerd :)

I see this coward somewhere else to be honest...

winchester
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Venus is fragile outside Wimbledon:shrug:

This, that's just what I wanted to see.

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Doubles, like reetard said, is a part of tennis, whether Venus and Serena play it or not, doubles is a big part of tennis.

Exactly. And the career stats say 19 Grandslams, which is much better than 3.

If the player who has won that many is overrated, I would rather be overrated than win 16 less slams and be called talented.

HenryMag.
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Amazing come back by Lena, venus played great until 63 31 then she started to drop her level and Lena started to make her play, going for her shots and make some UEs. In TB Lena was great until 6-3, thank god she won it. 3rd set was just to finish the job, Venus was tired.

Those returns when Venus served for the match were :drool:

Lulu.
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM
:eek:

Slutati
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:30 PM
OMG Elena. :inlove: Thank you so much. :bowdown::bowdown:
So sad I missed this match. So so sad, but whatever. :bowdown:
Win the title now, babygirl. You're the best. :kiss:

joe87
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Well done Lena :yeah: :worship:

And thanks for saving my ass in Suicide Tennis :kiss:

cn ireland
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Congrats Elena:banana:!

Venus:hug:!

Aaric
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Well done Lena :rocker2:

Sexysova
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:45 PM
wMOsfEsgKV8

miffedmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Forget the hearse 'cause she never dies
She's got nine lives
Cat's eyes
Abusin' every one of them and running wild

'Cause she's back
Yes, she's back
Well, she's back
Yes, she's back
Well, she's back, back
(Well) she's back in black
Yes, she's back in black

(But not in bangs).

Rock on, Lena!

new-york
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM
apparently decent level of play still hasn't caught the plane.

in control.
losing it. :(

Well done Demented for finish it off.

olympus28
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Venus is a ghost nowadays, cant wait for her wake up :p more she will be down more the come back will be delicious :bounce:

serenafann
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Love you Venus,you gave that away.

hankqq
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM
another horrific loss for Venus :o :lol: :weirdo: Just another match this season that she completely gave away after being in complete control :help:

Dementieva has proven that she needs Venus to have a serious letdown in order to win :spit: She was like an energy-sapping leech today that Venus just couldn't pry off her leg :sobbing:

Sammm
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:22 PM
another horrific loss for Venus :o :lol: :weirdo: Just another match this season that she completely gave away after being in complete control :help:

Dementieva has proven that she needs Venus to have a serious letdown in order to win :spit: She was like an energy-sapping leech today that Venus just couldn't pry from her leg :sobbing:

Eleecha Dementieva :yeah:

Hopefully Venus and Elena will both qualify.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Pathetic Venus!!! Horrid!

perseus2006
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Venus was able to play for an hour, then wilted dramatically. Elena was just getting warmed up at the hour mark. This match was totally determined by match fitness: one of Elena's strongest weapons.

Well done Elena!!!

The Pova, Serena and Henin comments in this thread are inappropriate and disgusting.

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It doesn't take much to outplay Venus these days as her baseline game is non-existent but Lena did an excellent job to eventually get into the match. I really hope for a Lena vs Serena final.

As for Venus, I'm not gonna say she is finished but she does look spent.

BoucharDRules
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Good job Lena! :bounce:

darrinbaker00
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Venus' first serve % in the second and third sets were below 50%. Not surprised she lost. Awful.
Yep. If you give a great returner like Dementieva a lot of second serves to hit, you're going to get hurt.

Feyd
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Yep. If you give a great returner like Dementieva a lot of second serves to hit, you're going to get hurt.

If you can't return Lena's average to bad serves, you will get hurt too.

darrinbaker00
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM
If you can't return Lena's average to bad serves, you will get hurt too.
Fortunately for her, she solved that problem today by getting three out of every five first serves in.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:43 PM
:eek: Lena. Just when I give up on you. OMG, I'm speechless.

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM
As for Venus, I'm willing to believe she was up a break in the second (I don't know, didn't see the match) or at least had some sort of lead in the tiebreak. I don't know WTF is wrong with her. This is a good win for Lena but an equally bad loss for Venus.

simonsaystennis
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Venus :o

darrinbaker00
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Miffedmax and I have argued for years over who has the best legs on tour. Well, Max, this match settles that argument.....for now. ;)

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Miffedmax and I have argued for years over who has the best legs on tour. Well, Max, this match settles that argument.....for now. ;)
They're equal. :p

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM
As for Venus, I'm willing to believe she was up a break in the second (I don't know, didn't see the match) or at least had some sort of lead in the tiebreak.

Venus was 63 31 up, serving for the match at 63 65, saved triple SP at the TB but doublefaulted to lose the set.

-VSR-
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Awesome. Never fail to disappoint Venus... seriously. :rolleyes:

V's a star
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:56 PM
VENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ur shit. i leave for work at 63 65 and come home u lose 6-2 in the 3rd to ELENA WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY MEEEEE

Lord Choc Ice
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Venus was 63 31 up, served for the match at 63 65, saved triple SP at the TB but doublefaulted to lose the set.
Ouch. :sad: Poor girl. :hug:

Foals.
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Elena! :worship: Turned from Faultieva :o to Fightieva, good job! :D
Elena was lucky to win the games she did in the first and to hold on to 3-3 in 2nd set but from then onwards showed some purpose.
She was more of the aggressor in the tiebreak so probably deserved it. Even Elena didnt look like losing from 4-0 up in the last.
I actually felt sorry for Venus at times she almost looked lost.

tennisforadults
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM

SCUM. There, my opinion expressed. ;)

(Winking seems to make everything cuter.)

VeeJJ
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I only watched the highlights but it seems to me Venus is losing a bit of her speed.

Topspin2
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Great win for Lena! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WA4OUOpM2M&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WA4OUOpM2M&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nico_E
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
congrats Venus, you found a way to lose a match to a player who was as nervous as a virgin on prom night and was closing her eyes praying she could get enough serves in not to finish with 30 DF's.

Zojirushi
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Great fight back Lena:worship:

Goodluck in the next match:)

The Dawntreader
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Wierd match. Up until 6-3 3-1, it looked like the same recurrent stroll for Venus that she so often has against Dementieva. Especially as Dementieva was imploding majorly on serve.

All it took was one lousy service game for Venus's game to start leaking errors. It's so strange nowadays. Even as recently as two years ago, Venus would lose matches a lot of the time due to a slew of unforced errors, often due to a bold, unrelenting gamestyle. Now it's the absolute opposite. Venus gets outplayed a lot these days, because her baseline game has become so workmanlike, almost tepid against aggressive ball-strikers. It's flattering to decieve, because she doesn't make 45 errors a match now. It's almost the same effect though, except she's being bested at her own style.

Tough loss for Venus, and it was that Wimbledon final that has ignited this dismal form. Even in Stanford, the form wasn't of the ilk we would expect from Venus.

Dementieva stayed resilent and found her forehand deep in that second set, after looking decidely robotic off the ground for about 40 minutes. Her serve really got more pacey in the third, and she started mixing up the placement which suceeded in throwing Venus off any kind of return rhythm.

Some nice points in the tie-break and final set, but Venus's form was a real sticking point in this match. From control to obscurity.

MBM
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:31 AM
oh my holy f*cking mary of that son of a bitch of a christ hanging off the cross! I left this match when venus was serving for it in the second! WTF happened!!!!! you have to be cocking kidding the christ out of my f*cking buggery bollocks!? I am PISSED!

V's a star
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Pink dresses are officially cursed:speakles:

Renalicious
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:39 AM
If Elena can win against Venus anyone can. :sobbing: (Given her record.)

miffedmax
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM

:lol: Yes. I think we will have to continue our research into this important question.

Purely for scientific purposes, of course. (Now I have to mention those bangs).

samsam4087
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Well done Elena

volta
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Venus cant even win a match against her bitch these days. At this rate even Patty and Hantuchova have a huge shot at pulling a off a victory by just showing up :o

thegreendestiny
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Finally... Thank you Lena. :worship:

MechWarrior2k
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:21 AM
How many double faults did the Queen muster up? When it was 6-5 Venus in the 2nd, Dementieva had already made 13 of them. She's trying in vain to outdo Safina.

V-MAC
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Wierd match. Up until 6-3 3-1, it looked like the same recurrent stroll for Venus that she so often has against Dementieva. Especially as Dementieva was imploding majorly on serve.
All it took was one lousy service game for Venus's game to start leaking errors. It's so strange nowadays. Even as recently as two years ago, Venus would lose matches a lot of the time due to a slew of unforced errors, often due to a bold, unrelenting gamestyle. Now it's the absolute opposite. Venus gets outplayed a lot these days, because her baseline game has become so workmanlike, almost tepid against aggressive ball-strikers. It's flattering to decieve, because she doesn't make 45 errors a match now. It's almost the same effect though, except she's being bested at her own style.

Tough loss for Venus, and it was that Wimbledon final that has ignited this dismal form. Even in Stanford, the form wasn't of the ilk we would expect from Venus.

Dementieva stayed resilent and found her forehand deep in that second set, after looking decidely robotic off the ground for about 40 minutes. Her serve really got more pacey in the third, and she started mixing up the placement which suceeded in throwing Venus off any kind of return rhythm.

Some nice points in the tie-break and final set, but Venus's form was a real sticking point in this match. From control to obscurity.

Nice analysis:) (btw, were you dl05 before by any chance or some name like that?)

However, the warning signs were already more than going off for Venus from the beginning of the 2nd set.
Elena's serve was so horrid at the start of that set that Vee really had to do nothing much, only look to win at least 1 point herself in the game to ensure a break which she did eventually with a sweet backhand to go up 2-0. Yet in the rare chance where Elena would find a serve and a rally would develop, who was winning all of these baseline duels?:help: I even said it in the live scoring thread at the time when Vee was up 3-1 that the match still felt it had a long way to go coz once Elena would find some rhythm on her serve, Vee would be in trouble....and we know what happened.Though I didn't bank on Vee's serve completely deserting her the way it did.. or that mini comeback in the tiebreak only to see a lazy dumped bh error dash our hopes again:( I'm intiruged to see where Vee goes from here though.

Miranda
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:18 AM
oh gold, Elena won against Venus? :confused::lol:, well I like them both but Elena a bit more, so its good :lol:

UDACHi
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:34 AM
the foot fault calls were highly suspicious when she was serving for the match....what else is new:rolleyes:

:haha:
so many PSYCHO venus fans. if i hadn't become a member of this board, i'd surely still be a huge venus supporter. no fan base as obnoxious as that of the williams.
good work by elena to grind it out. she let venus fall apart and held her nerve. advance to the semis bi0tch.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:58 AM
WTF Venus? :banghead:

Lena :yeah:

Edinboro
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I am so happy for Lena! I was out all day and just saw the result. I am almost in tears. This win was so important for me.. And Lena too. Im watching it on TC now. :)

miffedmax
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:02 AM
oh gold, Elena won against Venus? :confused::lol:, well I like them both but Elena a bit more, so its good :lol:

No, Lena lost gold against Venus. This is partial payback. ;)

They're both way cool though. Lena's fringe.

(Just for variety).

miffedmax
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:06 AM
:haha:
so many PSYCHO venus fans. if i hadn't become a member of this board, i'd surely still be a huge venus supporter. no fan base as obnoxious as that of the williams.
good work by elena to grind it out. she let venus fall apart and held her nerve. advance to the semis bi0tch.

Now now now. There are a surprising number of Elena/Venus or Venus/Elena fans out there.

Everybody play nice and like Vee and Lena both did in their post-match interviews.

Let's save the rough stuff for Vika and JJ.:p

BTW, Lena's bangs are aesthetically pleasing to me.

davidmario
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:09 AM
i thought venus looked so fresh and fit until the end of the second set. then, her stamina again lost her the match. she should go running for a thousand miles!

DS.Fan.
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Vee!Why?:sobbing:

Julian
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Its about damn time lol

Good luck next match Lena!

Roookie
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Wasn't Venus serving for the match 6-5 in the second?. Congrats Elena.

Golindz
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Vee :( :sad:

DimaDinosaur
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Venus is no longer a champion. The fall cometh!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:41 AM
A mess

Daniel
Oct 28th, 2009, 09:00 AM
:clap2:

gmak
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
lena :woohoo: :yeah: :hearts:
finally a win over venus :)

Joe.
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
the second set was really high quality :)
but i have to admit, the final set from venus was awful :o

im really happy for lena though :D great fighting :yeah:

ZODIAC
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM
a win over a 7 gs champion,3 gold medals,former no.1,41 titles winner,leader on tour,a player that has owned you for the most part of your career and has denied you big titles... yes Elena must be excited...but this is a rr you could lose to Venus again. H2H 9-3 thats a beating for sure.
Venus gifted this to Elena and she knows it too...