PDA

View Full Version : WTA Tour Propaganda?

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:54 PM
This isn't a live score thread. But interesting the JJ-Vika match has been a horrific errorfest on BOTH sides so far, yet the stats came up and it was only 4 errors for Vika, and even the 13 errors for JJ were SO kind.

And yes I know that they would've counted loads as forced errors, but then they're using that term SO lightly, its like if they get moved just two steps to the left, have to maybe hit the ball slighly out of their hitzone, actually put a bit of their own power into the shot, if it goes out it is classed as a forced error. :help:

So the WTA are seriously trying to cover up their own asses? :tape:

BournemouthBoy
Oct 27th, 2009, 03:56 PM
vicki is playing superb so far, i dint remember many errors

mure
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
OMG thats huge.Bigger conspiracy than 9/11 or JFK's assasination i'd say

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I think Azarenka is playing as well as she has since Miami.
Jelena is making too many errors.

Miss Amor
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
The first set was pretty clean from Vika and Jelena didnt make that many errors till the lst two games of that set. I think the stats are pretty accurate.

Vanity Bonfire
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
If the WTA were trying to use propaganda to cover their asses, they wouldn't show such heinous Grand Slam finals.

thegreendestiny
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Is it just me or is JJ hitting the ball much harder these days? :confused:

BournemouthBoy
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:32 PM
i really hate the UE stat, if a player is tightening the angle as a rally progresses then the opponent cant handle it and makes an error, some stats will say its an UE when it was forced.

goldenlox
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Jankovic was letting Azarenka dictate early, then she started going for winners.
But she's better when she mostly counterpunches.

Christinawww
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I kind of agree. I counted way for UEs, but I might be a bit harsh.

Dave.
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
LOL, the thought of it. :lol: As if lowering the error counts on the stats they occasionally show would suddenly make the WTA look better.

I don't agree with most of those stats anyway. The main majority of what are usually called "unforced errors" are actually forced in some way by the opponents anyway, even if it does seem like they shouldn't have missed it. Players don't just miss shots because they're supposedly "playing badly".

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:21 PM
LOL, the thought of it. :lol: As if lowering the error counts on the stats they occasionally show would suddenly make the WTA look better.

I don't agree with most of those stats anyway. The main majority of what are usually called "unforced errors" are actually forced in some way by the opponents anyway, even if it does seem like they shouldn't have missed it. Players don't just miss shots because they're supposedly "playing badly".

Is this a joke? :tape:

perseus2006
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I am already tired of all these JMac groupies who take every opportunity to disparage the WTA. The JJ v Vika match was pretty good with the expected result whenever a "Big Babe" playing reasonable well takes on a "Pusher".

Vika didn't allow JJ to play her game; Vika knocked her off the court.

It will be the same in the Venus v Elena match: It all depends on Venus' form.

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I thought it showed like Vika hit 10++ while JJ had 33 UEs.:shrug: