PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Awards.. Who will win the Best Actress Comedy Series

bilal
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:04 AM
Jennifer Aniston (Friends, NBC)
Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond, CBS)
Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle
Debra Messing (Will & Grace, NBC)
Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City, HBO)

I hope its Jennifer Aniston !
:bounce:

Nicoleke
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:24 AM
I really hope that Jennifer Aniston will win :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

wongqks
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:37 AM
Unfortuneately Sarah will win, I personally don't think her performance is that impressive to earn her so many emmy but with her pegancies and stuff like that I felt that they feel obliged to give her another victory

Monica@53
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:40 AM
I think Patricia Heaton is probably the most deserving but I think Sarah Jessica will win. Wouldn't mind if either of those two or Jennifer won.... although I'm a big fan of Will and Grace, there's something that pisses me off royally about Grace...

Monica_Rules
Sep 21st, 2002, 11:04 AM
Sorry but Karren is by far the best actress in Will and Grace and should be up for this award!

Otherwise Jenny gotta win Sarah sorry is quite bad and just moans 24/7!

Cilla
Sep 21st, 2002, 11:08 AM
If either Jen, Deb or Jane win then I'll be happy :D But I agree with you myf Karen is the best by faaarrrrr :D

Mattographer
Sep 21st, 2002, 11:13 AM
Debra Messing ;)

Buitenzorg
Sep 21st, 2002, 11:24 AM
" SEX y : SARAH in The City " :kiss:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:35 PM
Jane Kaczmarek -- the most underappreciated actress of the group working on the most underappreciated series :)

Harju.
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:40 PM
Jennifer Aniston... :bounce:

Williams Rulez
Sep 21st, 2002, 12:44 PM
Go Jennifer! :D

I wish Fibee Buffet had been nominated... lol... Lisa I mean... :p

bee
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:16 PM
Jennifer Aniston... :) I think Friends is on its last year.. So.. they might give it to her... :) But I hoped Sarah Jessica Parker wins... :)

Hurley
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:07 AM
Jennifer won :D :D :D

MAURO
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:32 AM
JENNIFER DO IT

Richie77
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:45 AM
YAY JENNIFER!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bilal
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
WOOHOO JENNIFER!

bilal
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:11 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020923/capt.1032755934.emmys_emy280.jpg

bilal
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:14 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020923/capt.1032755997.emmys_emy281.jpg

Harju.
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:44 AM
YES!!!
Jen :bounce: She deserve it!!!

Her Rachel character is always on my head!! LOL ;)

Nicoleke
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:49 AM
Waow, congratulations to Jennifer Aniston :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: !!!!!

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:09 AM
How come Phoebe never get the nominations? She's the best on the show by far....oh well.

*Bubbles*
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:15 AM
YAY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
She deserved it!!
Congrats Jen!!

YSL
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:56 AM
Hey!! Congrats to Jennifer Aniston! And to Friends for getting Best Comedy Series :bounce:

However, on a more personal fave.. BIG CONGRATS to ALLISON JANNEY for winning Best Actress in a Drama Series for the THIRD year running!!! The only cast member of The West Wing to do so!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Aloysius
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:46 PM
Do you think Jennifer Aniston could've won a lot more than this over the years? This was her first nomination and her first win. In previous years, the "Friends" cast had all mutually agreed never to make themselves elegible for Best Lead Actor or Actress because they felt that as an ensemble cast, none of them should be considered the Leads. Now that they've broken that agreement, Jennifer suddenly came up with a win. Was it possible for Lisa or Jennifer to have won it every year had they not all agreed never to make themselves elegible for the Leading categories?

While it's true that they've been nominated in supporting categories before and never won (except for Lisa one year), the supporting comedy categories are tougher to win because there is more competition there. There are more supporting actors in TV shows than lead actors to choose from.

Btw, this now means that the entire "Friends" cast, at one time or another, have all been nominated for Emmys and Golden Globes... except for Courtney Cox Arquette! I feel so sorry for her. Monica is my fave character on that show. She is now the odd one out having never been nominated for anything in any major awards ceremony since the sitcom began.

bilal
Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:17 PM
I feel sorry for Courtney too. She might have been nominated for a lead last year, for the Monica-Chandler wedding season. But they didn't enter for the leading actor/actress. I hope she atleast gets nominated. She does deserve it.

Has David Schwimmer ever been nominated??

And I agree about Jen/Lisa winning most of the best actress awards had they entered the leading categories.

Hurley
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:27 PM
Aloysius, I do agree. There are literally tens of good supporting candidates every year up for nominations. I mean, every show usually has only one or two leads but up to ten supports...so there is roughly 5 times the amount of competition in those categories!

I think the one who would have a boatful of Emmys had they been submitting lead from the beginning is Matthew Perry! Lead Actor -- Comedy is historically a very weak category (John Ritter, eh? And 1800 wins for John Lithgow?) and I think Perry could have cleaned up.

Anyway, as an award show buff and "Friends" fan and overall freak, here is how the cast has fared at the Emmys.

Lisa Kudrow was the only one who had won up until last night. She was nominated in Supporting for Season 1 and Seasons 3 through 7. She won for Season 4 (the year she was pregnant with the triplets -- though that is not the year in which she gave birth). Kudrow is the one hurt by the move up to Lead -- she has a supporting part; there is no emotional gravitas with Phoebe at all. Note that she did not receive a nomination this year, even though she is the most acclaimed actor on the show. If I were Lisa, I'd go Supporting next year in spite of the rest of the cast -- hey, it's their last year, what are they gonna do, fire her?

Courteney Cox has never been nominated. She needs to dial it down a bit. Her character could be mined for a lot of laughs but I think she's too shrill.

Jennifer Aniston was nominated in Supporting for Seasons 6 and 7 and won last night for Lead in Season 8. I know they're all equal in their own minds, but Jennifer is the "star" of "Friends," and is the face of television, pretty much. She's also the most underrated actor of the bunch (she's on her way to an Oscar nomination for the fantastic, wicked "The Good Girl")...this was a great move. To beat such terrific performers as two-time defending champ Patricia Heaton and the brilliant Jane Kaczmarek, as well as Debra Messing's very good season...it's a big win.

David Schwimmer was nominated for Supporting in Season 1 and that was it for him.

Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc picked up their first nominations this year in the Lead category.

"Friends" was never an Emmy favorite. It had been bypassed three times for a Comedy Series nomination despite being the top-rated comedy on TV and, much to the critics' dismay, a critical favorite. It was nominated for Seasons 1 and 2, but left out in 3 and 4 ("Third Rock from the Sun," that really subtle show, inexplicably was nominated in its stead). Its resurgent Season 5 brought it back and it hung in for 6, but wasn't even nominated last year! Finally it won this year for Season 8.

It should have won for Season 5, the year in which Chandler and Monica started hooking up and had to hide it from everyone. One of the finest seasons of any show ever, it shockingly lost to "Ally McBeal," then at its peak but never in the same league. That's why when I was watching last night, even though the pundits had said it was "Friends"' year, I was skeptical until Jay Leno turned the envelope toward the camera and I could actually see with my own eyes "Friends" printed inside. (Nice touch; thanks Jay :))

I personally am in the minority; I thought last year was a very weak year. But they deserved it so many other times and I'm glad they finally won the big one.

Incidentally, did anyone else see when Jennifer won? Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette were announcing, and Newhart opened the envelope but Pleshette leaned over and looked in because she wanted to announce the winner. Unfortunately, she must be getting old because she was able to read "Jennnifer..." but then squinted and said nothing else. It was a good three seconds before Bob Newhart stuttered out "Jennifer Aniston, yes, yes." Jennifer hadn't moved...afterwards she admitted that she was "trying to remember if there was anyone else named Jennifer nominated." :)

naomi baker
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:56 PM
i really hope that meghann mullally (will and grace, NBC) wins the emmy for best comedy actress, cuz i think she is just like the funniest woman on tv ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

naomi

:wavey: :wavey:

Flappie
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:12 PM
I'M so glad Friends and Jennifer won! :D

bilal
Sep 24th, 2002, 09:37 AM
thanks for the detailed post Hurley!

Harju.
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Congrats Jen :) She just looked fabuolous last night

And Congrats Friends :bounce: