PDA

View Full Version : 100K Sofia. Win them all.

Just Do It
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Singles Main Draw

(1)Tathiana Garbin (ITA) v Pauline Parmentier (FRA)
(Q)Darija Jurak (CRO) v (wc)Viktoriya Tomova (BUL)

Anna Lapushchenkova (RUS) v Eva Fernandez-Brugues (ESP)
(7)Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v (wc)Liana Todorova (BUL)

(4)Polona Hercog (SLO) v Simona Halep (ROU)
Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) v (wc)Bistra Otashliyska (BUL)

Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) v (Q)Elitsa Kostova (BUL)
(5)Jelena Dokic (AUS) v (SR)Maria Abramovic (CRO)

(6)Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO) v Lina Stanciute (LTU)
Marta Domachowska (POL) v Julia Schruff (GER)

Karin Knapp (ITA) v Kristina Antoniychuk (UKR)
(3)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) v (Q)Paula Fondevila-Castro (ESP)

(8)Sandra Zahlavova (CZE) v Tanya Germanlieva (BUL)
Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ) v Maret Ani (EST)

Angelique Kerber (GER) v (Q)Katarzyna Piter (POL)
(2)Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) v Petra Martic (CRO)

DokDi
Sep 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Funny how Jelena continues to play against croatian players in Sofia too. (Jurak and Martic in Biella) :D

You can win this, good luck Jeca!

DokDi
Sep 14th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Jelena plays on court 4 tomorrow! All Bulgarians on centre-court:spit:

Just Do It
Sep 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Abramovic has a protected ranking. It looks she took a break from tennis ? This shouldnt be a problem ... but you never know with Jelena.

cn ireland
Sep 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Good luck Jelena!

Shoo your way to a comfortable win tomorrow;)!

Slutati
Sep 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Ajde! :rocker2:
Hercog-Dokic QF :drool:

Mastodon
Sep 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Should be a straight forward match this girl has hardly played this year. Jelena should benefit from her two matches last week and from another weeks practice so I would expect her start out better this week than she did last week but Jelena is so unpredictable she could just as easily win the tournament as go out first round.

Ivan.
Sep 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Jelena plays on court 4 tomorrow! All Bulgarians on centre-court:spit:

Court N4 is the second biggest court here ;-) . Much better than other courts except N1 .

Good luck Jelena . Tomorrow i will scream for you :lol:

DokDi
Sep 14th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Court N4 is the second biggest court here ;-) . Much better than other courts except N1 .

Good luck Jelena . Tomorrow i will scream for you :lol:

Ok. Thanks for the information!:) Scream very much! And take photos if you can:):hearts:

ce
Sep 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
omg she is so close to me :sad:

Havok
Sep 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Please start to enter the doubles events, Jelena!:(

Привет
Sep 15th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Best of luck, Jela. :rocker2:

SHOO!

Mickey019
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:40 AM
She's close to me too... :)

hdfb
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:24 AM
So no live score or live stream? :p

SM
Sep 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Ajde! :rocker2:
Hercog-Dokic QF :drool:
Rising star Jovanovski v Dokic quarter :drool:

Jovanovski made 3r quallies at flushing meadows beating Bychkova in str8 sets, and shes even better on clay, go Bojana

Mashabator
Sep 15th, 2009, 07:24 AM
before we talk about QF she has Hlavackova 2r, shes a pretty good player..

frederique
Sep 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Good luck today Jelly!

Ben.
Sep 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
All the best to Jelena :)

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2009, 11:03 AM
No results till tonight ? :sad:

Mashabator
Sep 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Go Jelena, Dominate Plz

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Stream for Sofia, but only main court :(

http://sportal.bg/sportal_live_tv.php?str=1%20stream

Mastodon
Sep 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Jelena's match will probably be over she was second on and play started four and a half hours ago.

frederique
Sep 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I want to know the result now! Really hope Jelena did well!

Mashabator
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:40 PM
SHE WON 6-3 7-6!!!
someone posted in the sofia thread in challengers :D
bit closer than i expected thought... but a wins a win!!!

Mastodon
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Jelena won 6-3 7-6(3) not convincing at all but at this stage a win is a win.

smmash100
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Well done Jelena. Let's get a run going here...:bounce:

frederique
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:42 PM
According to the Sofia Challenger topic, Jelena won 6-3 7-6!
I think it's a good result, a win in 2 sets is all I could wish for. Well done Jelena,I hope she'll make it through a couple of more rounds here!

Daniel K
A win's a win as you said at this stage :D
Well done Jelena hopefully improving with every match.

Mashabator
LOL we r all posting it XD

Привет
Sep 15th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Who gives a damn about scorelines. :shrug::lol:

Right now all I need to see is 'Dokic df. blah blah blah' and I go into celebration mode. :woohoo:

Mashabator
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Who gives a damn about scorelines. :shrug::lol:

Right now all I need to see is 'Dokic df. blah blah blah' and I go into celebration mode. :woohoo:

Hahaha, yeah i guess so!

Mastodon
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
She must have played better than last weeks first round which is already an improvement. If she can make another round I would say its a very successful week and a good effort considering she started again just over a month ago.

I think most of the Bulgarian no hopers have been knocked out so chances are she will be on the centre court and that means live stream.

Привет
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Jelena needs two things right now IMO. Wins, and match practice. I just hope she can get her match practice through wins, coz that means she'll be back fully in no time. :woohoo:

(still celebrating :woohoo: ;))

hdfb
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
:woohoo: :bounce: Great news, so happy, as many of you said, all I care about is a win!

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I am so happy she won and got another 18 points :yeah: But I am somehow not optimistic about her R2 match :unsure:

Mashabator
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I am so happy she won and got another 18 points :yeah: But I am somehow not optimistic about her R2 match :unsure:

shes gunna need to play well in R2 to advance... :armed: cmon JELLY

Uranium
Sep 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Jelly:yeah:

DokDi
Sep 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Well done Jeca, good luck in the next round!:)

From BG SPORT:

Jelena Dokic overcame the first round in the tournament Allianz Cup. The Australian tennisplayer struggled but defeated Marina Abramovic from Croatia with 6:3, 7:6 (3) in the competition with a prize fund 100 000 euros. Former world number 4 was not pleased with her game. After the match she said that it was not her favorite surface, but she is not currently in a position to choose the tournaments because she needs to start low and go up gradually.

In the next round Dokic will face Andrea Hlavachkova, Czech Republic.

Babolatpro880
Sep 15th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Another win :woohoo: Let's go for two in a row! And look forward to Athens, on hard court. Anyway, Jelena did play against Hlavackova in 2006 in 25K Darmstadt, Hlavackova won 76 61 (tankLena second set). That match is really nothing to go by though.

WhatTheDeuce
Sep 15th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I have a bad feeling about the next match, but at least she got one under her belt :o

Ajde Jelena, just fight

King Aaron
Sep 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
A win. :eek: :woohoo: Bet she tried to choke the second set away. ;)

All the best in R2. :scared:

Ballbasher
Sep 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Jelena :woohoo: :inlove: :yeah:
Although I fear the worst for her next match! :scared:

cn ireland
Sep 15th, 2009, 08:38 PM
:woohoo: a straight sets win:bounce:!

Now win back to back matches please Shoo:hearts:!

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Is OOP out ? With this win Jelena should crack top80 next week :lol:

DokDi
Sep 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
It's not out yet, but I don't think she'll play tomorrow!

Ivan.
Sep 15th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Pictures: http://sportal.bg/galery.php?image_page=1
I also made some but i will post them later . She is star here and many medias was on her match . She is great player but her biggest problem is UE and her mind.

Mastodon
Sep 15th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I also made some but i will post them later . She is star here and many medias was on her match . She is great player but her biggest problem is UE and her mind.

Its her mind that is her main problem losing focus and concentration and that leads to the UE's.

Yorker
Sep 15th, 2009, 11:53 PM
as long as it's a win i'll take it, good luck next round jelena.

Havok
Sep 16th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Straight sets!:drool:

Please win two matches in a row, the last time she did so was that ITF lead-up she played prior to Roland Garros.:o

Привет
Sep 16th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Tell us something we don't know. ;) :p

doktor
Sep 16th, 2009, 02:34 AM
we'll take whatever we can get...

Ben.
Sep 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Nice to see her scrape a win :) has nothing to lose.

Mashabator
Sep 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
looks like shell play tomorrow then?

Just Do It
Sep 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yes, they will finish R1 today.

Ivan.
Sep 16th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Interview with Jelena http://sportal.bg/video.php?video_id=17138 :) .

DokDi
Sep 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much! Great interview, so nice to hear from her:inlove:

Mashabator
Sep 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the interview!

Dominic
Sep 16th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the interview she's cute

auntie janie
Sep 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
What did she say in the interview? I can't get it to run.

Philip
Sep 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM
nice interview :D

she seems positive, which is great to hear.

i can sense something magical happening next year!

cmon jelly :)

Mastodon
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
What did she say in the interview? I can't get it to run.

No specific goals for the year just wants to play as many matches as she can, long term goal top 20, she thinks it will take 2-3 months to be able to get to her best level, difference between now and when she was at her best 7 years ago is she looses focus in matches (she says its because she hasn't played that much) and her fitness, she thinks she is slowly starting to play better and just a general understanding that she needs to do a lot of work on everything and she can always improve.

She thinks top five is possible and she knows the level she needs to play to get there.

cn ireland
Sep 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Good luck tomorrow Jelena:bounce:!

Just Do It
Sep 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I cant find OOP :(

Mastodon
Sep 17th, 2009, 01:27 AM
I cant find OOP :(

From 10:00
Jelena Dokic - Andrea Hlavackova
Angelique Kerber - Petra Martic
Polona Hercog - Bojana Jovanovski
From 13:00
Tsvetana Pironkova - Anna Lapushenkova (directly on the BNT)
After this match
Sesil Karatantcheva - Sandra Zahlavova.

Not sure how accurate this is, its says there are three matches in three hours?!?!

doktor
Sep 17th, 2009, 04:39 AM
its so nice to hear from her...

kinfolk_creole
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM
can somebody tell me where i can find the official website?

Dokic Pierce
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:26 AM
can somebody tell me where i can find the official website?

www.bgtennis.bg

Good luck reading it! :lol:

SM
Sep 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM
www.bgtennis.bg (http://www.bgtennis.bg)

Good luck reading it! :lol:
i can read and understand most :hearts:

frederique
Sep 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Jelena, good luck today! :bounce:

Just Do It
Sep 17th, 2009, 10:11 AM
She lost :o

But I really expected this.

Mashabator
Sep 17th, 2009, 10:26 AM
OMG jelena ;(

Mastodon
Sep 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
can't say that i'm surprised. Hope she can keep her head up and keep working hard. I still think she is suffering the after affects of mono.

In reality I don't see her going deep in any tournaments this year she may make a QF or a SF once or twice but thats the best case scenario. I think she will continue to enter and play them but really she is looking to get herself in the best shape she can for the Autralian summer.

Привет
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:08 AM
:sad:

But keep playing, Jela! At least she is getting a few wins here and there. :)

To keep playing week in week out is the only way to shake off the rust.

~Eclipsed~
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Not cool, Jelena. :sad:

DokicToServe
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM
can't say that i'm surprised. Hope she can keep her head up and keep working hard. I still think she is suffering the after affects of mono.

+1, and that's really sad...

Daniel.
Sep 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
What was the score?

Just Do It
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:07 PM
She lost 2nd set 6-4. That is all we know.

Mastodon
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM
According to Meelis the score was 6-1 6-4.

auntie janie
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:30 PM
No specific goals for the year just wants to play as many matches as she can, long term goal top 20, she thinks it will take 2-3 months to be able to get to her best level, difference between now and when she was at her best 7 years ago is she looses focus in matches (she says its because she hasn't played that much) and her fitness, she thinks she is slowly starting to play better and just a general understanding that she needs to do a lot of work on everything and she can always improve.

She thinks top five is possible and she knows the level she needs to play to get there.

Thank you! I really appreciate that you typed this out. :) Looks like Jelena understands it's going to be a long slog to get back to where she was pre-mono. Still, I'm sure she's disappointed to lose in r2 again. Hang in there, kid; it'll all come back! :kiss:

Uranium
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Atleast she is winning matches even though it's only 1 an event:(

Mashabator
Sep 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
yet again TBE is a newfound Andrea fan, it rly annoys me how he/she loves it when jelena loses :o

King Aaron
Sep 17th, 2009, 05:14 PM
:sad: :hug: Jelena.

DokDi
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I watched few games but they were enough . Hlavackova dominated with her great serve . Jelena made many unforced errors and She played without first serve . She tried to stay in the match but her shots didn't worked . In *5-4 Jelena saved 2 MP's but then Hlavackova made ace and after great serve she close second set 6-4 . Jelena was very disappointed :sad: .

Jelena:crying2:

I feel so sorry for her because she wants this so much and she is always positive but it seems like she just can't play well right now, because of the mono affects!:hug:

cn ireland
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'm a little disappointed by the loss (particularly the scoreline) today:(!

However, at least she's playing regularly again:)!

Good luck in France next week Jelena;)!

WhatTheDeuce
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:40 PM
What the hell Jelena? Whatever, just play better next week. :shrug: The amount of fluctuation in her level of play is seriously out of control, she needs to get it together.

auntie janie
Sep 18th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Atleast she is winning matches even though it's only 1 an event:(

Even with only one win per event, it's a big difference from last year when she played mostly in 25Ks. In these larger events she's earning 18 ranking points for that one win per week, so that's a big improvement. And of course the level of competition is higher, which is also good.

I do wish she'd play doubles now and then, though. Get some practice up at net, more time on court, etc. Oh, well, that's not her way.

Ben.
Sep 18th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Bad luck Jelena :hug: accumulating matches is probably the best idea for her at the moment.

milosmarkis
Sep 18th, 2009, 04:25 AM
she can get better practice/fitness work by taking the two hours she would spend on doubles and working on her self. i think that's why she's not playing doubles. if you think about it, it's risky: possible injury, possible bad match, but still two hours/energy wasted. if i'm not "playing well", i rather practice my shots than try to "play". it's good she's playing singles though!!! GO JD!

Привет
Sep 18th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Even with only one win per event, it's a big difference from last year when she played mostly in 25Ks. In these larger events she's earning 18 ranking points for that one win per week, so that's a big improvement. And of course the level of competition is higher, which is also good.

I do wish she'd play doubles now and then, though. Get some practice up at net, more time on court, etc. Oh, well, that's not her way.

It is good that she is sticking to the higher ITFs this time around. Some doubles would be good, too, but we don't want her to tire out.

wcwmaniac
Sep 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, long time reader of the forum, first time poster. Having been a huuuge Jelena Dokic fan for 10 years it was amazingly great to see her live this week. I hope to post some pics by Monday in the pictures thread. Unfortunately she seemed to be in a very bad mood every time I saw her so even though I had media accreditation I couldn't gather enough courage to ask for a picture together.:sad::o

But it was still a thrill. Everything has been said about her form, the mono and all.. so the only thing I can say about her two matches is, at least against Abramovich, when she was losing control mentally, after two very strong winner, she became more energized and started to play better. Even when she scored impressive winners during the second match, she seemed very down and even smashed a raquet in the second set (with mighty power at that). I sat on the next table in the players lounge (the security there was a frickin' embarrassmend, everyone could walk in...) to the table where Jelena was with Tin and Borna. Serbian and bulgarian are similar languages, but different enough that I couldn't understand what they were talking about with one exception. A couple of times she cried "there is no tennis in me, there is no tennis in me":sad:.

Fortunately that may have been just the reaction from the loss coming through because after a while she composed herself and seemed a bit more relaxed. When I was sort of evesdropping I felt enough like a stalker and because of that I didn't take any pictures of her in the players lounge. The three of them just sat there for around two hours but as I said I couldn't understand most of the conversation. It was in pretty high volume though, as you can imagine. All in all, watching her live I could see the huge amount of potential and the problems her head is causing. I know, that's not braking news, but it's all more clear when it's live. Fingers crossed for Athens...

DokDi
Sep 18th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Even when she scored impressive winners during the second match, she seemed very down and even smashed a raquet in the second set (with mighty power at that).
A couple of times she cried "there is no tennis in me, there is no tennis in me":sad:.

:awww::bigcry: It seems this is more serious than we thought!

Thanks for the report!:sobbing:

wcwmaniac
Sep 18th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Well, I want to stress again that this outburst came about 20 minutes after a hard loss and as we all know upset people don't mean what they say. That's my hope at least... Also it seemed interesting to me that on the other side Tin was doing most of the taling and not Borna. Don't know if that's strange or not since it's my first time being that close to pro tennis, but it struck me as weird.

EDIT: As a follow up on my previous post, I already uploaded my Jelena pics from Sofia. Go to photos thread.

powerbackhand
Sep 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM
keep working jelena and your tennis will come back :)

Mastodon
Sep 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't read too much into the things she said after the match Jelena is some who sets very high standards for herself and when she can't meet those standards she gets very frustrated and annoyed with herself. She is probably a bit bitter about how unlucky she has been this year and you can hardly blame her.

frederique
Sep 19th, 2009, 06:58 AM
:sad: Poor girl, it must be so frustrating if you can't play as good as you want.
Keep working Jelena, your form will come back! :hug:

Just Do It
Sep 19th, 2009, 11:42 AM
She needs to ditch Borna, seriously.

doktor
Sep 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Agree... i wish TA would step in... i just hope she trains a shit load in the off season like last year...

cn ireland
Sep 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM

I never see that happening though:(!

wcwmaniac
Sep 19th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Agree... i wish TA would step in...

IMO, she should dump Borna only if she wants to. If TA starts putting pressure on, this can only get ugly. One thing I would strongly advice her, and the Bikic bros, establish connection with the fans. It seems she dosen't trust anybody (and with good reason I guess), she dosen't let anybody close to her and I feel she can't feel our support, she almost dosen't know about it. I don't know if it's a Twitter/Facebook account, SOMETHING that can establish a connection between her and her fans. I would assume she would be very uplifted if she knew how many people were pulling for here and are beliveing in her.

As I said, I was close to her a couple of times and I SO wanted to cheer her up, to try and give her some confidence, but I would have gotten a cold stare and a "F off" if I tried... If that changes, maybe her attitude towards the game will as well...

frederique
Sep 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
@wcwmaniac: I think you're right, it could be good for Jelena to know she still has support no matter what, but maybe it's just us fans who want the contact more than she does ;) Anyway, it's not strange she doesn't trust people easy and with the media always reporting every detail about her family life I can understand she won't talk easily on Twitter or something. Maybe we can try to make some fanbook like we wanted to when she would go to Sweden? Any Greek fans around?

DokDi
Sep 19th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Yes those supporting messages should be handled to her!
If that mono hadn't stop her from playing Båstad, she would have our messages by now:sobbing:

Slutati
Sep 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM
LOL, she's never gonna get rid of the Bikic's. Y'all need to get over that. :lol:

wcwmaniac
Sep 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Does anybody know a website or a link to a bio or something on the Bikic brothers? Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know anything about them, except Borna was the coach of Carolina Sprem.

wcwmaniac
Sep 24th, 2009, 09:52 AM
One final note from Sofia, I spoke with the tournament director yesterday. For the first round victory, Jelena won 1488$. She wanted the organizers to cover her expenses for the week but they refused. I can see both points of view to be honest.

hdfb
Sep 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
^Jelena :o I know travelling around costs a lot but I'm sure out of the entire field, you'd have it better off than all of them after AO pay cheque and sponsorships.

~Eclipsed~
Sep 24th, 2009, 11:10 AM
:awww: Jelena. I have a bad feeling she won't do anything the rest of this year. I really hope she proves me wrong though. :unsure:

Sounds like she needs confidence and motivation again.