PDA

View Full Version : One last Poll: deciding the forum description!

gaviotabr
Sep 29th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Ok guys, this has been a long and controversial process. But we are one step away from completing it. So let's just pick the description, and we will finally be able to change the forum name. I think 3 days is enough. One last push! The title is, as we know, Anapolis.

The suggestions for the description:

1 - For residents and guests of Ana Ivanovic's Wonderland (gaviotabr)
2 - A place where Ana Is Love- For the fans of the always exciting Ana Ivanovic (Fistpumpovic)
3 - She is a champion, beautiful and ALWAYS exciting! Forum for the fans of Ana Ivanovic (Fistpumpovic)
4 - A place for the fans of always exciting Ana Ivanovic (Jelenacg)
5 - A place in wonderland for the fans of always exciting Ana Ivanovic (Horizon)
6 - Forum for fans of the always exciting Ana Ivanovic (The Daviator)
7 - A place where Ana is love - for residents and guests of Ana Ivanovic's always exciting wonderland (Horizon)
8 - The capital city of ana ivanovic's wonderland(azdaja)
9 - Wonderforum of Serbian Sweetheart Ana Ivanovic (spiritedenergy)
10 - Tennis player Ana Ivanovic's wonderland (spiritedenergy)

spiritedenergy
Sep 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
people vote, the battle is on:boxing::p

Mixo
Sep 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Voted

Horizon
Sep 29th, 2009, 04:38 PM
10 votes.

#1 please :armed:

gaviotabr
Sep 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Come on people, 2 days left. Let's vote!

Cp6uja
Oct 1st, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm :confused: why so many people here is obsessed with fairy tales!?
It will be not so bad to use "Wonderland" for Alisa Kleybanova or Alize Cornet forum name or description because Alisa and Alize is versions of ALICE name in some languages... but WTH ANA has with that???

BTW We already have very bad experience with one fairy tales (Beauty and her Beast) so why waste time with Alice in Wonderland!?

My advice is simple to give-up here about fairy tales.

Only exception for me is name of thread about Ana at YEC's in future which I don't have nothing against if have "Snow White Ana and the Seven Dwarfs" name... :shrug:

And most important: this poll should be LAST and finite only in case if winner option reach over 50% of votes... otherwise we needs superfinal poll between two options with most votes out of this 10

azdaja
Oct 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
i voted for my own suggestion even though it stands no chance :p

and i wouldn't say "wonderland" in this form can be seen as a reference to a fairy tale. that word is used in other contexts as well.

gaviotabr
Oct 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Do any of you guys agree with Cp6uja in the need of oppening a new poll with the 2 most voted sugestions?

I don't think it's necessary since this is just to pick the forum description, but we can do it... It would make the process longer.. and I think maybe it's long enough now.

gaviotabr
Oct 1st, 2009, 11:11 AM
i voted for my own suggestion even though it stands no chance :p

and i wouldn't say "wonderland" in this form can be seen as a reference to a fairy tale. that word is used in other contexts as well.

Agreed.

Cp6uja
Oct 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Do any of you guys agree with Cp6uja in the need of oppening a new poll with the 2 most voted sugestions?

I don't think it's necessary since this is just to pick the forum description, but we can do it... It would make the process longer.. and I think maybe it's long enough now.If poll-winner option reach 50%+ votes of course that is pointless and waste of time to open new "superfinal" poll after that.

In other case it's not Cp6uja's suggestion to create another ("LAST" and "FINAL") decision poll... it's keystone principle if we talking about procedures in democratic and fair voting... even Fistpumpovic knows that ;)

gaviotabr
Oct 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
If poll-winner option reach 50%+ votes of course that is pointless and waste of time to open new "superfinal" poll after that.

In other case it's not Cp6uja's suggestion to create another ("LAST" and "FINAL") decision poll... it's keystone principle if we talking about procedures in democratic and fair voting... even Fistpumpovic knows that ;)

You know.. there are many known democratic election procedures. You can have the majoritary system, the proportional system and the mix system. The majoritary system can be done in a simple election process without the need of a second voting process. Or with a second voting process that can include the 2 or 3 most voted candidates. The proportional system accounts single votes and list votes. The mix system uses the advantadges of both systems in order to create majority and proportion (representation) in the voting process. Any of this is a democratic way of election.

So no.. sometimes it's not necessary to get a second round of voting to make the process any more democratic and legitimate than it already is. :rolleyes:

Isha312
Oct 1st, 2009, 01:51 PM
I personally think we've got a clear winner and need to just be done with this now.

Davodus
Oct 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Voted :) just in time :angel:

Horizon
Oct 1st, 2009, 06:59 PM
I personally think we've got a clear winner and need to just be done with this now.
Exactly. Please let it be over. :sobbing:

We have a stand out winner in this poll.

Balltossovic
Oct 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
No

jelenacg
Oct 1st, 2009, 08:29 PM
We don`t need another poll imo
@Fistpumpovic your avatar :haha:
I want to see whole video :lol:

Balltossovic
Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
We don`t need another poll imo
@Fistpumpovic your avatar :haha:
I want to see whole video :lol:

:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NX_8gH1cq4c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NX_8gH1cq4c&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/quote]

Balltossovic
Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:05 AM
I have emailed Dexter with an official request to change the name along with the forum description. Congratulations everyone!

Izzy, thank you SO much for doing this final poll. I REALLY needed a break:spit:

Reckoner
Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:49 AM
If you don't think there is enough support for "For residents and guests of Ana Ivanovic's Wonderland," I'll change my vote to that. The description doesn't matter that much to me, I just want the new forum name.

gaviotabr
Oct 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have emailed Dexter with an official request to change the name along with the forum description. Congratulations everyone!

Izzy, thank you SO much for doing this final poll. I REALLY needed a break:spit:

Congratulations for running a very successful and well organized process Myr! :worship:

We finally have our new name! :bounce:

Davodus
Oct 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
It looks so much better with all the new stuff than it used to :rocker2: well done all the organisers :yeah:

Reckoner
Oct 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
This ended up really great!

Officinale
Oct 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Yep, I have been away for 2 months and came back and found the new name - great choice, love it!