PDA

View Full Version : Tatiana unlikely to play again :-(

andrewbroad
Oct 15th, 2009, 01:43 AM
From http://tennis.com/news/ticker.aspx
>>>
In an interview with L'Équipe, Tatiana Golovin says her chances of playing again are slim. She has been diagnosed with spondylitis of the back: an arthritic-like condition.

"Learning my condition was a big shock, but now I know what I have, and what I have, you can't cure," she said. "Do I have any chance to play again? It's not advised, but I'm still young. The pain may suddenly disappear.

"If I do have to give up tennis, it will be for launching into humanitarian work - to find something meaningful, where I can see something big.

"Tennis was for me like a baby, whom I carried and who grows up at some time or another; you're proud of him, like I was proud of my tennis."
<<<

I'm saddened by the thought that Tatiana's career probably ended in May 2008, when she was only 20. :sad:

In 2004, Tatiana was one of the most promising up-and-coming young players - not to mention one of the sexiest! ;) I came close to inducting her into my Eternal Fanship on three separate occasions (she satisfied my Passion but not my Reason).

Tatiana reached the Birmingham 2004 final, and extended Maria Sharapova to three sets on one of the best days of my life. In fact, I wish I could live that whole week again just to see a little more of Tatiana than I did!

Tatiana also pushed Maria to three sets in a memorable Miami 2006 semi-final, before a horrific ankle-injury forced her to retire. And she gave Maria a tough two-setter in her only Major quarter-final: the US Open 2006.

Tatiana won her only WTA singles-titles in 2007 (Amelia Island and Portorož; she also won the French Open 2004 Mixed Doubles), and continued to look promising as she was runner-up to Justine Henin at Stuttgart and Zürich in October 2007.

But 2008 was a 3:5 disaster for her, and she has not played since.

We will all miss her.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad

Slutati
Oct 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM
She was playing the best tennis of her life just 2 years ago. :bigcry::crying2:

Have a fantastic life, Tati. :hearts::kiss:

Ballbasher
Oct 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Enjoy a fantastic time after tennis. :worship: Glad she got to the Stuttgart Final twice, would have loved it, if she won it once! :( Although her career was short, it will give great memories.

Joe.
Oct 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
:sad: it always used to be masha and tati as the players i loved to watch and win, such a shame she has had such shit luck :(

5 years time, she will be back playing winning majors ;) hopefully :D

*Anja*
Nov 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
oh noo =(( I love her, she is one of my favorites, can't believe we won't watch her for a while... :'( As she says "The pain may suddenly disappear." <- I hope it will so we could all cheer again for Tati :)

Rod the Bama
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:44 AM
I`m also very saddened by this news. :sad: I`ve been among the very few who has held out hope for so long that Tati would be back, but this news about her being diagnosed with spondylitis of the back has me feeling doubtful that she would be back. I`m still holding out hope that Tati would make a farewell appearance in a tournament, but if that doesn`t happen, then i hope that Tati will fulfilled about her career and will have a great life after tennis.

yukon145
Nov 13th, 2009, 02:42 AM
shouldn't Tati be whoring up some Lacoste or some PR event at the Paris Masters this week? We haven't had any news or photos...

*Anja*
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
shouldn't Tati be whoring up some Lacoste or some PR event at the Paris Masters this week? We haven't had any news or photos...

yeah, I've also heard about this, but I searched on the internet and I didn't find anything...

Slutiana
Nov 15th, 2009, 12:55 AM
No, she said she'll be in London for the masters final. I'm going there one day next week so imma find her and ask her THE question. :sobbing: We at least need closure. If she says she'll never be back, I will probably start crying. :lol: And I never cry.

yukon145
Nov 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
No, she said she'll be in London for the masters final. I'm going there one day next week so imma find her and ask her THE question. :sobbing: We at least need closure. If she says she'll never be back, I will probably start crying. :lol: And I never cry.

you have to find her and ask her. I need to know as well. I keep holding onto a small piece of hope that she'll be back someday, even though I don't really believe it....

make sure to get some photos of her too.

Slutati
Nov 15th, 2009, 06:09 PM
She is retired.

Slutiana
Nov 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM
you have to find her and ask her. I need to know as well. I keep holding onto a small piece of hope that she'll be back someday, even though I don't really believe it....

make sure to get some photos of her too.

My camera broke like 2 days ago. :bigcry: But i'll try and get my mum's one or something. :lol: And i'll tell her to write blogs or something on GA. :rolls:

And yeah, same, :bigcry: I'll never be able to move on unless I hear it from herself. :sad:

Slutati
Nov 26th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Obviously, Slutiana is useless. :lol:

doktor
Nov 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
sad sad sad sad sad... what a waste of an enormous talent... the memories we do have will have to do...

Slutiana
Nov 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I looked for her everywhere. :lol: Couldn't find the girl.

Nikkiri
Nov 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I had a dream the other night about Tati playing tennis :sobbing:

lilibel
Dec 4th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Where is the tread of the second part of vis of tati???
Well , she made with gael a show about poker here the link of the vid
http://www.poker-actu.fr/video-poker/stars-of-poker-emission-1-nimes_658

she is at 25 min and 35 min

Fab-4
Dec 4th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Thks Lilibel ;)
full, three of a kind ... a lucky Tati lol

Could it be "megauploaded" by someone ?

Slutati
Dec 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
She looks good. :hearts:

Slutiana
Dec 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I love how laid back she is compared to the rest of them. :rolls:

Atlasz
Dec 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Ohhh Tati pleeeeease. Get well!

Atlasz
Dec 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Are there any news from Tati by the way?

Fab-4
Dec 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM
No news ...
Only this not realy interesting itw from a Handball website :
http://www.hand7.fr/en-direct/article/personnalite-tatiana-golovin-nos-sports-sont-tres-complets.html

Williamsfan4ever
Dec 13th, 2009, 02:13 AM
shell be back i pray god works in mystrous ways. Possibly this is just his way of allowing her to see what he rlife would be like without tennis. Come back golovin you were a wonderful player no doubt

yukon145
Dec 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
shell be back i pray god works in mystrous ways. Possibly this is just his way of allowing her to see what he rlife would be like without tennis. Come back golovin you were a wonderful player no doubt

I hope you're right, I'm losing hope :sad:....

FrenchY52
Dec 23rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
:tears:

yukon145
Dec 24th, 2009, 02:46 AM
this place is dead....

Break My Rapture
Dec 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Come back Tati :crying2:

Golovinjured.
Jan 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
any news? :sad:

HTE
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM
this place is dead....

It will never die :)

How sad that Tati isn't playing on the beautiful courts of Melbourne right now :sad: She added so much glamour to this tournament :cool:

Golovinjured.
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Imagine how good she'd look in the new Lacoste collection. :hearts:

Slutati
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I miss her so much. :tears::tears::tears::tears:

Can't wait for Paris. I'm sure she'll be there mediawhoring. :hearts:

Golovinjured.
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Where's that pic of Tati in Dior?

HTE
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I miss her so much. :tears::tears::tears::tears:

Can't wait for Paris. I'm sure she'll be there mediawhoring. :hearts:

She needs to make a living, so hopefully yeah ;)

Slutati
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:32 AM
http://www.golovin-attitude.com/gallery/albums/2005/Photo%20Shoot/Photoshoot%20Elle/normal_2005photoshoot_elle_4.jpg

So so so pretty. :tears:

Golovinjured.
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I remember you had that as your avatar, you should have that again instead of that useless bitch you have in there now. ROLLEYE.

Slutati
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I'm keeping her for now cuz I have a feeling it's gonna help Demented beat Herpes. :awww:

Golovinjured.
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:48 AM
How will she help her?

Slutati
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I don't know. :rolleyes: Stop asking me all these complicated questions. I just have a feeling. :rolleyes:

Golovinjured.
Jan 20th, 2010, 12:55 AM
when she loses to herpes i'm going to mock you.

MOCK! MOCK! MOCK!

yukon145
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:34 AM
the only player that looks good in Lacoste is Tati, she would even look good in that shit dress they are giving everyone.