PDA

View Full Version : Chakvetadze Fans Introduce Yourself!

sammy01
Oct 16th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Ok so theres a group of us that post in here and i thought it would be nice to get to know each other. The off season will be coming soon so i will open a chat thread for off topic chat soon to.

Anyway im Sam, im 20, been a chak fan since 2004. I love tennis and love the way chak plays tennis.

My fave chak match is the 2007 antwerp match vs petrova, was just amazing to watch chak drive petrova crazy with angles and passing shots.

I would love it if we all got to know each other better before the 2010 season. it might be another tough season for our anna and god knows i could do with the emotional support during her matches lol. so lets celebrate our love for the over emotional, ponytailed, princess we call chak!

sammy01
Oct 17th, 2009, 01:42 AM
welcome Ahmad, hope you are looking foreward to moscow, will be great to have chak back on court.

2007 was just amazing, some of her matches and wins that year i still day dream about. still anna will fight im sure to get back to that level.

im going to do my best to be here during annas 1st match in moscow and hope we can livescore in the moscow thread, to help each others nerves out lol.

gdot
Oct 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
:wavey:

hi everyone, i'm gem, 17. i havent been a chak fan for that long :o (and seriously not the best year to start being one :lol:) but i love her game, and also that she just seems like a great girl.

i think its nice we can all get to know each other for 2010 (i have a feeling its going to be ok!!)

sammy01
Oct 17th, 2009, 10:16 PM
gem i hope you are right about next year, and nice to meet you!

Daszmarelli
Oct 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Sam, Ahmad and Gem, I'm Michel from Belo Horizonte, Brazil

I'm 23 :tape: I love tennis, specially russians players :hearts:

My favorite is Anna Chakvetadze, but I also love Bepa, Maria and Dina.

I'm a big fan of Anna. I love her game, her style and her cross court shot.

Of course, I also like her because she's beautiful, her hair style is :hearts:, her face, her legs. She is perfect.

I follow Anna since 2007, my favorite match is against Tzip at Fed Cup and Vee in Stanford, If I'm not wrong.

GeorgianFan
Oct 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
My name is Giorgi :wavey: im 24 years old from Tbilisi, Georgian Republic;

Crazy about: Tennis (Anna the cutest girl in wta :inlove:) and Programming( especially Video game developing) :inlove:

Chaky fan since 2004 50K Batumi(Georgia) :p

Break My Rapture
Oct 22nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
I'm Pieter (forum name is Pietaar).
Anna is beautiful :drool:
I play tennis myself.
14 years old :p

sammy01
Oct 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
hello everyone, looks like we are in for a long off season without anna. lets all hope she trains hard and 2010 starts off with a bang.

so when you all arent following playing tennis, what else fills your time?

Break My Rapture
Oct 23rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
school I guess :shrug:

Daszmarelli
Oct 23rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
In my job :o

sammy01
Oct 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
well yes work keeps me busy, but whenever i have free time i always listen to music. i love music and tori amos is my fave artist.

Setsuna.
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM
school :ras:

Daszmarelli
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Well, as all brazilians I also love football.

My favorite team is a brazilian team called Cruzeiro (who's in my avatar). I'm always in the stadium to cheer him. I love my team so much.

My favorite player is Kaka. I also like Ronaldo and Kleber (who plays in my team).

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM
im a big simon fan, so im happy he will be back this week. lets hope his knee is 100%

is anyone watching the olympics?

Setsuna.
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
olympics?!
yes but not that much !!

Melange
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hello I am from Australia. I have only followed tennis a bit, but I am taking some interest now after discovering Chak, she is so sweet. Also nice are Vesnina, Dementieva (I know she wont a slam, but I support her anyway), Woz, Sveta, Ivanovic (honorary Aussie because she has some relatives in Melbourne). I am impressed by Henin's comeback and hope she can win some slams and make them more interesting. Male players I like are Fed, Safin, Murray (probably world no.2 now). My team is Liverpool, favorite players are Torres, Del Piero, Nedved, Kaka, Messi. I would like Argentina to win WC but no chance with Maradona as coach, so it will be Spain or Brazil.

Setsuna.
Feb 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hello I am from Australia. I have only followed tennis a bit, but I am taking some interest now after discovering Chak, she is so sweet. Also nice are Vesnina, Dementieva (I know she wont a slam, but I support her anyway), Woz, Sveta, Ivanovic (honorary Aussie because she has some relatives in Melbourne). I am impressed by Henin's comeback and hope she can win some slams and make them more interesting. Male players I like are Fed, Safin, Murray (probably world no.2 now). My team is Liverpool, favorite players are Torres, Del Piero, Nedved, Kaka, Messi. I would like Argentina to win WC but no chance with Maradona as coach, so it will be Spain or Brazil.

Welcome Chakbelle:).i'm so glad to see more of chak fans here ;)

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM

welcome, whats your real name?

a chak and liverpool fan, we will get on well ;)

Melange
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Anna and Sammy, my name is Ben. I like the devotion of the Chak fans, but she is worth it. Sammy, Liverpool is having a difficult time and I cant see an end to it soon. There is no money so they have to get the most out of the players they have now.

Break My Rapture
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hello Ben, welcome. :bigwave: My name is Pieter. ;)

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Anna and Sammy, my name is Ben. I like the devotion of the Chak fans, but she is worth it. Sammy, Liverpool is having a difficult time and I cant see an end to it soon. There is no money so they have to get the most out of the players they have now.

not to mention they are way too reliant on gerrard and torres.

im sam, nice to have another chak fan ben ;)

Vespertine69
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi Chaktards ;)

I figured I'd post an introduction here... I'm not particularly new to the forum, but I tend to lurk a lot rather than post a lot, so maybe you won't all know me!

I'm Bruce, from sunny and wonderful (harhar) Glasgow... I'm 28, which appears to be ancient around here, but heyho :P

I've been a Chak fan since watching her US Open match (04 if I am remembering right) where she took out Myskina. I was a huge fan of Anastasia for many years, and was impressed by how Anna took her on so fearlessly (especially given how Myskina basically owned almost every other Russian player, and was the girl the other Russians really looked up to.) I've always had a thing for underdogs and players who wear their emotions openly - so Anna has become my favourite all on her own since Myskina all but retired.

I don't know how confident I am about Anna getting herself back in the top ten (I'll support her whatever, that said)... but I think 2010 is going to be better than 09. I think at this stage Anna really needs to get physically stronger and tighten up her footwork and serve. Her strokes are still mostly fine, but to me she's a step slower than 06-07 and isn't always in the right place when she's hitting - confidence is probably a big factor there, but I think becoming physically fitter would have a positive effect on that too. It always drives me mad how many straightforward putaways Anna flubs into the net/long after doing all the hard work of pushing someone around the court and getting the opening. I long for the ruthless efficiency of 2007!

Anyway... enough rambling. I love the little blond nutcase!

B

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
hey bruce!

her footwork is her real problem right now, in the 1st set vs tammy it was club level and she looked so slow. im not sure why she is so flat footed now and isn't making those little steps round the ball, but it is something she could easily sort out.

her serve however is a real mess, it is not back to 2006, though it is fuller (in swing, having the back scratch part back) than 2007, it is like an inbetween thing right now. id much rather she went back to the 2007 abrv serve as less can go wrong with it.

still like you said i'll always love the blonde nutcase lol

Break My Rapture
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hi Bruce. :bigwave:

Noctis
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I am from Liverpool.Support Liverpool too :rolls: :

Melange
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I love the little blond nutcase!

me too :D headcase can describe a lot of the russians

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
maybe we should sing "you'll never walk alone" to chak lol to let her know we are still behind her.

Melange
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:36 PM
its a great supporter song, im sure it will help

YNWA Anna :):)

Chakvenus
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
hey everybody!
i've been on this forum, for a month now i think, and there is no player that I adore more than our little Chaky. I first remember taking an interest in her because I liked her name (lame, i know), but ever since I have followed her diligently since. Unfortunately for me, as I have become a diehard tennis fan relatively recently (Wimby 08) I have seen Anna do almost nothing but struggle. Still though, I have seen videos of her 2007 play and was mesmerized the way her mind worked the court as she moved everybody from Venus to Jelena and even Justine around the court with such ease. Now, unfortunately shes retreated to being a little bit psycho, which in turn of course makes us - her loyal fans - even MORE psycho. But ah well, i still lover her and i always will.
so yeah. :)

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:49 PM
hey everybody!
i've been on this forum, for a month now i think, and there is no player that I adore more than our little Chaky. I first remember taking an interest in her because I liked her name (lame, i know), but ever since I have followed her diligently since. Unfortunately for me, as I have become a diehard tennis fan relatively recently (Wimby 08) I have seen Anna do almost nothing but struggle. Still though, I have seen videos of her 2007 play and was mesmerized the way her mind worked the court as she moved everybody from Venus to Jelena and even Justine around the court with such ease. Now, unfortunately shes retreated to being a little bit psycho, which in turn of course makes us - her loyal fans - even MORE psycho. But ah well, i still lover her and i always will.
so yeah. :)

you have been a great addition to the forum :hug:

Chakvenus
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:06 PM
you have been a great addition to the forum :hug:

oh thanks Sammy!
i know i can speak on behalf of almost all of us chak-geeks here in saying that YOU are our phenomenal Chak-Fan Leader!!!

sammy01
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:34 PM
oh thanks Sammy!
i know i can speak on behalf of almost all of us chak-geeks here in saying that YOU are our phenomenal Chak-Fan Leader!!!

hehe thank you, well it hasn't been the greatest of fun being a chak fan lately so i like to try and keep chins up in here.

im pleased with how the livescores thread has turned out.

Setsuna.
Feb 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM
oh thanks Sammy!

I agree with you completely ..;)

Michael.
Feb 18th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Oh hey. I'm Michael, 16, and im from Vernon, British Columbia, Canada.
I've been a fan of Anna since her match at the Roger's Cup vs Nadia Petrova in 2006.
I absolutely love her game. And I really hope she can regain her form circa 2007.
Hello to everyone and Good Luck to Chaky for the rest of the year.

sammy01
Feb 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Oh hey. I'm Michael, 16, and im from Vernon, British Columbia, Canada.
I've been a fan of Anna since her match at the Roger's Cup vs Nadia Petrova in 2006.
I absolutely love her game. And I really hope she can regain her form circa 2007.
Hello to everyone and Good Luck to Chaky for the rest of the year.

hey michael, petrova really is anna's bitch lol

Chakvenus
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM
hey michael, petrova really is anna's bitch lol

YEAH she is.

Melange
Feb 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I would like to be Anna's bitch. :p

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Oh I'm sure we all would love to be that. :drool:

Chakvenus
Feb 19th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Oh I'm sure we all would love to be that. :drool:

i'll second that :drool:

A-Chak
Feb 20th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hi :wavey: Ive liked anna ever since 2007 whenever she was playing some great tennis! I saw her at the Sony Ericsson Open and got her autograph :hearts:

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi :wavey: Ive liked anna ever since 2007 whenever she was playing some great tennis! I saw her at the Sony Ericsson Open and got her autograph :hearts:

welcome, whats your real name? ;)

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hi there A-Chak. :bigwave:

Melange
Feb 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hello A Chak. Some of you have been following her for so long. I only started two weeks ago. I wasnt looking out for her at the Aus Open.

A-Chak
Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:53 AM
My names Sam ;)

Setsuna.
Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
welcome eveyone. Nice to meet you here and i hope you all enjoy your time here with us.
Take care ;)

sammy01
Feb 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
My names Sam ;)

:worship: name, im sam to. :p

Fantasy Hero
May 10th, 2010, 08:28 PM
hi everybody :wavey:
i must admit i've never been a great fan of Anna when she was a top player, mostly because i didn't watch her playing that much...now i've spent some time watching her game on youtube and i've to admit i'm really in love with her game and court attitude...i really hope she can get back soon :)
i'm Gaspa anw :p

Melange
May 11th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Hello Gaspa. Yeah when she was injured I was watching some of the youtube matches and it was entertaining watching her style of game. I really cant wait to see one of her matches televised.

Setsuna.
May 11th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Welcome Gaspa :)

Fantasy Hero
May 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
thank you for the warm welcome :)

silyaunWILLIAMS
Aug 6th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I'm Sean and been following Anna through Protorz and Woz Woz Invitational and I've seen her match vs Serena and Fed Cup 2008 and I really have to admire her fighting spirit!

Melange
Aug 8th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Hello Sean, yes she looks like a very different player now. When she loses the first set, it seems like the match has just started.

sammy01
Aug 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
welcome Sean, hope you enjoy posting in the chak forum. her upswing in form has been welcome to us all :)

Sergius
Oct 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hi, everyone!
I think I should introduce myself as well, I've been already posting here though. But I don't think you remembered me :lol:
Well, my name=my user nickname, I'm Serezha, I've been following Anna's results since the end of 2006. I totally love her style of tennis, she rocks when she's in form :inlove:

sammy01
Oct 14th, 2010, 12:54 AM
welcome Serezha, hope to see you around more :)

Sergius
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you, Sam. that's very nice of you :)

Fantasy Hero
Oct 14th, 2010, 02:50 PM
welcome here! :wavey:

GeorgianFan
Oct 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Welcome :)

Sergius
Oct 14th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Thank you, guys:wavey:
Chak fans seem to be the most friendly ones at the TF :lol:

Melange
Oct 15th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Hello Serezha, which city are you from?

Chakvenus
Oct 15th, 2010, 04:28 AM
hiiiiii!! :D
i've seen you around the forum - welcome to Chak's mansion!!

Sergius
Oct 15th, 2010, 06:24 AM
You all are very nice guys

Tony i-string
Nov 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hi im tony, 33, best mates with sammy01. been following chak as sam is always watching her and following her.

I string rackets as a part time job, love it to.

Hoping for all the best for anna next year :)

Melange
Nov 10th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hello tony, its nice for you to drop by. Sam has good taste. Hopefully, you can bring Anna some luck. :D You can see how close she is to getting her form back if not for the injuries.

Tony i-string
Nov 10th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks, hope to see you around the chak forum in 2011

FB2012
Dec 9th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hi all !

I've been a fan of Anna for about 5 years. I really like her accurate and smart tennis which is way more interesting than most of todays ballbashing. Moreover Anna is incredibly cute :hearts:

I haven't followed tennis a lot last year because of the events we all know here, but as Anna announced her come back for 2012, I finally subscribed to this board. Hopefully we could celebrate great victories here next year :)

Fantasy Hero
Dec 9th, 2011, 09:28 AM
welcome in here :) let's all support her on that comeback!

Melange
Dec 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hello FB2012. I havent been seeing many of her games either.

Sergius
Dec 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
welcome to Anna's TF fanbase :cheer:

Setsuna.
Dec 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Welcome, FB2012.

Chak's fanbase was way bigger back in 2007 i guess. I think some Chak fans just left this board because she is not relevant at all since 2008. They were not real Chak fans after all.

Melange
Dec 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
no not real Chak fans

Fantasy Hero
Dec 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM
i became a friend during her slump...i know i'm a masochist :haha:

sammy01
Dec 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM
i have been cheering chak on since she came to the UK to play those 2 25k tournaments forever ago.