PDA

View Full Version : S7 Week 1 (Women), Brisbane, AUS, International

champion88
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
BRISBANE

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/australia/images/brisbane.jpg

Welcome to Brisbane, Australia for the start of Season 7 on the OWTT Tour! With the Australian Open just 2 weeks away the players will be looking to find their form quickly and most of the top players are back on court this week so it should be an exciting start to the season!

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/532/554aeeb07f00aa28c771ec96552a5529-getty-77856045eg060_pilot_pen_ten.jpg

S5 – (8) Lisicki def. (5) Kournikova 3-6 6-4 7-6(6)
S6 – (1) Hantuchova def. Cornet 3-6 7-5 6-2

Points to Defend

Jankovic – 5
Mattek-Sands – 5
Petrova – 5
Karatantcheva – 5
S.Williams – 15
Benesova – 15
Schiavone – 15
Schnyder – 15
Chakvetadze – 15
Olaru – 15
Dulko – 15
Sprem – 15
Sharapova – 15
Srebotnik – 35
Lisicki – 35
Zheng – 35
Bartoli – 35
Safarova – 35
Azarenka – 35
Kirilenko – 70
Lucic – 70
Zvonareva – 70
V.Williams – 70
Li – 120
Vaidisova – 120
Cornet – 190
Hantuchova – 300

Draw

(1) Hantuchova Vs. Bye
(WC) Cibulkova Vs. Sharapova
Zvonareva Vs. Tulyaganova
Bye Vs. (6) Schiavone

(5) Schnyder Vs. Bye
Benesova Vs. Mattek-Sands
Lisicki Vs. Davenport
Bye Vs. (4) Seles

(3) V.Williams Vs. Bye
Sprem Vs. Chakvetadze
Jankovic Vs. Bartoli
(WC) Petrova Vs. (8) Clijsters

(7) Li Vs. Bye
Srebotnik Vs. Karatantcheva
Vaidisova Vs. S.Williams
Bye Vs. (2) Cornet

EVERYBODY MUST SEND NEW POINTS TO PLAY : DUE MONDAY 28TH 12PM

Sean.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Alizť Answers!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TcwbPuj2SZ0/SOcgj1wyK9I/AAAAAAAACw4/KiYQQIMTFc0/s400/normal_alize-2008-off1.jpg

Q: First of all Alize, congratulations on ending the year at #2 in the rankings Ė a return to your career high. You were outside the Top 20 half way through the season though. What do you think you improved on in the second half of the season which brought such a dramatic change to your results?

Hello? Iíve been on tour six seasons; you should at least know how to spell my name by now! Forget the accent again & Iíll make sure you never have kids. Tu me comprends?

Duh, I started to try... 1st half of the season I wanted to let some others win for a change, it makes the retards feel good about themselves & they really needed some money since no-one is stupid enough to sponsor them. Then some no-body won Roland Garros, I donít even remember her name...from some backwards country where they eat people...the inbred one...crooked teeth & bad BO...oh god whatís her name?...anyway she won & I was like WTF? I have to save the tour, so I did.

Q: Obviously #2 is a fantastic achievement but surely you have your eye on the #1 spot Ė what do you think you need to do to make it that extra step to #1?

#2 is not bad, Dani is only #1 because sheís sleeping with the line judges, umpires, ball boys & tour director...basically anything with 2 legs (though she sometimes will settle for 4). I hear reports that say sheís now so loose itís like throwing a racket down Arthur Ashe stadium, people donít wanna go there anymore (the warts are a turnoff too) and her results will start to drop soon. Itís all good, Queen Alizť will reign supreme in S7!

Q: You were back at #2 a few seasons ago and challenging for the top spot but you seemed to wilt under the pressure. How do you feel you have developed in the mental department and do you feel ready to really challenge for the #1 spot this time?

Wait a second! Letís just get a few things straight! I did not wilt; I was just going through a lot of stuff in my life at that time. I was being bullied on tour by Iveta Benesova, she was jealous of the fact that I actually have talent and she looks like she just got hit by a bus. Itís definitely time I was ranked #1, I mean Iím the best player ever to play the game, as my Grand Slam success has shown, and itís about time I was recognised it. If either Daniela or Venus disagrees Iíd like to direct them to the H2H records.

Q: Some critics still say that you are mentally fragile at the big events. You have a few Slam finals under your belt but only managed to win one. You beat Hantuchova several times this season but when you have the chance to clinch the #1 ranking at the YEC you wilt under the pressure and lose to her. What do you think went wrong in your semi-final match and how would you respond to these critics?

Well I was 6-2 4-0 up in my match against Dani at YEC, when suddenly I got foot faulted about 12 times in a row, the line judge had his flies down, lipstick on his face & stank of cheap perfume. I definitely saw Dani go over there at the previous change over. So go figure! The same thing happened to be a couple of Seasons ago against Tati when a crucial call went against me. I canít help it that the rest of the girls on tour are cheap whores.

Q: Venus Williams took a break from the tour for a while this season. You did the same a while back but managed to come back strong. However, Venus has failed to win a Main Draw match since her comeback and went 0-3 at the YEC Ė do you think she will come back strong next season or do you think she will continue to slump?

Wtf? Are you comparing me to Venus? Thatís like comparing Einstein to George Bush. All Iím saying is thereís a reason I made a GS final on my return & she wouldnít take a game off Brie right now! If I were her Iíd retire now to save any face she has, else some scrub will get very lucky & draw her at AO! Perhaps she should look at Retirement homes, Iím sure London Zoo would take her, while sheís there maybe she should take Kim Clijsters theyíve been looking for a new Ogre for a while now.

Q: You have been on tour since almost the beginning. How do you think the tour has changed over the years? Are there any of the old players that you miss having on tour?

The standard has definitely dropped, I mean look whoís winning slams now Itís a joke..luckily Iím here to sort it out. If I miss anyone itís Jess Moore, now thereís a girl who was not afraid to speak her mind. Her & I were true truth speakers now everyone it too nice, their all hippies into flower power and free love. All anyone ever got by sitting on the fence is a sore arse! If any of them think they are actually bitches I say prove it. At the moment they are just wannabes...

Q: What plans do you have for the off-season?

Well Iíve been asked by Jermaine to headline at Michaelís tribute concert. Michael and I were always close and this is my way of showing my love for him. My fee for the concert will be donated to the plastic factory where his face was made; I know Michael would want that. I will also be working with orphans in Africa, each year the French team sends money out there to help all the little Venusí & Serenaís pay for American citizenship, so one day they can pretend to play for the US too. We used to send food aid instead, but not much of it reached Africa....

http://data4.blog.de/media/652/1652652_6b2e475a3b_m.jpg

Q: Why do you think of the Tour Director announced new plans for a mensí tour? How do you think this will affect the tour, if at all?

Well itís clear he wants a bit of man on man action on tour; I heard he loves watching Federer & Nadal messing around with balls & has a soft spot for a good service up the T! It will affect the tour quite a lot, we will miss Fran in the Womenís draw but Iím sure sheíll feel at home competing against her fellow guys. Daniela will of course retire, with so many guys on tour she wonít have time for tennis, but will in effect be the tour brothel Ė which her talents are far more suited too.

Q: There have been several rumours of the Tour Director having sexual relations with some of the player on tour but nothing has ever been confirmed. Can you shed any light on such matters?

There are a few players, Seles, Fran, Bartoli but itís mainly the coaches. Iím not going to tell tales but him & Matt are very close and Iíve seen Venusí coach walking like a cowboy a few times too. No idea why! From what Dani has said, sheís the expert on such matters, he has a really small...ímini Chrisí...and sheís had more of an orgasm from a tennis racket! Iím not 100% sure what she means by that, but donít tell him I said that, poor guy would be devastated.

Q: We donít hear much about life off the court with the stars of the OWTT. How do you get on with the other players on tour?

Oh. Iím an Angel. Everyone loves me, I dare anyone to say otherwise in a media interview!

:kiss:

Broseghini
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Why Bartoli? :ras:

champion88
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
:spit: Great interview Alize :devil:

Sean.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Why Bartoli? :ras:

Unfortunately lots of food she was looking after went missing....no idea where it went!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yay!
Title to defend!
Lets do it!!!!

youizahoe
Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
No points to defend :dance:

Daszmarelli
Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
C'mon Anna

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Daniela's rebuttal...
http://racquet-warehouse.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/09_daniela-hantuchova_01.jpg

Alize Cornet said a lot of harsh things about you, are you shocked by her rage?
Shocked [laughs] NOT AT ALL. I mean look at her... If you were misaken for the Fruit Loops mascot every day, wouldn't you be bitter too? I mean take that along with her lack of sucess and third boob... She just has so many reason to hateme, like my titles, looks and overall life style.

She also claims that she'll be number one soon... How do you take that comment?
She said that [laughs] I guess denile isnt just a river in Egypt. Well if she gets to number one its because she won Rome and Madrid Beijing and Stanford [laughs]/ She loves to brag about her Grand Slam success, yet she ratley dies better than me in them.I have an SF in Australia, An F in Paris, a win in London and an F at flushing meadows. And its not my fault the girls on the tour call her the bridesmaid because shes uglier and worse at tennis than most of us... I wish her the best of luck but there a better tennis players than her.

What advice would you give to Alize?
Get that surgery... than maybe it will be legal for you to play on the women's tour.

champion88
Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:29 PM
I guess denile isnt just a river in Egypt

:spit:

Sean.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
It would be funny if it was original. ;)

Justin SW
Sep 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM
If you want to talk, I suggest you guys redirect your conversation to the Chat Thread.

Here is the link: bla bla bla... :o

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Justin SW
Sep 23rd, 2009, 12:46 AM
No that was an inside. Dont take it personnaly.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
O\h... with who?
Is it about the Graphics thread :haha:

Justin SW
Sep 23rd, 2009, 01:21 AM
Yes ;)

Dave.
Sep 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately lots of food she was looking after went missing....no idea where it went!

Rude!

Bartosh
Sep 25th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Good luck Vee :awww:

Kworb
Sep 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Unglamorous Tennis: Sesil Speaks

http://i37.tinypic.com/rqxa52.jpg

Q: Thank you Sesil for taking the time to do this interview. I know most journalists are only interested in the top players and their glamorous lifestyle, but I am interested in the players who are struggling in the bottom half of the ranking.

Sesil: Thank you for having me, it is my pleasure.

Q: How do you keep your motivation to play all these tournaments? You lose in the first round almost every time. At some point you even had to play qualifying matches in the parking lot.

Sesil: My motivation is that I know I am as good as all the other girls. The matches haven't gone my way so far, but I'm sure soon it will all fall into place. The results will be thunderous.

Q: What about the financial struggles? People think you get rich playing this sport, but in your case it must not be so luxurious.

Sesil: Yes, that is true. Sometimes all I can afford to eat is dry bread. I don't have coach or fitness trainer or anyone working for me. It's just me trying to make ends meet.

Q: Wow, that sounds incredibly challenging.

Sesil: It's been like this since I was little girl in Bulgaria. My parents, they have never been so supportive, and I always had to find a way to survive. This has given me a killer instinct in life and on the tennis courts. I am not used to nice clothes or make up or jewelry, or you know, nice food. It's okay. I am happy girl.

Q: So you are all alone? You have no friends or family? A boyfriend?

Sesil: I have couple of boyfriends who buy me things and they follow me around. I am not lonely or anything. I have support.

Q: The next season is about to start. Do you think your results will finally turn around?

Sesil: Yes, I have worked hard to improve my forehand, my backhand, my serve. The other girls won't know what hit them. My thunderous strokes are more unreturnable than ever. I am exciting to be able to show everyone my skills.

Q: Alright Sesil, thanks for your honest answers. Good luck to you this season!

Sesil: Thank you.

champion88
Sep 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Sesil :worship:

Good luck this season :)

MBM
Sep 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
SCHIAVONE HEADS DOWN UNDER
An interview with the #7 player in the world, Italian Francesca Schiavone

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad155/mbm91uk/francesca-schiavone_2356212-1.jpg

Francesca joined the OWTT tour at Madrid in S5, losing to Maria Emilia Salerni 6-2 6-0 in the first round. From then, she was barely noticed on the tour until Wimbledon of the same season, where she made it all the way to the final. From there, Francesca has grown as a player, making it all the way to #7 in the world at the end of S6 following a highly successful latter half that brought consecutive titles at the US Open and in Tokyo, followed up with a run to the final of the year-end championships. She goes into S7 looking to go further.

Q: What clicked in your head during the Wimbledon fortnight in S5?
A: It started the week before Wimbledon, at Eastbourne. I played against Anne Keothavong in the first round and suffered my worst defeat in my career - a double bagel. I told myself it was not going to happen again and so even when I was down 6-0 1-0 to Bartoli in the semis, I was sure of myself that I was not going to lose 6-0 6-0. One game turned into a run of games and before I knew it, I was in the Wimbledon final.

Q: This year, you had a good run at the US Open and then in Tokyo. Do you think you learned something new about what you had to do to win?
A: Yes, I learned that I had to play differently depending on my opponent and that I couldn't rely on my own style to take me through entire tournaments.

Q: What did those two wins means to you, especially the one in New York?
A: It's good to get to the end of a tournament and not feel disappointed with your last match. I have got used to this feeling since I started playing in S5. But winning in New York was a dream come true, and even if I don't win another match for the rest of my career, I will be happy that I have that trophy and no-one can take it away from me. Continuing the run in Tokyo was just the icing on the cake. I felt invincible, like I couldn't be beaten.

Q: But you did face defeat the next tournament in the shape of Iroda Tulyaganova
A: Yes, I did. Iroda played very well and I was happy that I didn't feel any extra pressure going into the year-end championships.

Q: But a win at that tournament would have made it easier to get into the year-end championships at all
A: That's true. I was actually the second alternate and as a player in the top 8 couldn't play, and Kim Clijsters was already preparing for Linz, I jumped in. I had a great run in Cape Town, but Daniela was just too good in the final. I hope to win next year.

Q: Do you have any specific goals for S7?
A: Well, I have won a tour title as well as a grand slam, so I only have the year-end championships to win to have a set, but obviously I am going to be looking to win at every opportunity, particularly at the slams. I want to win in Melbourne, Paris or Wimbledon to secure the big points in case I don't manage to defend in New York, but a few wins elsewhere will help with that too. Now I will be seeded in tournaments, so I won't be facing the big names until later on in the draw. I also have most of my points in the latter half of the year so there is no pressure on me until then. I would like to just keep improving. If I can finish this year even one place higher than I did this year, I will be happy.

Q: Your coach, MBM has taken on another player. What are your thoughts about this?
A: Yes, Janko Tipsarevic has joined the team. I hope he has the same success that MBM has brought me. I look forward to competing along side him when the women's and men's tours meet at the big tournaments.

Q: You arrive here in Australia with very few points to defend. Is the pressure off?
A: Yes, I had a terrible start to S6. I was 0-3 in Australia last year, losing to Lisicki in Brisbane, Olaru in Sydney and Tulyaganova in Melbourne. Of course there is pressure as the #7 player to make it deep into the draws, but I can play freely and I hope to come out with at least one title. But there are 6 players who played consistently better than me last year, so I have to get past them, as well as everyone else on the tour before I can think of that. I can't wait for the draw for Brisbane to come out tomorrow to see who I am up against in my first match. I hope to maintain my high level from the end of last year.

Andrew Laeddis
Sep 26th, 2009, 01:54 AM

I see Bartoli is still taking her Marie Antoinette fascination a bit too far. :o

champion88
Sep 26th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Franny :worship:

Good luck!! xx

Bartosh
Sep 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Madrid+Tennis+Open+Day+2+OkbxieWmgCjl.jpg

An interview with the Venus Williams

Q: How are you feeling coming into this tournament about your prospects?

Venus: Oh, obviously I feel good. I definitely feel like one of the players who has the opportunity to take it home. But I'll say something more after first matches.

Q: Can you tell us why did you have such a bad end of the year?

Venus: I realized last summer that I had to change something - I just can't smash balls through my whole life. So I decided to open schools in Africa. Kids in Cameroon needed my help because there is no education in Africa. I was thrilled how many of them doesn't even know how to spell "Venus" correctly. It was really embarrassing so I bought them computers to watch me on ESPlayer and write good things about me on tennisforum.com

Q: So you decided to have a break from tennis because of African kids?

Venus: Yes. How warm-hearted I'm, aren't I?

Q: Yes, you are. So let's talk about next season. What is your goal for this year? No.1 ranking or slams?

Venus: My motivation is just to win another Grand Slam and stay No. 3, I guess. I think Daniela and Alize did a great job to get to No.1 and No.2 so to get higher ranking again is not my motivation. I'm fine with No.3

Q: It looks like you don't like Alize and Daniela. Can you tell us why?

Venus: Oh I can't say that I don't like them. Daniela is pretty gurl and I find Alize really smart but they are just hating on me all the time and I don't know why. But whatever. It is what it is - I can't be a friend with everyone.

Q: I heard Bartosh, your coach is also Andy Murray's coach. What is your thought about it?

Venus: Andy is such a nice guy and I'm so happy that he is now in our team. I have finger crossed for him. But of course I want Bartosh to take care of me more - women's tour is more important, obviously .

Q: Would you like to play with him in mixed doubles?

Venus: That would be amazing! But I don't think Tour director will have time for doing mixed tournaments so I don't get excited too much.

Q: Thank you and good luck in Australia!

champion88
Sep 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Vee :yeah:

champion88
Sep 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Draw added - deadline Monday so start sending points!!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
OMG

you made Vee sound nice...

RR-87
Sep 27th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Petrova asks for WC :wavey: :bounce:

Sean.
Sep 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
:speakles: Alizť & Venus will be BFFL!

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 27th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I was thrilled how many of them doesn't even know how to spell "Venus" correctly.
:haha:

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/523/22368863adbe9abd99ec6ea29a3134f7-getty-tennis-open-aus-cibulkova.jpg

Cibulkova def. Sharapova
6-3 6-2

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/603/fdb4562a1d3fd4837def19fabf660562-getty-tennis-open-aus-zvonareva.jpg

Tulyaganova def. Zvonareva
1-6 6-2 6-3

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/U+S+Open+Anniversary+Party+LXKRMA-45BBl.jpg

Mattek-Sands def. Benesova
w/o

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/d95d0f49bc80e16a8434f196fea9e94b-getty-78622706hj003_asb_classic_d.jpg

Davenport def. Lisicki
0-6 6-0 6-2

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3201/b0f81053-aeb3-4696-b396-c16a55bb4748.jpg

Chakvetadze def. Sprem
0-6 6-3 6-2

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/655/full_getty-tennis-wta-atp-aus-jankovic_1_20_22_am.jpg

Jankovic def. Bartoli
7-5* 6-1

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/508/42-23256487.jpg

(8) Clijsters def. Petrova
w/o

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://www2.tennisserver.com/images/Pablo/070413/Jankovic-Srebotnik/Family.Circle.Cup-20070413-0551.jpg

Srebotnik def. Karatantcheva
6-0 0-6 6-4

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Brisbane

Round of 32

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_02/serenaRA2506_468x645.jpg

S.Williams def. Vaidisova
w/o

Justin SW
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Serena finally wins :o

Jose.
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sabine :o

Kworb
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Poor Sesil :sad:

:haha: Serena's pic

CiarŠn
Sep 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Maria :sad:

Daszmarelli
Sep 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Anna :bounce:

great comeback, Domi :yeah:

Klina :hug::angel:

RR-87
Sep 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
i have already sent points, so no W/O next time :o :lol:

Broseghini
Sep 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Start with CT :o

Joee
Sep 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
:(

Hele.
Sep 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
klina, sabine :sad:
anna, domi :bounce:

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/523/8344814f255eb0b521ba922689ae167a-getty-tennis-aus-hopman.jpg

Cibulkova def. (1) Hantuchova
3-6 6-1 6-3

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/529/20060831_18_71674360rb028_2006_u_s_open.jpg

(6) Schiavone def. Tulyaganova
7-6(12)* 6-2

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/539/be0395fd2f5cfb341e19bd9defc12d9f-getty-tennis-wta-schnyder-kanepi.jpg

Mattek-Sands def. (5) Schnyder
3-6 6-3 6-1

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/507/3286183aaff9f3bc9716aca12f47d962-getty-tennis-us_open-davenport.jpg

Davenport def. (4) Seles
1-6 6-2 6-0

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/505/7925326venus.jpg

Chakvetadze def. (3) V.Williams
6-1 1-6 7-5

Daszmarelli
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:30 PM
C'mon Anna

Daszmarelli
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Anna :bounce:
Domi :eek:

Justin SW
Vee :sad: Come on Vee!!

champion88
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/508/full_getty-72657645ez022_2007_medibank_7_00_38_am.jpg

Jankovic def. (8) Clijsters
7-5 6-2

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3248/U397P6T12D2436565F44DT20060904095735.jpg

(7) Li def. Srebotnik
0-6 6-0 6-4

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Brisbane

Round of 16

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/506/77f4d17ce7c61a8ae72e551af233e1f6-getty-83373015kc065_western_south.jpg

(2) Cornet def. S.Williams
6-0 6-4

champion88
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM
QF Draw

Cibulkova Vs. (6) Schiavone
Mattek-Sands Vs. Davenport

Chakvetadze Vs. Jankovic
(7) Li Vs. (2) Cornet

Daszmarelli
Sep 28th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks for results, Chris

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM
:o

Sean.
Sep 29th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Oh man I always lose to Li! :ras:

MBM
Sep 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
yay!!! francy straight sets win against the *evil* one!!!! haha. i'm still bitter about iroda ending francy's good run last season haha

Eduardo Oliveira
Sep 29th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Domi :hearts:
:bounce:

Anna :yeah:

Dave.
Sep 29th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Linds :worship:

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Brisbane

Quarterfinal

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/523/GYI0055409737080118_1024x768.jpg

Cibulkova def. (6) Schiavone
7-6(9) 6-4

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Brisbane

Quarterfinal

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/ddebd0d50302881895737b082e4e00a0-getty-78622708sm010_asb_classic_d.jpg

Mattek-Sands def. Davenport
6-7(11) 7-5 6-4

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Brisbane

Quarterfinal

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/655/XKJ106021705_1024x768.jpg

Jankovic def. Chakvetadze
6-1 6-1

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Brisbane

Quarterfinal

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6435490,00.jpg

(2) Cornet def. (7) Li
6-0 7-5

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Semis

Cibulkova Vs. Mattek-Sands
Jankovic Vs. (2) Cornet

MBM
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
congrats domi!! schiavone got a few ranking points here. still nothing to defend in australia... bring it on

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Brisbane

Semifinal

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/523/XCK115010301_1024x768.jpg

Cibulkova def. Mattek-Sands
6-7(11) 6-2 6-1

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Brisbane

Semifinal

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/655/eccb9f75b7865f5a996623e56605e54b-getty-83373049es010_bank_of_the_w.jpg

(2) Cornet def. Jankovic
6-4 6-3

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Final

Cibulkova def. (2) Cornet

carretta
Sep 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Damn Francy :sad:
Must you win everything!
At least Iroda won a match in the first round...

Joee
Sep 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
:(

champion88
Sep 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Brisbane

Final

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/523/ae9df32b2368a8a872523378abd71fc6-getty-77856048eg019_pilot_pen_ten.jpg

(2) Cornet def. Cibulkova
6-0 7-5

First of all, welcome back Cibulkova! After a year off the tour she comes back and plays a brilliant tournament, including taking out the World #1 in just her 2nd match back. However, she was oerwhelmed by Cornet in today's final. Cornet finished last season with a flourish and she continues her good form at the start of this season. She is now less than 300 points from Hantuchova at #1!

Daszmarelli
Sep 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Anna :sad:

Congrats Alize :hatoff:

Broseghini
Sep 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Domi :worship:

Sean.
Sep 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM
:bounce: Alizť
:hug: Domi, great run.

Eduardo Oliveira
Sep 29th, 2009, 10:23 PM
congrats ALize"!! :worship:

Domi :eek: :bounce:

MBM
Sep 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
congrats alizť. And domi too! You getting to the final makes it worth while you beating me