PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay is not in the main draw yet...

babsi
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:47 PM
From the WTA:

Lindsay Davenport has entered the tournament in Moscow but is not in yet as no player has withdrawn from the Main Draw. She is the next one to get into the Main Draw.

Venut
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:12 PM
I thought Lindsay could be given a special entry. Is her special entry over? That would not be smart of the organizers. Lindsay is a top player afterall.:drool:

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:41 PM
that doesn't give her direct entry as she didn't enter on time

now she is 1st in line who ever withdraws unless someone ranked higher than her also wants to play

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 20th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Who are the possible withdrawals???

auntie janie
Sep 20th, 2002, 08:26 PM
So if ANYONE in the main draw pulls out, Lindsay gets in? That sounds like a prety good bet, really.

ColinB
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:12 AM
I would love to see her try and qualify if she didn't get in directly. I remember Krajicek doing that at the canadian open a few years ago on the Atp Tour when he was ranked in the top 10 and applied for entry late.

auntie janie
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:08 AM
LOL, I have never seen any of the top women do that!

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 21st, 2002, 03:04 AM
she can't play in qualifying
the rules don't allow that, she can only play in the maindraw.

King Aaron
Sep 21st, 2002, 08:10 AM
so if nobody withdraws Lindsay will not play?

tenn_ace
Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:07 AM
Elena D. seems like a candidate to withdraw...:sad:

auntie janie
Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:30 AM
I don't think she will, tenn_ace. She has a week to recover. Even if she was crippled I think she would try to play.

I don't see why they can't just give Lindsay that gold WC thing and be done with it! :(

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 22nd, 2002, 08:17 AM
cos Anna will get that

King Aaron
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:28 AM
lol!!! we totally forgot about Anna ;)

auntie janie
Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:16 PM
ANNA KOURNIKOVA will be chosen OVER LINDSAY????? omg, I feel nauseous -- Lindsay has earned this WC. Anna is popular & sells tickets, but she does NOT deserve a WC when a champion like Lindsay wants one. Just look how each of them performed after coming back from lengthy injuries! There is no comparison between the two.

The system is truly corrupt. :(

TatiAnnahølic
Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Anna ask for the WC much before than Lindsay.

ajayares
Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:13 PM
Lindsay will more than likely get into the event on her own ranking, perhaps have a proper understanding of the rules Janie, before you get your knickers in a knot..

Why would they give Lindsay a WC now, when anything can happen in the next 5-6 days??

Anyway I am sure Lindsay will play, with or without a WC, I am sure if she does need the WC, they can give the WC set aside for Elena Bovina to Anna :p :p

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:19 PM
Ajayares.....they won't do that or Shamil won't do that even though he is a self-confessed Anna drooler.

ajayares
Sep 22nd, 2002, 01:27 PM
I already know that, I am just shit stirring janie, by saying that, but if Lindsay can't get in, surely they will give her the Gold exempt WC?? and not Anna, has she is higher on the list??

If Anna can't get a WC into her home tournament, then there has to be something wrong then??

I mean she has played the event every year (except when injured) and has supported the tournament when it was getting very poor fields for a tier 1 event, now her ranking just misses DE and they are not going to give her a WC??, well a chance she may not get one..

Sure she has had plenty this year, but that is irrelevant to the current situation.

auntie janie
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:15 PM
ajayares, I agree with you that Anna normally should be given a WC here. It is only if it is a question of a choice between Anna and a champion like Lindsay -- if it comes to that, anyone can see that Lindsay deserves it more.

Bovina is in, I am confident of that. Possibly, she won't even need a WC. :)

Jan
Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:16 PM
I just hope she gets in, somehow! Can't wait to see her play again
:D

King Aaron
Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:13 PM
We'll just have to wait and see

ys
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:19 PM
That would be magnificient to see Anna play qualies at Moscow. Can you imagine kind of crowd that qualies would have had?

tenn_ace
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:55 PM
now that Daja retired from her match in Leipzig, her Kremlin Cup is under question.

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Come on Daja!!!!! dont enter kremlin and justgive your self a rest.

twix1203
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:25 PM
I emailed the offical website..and they told me that she was playing... that is the only thing they would say... in matter of fact here are their exact words....
"As i know she's going to play."
i emailed them yesterday.. and they replied back this morning.

auntie janie
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:52 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, twix! You made my tennis-day. :)

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:24 PM
cool!!!!! shall I make a Davenport cheering thread now???

mauresmofan
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Maybe a Davenport Cheering Thread might be more appropriate.

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:23 PM
OMG my bad, Its already edited.
Thanks mauresmo fan for correction.