PDA

View Full Version : Doha RR: [6]Victoria Azarenka def. [8]Jelena Jankovic 6-2, 6-3

Julian.
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
What the hell is that JJ? Unforced errors machine. :help: Those DFs at the last game :spit:

Good job Vika!

Mikey.
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Well done Vika :inlove: First ever YEC win. :D

Jelena was hopeless. :lol: She couldn't keep a ball in the court.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Vika played great. Jelena isnt a fighter, total tank in the last game when she knew she was going to lose.

SAEKeithSerena
i expected this.

Broseghini
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I prefeer Zvonareva :o
JJ :o

Hashim.
JJ:tape: no words!:rolleyes:

Vika:yeah::)

TheBoiledEgg
well done Vika ;) :woohoo: :D
got job done, 1st set didnt have to do much
2nd set harder, had to dig deep and did it

and even better for Vika is a 2-0 win :bounce: :woohoo:

Slutiana
Awful, awful match. WTA!! :bowdown:

Noctis
Pathetic over 30 UE Vika made more Error too.
Take her out aswell Dinara

Feyd
Jelena Jankovic is quickly becoming a brainless ballbasher. :lol:

madmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
routine job Vika, Jankovic is useless these days anyway..

Keegan
Yay! :D

дalex
Jelena's last name is Errorenka! :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
You played great JJ! :D.............no :rolleyes:
Vika though.:worship: Good debut.:D :rocker2:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:38 PM
jj :tape:

Eduardo Oliveira
Great Vika :worship:

Optima
That's probably one of the worst matches I have ever seen JJ play.

thegreendestiny
The match was not that bad. Nice to see change in roles from both players. I'm surprised Vika can play a very good defense game and JJ hitting hard.

Jelena's challenges were :tape:

olivero
Damn it :( Errolena :bigcry:

well done Vika :) hope she qualifies to the semis

rada
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM
oh my! Jelena that was pretty poor but i'm glad Vika won she clearly wants to play and win :)

Michael!
Barbara Schett just said: "Azarenka played unbelievable" :spit:
Well, good performance from her, but nothing special, JJ was just too weak...

Brena

No, she's a brainless pusher - she doesn't hit the ball hard but she misses the court by a mile nevertheless. :worship:

Jelena, go hide under some rock.

bavaria86
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Vika:woohoo::woohoo:

John.
:o Great start to the tourney

ce
JJ :shrug:
well done Vika

adrovi
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Vika :worship::worship:

Vikapower
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Nicely done Vika !

Kabomba
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
OMG,and Shett is now saying Vika was aggressive ,and Jelena too passive:tape: Was she even watching this match?

Mikey.
That's probably one of the worst matches I have ever seen JJ play.

Agreed! :o

is1531
Great job for Vicki in her ist opportunity playing at Doha. Shake Em Up Janko had 2 DF's in her last service in game 9 set 2. Shake EM up was useless today.

Adal
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Nicely done by Vika.

That was an awful performance by Jankovic though.

Dini.
Schett? It's in the name. :tape:

Marionated
Jelena shouldn't have played here. Awful performance.

Jorn
Well done Vika! :)

Jelena :o

JJ vs Dina will be :help:

delicatecutter
Good job Vika! :D

Ciarán
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Didn't expect such a routine win :eek:

MaBaker
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:45 PM

thegreendestiny
Why is Barbara being interviewed by Anabel?

fouc
disappointing mediocrity from JJ:o

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Babsi has dentures.

Temperenka
Well done, Victoria!! :) She did what she had to against a struggling Jankovic. Quality was alright for a few games mid-second set. But I'm very happy Vika was finally able to score another top 10 win. :cool:

Keep it going against Caroline tomorrow!

BournemouthBoy
good match, errors were forced.

Princeza
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Well done http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Amour/ourson-amour-9215.gif

pokey camp
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM
:rolleyes: Dreadful JJ. Just dreadful.

phelbyn
Well done Azarenka! Jankovic was quite lucky to make it to the YEC.

:):):)

!Gio!
Jelena played bad, 33 errors in two sets especially in the 1st set and Vika played solid and was consistent but damn someone put a sock in her, she has to be the loudest girl I have ever heard, its like a siren on court, I had to mute her! LOL
Anyway Jelena better pick it up(come on girl get it together) and Vika did a great job besides the banshee crying!

By the way, I love Babs but today she is just annoying and why the hell are they interviewing her.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Did anyone hear that laugh from the crowd near the end of the second set? :haha: :rolls: It was so funny, I think she was laughing at Victoria's grunt.

Agata.
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM
bad performance from Jelena, so many UEs :( :hug:

Well done Vika

Julian.
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Did anyone hear that laugh from the crowd near the end of the second set? :haha: :rolls: It was so funny, I think she was laughing at Victoria's grunt.

I thought it was kinda mean :sobbing:

Sexysova
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:53 PM
tI-alazdPYw

spencercarlos
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:55 PM
This is where we should have done the WC rule for this 8th underserved and slumping player-spot.

madmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:55 PM

yeah, it was pretty much hilarious:lol:Vika was screaming and scrambling like she was chased by some chainsaw wielding monster, it was very entertaining to watch:bounce:

Igor_Biscan
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:56 PM
It's not a word used much to describe Vika but I thought she played a smart game - didn't give JJ too much pace to work with but attacked when she had the openings. In the first set she didn't have to do much, just let JJ make the errors but Jelena picked things up in the second and Vika raised her game accordingly. Second set was pretty good I thought.

Illusionist
Bad game plan for Jelena, and too much unforced errors. I got the impression her brain was off, and she just tried to overpower Azarenka, but she couldn't. I hope she'll still make it to the semis, but we'll see. Good luck JJ!

Optima
yeah, it was pretty much hilarious:lol:Vika was screaming and scrambling like she was chased by some chainsaw wielding monster, it was very entertaining to watch:bounce:

I heard that person laugh :rolls: She's so ridiculous.

Julian.
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
That laugh sounded like a witch's laugh. It was scary. :haha:

Just Do It
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I've never seen something like this :speakles: Basically every 2nd point ended with JJ's error.

Dave.
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Vika :yeah: The best possible start for her. Keep this up.

Lovely finish to the match, and I love her outfit. :hearts:

P_Fer
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Vika :yeah: Nice win!

JJ:( play better in your next matches

choi15
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I missed the match, so I went to the WTA site to check the results, and was like WTF!!!!

it says currently:

viky df v.williams 62 63 :eek:

does it say this for anyone else?

I was like wtf, did they change everything while I was at school? :lol::lol::lol:

nice to know, it's acutally JJ she beat whew...

TF pwns WTA.... :)

VIKA?
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Amazing, what a way to start the YEC:inlove: congrats:yeah:

Jelena:hug:

Acinolbaj
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Vika :hearts:

Derek.
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Yeahhh, Vika! :banana:

Mina Vagante
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Why was Vika wearing bricks on her feet ? :tape:

Ballbasher
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Vika :yeah: :inlove:

RenaSlam.
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Vika destroyed her. Awesome to see her play such great tennis.

*Jean*
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Janka Janka :sad:

Roookie
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Vika destroyed her. Awesome to see her play such great tennis.

Where?....I didn't see it. Wicka didn't have to do anything, just push the ball and wait for the errors. Bitch neeeds to STFU and stop cheating with all the grunting and over-the-top "C'mons!!".

Jelena :hug:.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
vika didn't play great...solid match yes but she literally just had to wait till jj hit the error :tape:

miffedmax
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Bwa ha ha. My evil brat beat your evil brat.

Now, in bang-related developments...

Temperenka
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I hope JJ improves. She doesn't deserve to be here in the first place... but to have deadweight in the YEC draw is disappointing. If she gets her heart into it, she could easily beat Caroline and Dinara. I feel badly for Vera who would easily have qualified if not for her injury. :sad:

Optima
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Irina needs to go away.

Nikkiri
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Vika :yeah:

vrp1
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Good start Vika :kiss: .....

G&R
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:43 PM
JJ :o almost the whole match she was sleeping
but congrats to Vika she played very well and was more solid than Jelena

lauraa00
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well done Vika! I love her shoes :D

Was it my TV or Victoria really gained weight?? That is not a criticism, not at all.

Andreas
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Great start, Vika :inlove: So happy to see her win like that. I was so afraid she'd choke after going from 3-1 to 3-3 in the 2nd set :unsure:

Jelena :tears::hug: Please beat Safina!

Dodoboy.
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:48 PM
JJ was WOEFUL!

Beat
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM

or simply brainless (without the ballbasher-bit)... :help:

Njay16
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Did anyone read the interviews after the match? There is no love on the tour these days :lol:

“I basically gave her everything. I beat myself,” Jankovic said. “I just was trying to get in the match, get my rhythm. But unfortunately, that never happened. … I was really a shadow of myself.”

“I’m glad she gave me the match, and she was not in the mood,” Azarenka said. “It worked out pretty well for me.”

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
:rolls: Some one make a seperate thread about these two interviews

cn ireland
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
JJ:sad:!

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Everyone who still believes Azarenka is a brainless ballbasher should watch the match.

Josh.
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Well that was throughly unexpected. JJ to go 2-1. I can feel it. :yeah:

Break My Rapture
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Vika :hearts:

hankqq
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:22 PM
really terrible from JJ :tape:

Azarenka was solid in her YEC debut :shrug:

Pasta-Na
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:26 PM
na li's spirit possessed jj. :tape:

simonsaystennis
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Make it through the RR Vika! Great start!

rucolo
Oct 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Strong play, Vika!:yeah:
Well deserved victory.
Vika finished the match with a winner, a forehand longline winner.:D

Some great points in end of set 2.:drool:

Jelena:sad::hug:
Did not improve from Moscow tournament.

So nice to see Babsi Schett and Anastasia Myskina again!:hearts:

sCoTt.ChE.
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Jelena, looks like another :shrug: performance from you.
Fortunately you still have a chance of getting out of the group whether you want to or not as its such a weak group.

Zojirushi
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Nice & solid play from Victoria:)

JJ so many ues...

ivanban
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Oh my, JJ :help: Good thing I didn't record this utter crap of match :tape:

njnetswill
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Hopefully Vika recognizes the opportunity she has and steps up. As long as she keeps her emotions in check and reduces her UEs she can do good things. Then again, I also said that of Nicole Vaidisova. :o

Nico_E
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:32 AM
i really like this Azarenka, an original girl, great effort/attitude on court and no annoying antics - breath of fresh air

hopefully she takes over the game soon.

Renalicious
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Noooo. :sad: At least you looked good Jeca. :hearts:

ivanban
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
i really like this Azarenka, an original girl, great effort/attitude on court and no annoying antics - breath of fresh air

:spit:

Julian.
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:51 AM

:haha:

Langers
Oct 28th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Can I make bets for the AO yet? Azarenka will win the 2010 Australian Open. :)

DimaDinosaur
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:35 AM
jankovic loser, azarenka shut her up big time

Nikkiri
Oct 28th, 2009, 07:09 AM

Ever seen Azarenka play? :lol:

Pops Maellard
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
JJ should thank her lucky stars that Zvonareva was out for months injured. She shouldn't even be here at all.

volta
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Jelena :sad:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Horrid match, highlighting just about everything that's wrong with today's game (spent, burnt out top players, uncharismatic younger "stars" with flawed, generic games, appalling level of play, utterly unengaging matches).

Jankovic, who often claims to have experienced near death experiences oncourt, for once did look as if she might collapse at any time. Slow, seeming completely spent and without energy, often trying to finish points ASAP when that's not her game. Many needless errors early on rallies, FH sucked majorly throughout. First time I've seen her play that you could actually say that she couldn't keep the ball in the court. Did a good job in keeping the ball on Azarenka's shaky FH side, but merely putting it there often isn't enough - Azarenka will loop the ball up relatively deep and keep herself in the rally.

Azarenka, who played in fourth gear (if not third) throughout, wasn't going to hit through Jankovic anyway, so she didn't even try. You do what you have to do to win, and this match didn't require much more from Azarenka than merely being there, granted, but if these tactics worked yesterday, it's highly unlikely they'll work again - against Jankovic or against anyone else. I mean, when Jankovic (!) hits more than twice the number of winners you do, maybe it's time to consider being a bit more aggressive. And that serving just won't cut it - Jankovic was having a go even at her 1st serves on occasion. But then again, maybe Azarenka just can't play any other way. Her game seems so aggressively ordinary. I didn't jump ship on a whim - I did so because I realized that Azarenka is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

The crowd's attitude towards Azarenka, as usual, ranged from cold indifference to open hostility.

Pops Maellard
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Horrid match, highlighting just about everything that's wrong with today's game (spent, burnt out top players, uncharismatic younger "stars" with flawed, generic games, appalling level of play, utterly unengaging matches).

Jankovic, who often claims to have experienced near death experiences oncourt, for once did look as if she might collapse at any time. Slow, seeming completely spent and without energy, often trying to finish points ASAP when that's not her game. Many needless errors early on rallies, FH sucked majorly throughout. First time I've seen her play that you could actually say that she couldn't keep the ball in the court. Did a good job in keeping the ball on Azarenka's shaky FH side, but merely putting it there often isn't enough - Azarenka will loop the ball up relatively deep and keep herself in the rally.

Azarenka, who played in fourth gear (if not third) throughout, wasn't going to hit through Jankovic anyway, so she didn't even try. You do what you have to do to win, and this match didn't require much more from Azarenka than merely being there, granted, but if these tactics worked yesterday, it's highly unlikely they'll work again - against Jankovic or against anyone else. I mean, when Jankovic (!) hits more than twice the number of winners you do, maybe it's time to consider being a bit more aggressive. And that serving just won't cut it - Jankovic was having a go even at her 1st serves on occasion. But then again, maybe Azarenka just can't play any other way. Her game seems so aggressively ordinary. I didn't jump ship on a whim - I did so because I realized that Azarenka is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

The crowd's attitude towards Azarenka, as usual, ranged from cold indifference to open hostility.
Good analysis. :yeah: As usual.

gmak
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM
vika :yeah: ;) :D
never in doubt!

Joe.
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
well done vika! great scoreline :D

allrounder
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM

You should have seen JJ against Kanepi in Dubai earlier this year. She was MUCH worse than yesterday for not being able to keep the ball in play :o

Why should Vika have considered needlessly changing tactics and be more aggressive if her game plan was working a treat against a top 10 player? that would just be pure madness. She may play differently in her other matches but as i say it was her gameplan for yesterdays match and it worked on that occasion. She can be more aggressive too as people who watch her a lot will know.

Vika won 69% of points behind her first serve so it shows how effective JJ going for a lot on Vika's first serves was. Vika doesn't have the best of serves as well all know but yesterday i thought her serving was pretty good apart than a few right into JJ's backhand hitting zone near the end.

I doubt Vika really cares what the crowds think of her. She's here to try and win titles not to make friends.

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I doubt Vika really cares what the crowds think of her. She's here to try and win titles not to make friends.

She's also out there to make €€€, and she'll miss out at on least some of it (endorsements, advertising and assorted promo work) if it is widely perceived that the fans for the most dislike her.

Up until RG, when the shit hit the fan, Azarenka was one of the younger players most often used by the WTA and her own main sponsors for promotional purposes. But the hype around her began to die down as soon as it was understood that tournament goers didn't warm up to her (to say the least); that is, even before her actual results became somewhat ordinary (even though, truth be told, at least some of that was due to a string of bad draws).

Beat
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
i really like this Azarenka, an original girl, great effort/attitude on court and no annoying antics

:haha: that's the funniest thing i've read in quite a while.