PDA

View Full Version : Ten Players are Qualified for CBTC, Bali

andre_janis
Oct 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM
As Sabine Lisicki lost to Timea Bacsinszky at the Luxembourg final, none of them acquired direct acceptance to Tournament of Champions in Bali. Bacsinszky only managed to reach 55 at the WTA ranking this week.

1. Vera Zvonareva (9, RUS)
2. Marion Bartoli (12, FRA)
3. Samantha Stosur (13, AUS)
4. Yanina Wickmayer (19, BEL)
5. Anabel Medina Garrigues (27, ESP)
6. María José Martínez Sánchez (31, ESP)
7. Shahar Peer (32, ISR),
8. Melinda Czink (39, HUN)
9. Agnes szavay (42, HUN)
10. Aravane Rezai (44, FRA)
-------------------------------------------------------
11. Magdalena Rybarikova (46, SVK)
12. Vera Dushevina (49, RUS)

Two players who have won at least one international tournament and ranked immediately below Rezai will be the alternates in CBTC and will automatically replace any of the above ten if the player is injured or ill. Let's see who will be nominated for wild cards at this event. I am hoping that Sabine Lisicki will be given one.

Should the tournament or WTA does not nominate any wild card players, Rybarikova and Dushevina will fill in the last two places and the players below them, Andrea Petkovic (54, GER) and Timea Bacsinszky (55, SUI) will be the alternates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LBfF3_a38sE/SuUtIRQ2LHI/AAAAAAAAAGk/qADD1EMR5Bg/s320/P9140485.JPG
The Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions (“CBTC”) will be held in Nusa Dua, Bali, from November 4 to 8, 2009 at the Bali International Convention Centre adjacent to The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali. CBTC will present 10 top tennis players who have won at least one International Tournament of Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) in 2009 and 2 wild cards. The winner of this event will receive USD 600,000 prize money.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LBfF3_a38sE/SuUs9nA2f3I/AAAAAAAAAGc/QnKVNaV-oZs/s400/P9140483.JPG
Among the winners of 2009 International Tournaments, 10 highest ranked players who are not participating in the Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha this week are qualified for CBTC. They will be joined by 2 wild cards to be nominated by the tournament owner or WTA. The 12 participants will be divided into four groups of three players to compete in round-robin singles format. The winners of the groups will play in single elimination semifinals for the places in the final.

andre_janis
Oct 26th, 2009, 03:10 PM
The only requirement for a player to receive wild card is her participation in an International event. Sharapova or Clijsters has a chance to get one. However, it would not be wise for WTA to give Clijsters a wild card for this event. This tournament is supposed to promote young players (future champions).

I hope any of Sabine Lisicki and Alisa Kleybanova would receive a wild card.

Daruma.
Oct 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I hope Sorana Cirstea receives a WC.

andre_janis
Oct 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Having Maria Sharapova in the list of players would bring thousands of spectators to Nusa Dua. :)

Kevin Livesey,
Please ask Maria to join CBTC.

dnil
Oct 27th, 2009, 05:22 AM
The only requirement for a player to receive wild card is her participation in an International event. Sharapova or Clijsters has a chance to get one. However, it would not be wise for WTA to give Clijsters a wild card for this event. This tournament is supposed to promote young players (future champions).

I hope any of Sabine Lisicki and Alisa Kleybanova would receive a wild card.

CBTC offered KIM a WC but she refused :D:lol:.... If u said this tournament is supposed to promoto young players what the hell SHarapova should get the WC . She is not young anymore :help:
U just dont like KIM n love Sharapova too much it just to obvious hahahaha:lol::lol: n make a statement this tounament supposed to promote young players .

UPssss :hearts:CBTC give WC to patty she is so young :lol::lol::help::help:

andre_janis
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
CBTC offered KIM a WC but she refused :D:lol:.... If u said this tournament is supposed to promoto young players what the hell SHarapova should get the WC . She is not young anymore :help:
U just dont like KIM n love Sharapova too much it just to obvious hahahaha:lol::lol: n make a statement this tounament supposed to promote young players .

UPssss :hearts:CBTC give WC to patty she is so young :lol::lol::help::help:

1. There is no wild card offered to Kim Clijsters. It is a hyperbolic rumour.
In fact, Kim herself told ESPN that she ASKED :eek: FOR a wild card.

"Before I won New York I had asked for a wild card to play Bali, but after my surprise win there, I re-evaluated my schedule with my team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4596901&name=espntennis

2. Clijsters is 26 years old and Sharapova is just 22 (clear math who is younger). :smash:

3. Nobody mentioned Patty for the wild card. :yawn:

4. I didn't say I don't like Kim. You are hallucinating! :lol:

Em_Seeker
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
28 Oct 2009 | Road To Bali - Lisicki and Date Krumm receive wild cards

source:http: commbanktennis.com/

Lukyno11
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
How it is with points? you know?