PDA

View Full Version : Anna out 4-6 weeks with a stress fracture in her right foot

Iggy
Sep 16th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Ouch!
As if her luck isn't bad enough. First the robbery and getting tied up, then her slump and struggles with her on-court emotions, now this!
As she reports on her own website...
http://www.annachakvetadze.us/html/diary.html
It's not like she can do rigourous exercises with that medical boot on either.
Hope she recovers soon.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 16th, 2009, 03:48 AM
thats pretty much season end :( :bigcry:

HowardH
Sep 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Anna :sad: :hug:. Get better.

GeorgianFan
Sep 16th, 2009, 04:08 PM
:sad: :sad:

Wintermute
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Poor Anna, that must be tough to take. I could really see very promising signs when she played Vera. Maybe this enforced layoff will do her some good on the mental side of things. It gives her a break from the fatigue of being on the tour and maybe will let her refocus.

CiarŠn
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Oh Anna :aww::sobbing:

Tezuka.
Sep 16th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Why is that :sad::sobbing::sobbing:
Get better Anna .. We always with you

Tezuka.
Sep 17th, 2009, 04:16 AM
:sad::sad:

Sept. 15, 2009

Hi Everyone. Itís been more than a week since I left New York. And Iím sad to tell you all that I wont be able to play for the next 4 to 6 weeks. I have a stress fracture on my right foot. After going through a series of test in New York and seeing a doctor here in Moscow it was confirmed that I do have the injury on my foot. At first it was so hard for me to accept, I mean I honestly felt that my game was really going forward after my match against Vera. And reaching the quarterfinals of New Haven was a small victory for me. How I wish I could have played few more tournaments before the end of the season,, But sad to say I wont. Theyíre might be a small chance of playing Moscow but I will take it a day at a time. I might consider playing challenger also, but like Iíve said it all depends on how fast my foot will heal. Anyway I guess Iím fortunate it happened towards the last part of the season. God forbid it could have been worst. I know with the love and support of my family and friends I will overcome this injury. Thank you all for the continued love and support Everyone. I hope you will be with me every step of my recovery.

I am home right now slowly recovering. The doctors gave me this boot that I have to use for the next three or four weeks. I must admit having them on is like weird and funny. I feel like Iím a pirate. I canít even go out with it, lol. And itís just so hard to match the boot with my clothes : ) . I just try to see the humor side of it really. Hopefully when itís time for the boot to retire, Iíll be able to walk normal again and even wear my clothes again without having problems matching them ;) . I believe everything happens for a reason. I know it hasnít been a great year but thatí s tennis life. Thank God I have a life outside tennis. The most important thing is I am healthy, sort of ;), my family is healthy, my friends are always there and the fans of course. I couldnít ask for more right now. Instead of trying to be negative I would rather stay positive at a time like this. For sure I will keep you all posted as my recovery begins. Before I go special shout outs to my team, sponsors , coach and friends. May God bless each and everyone of you all. I hope to bring you good news in the future. Donít worry Iím keeping the FAITH : )

Take care Everyone!

With Love,

Anna

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Sometimes a few weeks off the tour can be good in the long run. As long as it heals up well.
Come back mentally fresh and have a strong 2010

Tezuka.
Sep 18th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Sometimes a few weeks off the tour can be good in the long run. As long as it heals up well.
Come back mentally fresh and have a strong 2010

I hope you right :awww::tears:

gdot
Sep 19th, 2009, 12:19 AM
anna :sad::hug:

I am home right now slowly recovering. The doctors gave me this boot that I have to use for the next three or four weeks. I must admit having them on is like weird and funny. I feel like Iím a pirate. I canít even go out with it, lol. And itís just so hard to match the boot with my clothes : )

:lol: at least she sees the funny side though.

rucolo
Sep 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
:sad::bigcry:
Unlucky Anna. Just when things started to look better...

I hope to bring you good news in the future. Don’t worry I’m keeping the FAITH : )
Glad to hear this positive attitude.:)

Get well soon, Anna!:hug:

HowardH
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Rucolo you're back :wavey:. How were the two weeks without internet?

rucolo
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hi HowardH!:wavey: It was ok, but stupid that it was during US Open.:o:lol:
I was lucky I could watch Anna vs Zvonareva at my friend`s house.:)

Michael.
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
anna :sad: :crying2:

get better soon anna ! :dance:

DiscoStick
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Oh no :sad:

Bilbo123
Sep 20th, 2009, 08:48 PM
poor anna :sad: :sad:

get well soon :hug:

i love how she's taking this with humour though :yeah:

Daszmarelli
Sep 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
get well soon, princess. She's in quali list for Linz

Gdog
Sep 25th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Aww, I just found out about this as I was looking at the current tourney draws and noticed I didn't see Anna's name anywhere. :awww: I'm really sad to see this happen now, but like others have said, really hope this gives her a much needed break to refocus and become stronger. Here is hoping for a better 2010 season. :tennis:Get well soon Anna! :hug:

GeorgianFan
Sep 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
miss her :sad: :awww:

HowardH
Sep 26th, 2009, 06:28 AM
miss her :sad: :awww:

Especially when we see pics of all the players all dressed up in Tokyo... :sad: :hug:

Tezuka.
Sep 26th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I really missed her so much :sobbing::sad:

Vwilliamsfan1
Sep 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
poor anna :(

sammy01
Sep 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM
i am missing her now. im glad she sounds positive, and i like the idea of playing a few challengers to finish off the year if her foot heals in time.

VishaalMaria
Oct 3rd, 2009, 01:08 AM
Any updates on how she's doing? I wish the best for her.

HowardH
Oct 3rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
There doesn't seem to be any news I'm afraid... hope she is recovering well...

the cat
Oct 7th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Poor Anna, that must be tough to take. I could really see very promising signs when she played Vera. Maybe this enforced layoff will do her some good on the mental side of things. It gives her a break from the fatigue of being on the tour and maybe will let her refocus.I hope you're right about Anna becoming refreshed mentally from her fractured foot break. But foot fratcures scare me as a tennis fan because Anna Kournikova was never the same after her first foot fracture about a decade ago. Then more foot fractures came. I hope Anna's C's foot fracture is a one time thing. Hugs and kisses for Anna. :hug: :smooch: I hope her foot heals and Anna has a great 2010. :D

nevetssllim
Oct 8th, 2009, 05:02 PM
i am missing her now. im glad she sounds positive, and i like the idea of playing a few challengers to finish off the year if her foot heals in time.

She's listed on the entry rostrum for the $100k event in Ortisei, which is good news :)

CiarŠn
Oct 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hope she does well :bounce:

Daszmarelli
Oct 8th, 2009, 07:02 PM
sorry for my ignorance, but Where is Ortisei?

Thanks. BTW good news.

sammy01
Oct 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
its a 100k challenger. shes also in the moscow Q list, shes 3 from MD, so if theres some pull outs then she will get a few extra days to get in some practice.

smokovec
Oct 8th, 2009, 11:43 PM
sorry for my ignorance, but Where is Ortisei?

Thanks. BTW good news.

I hope this is true, Ortisei (Sudtirol, Northern Italy) is about 150 Km from my town, so I can watch Anna live for the first time.

Daszmarelli
Oct 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM
^^
take some pics for us :rolleyes:

and ask her to change her picture's profile on WTA website :p

Michael.
Oct 12th, 2009, 04:16 AM
i hope shes healthy now :unsure: .

Spiritof42
Oct 12th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I hope you're right about Anna becoming refreshed mentally from her fractured foot break. But foot fratcures scare me as a tennis fan because Anna Kournikova was never the same after her first foot fracture about a decade ago. Then more foot fractures came. I hope Anna's C's foot fracture is a one time thing. Hugs and kisses for Anna. :hug: :smooch: I hope her foot heals and Anna has a great 2010. :D
Yes, stress fractures always worry me. In some cases, they never heal properly, and the foot becomes too fragile to sustain a long-term tennis career (as in Kournikova's case). I really hope *our* Anna makes a full recovery. :hug:

cosmoose
Oct 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Lot of players are too proud and think too highly of themselves to go back to ITF.
But I'm glad Anna has recognized her current situation and going to ITF to test her injury and regain confidence away from the pressures of WTA can only be a good idea.
Good luck Anna!

Iggy
Oct 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM
There are a lot of fans who would have questioned Anna going to the ITF, but as a test for her foot, this makes perfect sense.

sammy01
Oct 19th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Lot of players are too proud and think too highly of themselves to go back to ITF.
But I'm glad Anna has recognized her current situation and going to ITF to test her injury and regain confidence away from the pressures of WTA can only be a good idea.
Good luck Anna!

you must love the doubles team this week, chak and pavy, hmmmmm pavetadze, chakchenkova? lol

HowardH
Oct 19th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Pavletadze! :drool:

Break My Rapture
Oct 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Pavletadze :lol::hearts: